What are the little things that annoy you? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

What are the little things that annoy you?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

The purpose of this thread is to give gravity feedback on what little annoying things result in your game play experience being less enjoyable.

Edit: Please +1 or post agreement with replies that have bits personally annoying to you, so that the most annoying things can be fixed first.

I'll start:
1) missing buff/debuff icons - mandragora howl, stasis, elemental proof potions, soul link, millenium shield, etc.

2) buffs lost on map server change - fury, preserve, soul link, elemental proof potions, etc.

3) being unable to instantly end an NPC chat sequence - accidentally clicking an NPC and being "stuck" spamming enter

4) one-at-a-time NPC exchange (sometimes through excessive NPC chat dialogue sequences) - Arunafeltz Desert Sandwich, Rune Strawberry Shortcake, Schwartzwald Pine Jubilee, upgrading via normal elu/ori, "Ben Recycle" NPC, "click and drag" buying/selling from NPCs

Edited by jax5, 30 June 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

• Teleporting or Fly Winging onto a portal - This is very annoying on maps where it's difficult to get back (ex. clock tower)
  • The Teleport dialogue box - We want to hotkey level 1 and 2 separately and skip the annoying dialogue box. With creamy card (tele 1) if I push my teleport button that means I want to teleport! There's no need for the cancel option.
  • It's time to add another row of HOTKEYS - Seriously.
  • Update hotkey modifiers Shift and CTRL - Each hotkey modifier effectively doubles our keyboard space. (Alt Shift CTRL) For example, the A button can also become the Alt-A button. Currently, the only usable modifier is Alt, because the other modifiers hinder player movement. Try walking around while holding Shift or CTRL. You can't. Try targeting somebody with a skill while holding Shift. You can't.
  • Give Severe Rainstorm a casting circle on the ground - It targets the ground. Every other AoE has a casting circle.
  • Fix the displayed Sp in the Skill Tree - For skills that are level selectable (ie Heal, Occult Impaction) the SP consumption that is displayed in the skill window only shows the correct amount for your highest skill level learned. It should update the correct amount as you toggle through each level.
  • Give all monsters a pair of Eddga shoes - Monster flinching causes way more problems than anything else. It position bugs them, allows them to jump over fire and anything else, and we get killed in the process.

Edited by Nymmastal, 30 June 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#3 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

• The chat bar staying open after I press the enter button. This was not an issue in battlemode pre renewal. This is not an issue in other games. Should not be an issue now.
  • The fact that I cannot remap the text enter button as something OTHER than enter that isn't all the way across the keyboard. I think F12 and Caps Lock are the most convenient keys on my keyboard for this.

#4 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

getting killed in woe, respawning and still being dead so you have to relog

#5 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Having to delete mails one by one. There should be a "Delete all messages" button.

#6 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Accidently clicking on respawn to savepoint upon dieing.

#7 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Accidently clicking on respawn to savepoint upon dieing.

Isn't there as confirmation window that pops up now, unlike prerenewal?

#8 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

fixed cast time and after cast delay......... ODA ,HEIN LET ME SHOW YOU THIS CARD:
Posted Image
ACTUALLY SORCS AND OTHER CLASSES NEEDS 2 OF THEN PLUS STRINGS AND OTHER SUTFF TO REDUCE AFTERCAST DELAY

BUT GUESS WHAT?????? GENETICS HAVE CERO AFTERCAST DELAY (except mandragora howling wich was balanced) genetics needs fixed cast times and aftercast delay, ACTUALLY THEY IGNORES RACIAL REDUCTION TOO, i just ask for a balance in cast times, THATS ALL

MAGIC USERS NEEDS A MVP CARD TO PIERCE MAGICAL DEFENSE, AND THAT CARD DONT WORK IN PVP,WOE WTF?????????????????????????
magic users need more gears and sources...

Edited by Mefistofeles, 30 June 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#9 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

Position bugging on the player

Sir I'll see your Kiel card and raise you

Posted Image

Get at that accessory goodness

Edited by Cubical, 30 June 2011 - 02:04 PM.

