29 replies to this topic

#1 SleepingPanda

SleepingPanda

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Hi. I'm relatively new to these forums after some inactivity (but I'm very well acquainted with ROSE Online [playing since iRose]) and I've come to notice that the quality of service in regards to active GMs have dropped dramatically since this whole "warp portal" thing. My major and most obvious gripe being the allowed propagation of spam botters in all the major cities. I'm sure everyone who plays frequently would agree with me on that point. My question is: Why is nothing being done about it? Considering the sizable income you've been receiving from the Item Mall, I'm sure it's not because you can't afford to. So please, dear GMs, alleviate my ignorance.

#2 ZiggyJoe

ZiggyJoe

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:39 AM

Ah yeh they are really getting on my nerves after some time in Junon.

#3 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a money issue. Hiring a new GM to ban botters costs money, so Gravity might not be in favor of that since it doesn't prevent us from playing. However, I wish they did something about it, it's so annoying.

See this topic for more info: http://forums.warppo...ck-therein-of/.

Edited by Zayin, 18 June 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#4 SleepingPanda

SleepingPanda

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a money issue. Hiring a new GM to ban botters costs money, so Gravity might not be in favor of that since it doesn't prevent us from playing. However, I wish they did something about it, it's so annoying.

Seriously? Actively banning them would be equal to saving money since they wont be losing that income to the spammers and zulie sellers. The same bot has been spamming in Junon for DAYS on end with nothing being done about it. It's so lame that we can't even have a decent conversation in Junon without being bothered by it. It's beyond annoying! I honestly can't believe it.

#5 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

You can use the /ignore nameOfPlayer function to block the botter from your chat window :blink:. Still, have a look at this post:

If my team had infinite resources, you can bet that I would have a GM in all of our games at all times, doing nothing but patrolling towns for shouters, watching for inappropriate behavior, and helping users. It is the dream of a person in my position to see that as a reality. However, right now, that is not quite possible.

When I look at the resources of my team, and where to allocate them, I put myself in a user's position. How frustrated is a user who encounters a spammer? Quite frustrated. It is not a fun thing to watch the chat spammed to a point where you cannot use it yourself. However, compare that frustration to a user who cannot even log in. Who do you think is more frustrated? The person who sees the spam can at least leave that map, but the person who cannot log in does not even have that option.

It is for this reason that my team is primarily working on tickets, in order to assist users who are having troubles getting into the game or who are caught up in issues preventing them from playing. We do respond to and resolve the reports submitted via the ticket system, but we are unable to allocate the amount of time necessary to keep the map as clear as we would like.

Now, just because this is the way it is now does not mean it will stay like this. My team is working on constantly adjusting our policies, methods, and procedures in order to increase ticket resolution. We are doing this so that we can get the ticket queue to a place we are comfortable with, allowing us to focus more resources in game. These changes are constant, and finding the changes that work is a constant struggle, but we are more than willing to take on the challenge.

I can assure you, the GM team is here, and we do want to help our customers. Sometimes we have to make tough choices with our resource allocation, but we are constantly working to increase efficiency in order to assist our user base in a more expeditious and effective manner. I do appreciate the patience that everyone has when it comes to spammers. Just know that we are not sitting idle regarding this or any of the other issues reported to us.

Also, just as a note, we do ban by IP, but they are more persistent than you would think.

Edited by Zayin, 18 June 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#6 SleepingPanda

SleepingPanda

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

You can use the /ignore nameOfPlayer function to block the botter from your chat window :blink:. Still, have a look at this post:

Thanks. I think that CM post is a load of BS as it won't take more than a min to ban a spammer. Sigh, you're telling me there are private servers with better resources than Official servers? Beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Edited by SleepingPanda, 18 June 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#7 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Thanks. I think that CM post is a load of BS as it won't take more than a min to ban a spammer. Sigh, you're telling me there are private servers with better resources than Official servers? Beggars can't be choosers, eh?

I agree with you, I came from a private server too. The difference is that private servers are held by volunteers who enjoy investing their time into their server. I wish it was the other way around...

#8 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

the CM in that quote from Zayin is one of the GMs i know for a fact that if they could be in game banning they would, but with the Tickets and exploits and bugs they just dont have enough people to do it all. i know very recently the GM team did a very wonderful job at getting an exploit as they called it fixed it took a few days but in the end everyone was happy that it was fixed, so they are doing their jobs all you have to do is report the spammers to the ticket system and they will eventually go away as the team gets to that ticket.

