Question Regarding Buff Bots in iRO? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Question Regarding Buff Bots in iRO?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ShobaiK

ShobaiK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hello all.I didn't know exactly where to post this, but I wanted to ask you all a question.

See, I've made a return to RO in the last month (I swear it just keeps sucking me back in...) and from time to time I run into other characters who have a priest following them around. And when I mean following them around, I mean following their every move exactly as the last. They follow them and buff them as needed as well. One I even saw circling the character while idling similar to how a homunculus circles the owner once its HP is full.

I'm not a fan of using buff bots, but I had no idea these bots were allowed because most of which are people in their third classes already. Am I seeing things or is there another method of doing that that I am unaware of? Or are these people just passing under the radar?

Thanks, I just want to clear this up.

Edited by ShobaiK, 19 June 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#2 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

I've noticed a couple of 2nd-3rd trans classes with a "buff priest bot" around Manuk Field with that behavior.

I just AV a few Nepenthes and kill them.
Only killed one so far but any kind of botting is illegal.

WELCOME BACK!

Edited by Ularis, 19 June 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#3 Kolmogorov

Kolmogorov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

In Ymir, you will see some of those in Rachel 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor for turn-in quest. Anyway, it's just a buff bot not a farming bot. So I don't care to report them.

Edited by Kolmogorov, 19 June 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#4 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

They could be dual clienting with auto follow command and switch over to buff - This is allowed
Or
They could be botting or using a program(won't mention name, people know what it is) with this auto buff and follow function - This is not allow

#5 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

In Ymir, you will see some of those in Rachel 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor for turn-in quest. Anyway, it's just a buff bot not a farming bot. So I don't care to report them.

IMO this is worse than a farm bot. The majority of farm bots are from 3rd world countries and zeny selling sites, and there's no helping them. But when people that actual play the game resort to botting, that's just sad.

#6 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hello all.I didn't know exactly where to post this, but I wanted to ask you all a question.

See, I've made a return to RO in the last month (I swear it just keeps sucking me back in...) and from time to time I run into other characters who have a priest following them around. And when I mean following them around, I mean following their every move exactly as the last. They follow them and buff them as needed as well. One I even saw circling the character while idling similar to how a homunculus circles the owner once its HP is full.

I'm not a fan of using buff bots, but I had no idea these bots were allowed because most of which are people in their third classes already. Am I seeing things or is there another method of doing that that I am unaware of? Or are these people just passing under the radar?

Thanks, I just want to clear this up.

If you're on Valkyrie, that's pretty common since Valk is pretty much rampant with bots. As far as I know, botting of any kind isn't legal in the game, but it's gotten so out of hand that it's as Kolmogorov has said; people and the GMs don't seem to bother to do anything to the bots as long as they aren't bothering anyone, and considering how long it would take for a full-out bot crackdown, I can't really blame them either.

But yeah, these people could be dual-clienters too, and that's perfectly okay to do; though you can normally tell which is a bot and which is not.

#7 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Oh Imma make a post about bots later on that will help alot of people reduce zeny making bots' productivity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users