150's in Orc Turnin Event? WTH? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

150's in Orc Turnin Event? WTH?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 BSandoval54

BSandoval54

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

To whom this may concern: There is exploytation of people using saved memo from priests at orc map to bring there 150 chracters to power level noobs and they are kill stealing and mobbing. Please do something it is not fare and exploytation of a bug and people doing it should be banned

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

There is used be this kind of thing with the novice training grounds and they whipped all those memos from the priest class and if you were caught with it you were perma banned.

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 June 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

It's amazing what happens when old school players come into town.

#4 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

you can't 'not' mob on that map. nothing wrong with helping others either. Also nobody was banned for warping to novice grounds, or warping people places in general (not perm anyway). Same thing with the quest map warps for nameless island trapping people there.

Edited by Hrothmund, 17 June 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

you can't 'not' mob on that map. nothing wrong with helping others either. Also nobody was banned for warping to novice grounds, or warping people places in general (not perm anyway). Same thing with the quest map warps for nameless island trapping people there.

Thats not true, a friend of mine, in 2005 I believe, got banned because he just had the memo in his list. It took tons of emails to get it unbanned.

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 June 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#6 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

As far as I remember, West Orc Village was never a memo-able map.
*EDIT* So it is. I always remembered people warping to the map east of it, by orc dungeon-- suppose there were other reasons for that.

Thanks Ren,
-Ren

Edited by Renaldoo, 17 June 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#7 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

I used to memo it for orc hero. Also, http://db.irowiki.or...fo/gef_fild14/.

#8 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

So where does it say specifically that 150 level characters aren't allowed on that map?

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

So where does it say specifically that 150 level characters aren't allowed on that map?

I actually have to agree with you, its not like you can't go to RS as a 150 if you've done the quest

Though warping to a map that is no longer accessible from a normal field map except by that NPC is in that little gray area, I don't know Posted Image

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 June 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#10 Watt

Watt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

moran

#11 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

Posted Image

Right there.

Edited by Wiggles, 17 June 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#12 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

moran

ook droyd. ur funneh!

#13 Watt

Watt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Please do not insult me with thinking i am that illiterate retard. It does look like you took some of your grammar lessons from him though "moron". Also yes lots of people are getting warp to the orc map.

#14 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

You can no longer memo the area or marriage summon. This map is considered an Event 70-99 map. Getting their by an old warp is considered a bug and Bug abuse can result in a perma ban.

Edited by Lessien, 18 June 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#15 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

so i assume you are saying that if 300 people already hop in that warp, that means those 300 people should get perma ban. i see where this is going =], just because some1 who just return to RO has a warp to the map, doesn't mean they should be banned. i dnt know about valk, but i only see 1 or 2 150's in the high orc map so far in ymir. for a huge and mobby map like those, i dnt think people would care to see 1-2 150's lvling their alts @_@

Edited by Unifan, 18 June 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#16 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

lmao... since when does Gravity perma ban?

#17 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

so i assume you are saying that if 300 people already hop in that warp, that means those 300 people should get perma ban. i see where this is going =], just because some1 who just return to RO has a warp to the map, doesn't mean they should be banned. i dnt know about valk, but i only see 1 or 2 150's in the high orc map so far in ymir. for a huge and mobby map like those, i dnt think people would care to see 1-2 150's lvling their alts @_@

especially when they take other random low level players along for the ride XD

#18 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

especially when they take other random low level players along for the ride XD

^

agree, some people are happy =3

#19 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

So as long as people help others thru their bug abuse it's ok? Good to know.

#20 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

warp portal is a bug? i thought it was a skill. good to know. having an old warp saved is not a bug, is like having an old sunglasses[1] be4 they put them in lucky boxes. so i guess back then sunglasses[1] is a bug, cuz it was impossible to obtain them and its not fair to other people that can't get them?

Edited by Unifan, 18 June 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#21 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

Please do not insult me with thinking i am that illiterate retard. It does look like you took some of your grammar lessons from him though "moron". Also yes lots of people are getting warp to the orc map.

I lol'd.

#22 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

No but exploiting something not intended IS a bug and Sorry I did go about stating it a bit roughly.

If you know you shouldn't do it. (Event States it is for 70-99 and you cannot memo the map nor marriage summon)

Then you should NOT do it. Continued abuse is what generates your ban. Not the firs time, the continued abuse.

I never said the skill is a bug I said having that warp is.

#23 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

No but exploiting something not intended IS a bug and Sorry I did go about stating it a bit roughly.

If you know you shouldn't do it. (Event States it is for 70-99 and you cannot memo the map nor marriage summon)

Then you should NOT do it. Continued abuse is what generates your ban. Not the firs time, the continued abuse.

I never said the skill is a bug I said having that warp is.

Okay, I've decided to add something useful to this discussion:

Say, for instance, I want to slave on my AB while he kills on his stalker? I shouldn't be able to because I'm above 99? It's not as if I am taking away from your leveling experience by being there. I'm not causing you harm by being there, am I?

But it's a problem when someone is killing and mobbing on a level 150? IMO, GMs messed up and made the map memo-able, why shouldn't we help people out? Technically, you can do that on any other turn in.

#24 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

I think more of the problem is they can just come along and ks a mob np. Most everyone on that map doing the quest within the the level ranges cant 1 shot a whole aoe instantly. One of the funner things i've found about this TI so far is there is no third classes allowed, so there is a lot less of the one shot aoe kill stealing.

#25 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

That I can understand. Geneticists are annoying. [: Somehow, they think because their skill is AoE that they can use that as an excuse to walk up to you, cart cannon, and be like "oops. AoE." I'm like, hi,-_-. I have a geneticist too and I never have that problem! People actually use that as an excuse. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users