#10 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Position bugging on the player

Sir I'll see your Kiel card and raise you

Posted Image

Get at that accessory goodness

IM NOT HOMO, BUT THAT CARD ITS ONE THE MOST SEXY THINGS I EVER SEEN XD

#11 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

try x2 in your pocket awww yeaa

but yea bards strings should be like having x2 bee cards in a 5x5? song area. I would be the happiest and would make sweet love to a dance class that flashes them for me

Edited by Cubical, 30 June 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#12 Wylnir

Wylnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Switching chat mode (general/party/guild). Is there anyway to switch mode without clicking that little tiny dot on the edge of the chat bar?

#13 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Losing Kaahi on disconnect ; ;
Losing Soul Links on map change

Edited by Trixdee, 30 June 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#14 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

The party set-up window being glued to the right-side of the Party/Friend window.

...Just... why did this happen? It's a pointless change that does nothing but deny you from putting the party window anywhere on the bottom or right edges of the screen.

#15 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Switching chat mode (general/party/guild). Is there anyway to switch mode without clicking that little tiny dot on the edge of the chat bar?

You can hold down Alt or Ctrl when you hit 'Enter'. Other than that...

#16 shawno1984

shawno1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

Getting killed by DBed monsters in low-level starter zones, they should disable DB in zones level 15 and under at least

#17 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

Having a low amount of high level monsters on a map mostly populated by monsters that are much lower level than said high monsters. Lookin at you high orcs.

Magic cast time in comparison to melee cast time. Magic cast time should be much faster.

GTB existing. Who thought it was a good idea to give a card that kind of effect?

#18 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

1) Neutral barrier not being a 7x7 AoE with 0 cooldown.

#19 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

• Give Severe Rainstorm a casting circle on the ground - It targets the ground. Every other AoE has a casting circle.

Posted Image

Hehe~ Look the print. Severe Rainstorm has a casting circle.

1- Wanderer/Maestro buffs are pointless to use. Except Gloomy [One horrible buff created, because it has a class restriction, KRO patch is coming to transform that into a full debuff, pretty awesome though~], no other skills are really needed in a party. Come on~ We are support classes too.

2- Skill damages are not proportional to their cast times. Jack Frost is way faster than Storm Gust, having one higher DPS, depending of the target. Also. Compare Crimson Rock to Meteor Storm.

3- No pre-renewal skill should have fixed casting time (Except the ones clearly said having fixed cast, like Kaizel, Kaite~). Maybe 0.25s or 0.5s would be okay.

4- In the other hand. No third class [strong] skill should not have cast time. [Yes, this is for you, Overbrand]

5- Upgrades should be good, but not obligatory to the point of the "old" become "useless" [Read: GX]

6- Hehe~ I use /sit to sit. I forgot the Insert was the original button to sit. Because it fails when I have chatbox on~

Edit: Forgot the print~ hehe~ /shy

Edited by asayuu, 30 June 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#20 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Position lag.

Low spawns. It makes me feel like I am hunting endangered species and then I feel bad. ((Really though, it's just annoying.))

Stupidly low proc on certain gear that grants an effect, like Gryphon Hat.

Tedious, long, drawn out quests that give laughably low EXP.

#21 eternit1

eternit1

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

I would like to say the addition of new status icons such as Shield Reflect status icon is great because kro got it really late yet iro was able to get it quickly. It makes iro more complete and professional. Keep it up!

#22 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

I demand genetics to have fixed cast time and delay on their skills, how come they can have instant cast time all the time with hammer?
I hope Exceed break bug in weapon swiching is fixed also, buff matk for mage classes and Reflect damage able to be dispeled...

#23 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

Position lag.

This! I feel like lag shouldn't play a role in choosing skills. At least, given how easily and how often this problem occurs (and that monsters' movement cannot always be stopped by getting hit or even frozen - e.g. walking frozen monsters in a storm gust - whereas player movement can), in the case of a mage, right now I'll probably always recommend fire wall over safety wall because at least the orientation of FW will give away whether you're at a given position or not. With safety wall, there is no indication that you're on the "wrong cell" until you get hit (at which point, given mage class HP tables) is often too late, and no real way to tell you're on the "correct" cell until you actually stop taking hits.

tl/dr: Position lag shouldn't play a role in keeping a skill from being as good as it's supposed to be.

