"Shadow of Mefisto" ksing again - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

"Shadow of Mefisto" ksing again

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Hugeling

Hugeling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Okay, I know noone will do anything if I send in tickets so I will post this here instead.
Screenshots of him ksing:
http://imageshack.us...rieopen004.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...rieopen005.jpg/

This is not the first time he ksed me.
I thought only mvps, dbs, and bbs are free for all. Can anyone clarify?

#2 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Are not mini mvp free for all?
I mean boss type monster.

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

Are not mini mvp free for all?
I mean boss type monster.

Nupe, they are not. There are lots of boss type monsters, from kasas, to cornus, to rare boss protocol monsters like GR...

There is no such thing as mini-mvp in RO, the mini-mvps are just monsters most players agree to treat specially, but other than that, there are no special rules for these monsters.

Edited by Kadnya, 17 June 2011 - 09:31 PM.

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

Nupe, they are not.

So why they are Mini MvP? if that is true then AK card shouldnt work with them.

#5 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

People call them mini boss monster, how ever they are regular monster, they just act like boss type and have a simlar AI. Some even have a boss type label so the AB knight cards work on them. No where does it say those are free for all. They are not mvp so he is ksing.

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

So why they are Mini MvP? if that is true then AK card shouldnt work with them.

Boss monster is any monster with the boss protocol. The boss protocol has some qualities which make it useful to set some non MVP monsters with this setting:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Boss_Protocol

AK card works on boss protocol monsters. All MvPs are boss protocol, and free for all. Not all boss protocol monsters are MVPs or free for all.

If you want a more graphical indication of which monster is an mvp or not: MvPs are the monsters which when killed pop a bursting bubble saying "MVP!" over the head of the people who dealt the most damage, and on your chat window show a message like "Congratulations! You are the mvp. Your reward is XYZ item".

Any other non summoned(by alchy mushroom,DB,polymorph) monster is not an MvP, and stealing them from other player is KSing.

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

It's KSing. Mini-Bosses are not free for all, as they are not MVPs.

However, the number of players that actually follow that rule are slim to none. It's kind of sad. >_>

#8 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

So i actually noticed i KSed sometimes mini mvps ..... now i feel horrible, this sucks...

#9 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

Ban pl0x.

#10 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

When will these people realise it's spelled MePHisto?

It would be excusable if the guy was a Sura...because that could actually be clever, but not from a sorc!

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 17 June 2011 - 11:30 PM.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

When will these people realise it's spelled MePHisto?

It would be excusable if the guy was a Sura...because that could actually be clever, but not from a sorc!

You're talking about a guy that doesn't know how to spell for his life and has a 50/50 chance to type in caps along with bold lettering.

#12 Icey

Icey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

stop QQ. someone stole my oca when i killed BB gloom under night. this how RO players work. next time bring ur rk to kill it XD. problem solved

Edited by Icey, 18 June 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#13 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

That is actually why i tough mini mvps were free for all, most of the times i hunted GR, some RK come amd DB, i asked plenty of people and they said mini mvps were boss protocol.
I bet mefisto tough they were free for all too :[

Edited by FiskBlack, 18 June 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#14 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

The problem is that this game can't decide what "boss" means.
We have true bosses (often called MVPs by the community, but really, the MVP is the guy who kills the boss).
We have regular bosses (often called minibosses by the community).
We have "boss protocol" monsters, which get the immunities and AI of a boss, but really aren't one (necromancer for instance).

This gets especially annoying when you get things like Angeling (normal boss), and Arc Angeling (IDENTICAL to Angeling, just palette swapped), which actually is an MVP.

I think there's a really simple solution to the problem of newbies not knowing what actually uses the MVP system. Rename the MVP bosses to * Name *, so people will know that "Angeling" is just a rare spawn, while "* Arc Angeling *" is an actually MVPable boss.

Last but not least, no matter what you do, Ghostring WILL be KSed. He teleports way, WAY too often for anyone to know with certainty who started the fight.

#15 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

So i actually noticed i KSed sometimes mini mvps ..... now i feel horrible, this sucks...

Now you know and knowing's half the battle.

Arc Angeling ... which actually is an MVP.

Since when? LOL

People who want to KS will always do so as long as the game (and GMs) allow it. It's especially annoying with minibosses though. :<

#16 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Since when? LOL

*checks a database*
Apparently, not since Renewal. He definitely WAS one in the past, as I've fought him via BB.

Edited by Mwrip, 18 June 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#17 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

*checks a database*
Apparently, not since Renewal. He definitely WAS one in the past, as I've fought him via BB.

