The new box... it's iffy - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

The new box... it's iffy

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

Slotted headgear: Always good, but it's class S, so if you're not spending hundreds, you can't count on it

Skull Cap - It's basically a weaker CoD, although it reaches full power at +7 rather than +9, and it upgrades the thorn staff enough to potentially allow shield use on a nuker for the first time in Renewal. It's definitely a niche hat, but it's a decent thing to have available in some situations. It's important to note that 13.3 is going to replace this for any non-Sorc though, so keep that in mind.

Demon Mask - You're going to need a LOT of blues for this, and even then, only a few classes can really make optimal use of it. If you have the right character and the zeny though, it definitely has its niche. Since most are missing one or the other though, there isn't going to be high demand for this.

Little Feather Hat - If the cast time reduction includes fixed, this potentially has value if you have a few hundred mil to blow on that +10 bow. If it doesn't, this isn't worth having even then. You'll definitely be able to pick this up dirt cheap after the event though, as almost no one can use it.

Cancer Crown - It's still decent, but since since it's still using pre-Renewal stats, it definitely took a hit. It's definitely still usable on some agi characters though.

Cancer Diadem - Renewal made this completely obsolete.

Buff Scrolls - Doubling the amount for slightly less than double cost makes these suck slightly less, but the fact that it's the sole D class item suggests ~40% of boxes are going to be this. Ugg... this alone is enough reason to wait for the Azzy thread.

Card Album - There's some good cards in there, but nothing amazing, and quite a bit of crap. The average value is lower than a regular OCA (although admittedly, most of the value of OCAs comes from the poring boss cards that you're probably never going to see roll). While certainly better than getting stuck with buff scrolls, I don't exactly picture anyone pouncing on these.

BMX3 - You really can't go wrong with these.

KVM - Lots of people need these (either directly or to exchange), so this is quite useful. I just hope they haven't completely given up on BGs though.

Hugel Medals - These remain quite valuable, and a double load at class B is likely to be the main selling point of this box.

Overall: It looks like the manuals, badges, and medals are the only big attraction here. That's not necessarily a bad thing as all of 3 of those rolls are more generous than normal, even taking the higher box cost into account. I'm definitely waiting for the Azzy odds thread on this one though. It looks like at least 2/3 of the rolls aren't going to have much value, so it basically boils down to a question of how common the class B stuff is going to be.

Edited by Mwrip, 21 June 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#2 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

and lol to those spending hundred million zeny to buy bijofnil feather

#3 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

What are the hugel medals used for? o.o

#4 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

500 KP Each... It Kinda evens out as if your buying the 300kp boxes since the rewards are doubled. I wont be buying em this time around, way to expensive.

#5 Saff

Saff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Restart : Odin

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

I have to say though, for being kinda crappy, the headgears do look rather cool. Hoping to get a Demon Mask myself, yeah the SP cost will suck, but it looks nice.

#6 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

I don't know if its coincidence but my thinking tells me...
Skull Cap = Mage class (Complained to be underpowered)
Demon Hat = Sin class (Complained to be underpowered and ridiculously false)
Lil' feather hat = Archers class (Complained to be underpowered)

No love for the rest of us? :o

The Demon mask tough, it's only draw back its the requisite for using a darn succubus horn not allowing you to use a snake hat or something else with vanberk card with all that aspd. /facepalm . I doubt anyone would want this headgear, for me it looks evil and awesome something I'd want to keep. A filir pinion would be much better than this if you want aspd for the obvious reasons.

#7 Akisame

Akisame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

I wish they just did another St. Patrick's hat box-style thing with the hats in this batch (minus the mini glasses and zodiac gear) :|

Damn, but I want that skull cap and little feather hat so bad. I guess I'll just wait until they're made tradeable =_=;

#8 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

Little Feather Hat - If the cast time reduction includes fixed, this potentially has value if you have a few hundred mil to blow on that +10 bow. If it doesn't, this isn't worth having even then. You'll definitely be able to pick this up dirt cheap after the event though, as almost no one can use it.

This hat is the worst. Supposed to be for archer classes... I mean. Hunter classes. Isn't sufficient having half of the bows in the game exclusive to this class, they even need to get another exclusive headgear just to that?

