Two Things for ya - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Two Things for ya

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Two Thoughts

Kafra shop vs. zeny sellers
First is the increasingly annoying zeny spammers in all the major cities. I know you can use a program, or a command, to help alleviate the problem, but that's not the point. The issue I see is that they are eating into Gravity's profits. Ever since the Kafra shop opened and we were given the ability to sell Kafra shop items on the market, players have been able to make a quick million or two zeny. This pits Gravity head to head with the zeny sellers. Why let them advertise their business on your servers? It would be like putting a Coke vending machine right in the middle of a Pepsi warehouse. Wouldnâ??t stay there too long, would it? If a 3rd party program can filter out these annoyances, it seems like it should be pretty easy to either update the client with a blacklist of common phrases used by the zeny spammers every maintenance, or install a server side spam filter.

tl;dr â?? Buy from the Kafra shop and tell zeny sellers to P/O.

Gay Marriage
Already been touched upon, I know, with a big fat NO! But come on, why not? You'd sell more Written Oath of Marriage ($5 $10 $15 $20...It adds up.) Okay, so the big wigs say hell no, but you should be able to work something out. Say, not so much a marriage, but more of a union? I'm thinking any two characters, same sex, or not, could maybe purchase... Ah! A Friendship Stone, use it in some sort of different ceremony, and then those characters could take advantage of the three extra skills that come with marriage. Just rename them a bit, like...

Lets Chill (Romantic Rendezvous)
High Five (Loving Touch)
Fist Bump (Undying Love)

tl;dr â?? Celebrate diversity.

That's all the random in my mind at the moment.

#2 Bad123

Bad123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

no

#3 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Gay Marriage
Already been touched upon, I know, with a big fat NO! But come on, why not? You'd sell more Written Oath of Marriage ($5 $10 $15 $20...It adds up.) Okay, so the big wigs say hell no, but you should be able to work something out. Say, not so much a marriage, but more of a union? I'm thinking any two characters, same sex, or not, could maybe purchase... Ah! A Friendship Stone, use it in some sort of different ceremony, and then those characters could take advantage of the three extra skills that come with marriage. Just rename them a bit, like...

High Five (Loving Touch)
Fist Bump (Undying Love)

tl;dr �?? Celebrate diversity.

Even if you pretend it as "Friendship", I guess, korea will still say "no"... unfortunally :/

#4 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

no

#5 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

High Five (Loving Touch)
Fist Bump (Undying Love)

Those skill names are so awesome. So what should the adopted char of the same sex couple say? Or does it become a midget rather than an adopted character?

#6 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Something have to be done with those zeny site spammer, i agree. But no to gay marriage.

#7 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

no to gay marriage...

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

HQ in Korea will never agree to that I bet. Its seriously, if I remember correctly, a huge cultural taboo you just don't talk about. Its considered a western phenomenon, but like the US in the last 4 or 5 years its become a bit more relaxed of an issue but yeah.

Edited by Inubashiri, 23 June 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#9 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Just out of curiosity, is it allow to say ,,NO to gay Marriage!!!!!" in the USA?
Cause in Europe we got a ,,Dont be bad!!!" Rule (Dont know the proper english word xD) that will get us in trouble if we would say something like this. Gay People could go to police and you get into trouble for discriminating them.

I dont have any problems with them and in my opinions they should have all the rights incl. lower taxes and more social opportunities and Insurcances as normal marriages does.
Its not fair to ask the same duties and ,,you have to's" but dont give them the same rights.

Just my 2 cents <3

#10 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Can you still get married then sex change? I remember seeing a male/male married couple on chaos rofl.

#11 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Yes, you can marry and go to the doctor for an sexchange :o
*jokes*

According to Terms of Service its not allowed, maybe an GM oversaw it and they were lucky ;)?

