Where are all the WoE guilds?!?! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 11 votes

Where are all the WoE guilds?!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
320 replies to this topic

#1 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

Like the title says, where have all the WoE guilds gone!? Yesterdays WoE (25Jun11) was a huge festival of Zzzzzzs and /dice rolls. Have all the other active WoE guilds gone on vacation or something.

Don't leave us with all the noobie guilds who are too afraid to do anything.

Love,

Your friends in Valkyrie :)

Ps. Noobie guilds, band together and form a super noobie guild! Hit us while we nap and MVP during woe.

#2 Imz0r

Imz0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

you pretty much answered your own question, they were doing there own thing, why bother taking on a guild full of god items and such lol. if you want action, go get action.

although... Only last week or so, alot of the smaller "medium more like it but still" guilds on ymir all merged and allied to try take down Animosity + allys castles, but particularly the 100+ days held castle animosity has lol., twas pretty darn fun even tho we didnt take it down but took the rest of the allys out.

Edited by Imz0r, 26 June 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#3 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

theres really only like 8 real WoE guilds on the server. i think 3 of these obstained courteously last night. there was maybe 3 or 4 random noob guilds with like 5-8 members taking up abandoned castles. i know my guild was busy raiding quite a bit, taking each of these out with the weakest of our ranks acting alone1-man armies. unbound spent the whole time having a cub scout meeting in one of valk's castles. this is the sort of thing that happens when 80% of the WoE population is in one alliance.

#4 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

I saw the cub scout meeting and wanted cookies :mellow:

It would be interesting to see a bunch of medium guilds get together to take us out.

Also having god items doesn't mean were unstoppable. A 150/50 with every single god item and MVP card can still be disabled pretty easily.

#5 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

u shud start WoEing wid YOUR guild!

#6 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Also having god items doesn't mean were unstoppable. A 150/50 with every single god item and MVP card can still be disabled pretty easily.

But doesn't like 1/3 the guild have close to that set up xD?

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

Please Budd, as if you guys don't already know the answer to this. :mellow:

There are no other guilds or alliances capable of taking on the sheer numbers of players (and God Items) you guys have. If you want action, unally the other strongest force on the server and fight with them.

A fight is only fun when you have a chance, but when it's one guild of 30 people going up against three with 40 each... Yeah.

#8 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Wait we have numbers? Yesterday including smokies we barely had 30 and that's with people dual and triple clienting.

As for doing WoE with my own guild I would but they're a non woe guild. Although interesting enough VPG is allied to Valk for some reason and it wasn't my doing lols.

#9 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I even AFKed whole WOE near our fort's entry portal and no one touch my RG til the end, I fell asleep waiting for ppl to come in, theres a few from Jynx and Immaculate but yeah, last WOE's population wasnt fun, it is not about our alliances, it is how ppl choose to still WOE or not coz as you guys know "how our game been ruined by imbalance things"... or maybe most ppl got tired of power-leveling this whole time w/aniv turn-ins skipped WOE to rest... /no1

#10 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

Bull, Budd. D<

I saw at least 35-40 Unbound, 20-25 Smokies and 20-25 Valk.

Edited by Ralis, 26 June 2011 - 10:02 AM.

#11 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Bull, Budd. D<

I saw at least 35-40 Unbound, 20-25 Smokies and 20-25 Valk.

You must have been recounting the same people. Unbound alone had more than Smokies+Valk put together yesterday. We might have had 20 if we counted linkers and warpers that people dualed/tripled on.

Edited by MrBudd, 26 June 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

You wanna know where all the WoE population is at? They're all either in Valk/Smokies/Unbound or Jinx/Remake. By far the most of the WoE population are in Jinx and Unbound. Have you seen the recalls either of these two guilds have pulled off?

What's left of the smaller guilds are constantly being sucked up by these larger guilds. It's pretty much a bandwagon effect. Everyone wanting to join the big guild/alliance with the better supplies and larger numbers. I'm quite surprised you didn't come up with this answer by yourself by now. :mellow:

As for why the WoE population isn't larger, it's because people would rather get to lv140+ before they even attempt to do anything. Otherwise they're worth :( in WoE. Notice how the majority of the lv140+ WoE population are all in either of the two biggest alliances. Unlike the hardcore WoE/levelers, there's no reason for anyone else to rush themselves to lv150 by grinding hours on end without turn in events. Even then, it's not like everyone here doesn't work or goes to college anyways. I know I've got college in the summer to worry about.

Edited by GuardianTK, 26 June 2011 - 11:30 AM.

