Starting Mage- Sage/Wizard Guide. - Page 5 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

Starting Mage- Sage/Wizard Guide.

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Well it's actually good that you didnt turn to warlock without transcending. You wouldn't have gotten the trans skills, like Mystical Amplification.

And anyway, I think you have to be level 99 (as a Wiz or HWiz) to change to warlock.  Just grind some more levels first. And I suggest you grind up to Job Level 70 (in case you are thinking of taking the shortcut and changing to WL before getting to Job 70)

#102 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Definitely get j70 before going to WL! It will test your patience, but the 91-99 Eden board quests help speed that last job level grind up a lot.

It's perfectly okay to start the job3 quests before you trans and continue it after (or even complete most of the quest pre-trans and finish after reaching 99/70 trans). Nothing to worry about.  :p_smile:

#103 hitsugaya23

hitsugaya23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

thanks guys!!!:))))) ill try to be WL today:)) wish me luck

#104 hitsugaya23

hitsugaya23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

aww man how come i cant still get the magic stones?! i already reach lvl 99 and jlvl 70 and went to yoop's office she asks for 3 carat of diamond which i have and she wont take the carat of diamond so she can give me the magic stones:((

#105 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can you check again if you have 2 pcs of this item: http://db.irowiki.or.../item-info/732/

#106 TKOva

TKOva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

So where's a good leveling spot for sages at lvl 95+ since the guide hasn't been updated for over 2 years. I was wondering if anything changed.

Edited by 100002482997769, 29 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#107 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

So where's a good leveling spot for sages at lvl 95+ since the guide hasn't been updated for over 2 years. I was wondering if anything changed.

Turn-Ins (Also known as TI) is what I suggest. If you got VIP, doing http://irowiki.org/w..._Turn-In_Events is probably your best bet. Just go in, find a group and spam heavens drive to make yourself useful (skill reset is free until you reach level 100, so you don't really have to worry about not having it).

Eden quests are also okay at the http://irowiki.org/w...sts#Level_91-99 91-99 range. I usually do: stapo, roween, siroma, dark priest, injustice and rybio since they are easy to get to, but it all depends on how you are geared/built. If time is not an issue, doing siromas and stapo only (non-aggressive and really weak, lightning and fire respectively) is also okay.

And if you're into grinding, magmarings might be an option. They give decent experience, but you might need two bolts to kill them, making them less effective than some. They are really easy if you have access to siroma cards though, since cold bolt should be able to kill them easily with high int and two-handed staff.

#108 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hey guys, 

I am a brand new player to iRO and made a mage as my first class. I have been following this guide to level and gear myself. I am lvl 73/36 Sage at the moment with Eden gear and Survivor+5 rod and just recently acquired a vitata card in a nile ring for healing. I put all my stats into INT up until 90 and am putting them in DEX at the moment. I took 10 FB, 10 CB, 10 FW and the required prerequisites. The remaining 13 points i left unspent until I had to allocate them for a job change. I chose 10 FD and the rest in SP recovery. Now, I am trying to work through the questline 20/40/60/80/100 for a phen card and I feel like it is taking me a long time to kill individual mobs for this quest since I have no Lightning attacks. Did I make a mistake by not getting 10 LB? Will a skill reset undo the points I chose for mage class even though I am now a Sage?

Also, I have not spent any of my skill points for Sage yet since all of them seem underwhelming or require reagents to cast the spell. Since I am a new character I am trying to avoid any extra expenses. Should I just spend my points on movement casting and earth spike/heaven drive?

P.S. Frost Driver seems underwhelming without a Wind based attack to follow up with. I guess this is why FD is more popular for Wizard builds?

Thanks in advance!

#109 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

Until you turn Base Level 100, you can reset your skill for free and re-spec ALL your skills (be it 1st job skills, 2nd job's, or 3rd's).

Assuming you're a pure caster with INT, DEX, and some VIT with no points spent elsewhere, Lv10 FD is good, paired with LB. If you have some neutral reduction and/or cast time reduction gears, you might opt some DEX for VIT and mob with Thunderstorm (for Overlook Dungeon) and/or Fireball.

Don't spend too much on SP Recovery, and I personally go with Safety Wall over Fire Wall.

#110 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:56 AM

Hello all I just wanted to let you all know I am back for a bit although not sure how long I will be around.

Sorry to see that a number of my links are no longer around so will try to fix that although most 95% of it still seems to be really fine luckily after a 2 year absence.  Not sure why it was unstickied as it still seems like a great guide for starting players while the others are a lot more for advanced users.

Update:  I replaced the Rode Links with the IWDB links as Rodes site seems to be having major issues.  Also added the Bounty hunting quest link for certain monsters.  For some reason Morroc didn't get any love.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 05 May 2016 - 09:24 AM.

#111 sqvirel

sqvirel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:16 AM

Oh man this guide rules! I usually suck as mage but with this I made it to trans in two days :D

#112 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:53 AM

Oh man this guide rules! I usually suck as mage but with this I made it to trans in two days :D

Thank you very much.  I took about a 2-3 year break I think and it became unpinned for some reason.  Still has more views on it than the other guides here.

Added a zenny making section at the top of the first page, also edited starting character creation as they changed this drastically. Added Siroma to monster hunting as they give quite good exp.

Hopefully they repin my guide now that I am back updating it.

#113 Miloth

Miloth

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Hello

Thailand ragnarok got new owner

the problem is I don't know what version it is

there's only class 2-1  

they say they use renewal database

but there's no Eden   no airship in Izlude

morroc town still intact

I find some metaller in morroc field 08 instead of 09

i'm level 40 now can you suggest where I should level ?

got firebolt 10 cold bolt 10

#114 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

Any inputs for +9glorious staff? Is it still beneficial in the long run? I have this from pRO and I'm thinking of destroying it (eat gear) cos my main now is gx. But I'm planning to create mage in the future. (Not sure yet if wl or sorc)

Thank you!

#115 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:07 AM

Glorious Staff of Destruction is still the best thing vs Demi-Human targets.

If you plan on doing GMT or anything pvp/woe related keep it.

#116 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

I have some question about Fire Ball. It says on iro that at level 10 it has 340% matk. But when I looked on the skill window in the game, the description still follows the pre-renewal which is at level 10 it's 170%

So which is true?

#117 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:40 AM

Nevermind answered my own question

Edited by hammie, 20 November 2018 - 12:35 PM.

#118 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:10 AM

Mage speed leveling guide:
Level 1~15 spore
Level 15~30 anthell
Level 30~75 orc field (gef bb>Orc dun)
Level 76~99 harpy

If you had matk equip like celine/rwc pendant/faw, it will make your leveling faster. Always use increase hp potion during low level. You can play kaupe shenneingan if you have soul link because potting are for noob.

Max fireball first for mage section. Max heaven drive for sage/wizz while hunting harpy. Pump all your stat on int because both skill cast time are quick.

Edited by andxres, 02 December 2018 - 07:11 AM.

#119 LixoSagrado

LixoSagrado

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:51 PM

Hello. These leveling tips apply for transcendence, even today? Thanks

#120 EdwardEG

EdwardEG

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationWarga +62

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:36 PM

Yes.. its useful. I levelled up my mage into sage. Early levels i go to Spore, then bigfoot then i went to Wolves and Bettle King. I stopped to 60 btw. But you can try level at Grand Peco/Goat after that since its non aggresive mobs.

#121 luckyboy89

luckyboy89

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 09:08 PM

hi,

is this topic the latest? i cant see the link to the high wizard build..

Please help. 1st time doing high wizard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users