Rachel Sanc Turn In XP - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Rachel Sanc Turn In XP

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

So who else was severely disappointed with the minuscule amount of experience this turn in gave. I got at most 4% a turn in after a difficult time finding all the mobs, seeing as they were all dead and there weren't nearly enough on the map.

#2 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Which turn in?

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Need more spawns - Especially issila

#4 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

this gave like the same exp as medusa on 200 except medusas were 100x easier to kill and mobbier.

#5 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Agreed. Isila is far to under-spawned. I can complete Vanberk quest twice before I got Isila done once. And even the spawn for Vanberk isn't high enough. You have to run around like a nutjob to find ANY amount of enemies, not to mention the experience gained from it is minimal.

And from what I understand Agav isn't much better. There aren't nearly as many Agav's on Rachel 5 as the Isilas, and there are TONS of OTHER enemies that aren't even a part of the quests on the map they spawn. Echio's give almsot no experience either, and the Seekers are just irritating.

Edited by TOAST7312, 16 June 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#6 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

issila usually is on the other floor.

#7 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

This is now the second time they did a rachel sanc turn in...Last time we said there needed to be more spawn, second time around...same thing happens...sigh...We need many more spawns of both monsters

Edited by CheddarJack, 16 June 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#8 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

issila usually is on the other floor.

"Other Floor" Is a specific place and definitely a technical term!

No, but really, where are you referring to?

And also, you do know the portals in Rachel Sanc. are maze-like, right?

#9 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

I think the actual xp per turnin is on par with what you should get, but the spawn is horrid to achieve a resonable turnin rate.

The best luck I have had is to find a corner of the map and camp instead of move about the map.

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Rachel Sanc is a terrible place for a turn-in event, honestly. Monsters move far too slowly, the maps are some of the largest in the game and there are very odd spawn rates on each of the maps.

#11 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

heimdollar: "working as intended"

'working as intended' does not mean 'it can't be improved'. I'm not wasting more time buying/questing for a headgear they want me to upgrade to +7 I'll use to get more XP in ONE event , let alone a -_-ty one. On top of that the experience is appalling. The least they could do is make it mobbier.

#12 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

Rachel sanctuary spawn, terrible?
That doesn't sound right...

If the place really had double spawn you should be up to your armpits in vanberks and isillas.
Seriously

#13 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Rachel sanctuary spawn, terrible?
That doesn't sound right...

If the place really had double spawn you should be up to your armpits in vanberks and isillas.
Seriously

The spawn rate seems unchanged, but the XP they give individually has been halved. Comparatively speaking this isn't a surprise seeing as every person who has been stuck in the level 105-130 range ran there as soon as the server started up. And then was ultimately disappointed.

Edited by TOAST7312, 16 June 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#14 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

I was pretty disappointed, too. At 132 I got like, 1.8-1.9% base with VIP (no ygg hat for all base/job, and no manual). From 200 vanberk/isilla.

Floor 1 is like Vanberk > Isilla
Floor 2 is Isilla > Vanberk
Didn't check out the other floors.

But they all could use an even bigger increase in mobs, since the maps are so big. It seems to get worse the more parties are running on a map, too. Pretty lackluster in comparison to the other TI events we had recently. :waddle:

#15 Kolmogorov

Kolmogorov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

I was pretty disappointed, too. At 132 I got like, 1.8-1.9% base with VIP (no ygg hat for all base/job, and no manual). From 200 vanberk/isilla.

Floor 1 is like Vanberk > Isilla
Floor 2 is Isilla > Vanberk
Didn't check out the other floors.

But they all could use an even bigger increase in mobs, since the maps are so big. It seems to get worse the more parties are running on a map, too. Pretty lackluster in comparison to the other TI events we had recently. :waddle:

You should check out 5th floor for Agav ASAP :P

#16 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well we did a call out for what places you want us to do a turnin kill count quest. And that was the feedback gave us rachel. We put as many turnins in as reasonable, so getting all 4 you should find something to murder for turnin.
The spawn is double, and it is that way on several floors, we can add more perhaps later.

But as for picking where to be, this was the range that was requested, so talk to your fellow RO players why they wanted this dungeon. We do intend on adding at least 1 more area on Tuesday, so where do you think it should be.

BTW: It is interesting that the most anger we get is when we implement crazy faster exp quests. If we don't put them in we get lots of pretty polite demands to put them in, but when we do put them in we get rage feedback..

#17 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

8x spawn to follow the theme of the anniversary and 8x the exp

Settled

#18 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Well we did a call out for what places you want us to do a turnin kill count quest. And that was the feedback gave us rachel. We put as many turnins in as reasonable, so getting all 4 you should find something to murder for turnin.
The spawn is double, and it is that way on several floors, we can add more perhaps later.

But as for picking where to be, this was the range that was requested, so talk to your fellow RO players why they wanted this dungeon. We do intend on adding at least 1 more area on Tuesday, so where do you think it should be.

BTW: It is interesting that the most anger we get is when we implement crazy faster exp quests. If we don't put them in we get lots of pretty polite demands to put them in, but when we do put them in we get rage feedback..