#13 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

I was half sleeping and just woke up to see someone gfisting my Warlock... then I went back to sleep =S

Un-ally and fight between yourself is quite fun during these days where there's no one to fight...

#14 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Valkyrie guild killed woe for everyone by allying every other large / major threat guild on the server for the sole purpose of econning multiple castles for god items they will never see a real fight with. Jesus you're an old player haven't you seen this episode before?

#15 Chewbacca2

Chewbacca2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

It doesn't make sense for a small guild to walk into the server's best guild who has a lot of god items. And they know they don't stand a chance. 6/21, all the big guilds rolled the smaller guilds and broke all the econs of the castles over and over again. No one's gona say "oh hey lets go hit valkyrie and waste our time and supplies" that's why smaller guilds decide to fight smaller guilds because they have a sense of who they are able to take. Towards the end of 6/21 woe 2, pretty much the smaller guilds were in valf 3 struggling to get a castle.

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

Glad to see I didn't miss much yesterday. Yesterday I came home like one hour late and was too lazy to gear my bishop so I just came on my runeknight geared with leveling gears, grabbed a MP and a beret... and felt lost all woe. Searched and searched, but couldn't find which fort the fights were happening on :mellow:

The big guild can't take small guilds is a myth in my opinion, since in renewal, the number of players often matters more than other things. I don't feel that valky alliance is huge, prerenewal, there were several guild/alliances with larger numbers and fights did happen...

I wish there could really be a prerenewal official server instead of forcing everyone who wants a serious woe to play pservers. Are iRO GMs aware that a preRE server would be more successful than several renewal servers divided?

#17 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

The fact that there are about 20-30 WoE 1.0 God Items in the Valk alliance might also have something to do with it.

Not to mention the MVP Cards.

You have what, three 150 RKs geared with full God Items and Tao Cards spamming Storm Blast, and Manhole doesn't do anything about it.

#18 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Valkyrie guild killed woe for everyone by allying every other large / major threat guild on the server for the sole purpose of econning multiple castles for god items they will never see a real fight with. Jesus you're an old player haven't you seen this episode before?

That kinda sounds familiar... it looks like Ymir's WoE History...

If GM's make a Pre-renewal server, that one won't have any updates since there's no more updates for pre-renewal mechanics...

I wonder if GM's are thinking on merging Valk with Ymir now?

#19 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:00 PM

I hope they don't.

Last thing we need are more MVP Cards and God Items. =/

#20 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

:mellow:

#21 Staymadandbad

Staymadandbad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

No.

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Although numbers count the most, I still have to point out that it is about the levels and not just the numbers. A guild with 40+ players who are a guild average level of 130~ isn't going to stand a chance against a guild with lv140+ players. Especially if said guild has a Wanderer or two with Dazzler(And here we keep hearing about how Wanderers are useless, yet Dazzler can cripple anyone that's at least 5 to 10 levels below them if Dazzler is spammed enough...). Some people just can't deal with status effects due to level differences. White Imprison, Hell Plant, Howling of Mandragora, and/or Crystalization anyone?

Edited by GuardianTK, 26 June 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#23 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

The fact that there are about 20-30 WoE 1.0 God Items in the Valk alliance might also have something to do with it.

Not to mention the MVP Cards.

You have what, three 150 RKs geared with full God Items and Tao Cards spamming Storm Blast, and Manhole doesn't do anything about it.

There are 20 in the alliance and 36 on the entire server. Let's also not forget that half of those were made since the seal change.

As far as numbers go. Smokies had 26 online yesterday, 2 people that were leveling, 5 that were dual cliented. That leaves 19 real players in our castle. Smokies also does not recruit, we never have and never will.

The "other" alliance that consisted of Remake and Jinx, also had UH, SMB, Oddysey and prolly more, I can't remember right now. For almost a month you out numbers us easily 100+ vs 30. The 30 was with valk and smokies merged into one guild. That is how bad our attendance was. So we allied Unbound to even the numbers up some. Then when it's a 100+ vs 80 fight, you guys claim we ally the whole server and start quitting.

#24 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

You seem to have issues whether you're winning or losing.

If you're losing, you complain that we have more people or what not.

When you're winning, you complain everyone's not trying hard enough or something.

You already know your alliance is the best on the server. No need to make crap posts like this to point it out.

It's basically Jinx now. Remake's playing Eden Eternal, Rambo's mostly quit and we unallied UH, Odyssey and SMB. If you truly wanted to fight, you'd unally eachother and have your fights.

Edited by Ralis, 26 June 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#25 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

No, I'm pointing out how -_-ty the other alliance was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users