#24 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

skill and item descriptions being excessively vague, incomplete or just plain wrong. theres hundreds of edits that need to be made to make these things perfectly clear

examples:
1:consumables need exact range for recovery displayed on them, so it is obvious potatoes are better than apples.
2:first high job link isnt clear as to it's effect.
3:grand cross skill says it does 500% damage at lvl 10, actually only does more like 100% per hit and theres some retarded rules for how it determines hits on a monster that arent in the description either.

you have to change to a 3rd job to get to base level 150, preventing access to end game content from all but 13 of the 71 playable classes in this game. thats 58 classes you'll never see with a lvl 150 aura on. this game used to be like a sandbox, basicly allowing you to do whatever you want, go wherever you want and build your character in whatever way you choose. every time theres an update now theres more and more restriction being placed into this game. many many new items only available to one or two classes, not class trees but single classes. theres far too much restriction in this game now and it's about time we have this relaxed a bit. level restriction is one thing, you can always level up (atleast to 99) but class is something that doesnt change so easily.

many many skills for expanded classes need rebalancing for renewal, the new matk formula has killed magic ninjas and the inability too go beyond level 99 has hampered their usefulness further. the vast majority of linker links are utter :P, this whole system needs rethinking, perhaps each of the links being some manner of buff usefull for the classes they are named for, remove the class specific restrictions of them so they can be cast on any class and allow each link to stack with other links.

offscreen casting bug: if you cast a skill with a long cast time like OH I DONT KNOW... LOV or something, anyone that walks onscreen after you begin casting will not see that you are casting, begin attacking your carefully herded mob and-_- you out for KSing them when it finally goes off. yeah, people are that retarded.

items with chance to do anything are far too high chance to do nothing. i-_- about this all the time. the chances need to be much higher. the one bolt you get out of whatever random item that you have equipped every 100 or so hits that does a whole 40 damage is not worth using said item when theres EQUIPMENT WITH STATS TWICE AS GOOD BOUGHT FROM NPC. greed hats should spam greed constantly, bolts should rain from the sky from fireblend/ice falchion, kettle hat should keep you constantly in water. peach tree card should proc enough to keep your HP up. this entire class of items is a boatload of fail.

gravity US staff is completely helpless when it comes to making any changes to game content/mechanics/formulae/etc in response to the western play style. it's not their fault either, it's gravity of korea's. iRO should have been a derivative work from the start, we should have had our own dev team making changes and producing new content that appeals to a western audience. we wait an obscene amount of time for updates and translations of content completely unrelated to us and often inapplicable to our desires and play styles, renewal is possibly the bigest example of this. nobody wanted renewal as a whole, some of the content was wanted but much of the game mechanic changes threw everyone through a loop requiring both stat and skill resets and complete relearning of the roles of each character class. nearly every class has a role now opposite of what it was pre-renewal. as far as i can tell this game will never be balanced.

DEX was heavily nerfed with renewal. melee classes could expect to get 1 ASPD out of every 15 or so dex added, independent of AGI. as it is now, it takes an obscene amount of DEX just to gain 1 ASPD, somewhere on the order of twice as much as the amount of AGI you have due to an obvious -_-up in the ASPD calculations. if you have 40 AGI and want 1 more ASPD you'd have to get over 80 DEX. increasing AGI from this point actually lowers the effectiveness of ASPD from dex requiring even more to keep that one more ASPD. in addition to this, the old system of having random damage based on your weapon damage is gone. DEX used to raise the minimum damage by a good amount, i forget exactly how much but it was something like 1.5 points per dex plus some bonus at certain points. instead now we get some -_-ty amount of matk and +1 damage every 5 points or so. this killed the option of the DEX based melee build.

damage can now be reduced below 1 in WoE situations. status effect (quad stun/poison/curse/etc) weapons are made useless vs certain high def classes because they cant even do 1 damage to the target. 0 damage is treated as a miss, this is a horrible mechanic and needs fixing.