Well if we voted for it I really can't say anything in the defense of the player base. That was our mistake I suppose.

As for the rage, it's mostly a shock/nerf response as a result of people being use to seeing experience increases in the range of 10% per turn in in older turn in events, or a faster turn in ratio by comparison. People may or may not see the amount of experience their gaining here, compared to what they use to get, as a nerf, and thusly rage about it.

Also, where should I go to give my feedback on where the next turn-in event should be.

A promise of future increases to spawn rates is enough for me, so long as it's followed up on. I enjoy playing the damn game, but most of the time I'm on here when there is no event is spent.. Generally just doing nothing, like most people. I don't enjoy the relentless grind as much as I use to and while the larger group benefits you guys are adding are nice, small groups of one or two aren't as efficient as experience is literally being chopped in half.

Essentially if I can't solo it, the endeavor is no longer worthwhile as the time required to level has doubled or tripled.

Edited by TOAST7312, 16 June 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#19 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Like I have said many times before why don't you ever put up a vote for this kind of stuff? That way we can actually give you feedback!
As far as the community saying this is what 'we' wanted I'm assuming you're just taking one persons post and elaborating on that, because I don't remember ever seeing any post about which turn in we would like and for what level range...
The level range on this event is absolutely horrid to boot.

#20 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Okay:
Fellow RO Players:
Why did we suggest Rachel sanctuary? What level range was in most need of turn-in events? Maybe we can compile that information and make better suggestions for next time.

Maybe this seems weird to others, but personally I would really enjoy an event at Odin Shrine-- spawn boost on skeggiolds and skoguls. It seems like it would be fun, and pretty substantial EXP for 115~140 if the spawn rate was accommodating (lower levels might have a hard time surviving), without it being too cliche or overpowered like an AL3 turn-in or Juperos.

For a lower-level spawn, I think Niflheim (First map) would be very fun. It's a mobby map as-is, and I've actually taken my RG there to reflect at level 120+, just because it's such a fun map. Level 80-110 level range, maybe? You wouldn't even need to boost spawn very much-- Maybe 1.5x, it's already a mobby map. It'd give ME priests a little clout and it'd just be fun all-around, I think.
More "outside the box" ideas would be Arclouze/Sting map in GH Culverts, and possibly triple spawn Majororos? I think the map style on those two maps is perfect for turn-in events, and they're both surprisingly good places to level, albeit hard and difficult to get to. They don't get nearly enough attention.
Another thought, for maybe 60-90 level range, maybe Wind Ghost map? You'd have to like, 5x their spawn to make it reasonable though. That map needs serious redesigning.

#21 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

trying to get you guys to do what we want is like living the 1967 movie Bedazzled.

honestly, if i asked you guys for berry pie, i wouldnt be suprised at all at this point if it were dingleberry pie.

why why why put in a turn in-event and cut the exp from killing the monsters by half then "reward" the rest when the count is up? theres litterally no point in having a turn-in then, as theres no visible difference between the "event" and just killing the monsters otherwise.

delaying my next VIP purchase untill you guys get a clue.

#22 TOAST7312

TOAST7312

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

trying to get you guys to do what we want is like living the 1967 movie Bedazzled.

honestly, if i asked you guys for berry pie, i wouldnt be suprised at all at this point if it were dingleberry pie.

why why why put in a turn in-event and cut the exp from killing the monsters by half then "reward" the rest when the count is up? theres litterally no point in having a turn-in then, as theres no visible difference between the "event" and just killing the monsters otherwise.

delaying my next VIP purchase untill you guys get a clue.

Or you can try to not be a complete ass to the guys who do a better job at running the game then it was before. That would be nice.

Actually, generally speaking, and overall re-write of your post would be just super. One that mentions the need for you to get a clue and work with them instead of harassing them in a thread they're already in.

#23 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

Idk i feel rachel sanc could be a decent event, but you cant just double the spawn...there are so few to begin with that doubling them doesnt seem like much. You will probly have to triple it for players to start seeing results for their work.

#24 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

Granted I haven't had a chance to run these hunts yet, if it's like past post renewal events, the exp isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The problem with a large portion of our player base is that if the event doesn't give us retardedly broken exp we don't want to do it. I remember the dragon events before renewal hit. It was fun and it gave me my first 99 trans. But, in the end, the event was too over powered. If I recall, a all base TI + BM would yield 20mil exp. It was nice, but it was broken for a quest that could be done in under 15min with a good party. In other words, we're babied. There could be 10X spawn (which I doubt the server could handle), monsters giving full exp, quest giving 200% the exp for killing the monsters, and a 2x exp event and people would complain it's still to slow.
I'm gonna wait until I do the quest before I give full judgement.

Edited by Talvis, 16 June 2011 - 09:13 PM.

#25 Nomad4Lyfe

Nomad4Lyfe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

I personally like that map, but just for its aesthetics.... It's not very good xp wise, especially with renewal's mob for xp style.

I think people want to go to other places, but have the xp be just as good as an event anywhere else, which is probably near impossible.

Wind Ghost map?

noooooooooooooooooo that's the worst map everrrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users