I <3 West Orc Village - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

I <3 West Orc Village

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:46 AM

A big thanks out to Gravity for restoring West Orc Village! Can we keep it as a permanent VIP dungeon? With the same spawn but increased difficulty level?

Any chances of doing goblins next? Its a highly overlooked map that could also use some love.

#2 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

ppl always want the game easier >.>

#3 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

lol wonka. times have changed i guess.

Edited by Imz0r, 21 June 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

And some people just love watching snail races for pure speed madness! xP

But nupe, seriously, easier and faster is doing things like the second seal over and over. HO map killing monsters isn't faster, it is just more fun.

Edited by Kadnya, 21 June 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

Needing a party to keep up with the sheer # of monsters pinging you from range is a pretty good experience compared to other 7-99 leveling spots. The only thing that keeps the map fair is the 99 ceiling restriction. Most 3rd jobs could solo that map and get crazy exp.

#6 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

The game should really be moving away from random chance in regards to enchants and upgrades, even though that's not entirely related to this thread as such. With proper limitations and design, they could give away weapon upgrades through quests. Key part being your understanding of proper limitations and design. Much of the personal development is linked to gear in this game, and by many of the newly introduced systems being pretty hard and fast in regards to breaking stuff and giving terrible upgrades, it's pretty bad. Especially when it's something that can drive players away due to the obscene amount of time you'd need to get anywhere halfway decent with it.

People still want to work towards things, but they want those things to be achievable and less random. Good leveling options is a small part of this, and making gear is another part. We already have random rewards (Part of an incentive to play) in the form of card drops, why should we have random penalization (Wrong enchant, potential to destroy the gear in MULTIPLE ways) to counter it? Break chance on upgrade is acceptable and makes sense, as does slotting, but breaking on failed enchants is pretty terrible.

Edited by Scott, 21 June 2011 - 07:16 AM.

#7 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

Adding in "Bring X Items for a guaranteed item upgrade/enchant/slot quests" would be awesome. So long as the drop penalty stays disabled anyway. Probably something akin to the recycler where each item is worth a certain number of points, and guaranteed upgrades cost increasing amounts.

#8 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

Permanent VIP dungeon... Just break the damn level limit.

And let normal people enter the normal map with the normal orcs.

#9 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

level limits are stupid. whats the point of me paying for this if i cant even access the new content?

#10 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

The worst limit is needing a high upgraded hat for this. For an anniversary event.. :o

#11 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

The worst limit is needing a high upgraded hat for this. For an anniversary event.. :o

yea if it was just a random leveling event, its understandable that they'd try to encourage Kafra shop sales through hats/reset stones, but its an anniversary event that's supposed to be celebrating years and years of Ragnarok existence :D It should be available to everyone in celebration and not "only the (low level :P) cool kids are allowed in" event

#12 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

Don't worry. I have a feeling... this will be remedied tonight.

#13 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

The hat is free if you do the quest, and if you recycled old items getting it to +7 was a joke of a challenge.

yea but a player new to RO who just hit 70 does not have 20mil + to blow off on safe refine, nor does he/she want to make another char to make another hat, only to attempt and break again and again for the sake of an annual event.

#14 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Don't worry. I have a feeling... this will be remedied tonight.

agreed :o

#15 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Idk why they even removed the West Orc Village map in the first place. But the kRO devs implemented that so iRO GM team had nothing to do with it, right?

Anyways I do hope they allow other (non-VIP) players to join in on both turn in events.

Like someone mentioned its like "pay to participate" but do I have to keep saying its iRO Anniversary and should be for everyone (keep the level restriction though :o)

High level players (except those 100-104 /pat) have their own Turn In Event and we (mid-lowbies) don't need more and much worse AoE KSers. Not that all of you are but it can't be helped. We already have level 99 3rd trans farming job lvls.

Some of you probably wants to help family (in-game marriage of that sort), guildee(s) or friend(s) but its already hard for those walking parties to locate mobs. We don't want more 3rd trans AoE killers-gwingin'-ksing.

Oh ofcourse don't forget the 1-69 and 100-104 crowd they play too :D which would also solve thr 3rd trans job lvl farming because they have no turn in yet once they ding 100 :D

Sorry Asayuu :P get your OAB some other way. Mine got looted :D along with an OA card.

HO Turn in is fast exp for those who don't grind or find partying fun/less boring. 400-500k exp total/20-30mins Non-VIP with +7 Ygg Crown put all on base exp.

#16 Icey

Icey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

how do you get there other than using reset stone and +7 yyg crown?

#17 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

how do you get there other than using reset stone and +7 yyg crown?

Being a Very Important Person.

#18 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

wait,btw is that 3rd class not allowed to enter the map on west orc village?? I saw some of them <.< If that allowed,I will bring my 2 -.-

#19 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

wait,btw is that 3rd class not allowed to enter the map on west orc village?? I saw some of them <.< If that allowed,I will bring my 2 -.-

someone correct me if im wrong, but they were prolly fresh 99 3rd jobs ddoing it for the job exp. well thats what was said in another thread.

#20 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Adding in "Bring X Items for a guaranteed item upgrade/enchant/slot quests" would be awesome. So long as the drop penalty stays disabled anyway. Probably something akin to the recycler where each item is worth a certain number of points, and guaranteed upgrades cost increasing amounts.

I think it'd be entirely fair too, make it harder for the higher leveled upgrades, by requiring rarer and higher quantities of items. It'd be an easily implementable way to stabilize gears, and achieve a certain "base" upgrade rate as the norm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users