Starting Mage- Sage/Wizard Guide. - Page 3 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

Starting Mage- Sage/Wizard Guide.

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#51 RoseMuto

RoseMuto

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

I believe you mean Stapo and if so you SHOULD be able to solo here fairly easy.

You just need to make sure to put down a FWall after you hit him with the first Firbolt and do a 2nd one to finish him off. U can setup the Fire Wall before or after your first FBolt as they move pretty slowly.

If for some reason you don't have Firebolt + FWall maxed then you prob have Frost Diver (or Frost Nova/SG if Wiz) to freeze them then Lightning Bolt(if Wiz JT) them and freeze again to finish off.

Thanks and yes that's what I meant. The only thing is when I was headed there this black wolf and sheep things killed me. That's what I was wondering about. On the website it didn't say anything about them being on those maps.

#52 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Ah you have run into Galion and Roweens.

The way to avoid them is to warp to Veins from Rachel then just head to the map south of veins to hunt them. The warp is available to VIP & NON-VIP (just checked on alt acct).

EDIT: Oh the warp is available from "Cool Event Corp" guy in red coat. He does same things as Kafra girls really.

Veins 07 is the best map to hunt them on NOT Veins 01.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 24 June 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#53 RoseMuto

RoseMuto

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ah you have run into Galion and Roweens.

The way to avoid them is to warp to Veins from Rachel then just head to the map south of veins to hunt them. The warp is available to VIP & NON-VIP (just checked on alt acct).

EDIT: Oh the warp is available from "Cool Event Corp" guy in red coat. He does same things as Kafra girls really.

Veins 07 is the best map to hunt them on NOT Veins 01.

yeah I figured that out right after I wrote that comment. Thanks for the help.

#54 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Been there. Galion is a b***h!!

#55 JesusWasJewish

JesusWasJewish

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Sage job quest is lame.

#56 Yosharu

Yosharu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNC, USA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Whichever Sage can make it to Desert Wolf solo is a damn beast, cause good god them little hill wind bastards are something else. If you actually survive through the hoard of Hill Wind (got a ranger to help me get there, I died a million times attempting to go by myself) have fun with Desert Wolf because they cast Fireball I'd say like 30% of the time which will 1 hit you then you'll have to attempt the impossible all over again.

Edited by Yosharu, 25 August 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#57 pr42

pr42

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSection ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
  • Server:Valkryie

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thank you for this guide it was very helpfull considering I never played this class before, from the stat / skills / level spots, all so far so good. However I am now at level 60/14 Wizard and I am still leveling off Groves and Floras 2 East of Comodo, guide states at level 40 be there, I just havnt left since there was so many mobs around, easy to kill, and the only aggressive mobs around are floras which are immobile, making it perfect leveling with no harm to come to you.

Thank you Very Much for this guide.

note: following the Mage/Wizard Guide thats pinned in the mage class section of the forum now for the wizard skill tree and more. thank you.

#58 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for this guide it was very helpfull considering I never played this class before, from the stat / skills / level spots, all so far so good. However I am now at level 60/14 Wizard and I am still leveling off Groves and Floras 2 East of Comodo, guide states at level 40 be there, I just havnt left since there was so many mobs around, easy to kill, and the only aggressive mobs around are floras which are immobile, making it perfect leveling with no harm to come to you.

Thank you Very Much for this guide.

note: following the Mage/Wizard Guide thats pinned in the mage class section of the forum now for the wizard skill tree and more. thank you.

Glad it helped.

Actually at your level you may want to try the Grand Peco's that I suggested in my first post. If you have at least 70 BASE Int or so and the Eden Staff 2 (or Survivors Rod upgraded to +4) you will be able to take them out with 1 level 10 Cold Bolt easy. These give almost double the exp that groves do if not more because of the lvl bonus. The map is safe as Goats are passive and Geographers are immobile like Flora are.

Also you can 1 shot the goats with about 83 Base Int or so with lvl 10 cold bolt and Eden Staff2. If using Survivors Rod u will need around 90 Base Int though.

Start killing the goats only ounce you hit lvl 65 though for no exp penalties. Actually at lvl 65 you will get 140% exp from them hehe.

#59 pr42

pr42

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSection ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
  • Server:Valkryie

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

thanks, im now 74, been at goats for a bit after leaving grand pecos, its been less then a week since i started this character and progressing fast.. Evil, do you know of any good high wiz and warlock builds? my plan is for woe, so i wanna get to my 3rd asap.

#60 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

WoW Just WoW this guide PERFECT one that actually is working. Go figure.

Koodos dude. ;)

#61 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Great Guide, I keep using it although I just started playing again two days ago. Kinda stuck on level 71 (I kept dying during the Eden Lvl 70 Group, damn Wraiths) and now I see a problem with my parameters ... I resetted once to get 99 INT and then went the rest into DEX so my VIT is practically nonexistant ....

C-A

#62 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Prior to transcending I would advise not putting past 90 for INT. The points spent going from 90-99 is pretty high, it'd be better spent in another stat, such as DEX or VIT.

Now while the Eden wands have Higher Magic attack they lack the HP and low lvl requirement of the Survivors and they CANNOT be upgraded. Upgrading the Survivors Rod to +5 (Safety level if VIP or with Enriched Ores if non VIP)

Non-VIPs and VIPs refine exactly the same on iRO now.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 16 November 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#63 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Non-VIPs and VIPs refine exactly the same on iRO now.

Yeah thanks I forgot to update that part when they changed that.

*Fixed

Edited by EvilLoynis, 16 November 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#64 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

Stop at 90 int and get some in vit and dex. Which should be first?