Nah, was never an MVP. :blink: They just threw some porings in with the BBs, if I remember correctly.

#18 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

BB's summon regular boss protocol monsters sometimes too. There is no difference between miniboss and boss protocol. I don't know why you're trying to make a distinction.

#19 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

the gms need to stop it
problem is a lot of people dont know that its against the rules

i think they should start giving a 1 day ban for it
it will get the point across, but it wont be too annoying for those who dont know any better

#20 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

That requires work on the gm's part. Goooooood luck

#21 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

Send a ticket about this problem, this post its ilegal if you read the rules, also irowiki its not official data base, i got a gm answer long time ago when i reported a "kser" of my bloody knight: "its FFA.... deal with it" he explained me that if you cant frozt the monster, its a boss protocol monster
Also in this image appears that you are ksing, and not the sorcerer

Edited by Mefistofeles, 18 June 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#22 Hugeling

Hugeling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

>>stop QQ. someone stole my oca when i killed BB gloom under night. this how RO players work. next time bring ur rk to kill it XD. problem solved
-BB gloom under night is FFA(free for all) and therefore the loots might be FFA. So the OCA was not technically stolen. Next time bring a rk? Thats like saying bring a sura with megs, tanee and bryn to kill mvps so they dont get taken. I don't like the idea of making another class to be able to hunt what you want to hunt. Being able to play a class that you like is one of the enjoyable aspects of this game.

>>Last but not least, no matter what you do, Ghostring WILL be KSed. He teleports way, WAY too often for anyone to know with certainty who started the fight.
-Ghostring in renewal only has 27k hp. In addition to this, it will only teleport when its hp is low and attacks a target by melee. So, it does not teleport often. If the ghostring has teleported at least once, it should not matter who started the fight unless there was someone who made it teleport deliberately.

>>the gms need to stop it
problem is a lot of people dont know that its against the rules
-I understand that it is hard for gms to stop ksers, which is probably why these rules are not posted on official pages, but I still believe something can be done. Another problem is that it is hard to determine ksing just by looking at screenshots.

>>Send a ticket about this problem, this post its ilegal if you read the rules, also irowiki its not official data base
-Sending a ticket will do nothing to resolve this problem. That is why I created this thread. How is this thread illegal? According to the General Forum Rules Of Conduct: "Threads that are posted for the purpose to flame, attack, accuse or initiate an accusation towards another user will not be tolerated and will be removed immediately when found." This thread was not removed immediately, so this thread must be legit. You have also said in-game that all boss protocols are FFA. This thread serves the purpose to clarify which monsters are FFA.

>>i got a gm answer long time ago when i reported a "kser" of my bloody knight: "its FFA.... deal with it" he explained me that if you cant frozt the monster, its a boss protocol monster
-I, also, have sent tickets to gms about ksers stealing minibosses. The person who replied to my message, however, said something about having insufficient data, but said nothing about Free-For-Allness. By frozt, do you mean freeze? If so, all undead monsters must be boss protocol monsters.

>>Also in this image appears that you are ksing, and not the sorcerer
-Explain. Aren't you this sorcerer?

#23 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

Send a ticket about this problem, this post its ilegal if you read the rules, also irowiki its not official data base, i got a gm answer long time ago when i reported a "kser" of my bloody knight: "its FFA.... deal with it" he explained me that if you cant frozt the monster, its a boss protocol monster
Also in this image appears that you are ksing, and not the sorcerer

Right.... Attacking a monster that is attacking someone else isn't KSing?

#24 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Angeling, Deviling and Arc Angeling can all spawn from Bloody Branches. The GMs wanted to add in some 'fail' BBs to balance out their value a bit. This does not mean they are MVP, but they ARE FFA since they came from Branches.

NATURAL spawned mini-bosses are not FFA. In the case of Ghostring, it is difficult to tell because of the teleporting... However, if this is happening regularly it definitely needs to stop.

Mefisto; I doubt any GM gave a response like that, but if that's what they told you it was either spawned from a branch or they were a new GM who didn't know anything. I've gotten answers about the person stealing my Valkyrie (which is about as close a Mini-boss to an MVP as you can get) kills that it's KSing and it's being dealt with (we'll see how that goes...), so I'm fairly certain a Bloody Knight would also not be FFA.

#25 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

The FFA designation does not apply to "mini-bosses" or any other type of monster. Attacking any non-FFA monsters is considered Kill Stealing, and may result in being banned. Please be careful not to attack any monsters that aren't FFA. <http://irowiki.org/w...i/Free_for_All>

case close xD

just band it a few days <.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users