I mean. This hat has great use for Assassins and Hunters only. [Both classes are able to [b]wear[/b] (Again: WEAR. They don't need to use the arrows, just having them equipped makes it work) Sharp Arrows and need crit for something] Assassins does not even use a bow, while us, performers [Which after Renewal, we are forced to use bows] got outranked again.

I would prefer +X% ranged power instead of +X critical hit. And it also could decrease half of the cast [I don't know. Fixed or Variable cast] of all skills for any +10 weapon... Over level 3 or 4, of course. I don't want to think about other classes using +10 MG to reduce cast time, not even wizards /omg

The other stuff... Fairly decent. I want the prize medals, because I have bad luck and I want one Rudra Bow. And use the recycler to push it to +7 and kill everything ^_^

Note: SO MANY POSTS /omg.

Lil' feather hat = Archers class (Complained to be underpowered)

I repeat [In this same post ^_^]. HUNTER classes. Not archers.

---

I'm sorry for screaming too much. But it's because I main as a dancer, so I need to scream or else nobody will hear me I totally got angry with this hat. It's cute. But because of the bad effect, I will never use this hat, even it being supposed to be used by archers. The skull cap + Elven ears is better for me. It reduces my Rainstorm SP cost by 4 ^_^

Edited by asayuu, 21 June 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#9 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

We are borrowing these items, and part of the deal is a certain value hsa to be attributed to them. We could have done a 300 pt box and filled in the gaps with an MCA, some merc scrolls and maybe some bubble gum, but ultimately that means those hats would have been a lower % pull than they are in these boxes.

Don't put too much weight on what class they are, that used to matter when it was an NPC opening them, but as they are now it is just a bunch of "odds" thrown" into a big jar. Those headgears by design are the most expensive headgears that we've had the chance to sell, instead of making a 20 dollar "hat pack" we did a $5 Lucky Box instead to distribute them. Yes I would love to sell a lot, but we also worked to cut out the less desirable stuff to leave the good inside.

#10 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

jRO hats, yum.

#11 Icey

Icey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

We are borrowing these items, and part of the deal is a certain value hsa to be attributed to them. We could have done a 300 pt box and filled in the gaps with an MCA, some merc scrolls and maybe some bubble gum, but ultimately that means those hats would have been a lower % pull than they are in these boxes.

Don't put too much weight on what class they are, that used to matter when it was an NPC opening them, but as they are now it is just a bunch of "odds" thrown" into a big jar. Those headgears by design are the most expensive headgears that we've had the chance to sell, instead of making a 20 dollar "hat pack" we did a $5 Lucky Box instead to distribute them. Yes I would love to sell a lot, but we also worked to cut out the less desirable stuff to leave the good inside.

but that still a bit op, i guess back to original price for lucky boxes. these boxes is $5 each that's pretty expensive. when i think abt spending $5/box. I am abt to give people lecture how much money is a lot valuable than these hats. Oh well some people are just rich, pure dumb or don't care. $15 = 1 whole day decent meal.

Edited by Icey, 22 June 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#12 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

The headgears definitely do lean towards a particular class for each, it is good to see some thought put towards non-trans chars even if you don only play them for a few days ;)

skull cap is definitely nice for sorcs, not that useful for warlocks. With the appropriate staff (and thorn staff is already popular) its giving +100 matk, 8% matk and 10% cast reduction, compared to 29% cast reduction, 12% matk and 5% delay for a +9 kk CoD. So you getting a lot higher damage for increased cast time, although sorc skills have short cast times to start with.

Demon masks SP drain isnt THAT big, ctrl-click users dont cast many skills and it just requires a base regen of 8/tick to break even. my GX with variants has a base regen of 10 with 1 Int so no biggy. Put a sidewinder card in a jur or just go DD and your off. The trade-off is bigger for non-thief classes though. Having said that going from 192 aspd to 193 aspd is a bigger DPS increase than snake hat for non-thief classes.

Also where is Ifrit mask :o j/k but it would have been nice ;)

Edited by Hrothmund, 22 June 2011 - 12:59 AM.