#65 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Stop at 90 int and get some in vit and dex. Which should be first?

Just personal recommendation here but I would say a bit of VIT. 20 or so is a small investment stat point-wise and makes a pretty big difference (items heal 38% better than if you still had 1 VIT).

#66 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Just personal recommendation here but I would say a bit of VIT. 20 or so is a small investment stat point-wise and makes a pretty big difference (items heal 38% better than if you still had 1 VIT).

Okay cool ill get 20 pints in after 70 int then.
/

#67 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Okay cool ill get 20 pints in after 70 int then.
/

Truthfully here it depends on if your a Sage or Wizard really.

If Wiz that Vit makes more sense since you may be doing gramps turn ins and be casting your AoE spells instead of the Bolts you would be doing as a Sage. But here also don't put to much in Vit as you need your Dex to bring down cast times.

Sadly Sages really do not get the option to join turn ins much until they are Scholars and can act as SP batteries.

Therefore Sages should get the Int until 90 really then Perhaps Vit as they will not need the dex as much with short casting bolts.

#68 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Truthfully here it depends on if your a Sage or Wizard really.

If Wiz that Vit makes more sense since you may be doing gramps turn ins and be casting your AoE spells instead of the Bolts you would be doing as a Sage. But here also don't put to much in Vit as you need your Dex to bring down cast times.

Sadly Sages really do not get the option to join turn ins much until they are Scholars and can act as SP batteries.

Therefore Sages should get the Int until 90 really then Perhaps Vit as they will not need the dex as much with short casting bolts.

Well I am aming for wiz but I thought about adding max of 20 vit min of 10 doesn't luk increase cast time.

#69 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Well I am aming for wiz but I thought about adding max of 20 vit min of 10 doesn't luk increase cast time.

castTime = (1 - SQRT((DEX * 2 + INT) / 530)) * (1 - sum_castReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.8 + (1 - max_fixedReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.2

http://irowiki.org/w..._Time#Cast_Time

Luk does not effect cast time

Luk

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Luk#LUK

#70 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

castTime = (1 - SQRT((DEX * 2 + INT) / 530)) * (1 - sum_castReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.8 + (1 - max_fixedReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.2

http://irowiki.org/w..._Time#Cast_Time

Luk does not effect cast time

Luk

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Luk#LUK

can you explain to me why luk is used in builds I know its every 3 luk+ 1 matk ...
ohhhh
i see lol

#71 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Ok I never made it this far in levels with a character before (except private servers) so I'm not all too sure, but .. being level 81 is it normal that a single Stapo gives me "only" 1.3% EXP? I thought Monsters +15 your Level are the best monsters to fight for EXP.

C-A

#72 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Ok I never made it this far in levels with a character before (except private servers) so I'm not all too sure, but .. being level 81 is it normal that a single Stapo gives me "only" 1.3% EXP? I thought Monsters +15 your Level are the best monsters to fight for EXP.

C-A

Well really exp is scaled so that you get 140% monster exp from a monster that is exactly 10 levels above you.

http://irowiki.org/w...ience#Mechanics

From 5 Levels lower than you to 2 higher you just get the full exp.
From 3 Levels above you it starts increasing by 5% upto 140% at +10 and goes down 5% till +15 at 115% exp.

Ounce you hit +16 you only get 40% of the monsters exp so you really really don't want that.

Now keep in mind a couple other things, besides level, when you try to find the best lvling spot
1 - How easy is the monster to kill, how long per kill and are there a lot of them.
2 - Do I need to be using FWings or potions a lot thus costing me zenny?
3 - Are there other monsters on the map that are a problem?

Now to answer your question Stapo's give 1574 Base Exp and are level 95.
Therefore at level 81 you will be getting 120% of that which is 1889 exp per kill
From level 81-82 needs 300k exp so 1889 is roughly 0.6% (tiny bit more 0.629%)

So really that 1.3 your getting is because of the 2x exp even going on so it's basically 2 for 1.

It's much harder the higher you go especially that last level 98-99 which you need 4 MILLION exp or if trans like my Biochemist you need 6.8 MIL so that even when the guy I kills gives me like 10k exp it's only 0.3% per kill or less.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 22 November 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#73 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Ah, so +10 is the best. I wonder why 15 was in my head ... I suppose I'll head somewhere else for the mean time. I was starting to hunt Alarm for a Clip, anyway.

C-A

#74 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Ah, so +10 is the best. I wonder why 15 was in my head ... I suppose I'll head somewhere else for the mean time. I was starting to hunt Alarm for a Clip, anyway.

C-A

I really don't think that's a great idea. If your desperate for a clip either just buy one or hunt the Dragon Fly which drops it at 30%

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1091/

Alarms will only give you 1553 exp for now per kill (Doubled for 2x exp is 3106) compared to the 3778 that Stapos are giving you.

1242 * 125% = 1553

Also remember that as your leveling the exp that Alarms will give you will just go down each level higher you get. Whereas Stapo exp will keep going up for 4 more levels then start decreasing slowly again.

Plus Stapo hunting is a LOT safer compared to clock tower.

#75 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I can't buy a Clip (or pretty much anything) cause everything seems to cost at least 300.000 Zeny+ (or even 95 Million! WTF!!)
And I don't know how other players do it, I don't have that much zeny - I sell all the loots I have, even the higher selling ones and I still get maybe 90.000 together. The idea of getting the 1.285.000 together for Rebirth are already a horror for me.

I'm in Einbroch right now and tried Breezes cause they're +10 Levels, but I got killed.

C-A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users