I'm new here and I was wondering... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I'm new here and I was wondering...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AniLily

AniLily

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Is Ragnarok a lot of fun or Solstice Reborn better? o: Is this games community good?

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

Is this games community good?

That statement is kinda subjective for any MMO. Its about like a garden, there will be a weed or two in the mix.

I don't know this other game so I couldn't make a fair opinion but I enjoy the game mostly for the friends I have though.

#3 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

RUN AWAY DONT JOIN!!! OMG RUN AWAY AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!!

And while you run away, can you please take my beloved kitty with you?

---------

Community is awesome you get a lot of help if you ask nicely but beware of the Forum. Its a trollfarm here :o
Just try it out, give it a ,,14 day trial" and see how you like it. Wont harm you <3

By the way, spend the 7 $ for VIP and join Ymir Server. Do NOT join Valk or Ygg under any circumstances (Expects like 231273123812838912 -1 votes now xD). Ygg/Valk Server is our Free2Play server and so its highly bot and zenyspamm infected.... If you like your eyes and dont want your brain to explode, join Ymir <3

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

Its not subjective at all.

iRO is the best, in all ways we are awesome and we welcome you to our group. VIP is very helpful to getting easier moving around and leveling faster, but best thing is just to get in and go to the Eden Group and talk to players in there and ask for advice (don't beg for items) and you'll likely get some help.

#5 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Not to discourage you or anything but if you join the Valkyrie server you may find yourself ignored by several players when asking for help. This happens occasionally. I see this a lot and when I do I step in to help the player the best I can. As for the forums you have to find that out yourself.

Solstice Reborn?

Edited by Tsurugi, 23 June 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#6 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

RO is a lot of fun, especially with Big Brother Nitro taking care of you. I hope you join Ymir! :)

#7 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

RO is a lot of fun, especially with Big Brother Nitro taking care of you. I hope you join Ymir! :)

I want a big Brother Nitro.

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Any game you join is going to have the few weeds in it.

Obviously we're all here, so we enjoy it. =) It may be frustrating at first, but give yourself some time to learn the game and see how you like it.

Don't listen to people on what server to play... In the end it's your decision.

Ymir is a lot harder to start out new on due to the large number of MVP Cards and God Items other people have. I've heard the community is pretty nice, though, so I really don't think it would be too bad.

Valkyrie has a rather large community with plenty of guilds to suit everyone's tastes. There are a lot of bots, however, but you kind of get used to them. @@ The plus side to the bots is that any cards you want aren't really that hard to get.

Yggdrasil is new and has a very small community who are all also just starting out there. This means the market is too, so a lot of your playing over there is going to be getting your own items and such instead of being able to buy them.

I wish you luck!

#9 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

That statement is kinda subjective for any MMO. Its about like a garden, there will be a weed or two in the mix.

All my garden has in it is weed, oh wait... Wrong weed. XD

Spoiler

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

All my garden has in it is weed, oh wait... Wrong weed. XD

Spoiler

It'll be fine, its going for legalization as we speak Posted Image

#11 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

Not to discourage you or anything but if you join the Valkyrie server you may find yourself ignored by several players when asking for help. This happens occasionally. I see this a lot and when I do I step in to help the player the best I can. As for the forums you have to find that out yourself.

Solstice Reborn?

There's a good chance that a PM like "hey" or "hi, are you there?" is likely to mean: "I have a sales pitch I want to tell you all about. Please respond and I'll proceed to cycle you offers."

#12 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

Do you like awesome old school sprite art?
Do you enjoy being chased by huge mobs of monsters and then killing all of them at once and watching lots of numbers fly around?
Do you enjoy picking up thousands of cute little items dropped by said mobs and selling them to players who need them for other stuff?
Do you enjoy playing several different characters on the same server?
How about a challenge and a game that doesn't hold your hand?
Wearing pretty hats and giving kawaii presents to your friends?
Drinking healing potions like they're air?
Boss monsters that eat low lv explorers for breakfast?

If you said yes to any of this, you might like RO.

#13 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

When it comes to community friendliness, there is nothing like Ymir's community. Don't listen to Ralis, the fact that there are MvP cards and "god items" floating around on Ymir has absolutely no influence on actually starting on a server. You will need a VIP subscription to play Ymir, but you only need it to make a character, and you aren't required to upkeep it to continue playing. If you decide to play Ymir, don't be afraid to pm any of the characters in my sig, I'd be more than happy to introduce you to the game and help you get started.

#14 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

I tried Secret of the Solstice when it came out and it really is just a crappy copy of RO.

RO is much more developped and have much more content!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users