44 replies to this topic

#1 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hi, I have some questions for druid class:
1. Should I choose one of Doomguard or Inferno? Aren't there enough skill points for all skill tree, yes?
2. What pros and cons of both at pve and pvp?
3. I have heard that druid is the rariest class, so does it worth to play with it because people don't know how to fight vs them? (Sorry for bad English... :o )

#2 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

How to delete thread? I have read older threads and got info...

#3 Xviax

Xviax

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

laisviux is right, there are older threads that are very useful

here is the most useful however not up to date

http://forums.playre...d=27844&start=1

to answer your questions anyway, these are just my opinions.

Doomguard = PVE, Inferno = PVP

HOWEVER you they can be played vice versa as pvp favors more resistant characters and pve can fit perfectly for an Inferno.

DG's PROS would seem to be a tough tank with massive defense and MASSIVE Health Buff if built correctly and has a new ability called space activation (new due to the old forums out dated skill list) which allows the Druid to teleport instantly away from where he/she was in a RANDOM direction. What makes him a tank in PVE is the ability to TAUNT monsters NOT REAL characters. So pvp Taunt is useless. DG's do have a single target stun.

CONS is that they will not do so much damage and are extremely slow

Inferno's PROS i believe are having great single target attack damage/crits (if built correctly) and has attack speed buff, aoe stun, Dot, and another dash skill. Great for duels 1v1 and PVE grinding

CONS is that they loss defense when in Inferno mode and in Battle grounds will tend to pull the focus of all the ranged casters and dps-ers. Closing in the distance will be a chore.

As for choosing which one specifically, i say inferno as more damage speeds up fights either in your favor or to your enemies. My taste in Druid dip into both tech trees except i have barely started the druid.

But after studying and asking around other druids. This is the little review i could give you. Druids are known better to be VERSATILE and adjusting to the situation. If you want to specialize, be sure you plan out you're strategy.

#4 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Hmm
http://kruxena.com/s...,10,0,7,0,0,0,0
My build
Inferno actually raises defense now
Doomguard actually raises speed now

umm if ya really have any other questions or things ya simply not sure about, do ask. Always happy to help

#5 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

I have 30lvl rogue (I wanted sr) but I don't like it. It's not fun always AA or just with 1 skill... I still think that I want Druid and Inferno main. But I had seen videos how druids spam magic skills and I didn't liked it. How to be pure Druid-Inferno since 1 lvl?

#6 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Druid is what people call a hybrid, so if you want to be successful you will have to mix magic with physical. What a real druid should be spamming is physical skills. Those are raging strike, absorbing energy, robbing willingness, and revenge telekenesis. You can't fight a whole battle in inferno, you will simply be good picking.

Gameplay is like this http://www.xfire.com/video/3da623/

Druid is mid range to short range fighter. Limiting yourself to short range isn't smart.

#7 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Druid is what people call a hybrid, so if you want to be successful you will have to mix magic with physical. What a real druid should be spamming is physical skills. Those are raging strike, absorbing energy, robbing willingness, and revenge telekenesis. You can't fight a whole battle in inferno, you will simply be good picking.

Gameplay is like this http://www.xfire.com/video/3da623/

Druid is mid range to short range fighter. Limiting yourself to short range isn't smart.

Does it really those skills are physic? So, I go druid when...

#8 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Does it really those skills are physic? So, I go druid when...

Yes, the magic skills are the heals and your first 2 stuns. There is also a little 30m nuke you can spam, you longest range skill. All of these are key skills. The other physical skills other than the ones I have mention already are the 2 inferno skills, bleeding and double strike. Inferno is used as you saw in that video, in short bursts mostly.

#9 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

I had decided pure inferno build. I think that the most druids learn only 1lvl of inferno skills, so they think that he is weak then... +400 bonus atack isn't much?

Edited by laisviux, 27 June 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#10 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

The damage boost is only 300 now and you will die in inferno. All the top druids in end-game play similar to how i showed you for a reason. Play it as you like though. Would you happen to be that druid named Jainstorm?

Edited by Syre, 28 June 2011 - 12:09 PM.

#11 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

The damage boost is only 300 now and you will die in inferno. All the top druids in end-game play similar to how i showed you for a reason. Play it as you like though. Would you happen to be that druid named Jainstorm?

Hi Severed!

On topic: It's your Druid, and play is at you like, but you should probably notice how the few capped or near capped play their class in PvP, it's pretty much the definitive way to do so as Severed said, the only difference would be builds pretty much. I can really only think of one Druid who tries to PvP as an AA Druid, and I'm personally not fond of that build at all.

#12 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Does skill crit build good works for iferno skills?

#13 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

Does skill crit build good works for iferno skills?