By the way... Can you imagine a guy screaming to another Guy Brian, I Fist Bump you !! That sounds so wrong xD

#12 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

I honestly dont know why it is such a big deal to have same sex marriage in the game, especially since iRO is more of a western game (or at least located in the western world). It is very accepted around here, so i doubt anyone would really care if it went in or not.

Edited by CheddarJack, 23 June 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Just out of curiosity, is it allow to say ,,NO to gay Marriage!!!!!" in the USA?
Cause in Europe we got a ,,Dont be bad!!!" Rule (Dont know the proper english word xD) that will get us in trouble if we would say something like this. Gay People could go to police and you get into trouble for discriminating them.

I dont have any problems with them and in my opinions they should have all the rights incl. lower taxes and more social opportunities and Insurcances as normal marriages does.
Its not fair to ask the same duties and ,,you have to's" but dont give them the same rights.

Just my 2 cents <3

This will probably answer all your questions and save me time typing Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

I could personally give a hill of beans but think of it this way, if normal married couples have a right to be "happy" (when in reality they are unhappy and cheat/lie/steal/kill but claim love at the ceremony) then same sex folks who are probably a bit more honest and loyal have every right but one thing is for sure government should mind its own business about the issue until it comes to federal and state legal matters. Food for thought I guess.

Edited by Inubashiri, 23 June 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#14 Gabe22400

Gabe22400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Lets just meet them half way and make it able to marry soul linkers regardless of gender. There I said what we are all thinking.

#15 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

Lets just meet them half way and make it able to marry soul linkers regardless of gender. There I said what we are all thinking.

That is so true lmao. That is the main thing everyone wants.

#16 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

SL do have genders, oh wow !

Imo they should add to the KC an ,,Link yourself" Box or a ,,Kaite" Box or whateveryoulikefromSL Box for 20 - 60 Kafra Points. srsly.

#17 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

So does this topic have anything to do with Obama being in NY today speaking to the GLBT Congregation?

#18 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

Same sex marriage will not happen because of a portion (not all just a great deal of them who can not give an intelligent, insightful or non selfish reason as to no for same sex marriage in real life or in an MMO) of "normal" married couples (this includes the serial marriage. serial husband or serial wife) are insecure. Same applies for heterosexual couples who aren't married. If they weren't insecure, they wouldn't get all up in arms when they see or hear; same sex, or the words, gay, lesbian or sometimes bisexual get them in a tizzy. They still get worked up thinking about what "goes" (actually may not) on behind closed doors their own homes. Yet at the same time when asked why is homosexuality wrong the first thing is "a man and a man can't pleasure each other". Cough irony is knocking.

#19 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Why did I just recieve an PM with ,,A mankind shall not lie with a mankind, as with a wifekind. And if he does, you shall be the first to throw the stone. Justice may be served by God Servants". Damn this is freaking me out :o

I do support Gay Marriage but still.... as neutral and open minded as I am... I do not wish to let them adopt children. sorry ;)
Not that I think its wrong or anything, its just ... dunno.. the world is not ready for this yet.
But I pray to god that one finest day Gay's and Lesbians will be as normal as going to McDonald eating an delicious Mc Heimdallr ;)

#20 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

gay marriage should not be in game, but it should be allowed IRL. people have equal rights, discrimation and hate against us will soon end.

#21 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Wow, I didn't intend for this to become a huge gay marriage debate. I know about the taboo and that the developers would never allow it, That's why I'm suggesting an alternative method to skirt around the issue. In the game, instead of a 'Married Couple' two partners would simply be, Buds, Pals, Homies, Brothers, Sisters, etc...

#22 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

gay marriage should not be in game, but it should be allowed IRL. people have equal rights, discrimation and hate against us will soon end.

You say it should be allowed but you then put restrictions on it in something as simple and non important as a game.

#23 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Should just legalize marijuana in iRO, I think it would be a plus!

#24 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm surprised you said celebrate diversity when clearly all the characters in RO are white

#25 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'm surprised you said celebrate diversity when clearly all the characters in RO are white

Watch your words...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users