Ticket there might be a delay in the sending but its only on your side the ticket will go through and they will get it, but it might take some time to get to it.

#9 Kamikao

Kamikao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGda, PL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ok. from my opinion:

1) it's not normal to NOT have any active GM in game
2) how can GM's on official/global server allow to increase the population of bots like it is on iRO

3) I think that those 2 above are one of their priors!!!

P.S.

I know that repairing bugs/exploits and so is important but also is keeping "game world" clean of bots.

P.S.2

How many GM's iRO has?

Edited by Kamikao, 19 June 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#10 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Ok. from my opinion:

2) how can GM's on official/global server allow to increase the population of bots like it is on iRO

P.S.

I know that repairing bugs/exploits and so is important but also is keeping "game world" clean of bots.

P.S.2

How many GM's iRO has?

Firstly you are entiltled to your own opinion, and no I'm not a "prior" to anyone I simply help those that need it when it's within my ability to do so, as Corvus said who's more unhappy The one in game with the ability to ignore (as the /ignore function properly works now) or the one who can't get in game at all? I know for a fact they do ban spammers all you have to do is send a ticket and they will EVENTUALY get to it no one ever said they were fast at figuring out tickets but they do work on it, look at problems on the forums (answer if they have to), and do actually go in game when they need to (hint for ya they can be invisible in game) just cause you don't see them doesn't mean one or two isn't in game. (and it seems there are more GMs then I originally thought for rose though I think they all have access to every game).

You would have to ask someone from IRO how many GMs they have.

#11 Kamikao

Kamikao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGda, PL

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

(as the /ignore function properly works now)

For me it's not working..does it mean that this is only a VIP option? I get "invalid command" reply.

ex. /ignore r4ytrt <- this doesn't work or I typed something wrong?

I know for a fact they do ban spammers all you have to do is send a ticket and they will EVENTUALY get to it no one ever said they were fast at figuring out tickets but they do work on it, look at problems on the forums (answer if they have to), and do actually go in game when they need to (hint for ya they can be invisible in game) just cause you don't see them doesn't mean one or two isn't in game.

What's curious for me is the fact, that even when they're invincible in game they don't do anything with the spammers.
I'm seeing one spammer for 5 days...the same one!! Or maybe GM's accept this kind of fact, maybe they don't see anything bad in booters or spammers?

I don't want to spam them with the same ticket for all the time, if they don't do anyting with the problem from almost a month or even more...

#12 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

For the /ignore function I'll provide an example just incase yours showed differently here then how you typed it.
On the all chat tab (or just backspace till it's blank)
/ignore Zurn
(/ignore_Zurn[ _ is a space]) If that doesn't work for ROSE then it's possible your client maybe corrupt which is easily fixed by reinstalling or downloading GenPatch (found in the creative contraptions section).

As for the GMs just cause they are on doesn't mean they are in a map with a spammer, or it's possible they are just afk doing other things like looking at the tickets or helping someone on the forums, as for the tickets I'm not sure if Corvus likes getting that type of ticket reported but you can send him a PM with the ticket number and he can handle it. The thing with the spammers (as said in iRO community Chat) they will just make a new account when banned and with the IP address ban it just takes them a little dedication of time to change that (and for people who actually play the game that might be in the same house or area with the same IP address they get banned for nothing then.)

#13 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Ok. from my opinion:

P.S.

P.S.2

How many GM's iRO has?

I'm not a prior either, I'm new to this forum :blink:. Like Zurn, I simply like helping people.

For the /ignore function I'll provide an example just incase yours showed differently here then how you typed it.
On the all chat tab (or just backspace till it's blank)
/ignore Zurn
(/ignore_Zurn[ _ is a space]) If that doesn't work for ROSE then it's possible your client maybe corrupt which is easily fixed by reinstalling or downloading GenPatch (found in the creative contraptions section).

As for the GMs just cause they are on doesn't mean they are in a map with a spammer, or it's possible they are just afk doing other things like looking at the tickets or helping someone on the forums, as for the tickets I'm not sure if Corvus likes getting that type of ticket reported but you can send him a PM with the ticket number and he can handle it. The thing with the spammers (as said in iRO community Chat) they will just make a new account when banned and with the IP address ban it just takes them a little dedication of time to change that (and for people who actually play the game that might be in the same house or area with the same IP address they get banned for nothing then.)

