KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:55 AM

Well I've been grinding mobs in GH Culverts @ Anolians and so far I've noticed maybe 2-3 odd players. They kind of have this weird move-pause-move behaviour. They will autoattack mobs and refresh skills if needed and I swear these "players" don't even freaking sleep. I've yet to actually say something to them or PM them as I'm not entirely sure if they are bots. I was able to locate them on-_- including their alts (I think I'm paranoid at this point..).

Anyways I know its quite rare to find bots on Ymir but I'm not too sure what to do, if its a legit player I don't want to be a douche and get them banned.

#2 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

pretty sure a GM would investigate first b4 banning even with screenshots, so if your that suspicious then report.

Edited by Imz0r, 20 June 2011 - 03:11 AM.

#3 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

There are 2 GX bots down there that I'm aware of. One I had a "convo" with. Before that "convo" it wouldn't tele on sight, after it did.
if you try pming you get "this person doesn't feel like talking right now"

#4 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

/exall ftw

#5 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

If it looks like a duck...

They won't be banned automatically if you report them. It's generally best not to PM suspected bots anyway, especially when they're players, as it might make them go into hiding for a while to avoid being caught. Go ahead and report suspicious players so a GM can check them out. At least they have the powers needed to decide whether or not they're human.

#6 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

People sometimes have jerky movements if they lag a lot.

#7 sundaze

sundaze

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

I sometimes grind there on and off looking for carga maces and brooches. Just this past week or two I've noticed anywhere from 5-15 female rogue bots down there wearing brown hats. All have random bot names like 'Shejl5e' and they sell their loot through 3-5 merchant bots wearing random hats with names like 'Verun6h'. In the past two weeks they've managed to almost half the price of carga maces through aggressive undercuttting. Which people might like, but it sucks when you're trying to sell one yourself.

It's weird because they're not max level, I'm not sure if they cycle through 50 bots with 10-15 only each playing 4 hours or they move out of there before max level. Being there 24/7 they should level up in a day or two normally, maybe they just keep dying.

Anyways, it isn't worth me farming them anymore as the market is now flooded. I've submitted a ticket about them.

#8 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

It actually is not uncommon to find bots on Ymir. I encountered at least 4 just in this last weekend alone. I have noticed they do not do the old Teleport on sight that they used to. The way I have been able to identify a bot is that they run towards a Mob, I will lex it thinking I am helping a player and the bot will run away searching for an un tapped monster. Thief West of Geffen. Scholar North West of alde. 2hand knight in GH(outside). Aco north of Geffen. So they are either still common or I am just lucky to find them :o

#9 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

There is 1 (possibly 2) GX bots in rachel sanctuary 3. They DO tele on sight (even if they're sitting down when I come on screen, or attacking a monster). I try to PM them and they have /exall on.

Edit- ymir

Edited by Snewt, 20 June 2011 - 06:08 AM.

#10 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

Here are some facts I've learned of bots:

This is probably the most telling one, and takes a bit of observation to notice.

Unless a bot is on a bad connection and lagging, a bot will ALWAYS walk in a perfectly straight line, and a bot can walk diagonally while facing right. It's a very strange thing to watch. Because of the way the client works, a player unless they're very good at keeping still, can not walk in a perfectly straight line, and to walk diagonally a player will change directions (up, right, and 3/4 behind) several times.

A bot will rarely respond to text.

Do not PM a bot with the word "bot" outright. Ask him, "Do you have any empty bottles I can buy?" Oftentimes he'll come back with "No I'm not a bot" which is an automated response they program, and there's your cue. That is, if they even respond at all.

If they are sitting to regen, they will stand up and start killing if healed with no other response. They also don't respond to buffs most of the time though the smarter ones program them to go /thx. They'll do this abormally fast and spam it if they are programmed like this for every consecutive buff.

I like to mess with the bots I find on maps. It's kind of entertaining.

Edited by Faolain, 20 June 2011 - 06:19 AM.

#11 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

There are 2 GX bots down there that I'm aware of. One I had a "convo" with. Before that "convo" it wouldn't tele on sight, after it did.
if you try pming you get "this person doesn't feel like talking right now"

Yep, I think I've seen one of them. I think it's one of those players that sets the character to bot when they sleep or at work/school since they seem to only exhibit bot behavior at certain times.

