• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

In response to Sera's thread, here it is.

Bottom line: warlocks suck. Bad at pvm, bad at pvp, bad at woe, bad at mvp, bad at farming, bad at pimping, just bad. Only good for ksing bots at magmaring.

Buff warlocks, or give them a mount, or even better, why can't warlocks hover and fly like TKM?

Haseo, you are not welcome to comment or post woe videos or show off your +15 KVM staff no one else will ever get.

#2 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

Please elaborate.

#3 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

I don't know if you're doing something wrong, but warlock is pretty awesome in PVP/WoE

#4 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

I like your disclaimer towards haseo, they could simply add 75 matk to each weapon of the kvm weapon to solve their problems temporarily.

#5 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

Warlocks don't need buffs per-se just make their cast time equal to all those op insta cast skills. I don't really understand how all those other op skills get insta cast and Locks get extended cast and delay.

Although I think that the weapon causing the majority of the atk where 120int hardly budges the damage is a bit stupid too.

#6 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Warlocks don't need buffs per-se just make their cast time equal to all those op insta cast skills. I don't really understand how all those other op skills get insta cast and Locks get extended cast and delay.

Although I think that the weapon causing the majority of the atk where 120int hardly budges the damage is a bit stupid too.

I would appreciate if you kept the trolling out of this thread.

#7 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

I don't think that was a troll. And if it was this whole thread is one. I'm offering a suggestion.

Edited by CyFire, 15 June 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#8 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

add more matk through weapons and slightly more from stats

#9 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

Comet and Tetra vortex release books should come out with the next episode update. This should address cast time issue.

#10 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

the issue isnt the cast its the MATK

#11 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

MATK is just low. MvPs having gigantic amounts of MDEF don't exactly help the cause either. This causes a problem in both MvPing and WoE

#12 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:48 AM

In pvm maybe, but nobody can get any decent amount of mdef in pvp/woe since no gear has anything resembling decent mdef (not that you need it currently in woe).

Dont forget haseo's fallen bishop shoes, his +15 staff would be junk without that.

But yeah cast isnt a problem, infact theres new pvp gears (ok a long way out) that will allow full removal of variable cast for warlocks when combined with other gear so eh. The new staffs will help a lot too, but you'd need several of them to switch when changing elements.

Basically you need the next 12 months worth of updates to balance out Warlocks to a good level (ditto for GX's).

#13 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

Change the effect of +9 glorius destruction staff. Warlocks don't need unreliable chance of safety wall proc and we don't really use LoV or Meteor storm anymore. It's so inferior compared to the effect of +9 glorius fist

#14 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

Bottom line: warlocks suck. Bad at pvm, bad at pvp, bad at woe, bad at mvp, bad at farming, bad at pimping, just bad. Only good for ksing bots at magmaring.

Buff warlocks, or give them a mount, or even better, why can't warlocks hover and fly like TKM?

Haseo, you are not welcome to comment or post woe videos or show off your +15 KVM staff no one else will ever get.

Farming - great for low level stuff since fm and jf have such a big area

Woe - i killed more ppl now than i did pre-renewal

MVP - i've only tried low-mid mvps and they seem to be as good as pre-R?

pvm - they can level at a similar speed as sorcs in nameless

Overall, they became far more versatile than before with awesome disabling skills.

Why do i always hear this crap about cast time? They have many fast cast skills and they can instacast with release.

I do agree that matk could so with some buffing though and could do with 5-10 more job points.

Edited by Anko, 16 June 2011 - 07:25 AM.

#15 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Why not? In any case... stop QQing... Heim said already MATK formula will change... but it has to be well reviewed before... MATK is working as intended... what makes up for "medium" matk because matk is not even low is Warlock's spell formula... TV deals +110k damage on PvP... do you want even more than that? 200k damage on PvP so you can be happy about it?

Just wait until changes arrive before start talking about changes... if you think that Warlocks sucks... perhaps you should try a different class since it seems Warlock class is not for you...

Warlocks will have a mount... just WAIT!... plus there are more stuff coming up to BUFF Warlock's MATK... (weapon and stat matk... almost like Mind Breaker pre-renewal)

Ohh and we are not bad at PvM... we are not as fast as other classes but not bad at all... most of our Warlocks 150 soloing w/o any problem at all (we have/had first 4 150's warlocks on server)

I don't know if you're doing something wrong, but warlock is pretty awesome in PVP/WoE

Indeed... it seems that he's doing something wrong...

I like your disclaimer towards haseo, they could simply add 75 matk to each weapon of the kvm weapon to solve their problems temporarily.

lol... dunno why thou... :waddle: ... in any case... it will be more stuff available perhaps on next patch...

Comet and Tetra vortex release books should come out with the next episode update. This should address cast time issue.

Cast as it is right now is neither bad or good... you can fix cast time with high DEX and INT... and on top of that, MATK output is not compromised either... maybe if you guys take more time "testing" built and skills instead of Qing on forums, perhaps you will come out with same answer that all 3 Warlocks on Delusion have... average INT/DEX as 160/150 with buff and +10 food...

the issue isnt the cast its the MATK

No... Matk is good enough to make up for huge damage formula... the problem is not the MATK but the MDEF itself that can reduce Magic Damage quite easily... Raw MATK + Offensive spell formulas are good and perhaps working as intended?

