• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ReckBassist

ReckBassist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

My first advice was to reinstall, which I'll be trying, but I'd like to get this issue addressed.
Info
-----
Previously, before the update, the game ran perfectly. I just finished up the last daily quest for the day, and decided to log off for the update. As soon as I logged back on, I noticed: Vyvern, on the character selection screen, was textureless and a solid purple. Different shades of purple, as well. Thinking it was a lag problem, I went on and signed on with my character. When it loaded, I was in PoW, and all the textures were gone, a solid purple like Vyvern. (Besides a few items, such as the boat and the characters). I tried to go to Bearded Whale Coast, and it wouldn't let me. I then tried a megaphone, which worked, as people responded. Someone tried to help, and gave me a card to warp to vegabond. When I warped there, I couldn't attack any enemies, and all the objects/textures were purple. At this point, I tried logging off, and the message popping up about experience at PoW appeared. Odd, it still thought I was at PoW.
----------
I tried rebooting both the game and my comp, which had no success. Right now, I'm trying reinstallation, and hopefully that'll work. I hope this issue gets addressed, as I had no problems like this in the EU or Asian servers, or this one before the update.

Edit---------
Repairing of installation did nothing, but give me a black screen of doom when I start the client. Tried to install, after removing, and installer would no longer load. What the hell? Redownloading installer now.....
Redownloading installer didn't work. Installer won't start.

Edited by ReckBassist, 17 June 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#2 lowconcept

lowconcept

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Well I dunno.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

same problem.Im quite frustrated but I will wait for it to be fixed or a solution

#3 yodasonics

yodasonics

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

That didn't happen to me, that sounds really weird..

#4 ReckBassist

ReckBassist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

So, I downloaded the alternative download, and the installer on that, and it seemed to work pretty nice. The installation actually worked, which is a plus, but when I started patching, It paused at 0.4 on the bottom bar. On the top bar, it paused at 24.5% and "Patching 2dmovie.wmv" Or something along the lines of that. Now it's "Connecting to the server", still lat 0.4 on the bottom bar, taking an hour or so to go up to 100% on the top bar.
----edit----
Patching's going great now, I really hope this works. I'll edit again regarding the details, if this worked.
----edit 2----
Okay, this is getting weird. Every little bit, it pauses at some .wmv file it can't update, and reconnects to the server. So far, for the third time, at 33.6% on the total update bar, it's paused and had to reconnect. :/

Edited by ReckBassist, 17 June 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#5 lowconcept

lowconcept

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Well I dunno.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

lol I solved my problem and ur computers blood type is ABnormal lol

#6 ReckBassist

ReckBassist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Turns out I had some leftover IAHgames files. :blink: Checked through my Program files in hopes of that being the problem, and it was.

#7 ReckBassist

ReckBassist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Turns out I had some leftover IAHgames files. :blink: Checked through my Program files in hopes of that being the problem, and it was.
Turns out that was the graphics problem, but I'm now having trouble patching. It gets to 71.1% total finished, then I get an error. This is odd...
-I closed the error message before I SS'd-
http://i56.tinypic.com/9fm8o9.jpg

Edited by ReckBassist, 17 June 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#8 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Use this client as a temporary solution.

http://forums.warppo...ailed-to-patch/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users