You are right, but I still think it's a shame that the same botters stay online for days. I don't think it would require that much GM work to have one client open in Junon to check for zuly sellers periodically (reading a ticket about it takes more time!). Anyhow, the staff is aware of the problem, so not much can be done from our side.

Edited by Zayin, 19 June 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#14 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

I do agree it is slower but it's how they chose to do it and not much we say will change it, You could try whispering the GMs by typing "GM***** "CM***** ( * needs replaced with the name) for the bots, not sure you'll find one though I'd say at least give the area cords or npc close by.

#15 Kamikao

Kamikao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGda, PL

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

Ok, I think that you don't play Ragnarok but when you enter Prontera(main town) at the entrance you got like 3-5 zeny spammers and in the whole town you have like 20+ gold spammers...and that's what make me curious, because they are VERY visible, even when you don't want to see them. :/

Edited by Kamikao, 20 June 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#16 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

Ok, I think that you don't play Ragnarok but when you enter Prontera(main town) at the entrance you got like 3-5 zeny spammers and in the whole town you have like 20+ gold spammers...and that's what make me curious, because they are VERY visible, even when you don't want to see them. :/

I don't play ragnarok (did play it for like an hour or so once but didn't really go to far), this is the rose section after all...
And they had something like /nomesstalk(2) or something for commands and rightclick some command but someone said it resets after you log out.

Edited by Zurn, 20 June 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#17 Kamikao

Kamikao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGda, PL

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

OK, so my mistake for posting in wrong forum folder ^^' but as I see it's the same problems for all games lead by Warpportal...

And as long as they don't try to do something with the botter they're going to be blamed again and again for not doing nothing, even when maybe they DO something.

In my opinion: GM's needs to rethink they actions for the sake of the games, servers and community.

#18 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

its kinda like this if its F2P there is most likely going to be spammers (unless they really get on them), if its P2P what spammer wants to potentially lose money paying for spamming without a reasonable profit margin?

#19 Kamikao

Kamikao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGda, PL

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

F2P or P2P for me there shouldn't be any differences.

F2P servers always got Item Shops(IS) from which they gain a profit almost always better than from P2P without IS.

Both kind of server have staff's which should take care about the game, so my question: If it's their JOB to keep the server in good condition with a nice community, so why they don't do it? Maybe they need to get cuts 'cause of not not doing their job correctly!?!

I know it's harsh but that's how adults world looks like, "You don't do what you must do, so you get f**ked!". Brutal, but true.

Edited by Kamikao, 20 June 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#20 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

it is true in the "real world" that when you dont do your job you get into trouble, but since they are doing their job which includes looking at tickets, monitoring the forums (to a degree) and the various games they provide us with its just time consuming in the end to read two things then look through the servers and ban someone (just my opinion) then you have people on here that PM the GM/CM team and that takes more time, i talked to Corvus today and he was cleaning out his mailbox on here god only knows how many people sent him stuff along with the other GM/CMs but to investigate everything reported and then check again if someone else sent the same thing cant be a fast or easy process for anyone.

not saying what you said is wrong or anything of the sort just stating my logic as to why they would not be in game at all times banning and monitoring everything we do, id think some people would be glad for the slight privacy they allow us at the expense of a few spammers (which seems at least in this game can be ignored).

#21 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I do agree it is slower but it's how they chose to do it and not much we say will change it, You could try whispering the GMs by typing "GM***** "CM***** ( * needs replaced with the name) for the bots, not sure you'll find one though I'd say at least give the area cords or npc close by.

No need to send that info, the name is enough. There is a GM command "/move nameOfPlayer" that will teleport the GM char to the player :o.

#22 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

And you've tried this on this server already?

#23 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

And you've tried this on this server already?

Yes, with my secretly hacked Gm character! :P Neah, seriously I onced had a GM character on a test server and had some fun with the commands :o.

#24 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

And your sure all servers have the commands? If so we could all have GMs poping back and forth through maps and I doubt they would like that or allow it.

#25 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

And your sure all servers have the commands? If so we could all have GMs poping back and forth through maps and I doubt they would like that or allow it.

I'm pretty sure all servers have this command as it has been implemented into iRose. I don't see why it would have been removed in Rose Evo. There's another command named "/call" which can teleport players to the GM as well :o.

GMs are probably teleporting through maps already. They have an invisible function as well so you wouldn't see them. Why are you saying they wouldn't like that or allow it? GMs = Game Masters which are Gravity employees (I think you know that, but just in case), so they can do whatever they want (to a certain extent).

Edited by Zayin, 20 June 2011 - 07:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users