Increase Seal2 to 200 during Anny - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Increase Seal2 to 200 during Anny

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Dear GM,

wouldn't it be nice to increase the Maximum Player for Seal 2 to 200? I think it is doable to edit the Script and we all would love to make Seal2.
By the way, if you allow more people to roll it at once this will also mean more Reset Stones will be bought from YOUR Cash Shop.

I can only speak for myself now, but everytime I want to make the Seal2 quest its closed. I am more than willing to spend a lot of $$ for some R.Stones and I am also sure
that a lot more people are willing to do the same.

So why dont you increase it during the Annyversary as a special ,,thank you for 8th years of love", after the events you can change it bck to max. 50 or just forget *caught* to set it back :blink:?

If you like this idea, just +1 me or -1 me if you dont (Remember: Everytime you -1 me, god kills an Poring! Think of the Porings!!!)

#2 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Or just put in a cool down or something. My friend was running his characters through seal 2 yesterday and he said he saw the same person running through it 4 times during the short span it was open. =\

#3 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

Dont put an CoolDown on it srsly. It will only punish the people that are investing Zeny/ $ with reset stones (Decrease Gravity's incoming isnt smart) or the ones that invested the time to create (and payed for) 3 accounts with Warp Slaves on it for faster movement and roll in time.

Increasing the maximum amount of players needed to close it will be the best option for everybody (Increasing Gravity's Incoming, making People having some fun^^ + slows down the God Item creation ect.)

#4 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

4? I've seen people do it like 15 times on Valk xD

I find this Seal2 business ridiculous.
It gives insane exp, while every other quest in the game totally sucks, compared to this one giving basically no exp and taking like 10 times as long to do. Not to mention they are not repeatable via your wallet.

They should make the regular quests actually worth considering, not give us an option to 150 with cash.Posted Image

#5 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

4? I've seen people do it like 15 times on Valk xD

I find this Seal2 business ridiculous.
It gives insane exp, while every other quest in the game totally sucks, compared to this one giving basically no exp and taking like 10 times as long to do. Not to mention they are not repeatable via your wallet.

They should make the regular quests actually worth considering, not give us an option to 150 with cash.Posted Image

I couldn't agree more with you about the questexp thing... srsly..

Please +1 me on my suggestions regarding this problem on my topic Make Quest worth the time again!.

Edited by Juno, 19 June 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#6 Nomad4Lyfe

Nomad4Lyfe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

I really want them to make the other quests useful again xpwise... I remember I used to do the rachel sanct quest on my 1st job characters who were halfway to job 49 to get that last job and a half. Most of the quests had their xp rewards cut by around 90%. Its lame.

#7 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

The solution isn't increasing the amount of people that can do it, but rather making other quests worth it (or leveling).

Parties suck, questing sucks, and seal 2 is the only way for any class to get decent EXP. It's not the best solution and the limit shouldn't be increased.

BTW, on Ymir, the max is 50. You should feel lucky!

#8 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Yep, I cant understand this decision :blink: I could live with 50% if the pre renewal exp but 10% is just not worth it anymore...

Would you mind taking a few seconds to post something in my other topic pls? Its about this issue. THe Link is in my post above yours. thank you <3

#9 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

The issue isn't the exp that this quest gives.

The problem is that it's the ONLY quest that gives exp that's at all worth it. Keep Seal 2 exp where it is, but kick the rest of the quests up to where they need to be.

#10 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

they could just make other seal quest give 3.2 mil exp with vip.

#11 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

The issue isn't the exp that this quest gives.

The problem is that it's the ONLY quest that gives exp that's at all worth it. Keep Seal 2 exp where it is, but kick the rest of the quests up to where they need to be.

or remove the exp from it. since the seals roll way too often cause of people doing it for the rewards. "certain" guilds control the monopoly at the moment, and god items are just pouring out.

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

or remove the exp from it. since the seals roll way too often cause of people doing it for the rewards.

I don't understand what is wrong with people doing quests for rewards.... I know this is RO and we all are masochists, but having one quest actually rewarding is nice :blink:

Maybe adding extra things to do other than leveling would help so people don't feel like they must level slowly?

Like, if battlegrounds, poring wars, instances, izlude arena, turbo trackm, and all other minigames worked...

Edited by Kadnya, 19 June 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#13 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

"certain" guilds control the monopoly at the moment, and god items are just pouring out.

expect e-bay to get a little more crowded!

#14 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

expect e-bay to get a little more crowded!

not when the majority of the god item pieces being made into god items (on valk at least) were either directly or indirectly gotten through ebay. (why would they ebay something they themselves ebayed to get in the first place?)

