Turn in event feedback - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Turn in event feedback

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

So far

HO Turn in
  • It's solid, spawns are very good.
  • It feels like the old times of orc slaying on a old school map.
  • The intention to restrict it to players in the level range so it doesn't turn into a 'follow the 3rd class while he one shots everything' is good.
RS Turn in
  • It's ok but spawns could be higher to be comparable to HOs numbers.
  • You can however do all 4 quests and turn in w/bm but it takes too long.
Some stuff to consider improving:
  • Go back to monsters giving 0 exp, it was a good thing that you did in the past to prevent killers getting more exp or soloing.
  • Double or triple the monsters HP (and their atk too maybe) to encourage more partying even more at the exchange of more exp on the turn ins.
  • These events should be done on copy maps that can't be memo/BB/DB to make sure only people in the level range goes in there.
  • Disable gwings? it was proposed and I have seen ksers still abusing them.

#2 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

HO Turn In is fast exp/15-20mins

The only thing I want changed is the restriction because not evryone has the $$/Zeny to upgrade or the Zeny for the Reset Stone (not everyone spends $$ on this game).

It sad that guildees/friends can't join you. :blink: sad...really sad

#3 bitbucket

bitbucket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Ironic that people are complaining about too few mobs in Rachel. Silly Ymir.

On Yggdrasil, I'd say most of the 105-130 player base is either clinging to magmarings (and likely botting), or they're not actively leveling anymore. There's no parties at the Rachel turn-in at all. The whole time I was down there trying it out, I only saw one rune knight and one sorcerer both trying to solo and strugging at that.

#4 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

RS isnt to bad, problem is finding a party on ymir lol.

#5 BekiLL

BekiLL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Rachel is slower than soloing for any decent class so its just not worth the effort.

#6 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Rachel is not okay, the exp is just horrible, as the guy said up here, none is there considering soloing is faster.
Buff turning exp please, and 3x respawn!
Disable gwings if it's possible, this will prevent ksing and more camping.

#7 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

RS isnt to bad, problem is finding a party on ymir lol.

^ This, but an exp buff would be nice.

The exp from Orcs is great on lower level trans, not higher, from what I've experienced, and it's awesome for non-trans, but soloing Orcs is horrible on Ymir; KSing jerks all around. I understand there are accidents, but I've had problems with people intentionally KSing me, even knowing I wasn't in their party. And this happens more often than not for me. Could just be my luck though.

#8 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Orcs turnin is great on Valkyrie, parties all the time.

But Rachel... It's horrible. Even on Valkyrie, is hard to party. My parties on rachel: Me, a RK and one AB. We are long time [hehe] friends.

You don't know what means that "forbidden to non-vip" makes in the enjoyment of the game. Most people I like to play can't pay for the game.

In the other side, the anniversary quest was great. I made it with my [non-vip] friends, and it was totally perfect.

And if people say Abyss 3 event was one success, I will tell why on another post.

#9 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Turn in suck... u have to pay to Turn IN..maybe just make the HAT give bonus Benefit at +5 ?

+7 seen to be harsh for non KP Player...if u don't have the money to safely +7 it with Hat recycle ur screw. Since gravity dont value non KP spender to play this game...( and i though Anniversary event was suppose to be fun...i guess money is more important than making the game fun for alll.. :o

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Take out the turn ins. Its better to get Pirate Bandana exp with full monster exp and 2x spawn. Don't have to slow down and turn in either.

#11 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

clever move on those reset stones. i bet this will be the norm from now on.

i dont blame iro for doing this. if they cannot get money from freeloaders, they make sure that somebody else will (indirectly) pay for you.

#12 Erekes

Erekes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

clever move on those reset stones. i bet this will be the norm from now on.

i dont blame iro for doing this. if they cannot get money from freeloaders, they make sure that somebody else will (indirectly) pay for you.

For some maybe, but I certainly am not going to spend money (real or fake) just to be able to participate in a turn in event. Especially since its an anniversary event! This coming from someone who enjoys TI events(except, of course, for the ksing, griefing, drama, etc but who actually enjoys those except for the ones that do it?)because its one of those rare times people actually come together to form large parties in order to level.

#13 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

So far

HO Turn in

• It's solid, spawns are very good.
  • It feels like the old times of orc slaying on a old school map.
  • The intention to restrict it to players in the level range so it doesn't turn into a 'follow the 3rd class while he one shots everything' is good.
RS Turn in
  • It's ok but spawns could be higher to be comparable to HOs numbers. horrible.
  • You can however do all 4 quests and turn in w/bm but it takes too long. who cares? takes an hour just to kill vanberk and issila.
Some stuff to consider improving:
  • Go back to monsters giving 0 exp100% exp, it was a good thing that you did in the past to prevent killers getting more exp or soloing. make hat give 40% increase to exp
  • Double or quadruple or triple the monsters spawn and 2x exp gained per ti or 3xHP (and their atk too maybe) to encourage more partying even more at the exchange of more exp on the turn ins.
  • These events should be done on copy maps that can't be memo/BB/DB to make sure only people in the level range goes in there. - disallow anyone with poly clip or azoth entrance to dungeons, disable use of kafra card.
  • Disable gwings? it was proposed and I have seen ksers still abusing them. Make ks'ing with constant reporting a bannable offence. once or twice happens... constant is BS.

the

#14 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

Just my two cents but here is my suggestion thus far.

The Rachel Sanctuary level 1 and 2 spawns are pretty much like what I would expect the map to spawn normally. With the increased crowds drawn to TI events it's almost like any spawn changes seem nonexistent. 3x the spawn and make sure there are no delayed spawns. All spawning monsters should be instant if they aren't already.

Now let's deal with Rachel 3. /swt Having the Hodremlin turnin is nice addition but that's about all it is. You get the potential of staying at lvl 1 and keeping all 3 turnins active at once for Isilla, Vanberk, and Hodremlins and can work on them all at once. But that's about all it's good for. I went to level 3 to try it out as opposed to battling with the KS Kommittee that rules all TI events with an iron fist (gwing).

Level 3 has a natural spawn of 60 as per Doddler's RODE. So with this event that would equal to a measly 120 on a rather large map. There are 248 eligible quest monsters spawned on level 1. This is a HUGE deterrent to even attempt a harder map as the monsters are harder to deal with. Seekers zap your SP with Mental Breaker and also dispel spam. Hodremlins also divest armor >.> (evenso if you are not wearing armor). If the spawn of all monsters on these maps were doubled then that means you have to battle 80 seekers for a potential 120 hodremlins, not worth the hassle if every mob comes with seekers and the mobs are even worse far and few in between.

Now top ALL of that off with the fact that the 200 hodremlin turnin is less than doing either Isilla or Vanberk and you see how useless it is to level on Rachel 3. The spawn of hodremlins isn't near fast enough to compete with the 1st level of the dungeon. Also being on level 3 limits the player to only completing one TI at a time.

TLDR: Rachel 3 has terrible spawns, low exp, harder monsters, no reward. Fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users