Upgrading and how to encourage it - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Upgrading and how to encourage it

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

Wealth was always a factor. I'd rather get something because I worked hard for it, than work a little for a CHANCE at getting it. Based on my upgrading/slotting luck in the past, I'd GLADLY pay 100m for an item I would otherwise have to pay 10m for a 10% shot at getting the same item.

#27 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Techically you buy 300HD Ores your only 70% ish chance of getting to +9. Now if you happen to be in the 30% that dont get it done its a real downer.

I dont want a system that gets everyone on server in +15 gears.

My main though for the idea was that the game had a mechanic that basically says 'ok you've spent enough HD ores that your beyond the spending point where 70-80% of the time you would of got the upgrade, so we're going to give you this one too keep you playing and not ruin your day'.

The values given where just round figures they could easily be set higher or lower. I just though it would be a nice idea so people dont get quiet as upset following a bad luck streak.

#28 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

It may sound good from a sale point and it should be fine if kvm is not allowed to be upgraded or of the cap for this on a kvm is 9. The game does not need more +12-14 kvm weapons unless somethin is done from a reduction standpoint

#29 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

Maybe they could keep the system the way it is but offer the option to pay 1mil zeny per attempt for a 10% bonus to the current upgrade rate. Something like that may help a bit. I know 10% is low but a lot of people would use it lol. They would have to disclose the actual rate if they did that though. Likely will not happen.

#30 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

About KVM:

Why does all the other gear with refining effect caps at +10 [Stat boost by refine (Liek Green Maiden, Kathryne Keyron), some whips (Eletric Eel / Carrot Whip) and other weapons and armor and stuff], while KVM gear caps at +14?

Are they afraid of Arrow Vulcan level 20? hehe~

Edited by asayuu, 30 June 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#31 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Techically you buy 300HD Ores your only 70% ish chance of getting to +9. Now if you happen to be in the 30% that dont get it done its a real downer.

This happened to me. Twice.

And I still think the system is fine. Bad luck happens. We deal with it.

#32 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

its not.. most of them have only +2% damage vs demi human per upgrade as their effects beyond +9. A few, like cure wand, have an effect at +10, but then are just +2% after that, still.

I assure you, it's much more powerful than that. This refers to physical damage dealing weapons. I'm not sure what the hell magic users get.

#33 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Actually, it's +2%/refine for magic users (Destruction).

For physical, it's:

Slaughter Level 1: Square of (X-4)
Slaughter Level 2: Square of (X-3)

Where X is the refine level.

Let's think about any normal KVM weapon with Slaughter 1. In +6 (Refine level which procs Slaughter) it adds 2*2 = 4% damage to demi-humans (Like, the 95% from the whip).

In +9, it adds (5*5) = 25% instead of that 4%. To +10, (6*6 = 36%)... +14 (The cap from KVM)... 10*10 = 100%.

So a +14 KVM whip deals 195% damage against demi-humans and 20% bypassing defense. [Even so, Arrow Vulcan with it is a crap ^_^]

I don't know why KVM caps at +14 while most other gears cap at +10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users