LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

I'm new to the ranger class, but it has been fun nonetheless. Until recently when performing turn-in quests I noticed something very disturbing. My turn-ins were much slower than how many monsters it felt like I killed. I first noticed this when doing Catfoot Hairpin quest that my kills seemed slow but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then again completing the anniversary quest, the mi gaos seemed to be terribly askew for me. So I took the time to watch it closely.

Primarily, I use fire trap and when the monster is close to death I don't trap again. I simply wait a tick and let the monster die from the burning status. Well, that's where the problem lied. When monsters seem to die from Burning status, there is no count associated to the player. The kill is lost as though noone killed it.

If it could be changed, please make it so that if a monster dies from a status ailment that the player inflicting the ailment is awarded the kill. This has been particularly aggravating for me in Rachel as I leave the Isilla with like 500 hp and the burning status often times steals the kill so to speak.

#2 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

good find never knew this hope it gets fixed

#3 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'm new to the ranger class, but it has been fun nonetheless. Until recently when performing turn-in quests I noticed something very disturbing. My turn-ins were much slower than how many monsters it felt like I killed. I first noticed this when doing Catfoot Hairpin quest that my kills seemed slow but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then again completing the anniversary quest, the mi gaos seemed to be terribly askew for me. So I took the time to watch it closely.

Primarily, I use fire trap and when the monster is close to death I don't trap again. I simply wait a tick and let the monster die from the burning status. Well, that's where the problem lied. When monsters seem to die from Burning status, there is no count associated to the player. The kill is lost as though noone killed it.

If it could be changed, please make it so that if a monster dies from a status ailment that the player inflicting the ailment is awarded the kill. This has been particularly aggravating for me in Rachel as I leave the Isilla with like 500 hp and the burning status often times steals the kill so to speak.

Makes me wonder if gum works when something dies to burning status.

#4 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hmm, I know if you poison a monster, they cant die from poison, however the damage done by poison status is checked as a portion of the damage and that portion of the exp is not received by the player. So its not really new that the status takes away much needed benefits, but i agree for fire trap it is a bit of a concern since using a trap to do 500 more damage seems a bit much especially when you don't have much STR to carry many traps.

#5 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

I reported this bug many moons ago. kRO need to fix this so it'll take a while longer.

#6 futendoji

futendoji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

gum shouldnt work right now whit burning death, it also lowers the exp you get from mobs, coz its dmg not done by you, i also dont know if when killing an emperium whit burning the castle gets changed to no owner or to the guild hu burning aligned it.
still playing around whit the new statuses :-P have fun

#7 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

gum shouldnt work right now whit burning death, it also lowers the exp you get from mobs, coz its dmg not done by you, i also dont know if when killing an emperium whit burning the castle gets changed to no owner or to the guild hu burning aligned it.
still playing around whit the new statuses :-P have fun

burn status = 0 damage to emp since it's not coming from you or anyone else = not from a guild that can hold a castle.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

This bug was existent since the start of Renewal. It only got annoying when we had the X-Mas event where the Burn status on the X-Mas Teddy Bear prevented you from picking up their drops, because Burn status inflicts more then 1dmg to them compared to conventional attacks.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

I'm gonna move this to bug reporting, as that's what it is.

To be honest, it seems more like an unintended consequence of correct behavior.

Damage from status effects is not associated with the player who inflicted the damage. With old status effects, nobody cared (other than that it lowered your exp, if you cut a monsters jugular vein and then stood back and watched it bleed out until it was at 1hp and then poked it, you wouldn't get much exp). But now that we have turnin quests, which are based on who deals the killing blow, and status effects that can actually kill monsters (previously, even bleeding would only bring monsters to 1 hp, wouldn't actually kill them), this becomes a problem.

This is likely going to be difficult to fix, if they fix it at all - they'd have to either retain the source of a status effect (yet do so in a manner that did not introduce other bugs), or make killcount awards be given out like drop priority or whathaveyou (which will also be tricky to do without breaking something)

#10 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Ignition Status and Leech End counts as "self hitting" so any deaths by these status effects will count as suicides and will not count towards any kill count (Turn In events) or Quest progressions (bugged 14.1 and WoE 2 God creation items.)

#11 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

This is a bug, reporting it up for fixing.
Status at this point is : unknown but reported.

I honestly think this may be directly related to why mercenaries and Homunculus also don't give quest credit. Not that it matters for the status credit bug though.

#12 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:41 AM

I honestly think this may be directly related to why mercenaries and Homunculus also don't give quest credit. Not that it matters for the status credit bug though.

kRO fixed this last year...

Common Patch- When doing monster hunting quests, kills made by mercenaries, homunculus, and spirits will now count towards the required kills.

The Ignition Status, Leech End and other status' that kill (including Deadly Poison status, Toxin Poison and Bleeding) have yet to be fixed though.

Edited by Clogon, 25 June 2011 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users