R.O.S.E. Online Compendium - Page 8 - General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

R.O.S.E. Online Compendium

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#176 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Cool. The spawn points are working now! But there is still the problem with the cut-off drop lists. Do you think you can take a look at that as well?? I'm no expert in this stuff though, so I have no clue on what can be done. But thanks for your hard work!

As far as i know the drop lists are reading all the data in the database.
That isn't to say they are 100% the same as what actually drops in the game.
That all depends on the data that the devs actually supply me with.
They constantly tweak stuff but I only get updates every couple of months or so.

#177 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Server:Draco

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Are you ever going to do a mobile site for opera mini or something for the iphone/ipad?

#178 sushiwarrior

sushiwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

I think the problem though is that the drop lists themselves are cutoff (as in, a display error). I get that it may not be updated, in fact, I couldn't find any "medallions" in the item databases (so far), so I had figured it's not up to date. But to better explain the problem, I'll give you an example. I was looking up the unique gun, Firelock, to find out what drops it. According to the site, various boss monsters drop it, including Behemoth, Varus, and (Elite) Tyrant Warship(/King). But when I navigate to each of those monsters, the gun isn't in their droplist at all, or at least, it isn't being displayed.

Posted Image

Once again, I'm aware that the lists are out of date. But even so, a majority of these items have been dropped by the Elite Tyrant (I've farmed them for 2 days), and among the drops, there were also others and it seems to follow a pattern - there's full sets of armor for Muse and Dealer at level 120, and different versions of each set with different prefixes (Dark, Elven, etc). The current droplist of the Elite Tyrant, or whatever I could see, is cut off at Demon Redfield Chairman Suit, one of two items in that whole list that a dealer can wear. It is missing at least half of the list of items. It's just really weird cuz there isn't even basic items like Lisent Pb that are commonly dropped by the king.

Please, really do take a look at it. I think it may be a display error, similar to the spawn points, rather than to do with the database itself.

#179 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

I think the problem though is that the drop lists themselves are cutoff (as in, a display error). I get that it may not be updated, in fact, I couldn't find any "medallions" in the item databases (so far), so I had figured it's not up to date. But to better explain the problem, I'll give you an example. I was looking up the unique gun, Firelock, to find out what drops it. According to the site, various boss monsters drop it, including Behemoth, Varus, and (Elite) Tyrant Warship(/King). But when I navigate to each of those monsters, the gun isn't in their droplist at all, or at least, it isn't being displayed.

Posted Image

Once again, I'm aware that the lists are out of date. But even so, a majority of these items have been dropped by the Elite Tyrant (I've farmed them for 2 days), and among the drops, there were also others and it seems to follow a pattern - there's full sets of armor for Muse and Dealer at level 120, and different versions of each set with different prefixes (Dark, Elven, etc). The current droplist of the Elite Tyrant, or whatever I could see, is cut off at Demon Redfield Chairman Suit, one of two items in that whole list that a dealer can wear. It is missing at least half of the list of items. It's just really weird cuz there isn't even basic items like Lisent Pb that are commonly dropped by the king.

Please, really do take a look at it. I think it may be a display error, similar to the spawn points, rather than to do with the database itself.

I see what you mean.
It doesn't look as if it's reading properly from the database in the monster preview pane.
I know the actual data is there since the item lists draw from the same table in the DB.
It kind of looks like it's only showing blue item drops. Weird... Probably a screwed up query somewhere.

I will look into it as soon as i get the chance. That could be a while though. I'm in the middle of a very time consuming project at work.
Hopefully it will turn out to be something simple and not need a massive php rewrite.
Feel free to keep bugging me about this or anything else that isn't quite right on my site. Unlike gravity themselves, there's only one dev on my site. little old me :) so I can only deal with one thing at a time and tend to forget stuff when I have a lot of other things on my mind.

I will get to it all eventually.

#180 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

Are you ever going to do a mobile site for opera mini or something for the iphone/ipad?

Hadn't really thought about it.

Quite an intriguing idea actually.
Maybe i can make an iphone app. lol

Wonder what that would entail?

Can't be much more awkward than making it work in dynamic HTML.
TBH I'm much more comfortable programming in VB or C++ than I am in HTML anyway.
Think I might check into what would be needed.
Thanks for the idea.

#181 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Allow me to bug you again about the Item Refine Stats. :)

#182 sushiwarrior

sushiwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

Thanks for the prompt response! I know that you are the only one working on it, so I'll patiently wait for any updates. I do hope that it's a simple problem as well! And if it helps, the drop lists used to "work" as intended, maybe around July, when I first found your site. So it must be something that had happened sometime in between that broke it :).

#183 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for the prompt response! I know that you are the only one working on it, so I'll patiently wait for any updates. I do hope that it's a simple problem as well! And if it helps, the drop lists used to "work" as intended, maybe around July, when I first found your site. So it must be something that had happened sometime in between that broke it :).

Good to know.

Unfortunately breaking stuff is SOOOOOO much easier than fixing it again. :)

#184 fadesurf225

fadesurf225

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationCliche Land
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

Voted 5 stars for this topic. I'd vote 11 stars if it would let me. Thanks again for running your online compendium!

#185 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

Turns out the drops lists were ridiculously easy to fix.
Somehow I had a version that was cutting off the list at 30 entries where in fact some monsters have more than 100 potential items.
The maximum is now set to 117 which should fix all the monsters.

