26 replies to this topic

#1 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

Since the main problem for a lot of skill issues is how easily they can be abused given the fact that there are WAY too many SP items in RO...
What would a special WoE be like that had all SP recovery items disabled?

Players would actually have to use skills wisely and only in the right situations. This also puts more reliance on support classes. In essence, a WoE without SP recovery items would create a tactical environment where strategy would play a much bigger role. Where skill conservation is more important than skill spam.

I say it would be neat to have just 1 special event-type WoE that has all SP recovery items disabled, just to see if and how class balance is effected.
What is everyone's thoughts on this?

:blink:

Edited by Caelum, 19 June 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

3 Genetics cast mandragora howl. The entire enemy force is completely drained of sp. Genetics win.

#3 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Or do like Viri said and make Mandragora a ground target skill so that it cannot be portal cast...

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Make ALL skills ground target and eliminate portal casting entirely. No more portal Stasis, Howling, Recall...

#5 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

How about no hp and sp consumables at all.

#6 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

well tbh i think taking healing items for hp and sp would be kind of dumb, but why not make potions like potions of most mmo's where they heal a certain % and there is a cool down. That way people cant just spam them constantly and make it whoever has the most potions (or ales) wins.

#7 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

At least stasis affects everyone, even the caster. It makes it an all or nothing skill, which forces it to be used strategically. Maybe howling should be treated the same.

#8 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

At least stasis affects everyone, even the caster. It makes it an all or nothing skill, which forces it to be used strategically. Maybe howling should be treated the same.

That makes no sense if the warlock enter in the room first and disable a full guild of using skills, if ever woe you will know what are we trying to say, also the no sp items is dumb, Genetics will drain half of your sp with a really high chance, having 3 gens = 0 sp and you are dead, Shane was right.
I think there should be limitations on the carry of specific items, for example max amount of ales able to carry 10 ea, just like Runes, that would solve the crazy sick amount of usable items in WoE.

#9 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Item limits for certain items could be cool. I agree.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

True... then again, there's an easy way to get yourself able to cast again after casting Stasis.

#11 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

I hope the SP recovering skills don't get blocked.

In all the cases, Aid Blue Potion. A counter for one Genetic is another Genetic.

This WOE should be made in one special castle, and only run for one week [So people can get the treasures for one week, then it's over]

The problem of item limit is. It won't affect people already with the items.

In this case, Sakray is always there for testing of stuff.

#12 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

It would be an interesting fight for sure, it would feel like a tournament style woe.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Not to mention Tiger Cannon and Soul Siphon/Exhale...

#14 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Not to mention Tiger Cannon and Soul Siphon/Exhale...

Tigger Cannon is actually the most dangerous, when a sura use it drain 100% of my sp with 100% of chance sucess, soul siphon got 70% chance of sucess and if fail, the sorc will lose his sp, but that is the point on those skills, Tigger canon can be abused considering it deal a high amount of damage too.

Edited by FiskBlack, 19 June 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#15 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

That makes no sense if the warlock enter in the room first and disable a full guild of using skills, if ever woe you will know what are we trying to say, also the no sp items is dumb, Genetics will drain half of your sp with a really high chance, having 3 gens = 0 sp and you are dead, Shane was right.
I think there should be limitations on the carry of specific items, for example max amount of ales able to carry 10 ea, just like Runes, that would solve the crazy sick amount of usable items in WoE.

First, that was one hell of a run-on sentence. Punctuation helps to portray your thoughts, and for others to take you seriously.
Second, Stasis doesn't block every skill, just a select list of skills. Howling can be argued to be just as devastating as Stasis to a guild, given its compounded effect.
Third, a much better solution would be to have all recovery items deal with %, and add a cool down timer for each one (varying on %).

#16 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Not sure about disabling but adding a proper cooldown could be good

#17 Estancia

Estancia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Let's do Ymir server vs. Valkyrie Server!

#18 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

First, that was one hell of a run-on sentence. Punctuation helps to portray your thoughts, and for others to take you seriously.
Second, Stasis doesn't block every skill, just a select list of skills. Howling can be argued to be just as devastating as Stasis to a guild, given its compounded effect.
Third, a much better solution would be to have all recovery items deal with %, and add a cool down timer for each one (varying on %).

But that is actually the point of that kind of healing items. Stasis is rarely used on WoE but when you know how to use it, can be one of the most useful skills in WoE.
That is also a good solution for some items, the cool down would be good, but players can switch items if is not global delay, there should be limitations on the amount of healing items you can carry. That would be more effective for those classes with Tao gunka or high amount of HP.

Edited by Mefistofeles, 19 June 2011 - 02:38 PM.

#19 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Tigger Cannon is actually the most dangerous, when a sura use it drain 100% of my sp with 100% of chance sucess, soul siphon got 70% chance of sucess and if fail, the sorc will lose his sp, but that is the point on those skills, Tigger canon can be abused considering it deal a high amount of damage too.

Well even if you failed with Siphon, you would still do offensive Soul Exhale to drain their sp anyways. This is where you can continuously drain people's sp by simply using Soul Exhale if your sp remains low enough. Even faster if you do it in strings.

#20 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

i dunno about this, i specifically hunted 30k ales on that event. Not sure what other people are doing and complaining about. Not our fault you were lazy.

#21 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

A 5 Second CD On instant heal items like ales, berries etc. should fix it imo :blink:

#22 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

well tbh i think taking healing items for hp and sp would be kind of dumb, but why not make potions like potions of most mmo's where they heal a certain % and there is a cool down. That way people cant just spam them constantly and make it whoever has the most potions (or ales) wins.

then it wouldnt be RO if you couldnt spam potions.

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

Make ALL skills ground target and eliminate portal casting entirely. No more portal Stasis, Howling, Recall...

I wouldn't want to point it out but... you may still be able to portal cast skills even if they are ground targeted, through more illegal means (I remember prerenewal ME being portal cast...). So, making certain skills ground targetted doesn't fix portal casting.

In the other hand, if the cells of the portal were given the ability to block casting (for example, if portals counted as classical pluck, or if it is too hard, if there could be an npc playing classical pluck out of map so the portals were covered by it), then that would stop portal casting. Portal casting comes from the server thinking you are standing on the previous room cells where the portal is, so if those cells were blocked, portal casting wouldn't exist.

#24 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Sry but I dun understand this concept of portal casting

#25 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

i dunno about this, i specifically hunted 30k ales on that event. Not sure what other people are doing and complaining about. Not our fault you were lazy.

lolwut? I have 25k ales sitting in storage I haven't touched since the event :blink:

This is not a suggestion to make a permanent change to anything...just a 'for-fun' event. RO is an absolute mess right now, to a point where many people don't even consider it worth playing anymore. It is going to be ages until we get any sort of extreme fixes for skills, seeing how it takes forever for changes to move from testing to kRO mains.

The idea is simply something to "try" and see what happens. Trial and error is how testing is done in games. But you can't get to error without the trial first :thumb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users