Petition to make the Turn-in events last up to 2 weeks as promised - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Petition to make the Turn-in events last up to 2 weeks as promised

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

This is to gather signature campaign to return the turn-in quests as promised to last until July 5th.

We were expecting that the Bio turn-in will last for 2 weeks but to our dismay, it was cut short. Please keep your promises. You all know that we would not complain if you did not promise us that.

#2 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

It does seem like poor form to explicitly state that the event would last for X period, and then cut it down early. Especially if the only 'event' taking its place is Double Exp + a party system update which won't really entice people to party since there's no push to make us party.

Edited by Scott, 29 June 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#3 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

6.) No Petitioning.
Threads of petitioning for game features, additions, updates, or website and forum changes are not tolerated. Such posts will be removed without warning. The forums contains a Proposal section that maybe used to post your ideas, but creating petitions for others to sign is considered another form of "bumping".

=/

#4 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

Look, my intention here is for their attention that a lot of people want it. They can delete this thread after reading. But this just to let them know that it was a bad move to promise us and breaking it.
I posted it here because NOBODY reads the Proposal Section. also i am not looking for bumps or reputation. those are just numbers that wont mean anything.

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

I would love to have the week of event that was removed. I don't think there was a good reason to remove the event randomly, when they could simply update the party system while keeping the anniversary event as promised.

I wonder what was the reasoning for removing the event, even after realizing so many people were against said removal, really.

Edited by Kadnya, 29 June 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#6 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

They explicitly stated at the beginning of the Anniversary event that they would have a series of turn ins that would last a week long at most, with the exception of the first one because of the maint scheduling change would have made the event like 4 days long.

So either way they would end up being 'liars,' but personally I'd rather they stick with the first thing they said >.>

#7 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

yeah put the bio2 event back in! i wouldnt mind 150ing another char, np np

#8 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:19 PM

They explicitly stated at the beginning of the Anniversary event that they would have a series of turn ins that would last a week long at most, with the exception of the first one because of the maint scheduling change would have made the event like 4 days long.

So either way they would end up being 'liars,' but personally I'd rather they stick with the first thing they said >.>

There's a difference with giving us more than they said, and then taking away what they said they'd give us.

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

They said they would be adding a new turn in every week for anniversary and removing the old turn in. But you are right, they forgot to add this week turn in.

#10 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

No make it permanr TI quest giving out 2% per Turn in..... We gona party all year long... if we have this..

Especialy since the new share exp is realy not that rewarding..Unlest they have alot of single killer in it or going to certain place like nogg / juperos when partying with a Maetro or Wanderer or any class with Aoe that can 1 shot tons of mob]

Partying tend to die when ur killer or healer decide to call it a day..

With perman TI..we will never have any short a mmount of killer or healer looking for partying...

Edited by Dukeares, 30 June 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#11 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:33 AM

Look, my intention here is for their attention that a lot of people want it. They can delete this thread after reading. But this just to let them know that it was a bad move to promise us and breaking it.
I posted it here because NOBODY reads the Proposal Section. also i am not looking for bumps or reputation. those are just numbers that wont mean anything.

good luck with that. im sure the gms will appeal to your "waaaaaaaaaaahhh it said 2 weeks waaaaaaah" defense and have a special maint just to put it back in

#12 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

I'm suprised more people are not in an uproar over this. Personally I never made the +7 Ygg hat (though i tried), but many did and were working on base or job alone because they were under the impression they'd have more time. Now they're stuck in a situation where they get their remaining XP slowly because they cannot stack it.

#13 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

The reason the TI's were taken away was because of the shear magnitude of people that decided to abuse the ani bug. The magnitude made it so no individual punishment could be done so they removed the TI instead. The reason in removing the TI's was so the people that spent the week abusing that bug couldn't just roll over and do turn ins the following week. So effectively the ones who decided to abuse the bug missed out on the turn ins.

#14 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

How does that make sense exactly? Where did you hear this reasoning?

Edited by Nombus, 30 June 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#15 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

How does that make sense exactly? Where did you hear this reasoning?

why wouldn't it make sense? That was about all they could do since the +7 ygg hat was effectively for turn ins and people decided to abuse the quest that gave it out. It was for other things as well that were Kafra shop orientated too, so they basically lost money on that one.

Also people with that dumb excuse that they didn't know that the quest was bugged/not working as intended. So you know what the GM's did? they make up a dumb excuse too and said they didn't know the turn ins were supposed to go on another week.

Edited by TrueMaster, 30 June 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#16 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

I don't think "promise" was ever used. We got x2 exp, x3 for VIP.

#17 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

I'm in support. They gave us a pretty good reason to make a +7 Yggdrasil crown, and now it's pointless after a single week's use. I love 2x exp event and all, but one week duration of turnins was too short.

#18 Piers

Piers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationEmsworth

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

That would explain why the NPC for the quests suddenly dissapeared yet the area is still available. (At least with Orc Village)

Bummer. I only ever go back to RO specifically during Turn In events since partying is abundent.

#19 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Well, Independence Day & Canada Day are here...I'm sure we'll get something ^^!

#20 Iboo

Iboo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Oh well, It was a fun while it lasted.

#21 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

Too bad for some of us who were planning based on the original duration heim stated (until the 5th), the turn in lasted zero days...

#22 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

NO

1/2 EXP + 2/3 exp in 12 person even share party = 74% of normal monster worth. with restrictions on what you are killing and walk back times

This week

2x exp event 12 person event share = 64% normal monster worth without any restriction on kill target and walk back times.

If you have the quests for the turnins you can still complete the turnin and on the 5th we will have an NPC to give you the exp for the completed quest (though he won't give yo uthe quest again), the ygg Crown has its large heal bonus still as well.

#23 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

NO

1/2 EXP + 2/3 exp in 12 person even share party = 74% of normal monster worth. with restrictions on what you are killing and walk back times

This week

2x exp event 12 person event share = 64% normal monster worth without any restriction on kill target and walk back times.

If you have the quests for the turnins you can still complete the turnin and on the 5th we will have an NPC to give you the exp for the completed quest (though he won't give yo uthe quest again), the ygg Crown has its large heal bonus still as well.

Heim:

12 people party exist during turn ins.

12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 people parties never exist on real RO. Umm, they existed prerenewal on bios, but in renewal, there isn't a need for large parties at all. So direct exp calculations aren't true ^^;.

#24 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

LOL! For some reason, that big "NO" from Heim was scary as hell. =x

#25 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Heim:

12 people party exist during turn ins.

12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 people parties never exist on real RO. Umm, they existed prerenewal on bios, but in renewal, there isn't a need for large parties at all. So direct exp calculations aren't true ^^;.

Well, he had mentioned they were going to monitor the exp gains during this week compared to last week, so I'm sure he has some kind of hard evidence to back up his position. Personally I have seen zero parties larger than 3 people leveling in abyss lake in my 5 trips down there, and I have seen zero parties in bio2 since maintenance. Perhaps I just happen to log on at the wrong time and there are multiple 12 person parties ongoing while I'm away.

Of course, the gms should know better than anybody how many big parties are being formed.

e: He also mentioned something about challenging players so that 12 person parties would be required, but I don't think that made it into this maintenance.

Edited by Shane, 01 July 2011 - 10:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users