#13 Raymon

Raymon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

Having said that going from 192 aspd to 193 aspd is a bigger DPS increase than snake hat for non-thief classes.

Snake hat is FAR greater dps with 192 than no snake hat and 193 for all other ctrl+click classes besides thief, unless it's autocasting damage is far greater than it's melee damage. 192 -> 193 is 6 attacks -> 7, whereas snake hat is +25% melee dps.

#14 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

Definitely not worth it. They halved all the good :o in the box, and added mca.

#15 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

i lol'ed when i saw cancer headgear and buff scrolls. lol.

#16 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:01 AM

finally my hoarding of thorn stuff pay out... :o

#17 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

where can i see images of so said headgears? ^.

edit to add: never mind i found them, would be nice if RO would put them in the news section of the website >.<

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 22 June 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#18 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:57 AM

I've never had luck with the boxes, and the sheer amount of garbage (Read: Party Buff Trolls Scrolls and hats that are essentially useless on my characters) I don't want is steering me away from these ones, especially at the higher price point.

Edited by Scott, 22 June 2011 - 05:42 AM.

#19 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

The one thing i do like about these boxes are that there are better odds of getting KVM badges. In about i dont know how many LB events I have only manged alittle over 2000kvm badges. My total number of boxes opened since KVM badges were introduced into LBs is well over 125 boxes.

#20 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Slotted headgear: Always good, but it's class S, so if you're not spending hundreds, you can't count on it

Skull Cap - It's basically a weaker CoD, although it reaches full power at +7 rather than +9, and it upgrades the thorn staff enough to potentially allow shield use on a nuker for the first time in Renewal. It's definitely a niche hat, but it's a decent thing to have available in some situations. It's important to note that 13.3 is going to replace this for any non-Sorc though, so keep that in mind.

Demon Mask - You're going to need a LOT of blues for this, and even then, only a few classes can really make optimal use of it. If you have the right character and the zeny though, it definitely has its niche. Since most are missing one or the other though, there isn't going to be high demand for this.

Cancer Crown - It's still decent, but since since it's still using pre-Renewal stats, it definitely took a hit. It's definitely still usable on some agi characters though.

Cancer Diadem - Renewal made this completely obsolete.

Buff Scrolls - Doubling the amount for slightly less than double cost makes these suck slightly less, but the fact that it's the sole D class item suggests ~40% of boxes are going to be this. Ugg... this alone is enough reason to wait for the Azzy thread.

Card Album - There's some good cards in there, but nothing amazing, and quite a bit of crap. The average value is lower than a regular OCA (although admittedly, most of the value of OCAs comes from the poring boss cards that you're probably never going to see roll). While certainly better than getting stuck with buff scrolls, I don't exactly picture anyone pouncing on these.

BMX3 - You really can't go wrong with these.

KVM - Lots of people need these (either directly or to exchange), so this is quite useful. I just hope they haven't completely given up on BGs though.

Hugel Medals - These remain quite valuable, and a double load at class B is likely to be the main selling point of this box.

Overall: It looks like the manuals, badges, and medals are the only big attraction here. That's not necessarily a bad thing as all of 3 of those rolls are more generous than normal, even taking the higher box cost into account. I'm definitely waiting for the Azzy odds thread on this one though. It looks like at least 2/3 of the rolls aren't going to have much value, so it basically boils down to a question of how common the class B stuff is going to be.

I find this post to be extremely useful. +++++ for this thread.

However I do have a question about KVM badges. Besides exchanging it for KVM items is there anything else that you can do with these?

#21 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

account bound ;(

#22 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

I already bought 2 boxes and the first one was the Cancer Diadem lol 2nd one was Party Buff Pack. I might get more points later on as I kind of want the mask for the awesome look imo that mask would benefit classes that just auto-attack things to death.

#23 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

Having said that going from 192 aspd to 193 aspd is a bigger DPS increase than snake hat for non-thief classes.

lol wtf? -1

#24 ElenaCrimson

ElenaCrimson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

4 Cancer crowns (in a row!) and one buff pack. Fail.

#25 sara

sara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

3 buff packs in a row..2 class albums.. and no skull cap!!!! ~_~ SO FAIL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users