#12 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

The shuffling bots seem to be a new kind of bot used by some gold farmers. They shuffle because they're very badly programmed. In addition to shuffling, they often spontaneously stop moving for periods of time. :o

It's possible for bots to be configured to notify their operator when they receive a private message. The bot operator can respond to messages or resume playing (presumably using the official client) to feign innocence. I know this from reporting dozens of bots that were farming green ale during the last St Patrick's Day event (none of which were banned).

Edited by richard, 20 June 2011 - 07:23 AM.

#13 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

Question. Is it normal to see a Rouge with a Priest following it?

#14 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Depends, Priest could be autofollow/dual client.
or it could be a slave bots.

Edited by Imz0r, 20 June 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#15 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

Autofollow can easily be done with shift-click using a dual client/computer setup. Archbishops are great because they can cast Group Agi/Bless/KE/Heal/Mag without breaking the autofollow since they are not targeted spells.

#16 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

Buff the bots with Kaite. You just need two linkers. Or if the bot is a DPS class, use Eske in the monster while he is attacking the monster. If the bot don't die, it's a good bot. o:

In some certain day [Poring the Conqueror in Morroc], after the "event", there was a lot of thieves sitting on the respawn points. A priest used Sanctuary and healed all the bots. They started running away as mad... That was funny o:

I remember when I killed a bot priestess using my linker. She was tanking a drosera for a stalker. I used Eske in the drosera, and it started dealing 2k damage, she could not outtank it, and instead of teleporting/running away, she stayed there and died. Of course. Being a bot = No feelings. The stalker continued killing like his friend did not died. No /omg, no /sob... Very bad machines.

Edited by asayuu, 20 June 2011 - 09:25 AM.

#17 Kolmogorov

Kolmogorov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

There is 1 (possibly 2) GX bots in rachel sanctuary 3. They DO tele on sight (even if they're sitting down when I come on screen, or attacking a monster). I try to PM them and they have /exall on.

Edit- ymir

Can you share me the trick? I have a hard time getting the name of the bot that set to tele on sight. Maybe I have to move the cursor faster? :o

Edited by Kolmogorov, 20 June 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#18 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Well I did manage to catch the name of a GX I saw in the Anolian maps who seemed to teleport away everytime I got close to his/her screen. I already found out their guild name and their character name (I even remember what their char looks like) not sure if its a bot but its rather annoying when they just flywing quickly. I'm less likely to report a guilded player but if they bot I don't think I'm gonna hold back.

#19 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

i like to pneuma rk bots on the unicorn map and make them die.

#20 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Back when teleport on sight was more common, the GM's would accept a screenie with no name under a moused over character. That's only a requirement to prevent false identification.

The GM's allowed me to report several bots using this info:

Screenie of teleport
Map in Question
Time and Date
Class of the Offender
Headgears of the Offender

#21 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Well I just reported the 2 suspected players of botting but I doubt they'll be banned. Seems like the # of them on Ymir is still low but they seem to be common at Anolians.

#22 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

Well Im asking because I was dual clienting with my priest and rouge and there was this RK KSing me. His reason was he said that I was botting (autofollowing) my priest [Valk]. This is at Magmarings btw.

#23 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

Botting does not equal autofollowing.
There are bots that use autofollow but that doesn't mean anyone that does it is a bot. RK was just being a jerk.

Edited by ikeren, 21 June 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#24 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

found a GX bot in magma 1 just then, so obvious aswell. just walks around, disengaged if i attacked first, doesnt respond at all.
atleast put some effort into not looking so obvious if your gonna bot lol >_>

#25 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:51 AM

I gave up on reporting bots after I went to Morroc Dungeon to do a quest. Within 30 seconds I saw at least 100 bots. They all walk, act, and wear the same thing. I posted a chat room entitle "human enter." 10 past by and not even a single sole enter my chat room.

The best way to detect a bot is if they're sitting down to recover HP. If you heal them and they get up and start to walk around right away then they're a bot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users