150's in Orc Turnin Event? WTH? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

150's in Orc Turnin Event? WTH?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Nae the map is NOT memoable. The memos people have are from pre renewal when the map was still used/useful. As for you slaving Shinmai... Why? He would be much better off joining a party to kill fast and you should be on a character you want to level up also.

The whole point is the people that still have the memo get an unfair advantage over other players. They get to bring Warlock screen killers and Go "Cast, Kill, Gwing. rinse and repeat"

If they want to use their warlock then go level somewhere level appropriate not the "event map" for 70s-99s.

#27 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

Is it a way to do the event other than gambling, like you don't need the crown to do the turn in, just to get in? If so, nice, that's the way it should be, a shame it has to be this kind of method and not free entry like its supposed to be though. Shame 150's are going in and causing chaos though too.

#28 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

It is "Free" entry for VIP users. Non VIP is allowed in just need a +7 Ygg Crown. much better than the original idea of using a reset stone to get in for non VIP.

#29 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

I don't have nearly enough vote downs for this thread. I loved helping people do the harpy's turn in on my 150 sura. Just because some retards can't play nice on a genetic doesn't mean I can't(and won't) go to the map. If someone has a warp I'll take it there. If the GM's don't ban for more than 3 days for three different successful cheating god item creations, I got nothing to worry about to be honest. Rofl

#30 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

lmao... since when does Gravity perma ban?

since the insur ban.... o wait.... oh hohooo

Posted Image

#31 Delushunz

Delushunz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

did you ever think that the warlocks screen killing were 99 hwiz that js changed and did bulk job exp hand ins ?

#32 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

Rofl

#33 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

lvl 99 warlock uses 5k prize medal all job ^^

#34 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

Not when you ROPD him and see that hs is level 115. No it dosn't occur to me.

#35 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Not when you ROPD him and see that hs is level 115. No it dosn't occur to me.

You seem... mad.

#36 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

Someone getting banned on RO? WHERE? Cant say ive seen that in a while.

#37 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

I saw a 150 Genetic down there earlier. If you really want people out of maps that are KSing or using exploits... do what I do. Bring your legit character down there and Poly the place up. If people are exploiting it, make it hard for them to exploit bugs, etc. Besides, it makes leveling much more fun. Especially when you poly a bio 3 sniper, LK, or SinX. It drives people crazy over time but it's worth it in a sense to get the exploiters or bots off the map. :thumb: Back on loki I'd spend a few hours in a week with friends polying the Dragon Fly map bc of all the bots. Good times :blink:

#38 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

That sounds like it would be more effective at driving legit characters off the map.

#39 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

take a screenshot and posted it here...i interested to know which 150's are doing this...
:blink: :thumb: :D :D :D :Emo_20: :lamb: :lamb: :lamb:

#40 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:43 AM

That sounds like it would be more effective at driving legit characters off the map.

The goal is to drive attention to the problem. If you don't want 100+'s on there then drive them off since the GM's can't take care of it. You can't DB the map so the only other alternative solution is to take action yourself. Submitting a ticket is pointless since they'll likely respond to it at the end of the event. So what other option is there really? Make the map unusable until the GM's fix the problem. If I can I'll get a screenshot of the 150 Genetic I saw flying through the map. They're selling leeches apparently via GWing parties. This is on the Ymir server.

#41 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Nae the map is NOT memoable. The memos people have are from pre renewal when the map was still used/useful. As for you slaving Shinmai... Why? He would be much better off joining a party to kill fast and you should be on a character you want to level up also.

The whole point is the people that still have the memo get an unfair advantage over other players. They get to bring Warlock screen killers and Go "Cast, Kill, Gwing. rinse and repeat"

If they want to use their warlock then go level somewhere level appropriate not the "event map" for 70s-99s.

What I choose to do with my characters is up to me. If I want to slave him, I will. I personally don't care about having 9 level 100 third class. I would rather slave on my AB anyway. I like her more than my MEHP in terms of party priesting. Also, daniel's stalker 1-shots everything on the map. The parties we've gone with, though good, can't do that without him. It's faster for me to mob, let him BB, and move on.

#42 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

The goal is to drive attention to the problem. If you don't want 100+'s on there then drive them off since the GM's can't take care of it. You can't DB the map so the only other alternative solution is to take action yourself. Submitting a ticket is pointless since they'll likely respond to it at the end of the event. So what other option is there really? Make the map unusable until the GM's fix the problem. If I can I'll get a screenshot of the 150 Genetic I saw flying through the map. They're selling leeches apparently via GWing parties. This is on the Ymir server.

"cut off the nose to spite the face" comes to mind.