Code has been uploaded and is working fine as far as I can tell.

#186 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hadn't really thought about it.Quite an intriguing idea actually.Maybe i can make an iphone app. lolWonder what that would entail?Can't be much more awkward than making it work in dynamic HTML. TBH I'm much more comfortable programming in VB or C++ than I am in HTML anyway.Think I might check into what would be needed.Thanks for the idea.

I have your site pulled up on my netbook as I play rose on the main computer full screen. Lots of times I been farming for certain types of armour/weapon and needed the drop list from the site. plus, i like checking when stuff drops if it is needed to make anything.

I found another php/mysql error:

http://rose.kuro-tej....php?m=31&i=313

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in (snip)/rose/includes/preview.php on line 432.

Edited by onicdesigns, 12 September 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#187 sushiwarrior

sushiwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

Turns out the drops lists were ridiculously easy to fix.
Somehow I had a version that was cutting off the list at 30 entries where in fact some monsters have more than 100 potential items.
The maximum is now set to 117 which should fix all the monsters.

Code has been uploaded and is working fine as far as I can tell.

Sweet fix! It seems to be working fine now. I really appreciate the work you put into this site!

Out of curiosity, do you know or have an estimate of when your database will get an update?

#188 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

The items, skills, craft tables and stuff like that get updated on a weekly basis usually.

The drops are still over 90% accurate (at an educated guess). most recent changes have just been in the drop rate of certain items and not with the actual items in the list.
Things like the pirate coins get added then deleted now and then but I don't think anything big has been changed since my last database update.

I only get updates from the devs when the changes are quite major. When they finally overhaul the drops is when I expect the next update. Currently I have no idea when that might be <_<

#189 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

I found another php/mysql error that is on several pages not just this one page.

http://rose.kuro-tej....php?m=31&i=313

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in (snip)/rose/includes/preview.php on line 432.

«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««
I got permission to post this

For Firefox users that want to add a custom google search for the site

Visit this website: http://www.scriptsoc...efoxplugins.php

NAME: R.O.S.E. Compendium
DESCRIPTION: Use google to search ROSE Compendium
Version: 1.0
Domain URL: http://rose.kuro-tejina.com/
Upload any 16x16 png that you want as the icon.
Search Input: q
Option Inputs: sitesearch | rose.kuro-tejina.com
Leave the rest blank.
Click: Generate Firefox Search Plugin
Then on top of the form Click on: "Install 'R.O.S.E. Compendium' Firefox Search Plugin"

Then when you need to look something up on the website you can use the search box in firefox and it will just show all the results indexed in google for the website. It works great.

#190 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

--Or Purple could also just put a Google custom search box in the site >.<

#191 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:09 AM

--Or Purple could also just put a Google custom search box in the site >.<

Suppose I could......
Think I have a google search script somewhere in on of my code clips folders.
I kind of like onicdesigns plugin idea though. It's pretty neat.

On the subject of the item refine stats, how would you like to see them displayed?
The actual data is easy enough to put on the site. It's just a question of how precisely.

#192 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

My suggestion is to format it same as the Monster - Spawn - Area - Map - Pop - Up. Only that instead of a map, a table for the refine level appears when clicking on the button "Refine Improvement". :P

The plugin is for Firefox only, it takes away my precious en.wikipedia search bar, and you have to go through all the hassle of making the personal plugin + installing it. Versus having a Custom Search Bar for virtually everyone to use. :Emo_18:

#193 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

OK It's done......

You now have a popup window that displays all the refine stats for every equipable item.

Might need to work on the formatting a bit though. I just wanted the information up as soon as i got it done.

Also updated all the items for the latest patch.

Probably missing some icons still though. i will get those uploaded as soon as i get a chance.

#194 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Anyway of doing a page of the locations of the NPCs?

I found this on another website.
http://narose.free.fr/forum/g_npcs.php

#195 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

Anyway of doing a page of the locations of the NPCs?

I found this on another website.
http://narose.free.fr/forum/g_npcs.php

Yeah that would be pretty easy.
I already have all their locations in my database.
I've been thinking about adding something like that for a while actually.
It could be expanded to include information about what each of them has in their shop too.
Maybe even quest originators.

#196 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

Yeah that would be pretty easy.
I already have all their locations in my database.
I've been thinking about adding something like that for a while actually.
It could be expanded to include information about what each of them has in their shop too.
Maybe even quest originators.

Do you have droprates on the new medals? And if bosses have a different droprate for each?

#197 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

twitch there is no more % droprates available on the site (last i checked), i dont think that Youko even gets them anymore.

#198 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

--Thank you for putting the Refine stats! One question though, i understand that dodge / accuracy is dura - dependent. Are the stats present in the refine window that of a 100% dura item?

#199 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

--Thank you for putting the Refine stats! One question though, i understand that dodge / accuracy is dura - dependent. Are the stats present in the refine window that of a 100% dura item?

The listed stats are actually based on a dura of xero.
The actual accuracy / dodge of any given item will be adjusted upward by an amount equal to Durability * 30%
I can base it on 100% if you would prefer.
It will just add 30 to the base value though so there's really no advantage.
Maybe I should add some text explaining this at the bottom of the window.

#200 PurpleYouko

PurpleYouko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

Do you have droprates on the new medals? And if bosses have a different droprate for each?

I haven't had a drops update in about 6 months -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users