Yes it does, it's what you'll want to use, since you use a combination of the physical BM/Druid skills, combined with changing into Inferno and using those skills. The stats you need to focus on are CON, Skill Crit, and SCAD. Of course, getting raw HP and Damage are things you want to work on too, but most sets don't help in that aspect for Druids.

#14 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

So, how much could crit 10lvl Double Slash at 79lvl if skill crit build?

#15 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

So, how much could crit 10lvl Double Slash at 79lvl if skill crit build?

I wouldn't take Double Slash level one, but that's depending on how much SCAD you have, and how much Defense the target has.
If you have low SCAD and the target has high defense, then it'll be a low end crit, but if say the defense has low defense, and you have around 200~ SCAD you can crit about 1200x2(This is off the top of my mind, haven't tested my damage on said guildie since I finished my weapon half-way)

If you're taking inferno skills: Bleeding and Double Slash level one, and you max Storm Slash, nothing else. Considering that there are far better things to put your skill points in.

#16 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

Only knew uzaki as AA druid and it does not work well in pvp situations. He tried compensating with DoTs, but as I said, It does not work well. If you play skill crit in "pure inferno" you will have 2 skills to spam and a stun. Compared to all the other skills, ranged capabilities, heals, and stun support.

Lvl 10 or lvl 1 double slash, difference isn't huge I would say. On 0 defense mob I may hit 3k at lvl 1. Pvp is more about SCAD though and not all about raw damage. Raw damage is reduced by defense but SCAD skips reduction. Do you know what SCAD is? Also, a druid shouldn't have points to fill such skills to lvl 10... there are more important things.

oi ditto o/

Edited by Syre, 28 June 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#17 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

I know what is scad - skill critical additional damage.
I'm now 30lvl and with free skill points. I think I will skip bm skill tree because I want pure inferno. Or should I take some skills from bm? The "famous" stuns don't look very strong at high level, or is it only for stun?

Sorry that I look nooby when talk about druid, but I want the most rariest class and maybe most funniest...

Edited by laisviux, 28 June 2011 - 11:36 PM.

#18 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

Just for stun man

#19 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Only knew uzaki as AA druid and it does not work well in pvp situations. He tried compensating with DoTs, but as I said, It does not work well. If you play skill crit in "pure inferno" you will have 2 skills to spam and a stun. Compared to all the other skills, ranged capabilities, heals, and stun support.

Lvl 10 or lvl 1 double slash, difference isn't huge I would say. On 0 defense mob I may hit 3k at lvl 1. Pvp is more about SCAD though and not all about raw damage. Raw damage is reduced by defense but SCAD skips reduction. Do you know what SCAD is? Also, a druid shouldn't have points to fill such skills to lvl 10... there are more important things.

oi ditto o/

Exactly that^.

Prot and Rad defense buffs screw us over hard, so we are in dire need of a lot of SCAD.

Well, I knew Uzaki was one, but of recent the only other AA Druid I know of is ZIPCURSE, and I guess it works okay for him because of his 72 Fascination, and the fact that he uses s2 Karma. I know he compensated for not having the distance heavily by taking Thrown Vine, but as I said earlier, I don't agree with the build either.

#20 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

I have some new questions from me:
1. How does work Double Slash skill? 126 x 2 + main physical dmg (at 1lvl skill)?
2. One more question about Swift Leg. It says that increase Physical Attack Evasion: +50 %. So do you get +50% extra evasion of all amount? Have anyone already tested with evasion set or something? Does it only good at pve? If inferno form loose defense, why not to get evasion then?
3. What weapon is better for AA and what is better for SCAD? If I want AA with inferno, should I take the fastest weapon (sword?)?
4. Does Revenge Telekinesis really bad skill? If I max it, does it only help in pve? Does melee relect damage too in pvp? Or does it just crap reflect damage?
5. Does Doomguard form loose atack speed then transform? Why he atack so slow, slower than inferno form?

#21 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

1. (skill dmg + phys dmg) x2
2. since the last druid skill patch inferno gains defense when lvling up, it no longer loses it. and the eva buffs is virtually useless.
3. best aa wep would be 1h axe, best skill spam weps would be knucks with scad or 1h sword.
4. it's really bad.
5. inferno has attack speed buff, doomguard doesn't.

#22 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Swift leg is actually running speed boost now. Still crap, fun to use on joke build along with Doomguard teleport though.

Edited by Syre, 30 June 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#23 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Swift leg is actually running speed boost now. Still crap, fun to use on joke build along with Doomguard teleport though.

What?! No more + evasion? I wanted try! :P
So where I can see how looks REAL druid skill tree?

Edited by laisviux, 01 July 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#24 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

ingame *trollface*

#25 laisviux

laisviux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

ingame *trollface*

I'm not 50lvl so I can't! :P

Edited by laisviux, 01 July 2011 - 12:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users