MATK is just low. MvPs having gigantic amounts of MDEF don't exactly help the cause either. This causes a problem in both MvPing and WoE

Indeed... is not that MATK is low... 11XX matk for Renewal is quite good and I bet 90% of HW's pre renewal had same amount as well... Spell's formula are based to amplified considerable this MATK... sadly enough MDEF reduces damage in high amounts... that perhaps is the issue to address here...

#16 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

In my opinion is the best 3-1 class (PVP).

#17 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

My main problem with matk being low is that while warlocks can get around the problem with their high %matk skill mods. Sorcerers can work with their formulas which don't rely on matk purely but include int and other mods...

While bishop magic attacks get low mods and no way to work around the low matk problem...

#18 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

My main problem with matk being low is that while warlocks can get around the problem with their high %matk skill mods. Sorcerers can work with their formulas which don't rely on matk purely but include int and other mods...

While bishop magic attacks get low mods and no way to work around the low matk problem...

Indeed... then perhaps having GM's or Devs changing those skill formula would be reasonable instead of whole matk?

Not that having more matk is bad... but that would work out for Bishop if there's no fix on matk formula.

#19 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

you just have to simply say you suck playing warlock. you know what to do? go make a sura so u dont QQ. warlocks are powerful depends on whose playing. have you ever seen `Force play a warlock. he's one of the best warlock in ymir and he never QQ's he solo'd till 150.

#20 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Make Amp apply to spells used with Release please.
And change Radius from a cast time reduction to a MDEF bypass.

#21 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Apperently some ppl cant read the disclaimer haseo not welcomed.
majority here are troll post or in denial.All the warlocks are garbage in ymir have not see a very good one I did see a moderate warlock as of last week but that required white imprison comboing which im not a big fan.
PS just looked at Hrishi post yea having high MDef doesnt help either.

Edited by DeltaRay, 16 June 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#22 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Make recognized spell a passive skill that is always applied and is a quest skill. :waddle:

#23 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

you just have to simply say you suck playing warlock. you know what to do? go make a sura so u dont QQ. warlocks are powerful depends on whose playing. have you ever seen `Force play a warlock. he's one of the best warlock in ymir and he never QQ's he solo'd till 150.

I got the same feeling... same with Kevin... old Exiled as well...

Apperently some ppl cant read the disclaimer haseo not welcomed.
majority here are troll post or in denial.All the warlocks are garbage in ymir have not see a very good one I did see a moderate warlock as of last week but that required white imprison comboing which im not a big fan.
PS just looked at Hrishi post yea having high MDef doesnt help either.

Yes some ppl... lol

Well...perhaps for your point of view warlocks are garbage and there are not good warlocks on Ymir... but there are others that not share that feeling... it is more like personal preferences I must say... and that's not the point when you comment about a class in general... but I can't expect more I guess...

Make recognized spell a passive skill that is always applied and is a quest skill. :waddle:

lol... that would be too OP... but Recog Spell is changing adding x3 seconds per level I believe...

Ohh and now that I'm reading the 1st post completely lol... (I was reading a bit but I guess I got bored of seeing same old QQ again)

I'm not the only one who have +13/14/15 KvM SoD... and I'm not the only one who have 2 of those staff as well (I never said that I was upgrading my personal staff but my spare one instead)... everyone can make it... u just need the luck and kafra points... if you can't get points of have no luck... well... that's an issue with yourself not to be shared on forums I'm afraid...

Edited by Wizard, 16 June 2011 - 12:21 PM.

#24 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

I saw your Valk video and I must say it wasnt that good , Tetra wasnt one shotting , all other spells seemed like you werent killing ppl maybe because you were always wearing Hibrams and Bryn which you didnt bother to switch at all.Tetra should of been the ultimate spell but I see ppl walking alive after it , Tetra is is like an elemental gfist, you have to summon spheres except no fury requirement over all the class needs MATK buffs cast times are fine.

#25 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

lol... yes about Bryn... I did use Hibrams couple times even thou we have 2 or 3 on guild, w/o Bryn, I can't take out RK's or RG's in 1 shot like I used to... another factor is the bad luck with Kafra Blossom card lol

Sadly, with Glorious suit you won't get as much damage as you want... true is that I didn't even transfer my Valk Panic +3 int to go with my other gear because I wasn't ready for the transfer (website said 24/48 hrs lol... I didn't expected for the transfer to be that fast)

Dunno man... TV with Bryn is kinda high damage... if you manage to increase matk in a bit, to get around 12XX or 13XX matk, your output damage would be quite high... don't get me wrong... I would love to have high end damage, but not sure how other classes will take it... look at the threads about nerfing WI when that skill don't even kill by itself.

But Heim did say that he will be looking into it... who knows... perhaps some day we will have some variation like increasing damage in 25% when reach job 50 or just instead of 1 point of INT giving 1.5matk, it can give 1.75matk instead? or 3 LUK giving 1.25matk perhaps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users