theres a ton more that annoys me but this is already tl;dr

#25 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

skill and item descriptions being excessively vague, incomplete or just plain wrong. theres hundreds of edits that need to be made to make these things perfectly clear

examples:
1:consumables need exact range for recovery displayed on them, so it is obvious potatoes are better than apples.
2:first high job link isnt clear as to it's effect.
3:grand cross skill says it does 500% damage at lvl 10, actually only does more like 100% per hit and theres some retarded rules for how it determines hits on a monster that arent in the description either.

you have to change to a 3rd job to get to base level 150, preventing access to end game content from all but 13 of the 71 playable classes in this game. thats 58 classes you'll never see with a lvl 150 aura on. this game used to be like a sandbox, basicly allowing you to do whatever you want, go wherever you want and build your character in whatever way you choose. every time theres an update now theres more and more restriction being placed into this game. many many new items only available to one or two classes, not class trees but single classes. theres far too much restriction in this game now and it's about time we have this relaxed a bit. level restriction is one thing, you can always level up (atleast to 99) but class is something that doesnt change so easily.

many many skills for expanded classes need rebalancing for renewal, the new matk formula has killed magic ninjas and the inability too go beyond level 99 has hampered their usefulness further. the vast majority of linker links are utter :P, this whole system needs rethinking, perhaps each of the links being some manner of buff usefull for the classes they are named for, remove the class specific restrictions of them so they can be cast on any class and allow each link to stack with other links.

offscreen casting bug: if you cast a skill with a long cast time like OH I DONT KNOW... LOV or something, anyone that walks onscreen after you begin casting will not see that you are casting, begin attacking your carefully herded mob and-_- you out for KSing them when it finally goes off. yeah, people are that retarded.

items with chance to do anything are far too high chance to do nothing. i-_- about this all the time. the chances need to be much higher. the one bolt you get out of whatever random item that you have equipped every 100 or so hits that does a whole 40 damage is not worth using said item when theres EQUIPMENT WITH STATS TWICE AS GOOD BOUGHT FROM NPC. greed hats should spam greed constantly, bolts should rain from the sky from fireblend/ice falchion, kettle hat should keep you constantly in water. peach tree card should proc enough to keep your HP up. this entire class of items is a boatload of fail.

gravity US staff is completely helpless when it comes to making any changes to game content/mechanics/formulae/etc in response to the western play style. it's not their fault either, it's gravity of korea's. iRO should have been a derivative work from the start, we should have had our own dev team making changes and producing new content that appeals to a western audience. we wait an obscene amount of time for updates and translations of content completely unrelated to us and often inapplicable to our desires and play styles, renewal is possibly the bigest example of this. nobody wanted renewal as a whole, some of the content was wanted but much of the game mechanic changes threw everyone through a loop requiring both stat and skill resets and complete relearning of the roles of each character class. nearly every class has a role now opposite of what it was pre-renewal. as far as i can tell this game will never be balanced.

DEX was heavily nerfed with renewal. melee classes could expect to get 1 ASPD out of every 15 or so dex added, independent of AGI. as it is now, it takes an obscene amount of DEX just to gain 1 ASPD, somewhere on the order of twice as much as the amount of AGI you have due to an obvious -_-up in the ASPD calculations. if you have 40 AGI and want 1 more ASPD you'd have to get over 80 DEX. increasing AGI from this point actually lowers the effectiveness of ASPD from dex requiring even more to keep that one more ASPD. in addition to this, the old system of having random damage based on your weapon damage is gone. DEX used to raise the minimum damage by a good amount, i forget exactly how much but it was something like 1.5 points per dex plus some bonus at certain points. instead now we get some -_-ty amount of matk and +1 damage every 5 points or so. this killed the option of the DEX based melee build.

damage can now be reduced below 1 in WoE situations. status effect (quad stun/poison/curse/etc) weapons are made useless vs certain high def classes because they cant even do 1 damage to the target. 0 damage is treated as a miss, this is a horrible mechanic and needs fixing.

theres a ton more that annoys me but this is already tl;dr

WOW I JUST CAN SAY WOW, I AGREE... GMS ARE REALLY USLESS IN DEV.... even the mandragora howling balance was stated as "temporal" until this episode hits...THIS IS INTERNATIONAL, IRO should have more power dev, than korea...... HQ OR NOT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users