#15 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

not when the majority of the god item pieces being made into god items (on valk at least) were either directly or indirectly gotten through ebay. (why would they ebay something they themselves ebayed to get in the first place?)

then they could ebay the ebay'd pieces that they bought from ebay directly and use ebay to make some real cash. then the dg would implode from too much ebay and destroy the server.

please, think of the state of the server. dont use ebay.

#16 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:03 AM

Might be offtopic but whoever is giving me -1 Reputation should think about stop wasting his/ her time and might bring up better ideas to make spending time in RO worth again. I am 104 right now and it needs HOURS to even get a lvl up. I am def. not willing to spend days or even weeks at 140+ to get a lvl. I rather quit before. I am not asking for 123127487174 exp each turn in so I can be 150 in an hour. All I ask for is making RO worth my time again.

But sure, just give me -1's and count Ymirs population -1 as well :o

Just my 2 cent :P

#17 Ogawa

Ogawa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

I believe that is a solution, feasible, to increase the seal 2. Because there is an imbalance between those who start signal 1 and those who are in the seal 2. It is not logical that those 100 of the seal 1 are not those who carry the seal 2. Because the seal 2 is closed and even the signal 1 remains open. However, the flexibility and speed which are held every seal are about 3 or 4 times a week. I would propose that would put the seal 2 to 150 char just for a week . Trying to strike a balance within the framework of the anniversary of Ragnarok

#18 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

or remove the exp from it. since the seals roll way too often cause of people doing it for the rewards. "certain" guilds control the monopoly at the moment, and god items are just pouring out.

right because after months/years of 90% of the server moaning about the seal rewards being worthless, they finally make them worthwhile and people complain that people are actually doing them? go find a hole to jump into. a deep one.

#19 Jamelin

Jamelin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

The solution is not to have ONE seal 150 or 200, due to the other seal collapse :D , unless the 2, 3 and 4 also grow :o . It is better to simply extend the amount of char of all seal. For example, 75 to open next seal and 75 to close the seal. :P

#20 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

right because after months/years of 90% of the server moaning about the seal rewards being worthless, they finally make them worthwhile and people complain that people are actually doing them? go find a hole to jump into. a deep one.

Getting a god item is not worth it at all?

Let seal 2 keep its exp imo just make it so seal 4 needs 500 people to release. Should help get rid of the god item a day problem.

Edited by Tribe, 20 June 2011 - 10:23 AM.

#21 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

Seal 4 is more time consuming then seal 2 why would they do that :o
AFAIK, in Ymir there hasn't been a need to do seal1/2/3 lately because they close by themselves due to the server pushing, not because of a guild monopoly :P

Edited by Braska, 20 June 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#22 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

Broseff Juno. Don't get mad about the rep thing. Its just a qq fest, it doesnt actually mean anything

Edited by BlackPotato, 20 June 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#23 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

Seal 4 is more time consuming then seal 2 why would they do that :o

More time to release = less GOD items... Should take months to make a GOD item not one day.

More God items then mvp cards is stupid

#24 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to Ragnarok Online !! :o

If they did that they'd probably split seal 2 exp to 1/3/4. That's a whoping 1m+ !!!

Edited by Braska, 20 June 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#25 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Getting a god item is not worth it at all?

Let seal 2 keep its exp imo just make it so seal 4 needs 500 people to release. Should help get rid of the god item a day problem.

What would the effect of that be? Seals would take forever to roll which means seal 2 would seldom open. Seals rolling alot benefits those who have zero interest in god items as it allows them to do seal 2. The seal quests were changed and now alot of people participate in seals... lets change it so less people benefit from it?

One alliance is making most of the god items but since they will presumably run out it means others will have a shot at making theirs. If you slow down this process with your 500 seal 4 bs then that alliance will not run out of items any time soon, meaning others do not have a shot at making their items.

Short version: seal quests that benefit many > seal quest that benefit few

More time to release = less GOD items... Should take months to make a GOD item not one day.

More God items then mvp cards is stupid

Where do you get this arbitrary figure that a god item should take months to make?

1.0 God items from start to finish can often take years to make. The actual creation is relatively short - the work that goes into defending a castle and gathering all the pieces is what takes a long time.

I think you are only focussing your attention on the very last step in making a god item and not the whole process.

The number of mvp cards and god items on ymir that have accumulated is already irreversible. At present the aquisition of both types of item is realistic for a determined player over time and these type of goals keep people playing. If everyone can feasibly obtain such items if they put in the effort then imo it is a balance of some sort. Those who put more in should get more out.

Edited by Anko, 20 June 2011 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users