lol Buff Wanderer - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

lol Buff Wanderer

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

+1 but I only agree because of songs. If you get a weapon like that then maestros should too. :blink: Honestly .. I don't see how Green Whistle is gonna help the great echo tree for maestros. The only weapon that would aid metallic sound/reb. damage is is a bow .... imagine that.

Mystic Bow

ATK: 75
Weapon Level: 3
Attribute: Neutral
Class: Bow
Reduces the SP cost of Severe Rainstorm by 10 sp.
INT + 4, MATK + 100.

The reliance on bows is just stupid. :/

I AGREE!!!

Also: MATK + 100 << this is so retarded... severe rainstorm uses ATK... seriously, what skill uses MATK when using a bow?

#27 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

-Reverberation gains additional effect: cause an AoE pulse of last played song

That's an interesting concept. I don't know if I'd want that on my Maestro though. I'd hate to give the enemy Strings :blink:

Here's my true wish list for Reverberation and Dominion Impulse, in order of importance:
  • Remove the split damage effect of Reverberation. Korea saw how bad Throw Huuma Shuriken was with split damage and fixed this with Renewal. They need to do the same with Reverberation.
  • Increase Reverberation's activation range to 3x3 instead of 1 cell.
  • Increase Reverberation's AoE to 5x5 up from 3x3.
  • Allow Reverberation to pass on status effects of the performers weapon (i.e. 1 Magnolia card gives a 5% chance to curse all targets hit by the skill).
  • If activated by Dominion Impulse, Reverberations range should increase to 9x9.
They are already moving in the right direction by allowing unlimited Reverberations

#28 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

+1 but I only agree because of songs. If you get a weapon like that then maestros should too. :blink: Honestly .. I don't see how Green Whistle is gonna help the great echo tree for maestros. The only weapon that would aid metallic sound/reb. damage is is a bow .... imagine that.

Really?

Bazerald even gives more magic attack than that bow. In all the cases, if I changed build to wear a dagger, I would get one Ice Pick and spam Reverberation or Great Echo.

Glorious Gladius anyone?

And for reverberation: It could be nice if it had the 1.5x effect on DSL targets, and it also could cancel all performer songs with damage.

Great Echo could give one effect, after damage, to make people deaf, I mean, unable to receive performer song buffs and debuffs [Even Bard/Dancer/Minstrel/Gypsy] for one minute [Immunity to Deep Sleep / Siren's Voice anyone?]

... Or maybe, during this minute, "freeze" all the buffs, so they can't neither get more, nor get rid of that they had. CP out of the AOE anyone? The new Oblivion Curse

Edited by asayuu, 19 June 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#29 Yenii

Yenii

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Was thinking in terms of bow/instrument/whip weapons to couple with the atk portion of reverberation. but yea, sure .. bazerald too if that makes you happy.

Edited by Yenii, 19 June 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Other classes people talk about how it is unacceptable for the class to have a # of skills that are essentially worthless with no reason to get. Why should performers be an exception? So what if they have support abilities? Even Sura has support buff abilities. Just about every class has a disable on par with DSL in terms of hindering players from participating in a fight, being it locking the ability to even cast skills, making skills uncastable due to fixed cast time, causing flinch effects over time to break casts, or literally rooting people in place indefinitely with AoE skills like cursed circle and manhole.

Performers have five offensive skills and SR is the only useable one. That sounds to me like 4 of them need to be corrected to have some function, be it PVM, or otherwise.

Also even bard/dancer were not full support characters. They had double strafe, sling arrow/melody strike, arrow vulcan, essentially 'medium' level offensive abilities to go with their 'medium' level support ability. Alchemist was more of a support character than performers pre-trans, with mammonite, acid terror, and plants having lower DPS in both PVP and PVM than Double Strafe. Really right now, Genetic is where performer should be, a sort of half and half class. Genetic has the ability to kill people but not in a top-tier way, with Hell Plant. I don't think 6 vs 1 (5 performer and a priest) being able to kill someone with Great echo is out of the question. If you do I would be DAMN CURIOUS why you think 6 vs 1 shouldn't be able to kill the 1, even if they aren't full dps classes.

I posted this on iRoWiki today, its basically my rebuttal to people saying wanderer's damage skills don't need a buff, that they are a support class.

In this post above I am supporting Great Echo being about 2000% * # of performers (choruses cap at 5 performers) with the ability to do about 32k in WoE with 5 performers, totalling 64 with lex aeterna, and even higher with Deep Sleep, enabling you to finally kill people with great echo.

Edited by Jaye, 19 June 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#31 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

The difference from ATK to MATK is very absurd.

I mean. If we used the magic attack formula from pre-renewal, I could deal near to 8k in the magic reverberation damage [I should not talk about private servers, but RMS has third class skills on pre-renewal settings, it's always possible to compare power there] and hit something like 10-12k on Metallic Sound without Moonlight.

So, instead of wearing one powerful magic attack weapon [for Reverberation] wear one powerful physical attack weapon.

In this post above I am supporting Great Echo being about 2000% * # of performers (choruses cap at 5 performers) with the ability to do about 32k in WoE with 5 performers, totalling 64 with lex aeterna, and even higher with Deep Sleep, enabling you to finally kill people with great echo.

Actually, I believe it does not need to go so higher like that. But yes. At least 1000 * people. Mainly because Great Echo can be chained [One cast for each performer].

But in all the cases. There are just one stupid thing about Great Echo. And now I will require a list. How many attack skills have 10 seconds cooldown? And how many power does these skills have?

#32 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

I haven't tested Great Echo's cooldown, I thought it was every player that lost SP got the cooldown? Even so, the damage rate still needs to be much higher even if all 5 peformer can take turns casting great echo (seeing as how people can pot between attacks), so it would need to be a significant amount of HP, like 3/4 their HP minimum with lex for the next 2-3 attacks to finish them off. Would be ridiculous if 6 performers taking turns casting great echo with a priest lexing could not kill a rune knight. That would be the epitome of everything that was wrong with our woe system, 6 vs 1 and the 1 being unkillable.

Edited by Jaye, 20 June 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#33 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Test it with any chorus you have. Get another performer with the same skill and check if he/she can use the same song while you are in the cooldown. I'm totally driving my gypsies to suicide when [I mean if] my guild goes to WOE with some secret chorus that only performers know.

I don't remember if it works or not [I just have Dance with Wargs, noob wanderer job 24 D:], because I just used my chorus two times [After reset, I had Sinking and Mana].

Yes, it's hard to find wanderers even in turnin parties / ET, so I could not really test that.

#34 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

Something that annoys me is most of the upcoming balance changes from april and may on kRO seem to nerf performer rather than buff them.

The way choruses are split into 2 groups, its now like, you can't overwrite your allies' deep sleep lullaby with the popular choruses like windmill and swing dance, now you have to use crummy ones like song of mana.

Seems as though SR's cast delay was lengthened as well. Gloomy was definitely nerfed. Deep Sleep is way easier to remove, harder to inflict, can be resisted by stats, etc. Siren's success rate appears to have been lowered.

The positive changes the class got were all minor (range increases on choruses, small increase in sp restored by song of mana, etc. The only powerful upgrade was to swing dance which appears to move people straight to 190+ aspd, which as was previously noted, is probably a bug.

Kinda sad that the weakest class gets nerfs during the april balance patch and all the other mediocre classes got massive buffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users