You do realise polying stuff to annoy a KS'er will probably just amuse them? since you know, your helping them to hinder other people. Its like idiots who used to use DB's to "kill bots" without stopping to conisder that they bought the DB's from bot vendors i.e. they support bots, not hinder them.

Think about it, who is going to have more trouble with poly'd mobs? the 150 sura who can 1-shot anything ingame or the party of 80ish chars playing legitly.

I dont even know why people think this is an issue, you can barely move after tele'ing on the map without getting hitlocked by stuff.

#43 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

good thing i avoid turn in maps at all costs

not worth this stupid drama

#44 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

Haven't had this issue on Ygg since it didn't exist pre renewal lol.

#45 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Hm... so what is the problem with having 150's on the map helping out friends? You are mad? Go and get a handkerchief and try to invest your wasted time QQing here and make some 150's friends too. I myself always helped out pre renewal with my 99 LK at the turn in events at Aligators. So what? Its not like its new or something and disable the normal warp to this map was one of the dumbest decision ever mad (Besides of letting ygg as a worthless, death and ressourcsucking server past renewal and not merging it...)

#46 mbisme

mbisme

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

The problem wouldn't be bad if they didn't KS at the very least. But they do.

They Gwing their whole party around and the warlock spams jack frost. Gwing Jack Frost Gwing Jack Frost on and on. They don't wait to "fully spawn" to see if they will be KSing everyone else. They don't care. And in response to everyone complaining about the issue to the 3rd class characters on the map their response was to make a party name "heim said its ok"

Thank You Heim. Although I use this event as it is meant to be used. Which is to have FUN and level up quite quickly. I have to deal with people that don't care about their fellow players and are only using the event to level at any cost.

The event clearly states it is for 70-99 level characters. This should have been enforced.

I feel more and more like I am on a private server only interested in its Item mall instead of providing the great service we got 2-7 years ago.

Another way to point out an exploit using their old warps is that a +7 ygg crown or VIP status is required to enter the map. using the warp they can bypass this road block as well. Yes I am 90% sure they already have VIP or a +7 ygg crown. The fact is they get to cheat and bypass the Event's "security" which is supposed to keep the map enjoyable.

I know people are all like go QQ moar plx. Well getting KSed is annoying, especially when done intentionally and killing our whole mob. If they didn't KS constantly no one would have been complaining about them being down there.

No they are not 3rd class 99/50 because of turnins they are all over 110. This is according to ROPD which if it was wrong in any way it would actually be in their favor of showing them lower level than they really are.

#47 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

If they didn't KS constantly no one would have been complaining about them being down there.

#48 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Make a new "terrain tag" and block all 3rd class AOE skills.

I don't mind dragging my Wanderer to the map to spam Double Strafe in the orcs. If the problem is the skills, block the skills, not the characters. So people able to use that exploit won't be able anymore, while we can help our friends to level without any restriction. If they want a challenge, they don't ask for third class help, and go alone.

I want to go there to get items, and if I can help people there, I will... I mean, yeah.

Note: If you never knew how to reach the map, you would never get a memo. Also. Few people did hope the map would come back.

Also. If third class skills get blocked, they don't even need to ban the great flywings, because all the fast AOE strikes [whose KS everyone] come from third class skills.

#49 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

Policy on Exploiting or Using Bugs in Ragnarok

Gravity Interactive does not allow the use of any bug or exploits. The use or exploiting of bugs may lead to an account suspension which maybe temporary or permanent. Repeated or serious violations may result in the permanent removal of account and game account.

Our primary objective is the ensure that there is a fair and fun environment to play our games, by exploiting or using any bug you are not playing fair and are altering the game play for which is intended.

If you feel that another play maybe exploiting or using a bug and taking advantage of that bug then we ask that you contact our support team by submitting a ticket with any proof you can provide as well as the assumed offending character name.

If you have found a bug while playing you can notify our support team by Submitting a Ticket. Please be as detailed including all details about the situation in which the bug occurred.

Just report them and submit a ticket...and make sure to include a screen shot..

#50 valarauko

valarauko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

"cut off the nose to spite the face" comes to mind.

You do realise polying stuff to annoy a KS'er will probably just amuse them? since you know, your helping them to hinder other people. Its like idiots who used to use DB's to "kill bots" without stopping to conisder that they bought the DB's from bot vendors i.e. they support bots, not hinder them.

Think about it, who is going to have more trouble with poly'd mobs? the 150 sura who can 1-shot anything ingame or the party of 80ish chars playing legitly.

I dont even know why people think this is an issue, you can barely move after tele'ing on the map without getting hitlocked by stuff.

If it gets bad enough a GM can come clean the map out. :blink: And... How is polying like buying a DB from someone who used Bots to get DB's? I got my card from a hylozoist way before renewal. I don't see many people hunting them these days. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users