pinkxel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

I don't know if this is something iRO has any control over, or if it's solely up to kRO, but I would most definitely like to see a change to the Guild Window. It's archaic by any MMO standards, and is prettymuch the ONE thing that could sorely use an update.

Issue #1 - not enough Guild Titles & redundant Tabs

How about instead of having a Guildsmen Info Tab and a Position Tab, they are combined, so that player info, a customizable title for that player, adjustable tax% per player, etc. is all on ONE larger (width-wise at least) Tab. It would make things SO much easier. 17 spots for custom titles and taxes for ALL of your guild members is definitely something that fails hard, esp. when you have a full guild of 50+ members. Everyone wants a custom title, and as a Guild Leader, it's a chore to keep everyone happy and also keep within the limits, and frankly, that kind of drama is needless and annoying. :dunno:

Issue #2 - Guild Notice Tab

This one bothers me a lot. I like to keep my Guild up-to-date and informed of all the goings on both in RO, and within the guild... I find that having the Guild Notice pop up every time you change maps is annoying, and as such, some people turn it off and then never see what's going on. Also, it lacks space, so there's really only so much you can put in it.

Instead of having it be something that you enter text into and it gets posted into your chat log, it would be MUCH better if it were just a large text space that was available to the guild leader to write whatever they wished into it, and guild members could read it at their leisure.

Other Guild-Related things that would be awesome:

Guild Storage/Bank
Some sort of editable Calendar in the Guild Tab for setting up Guild Events (or even just an Events List)

That's pretty much all I've got for now... I invite others to add their two cents, and hopefully Heim or someone else can discuss with us! :blink:

Thanks!

Edited by pinkxel, 30 June 2011 - 01:53 PM.

#2 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

Too much time with the same window system, it does need a little upgrade, but that was supuessed to happen in renewal.

#3 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Guild titles should be special, in my opinion... Yea, everyone wants them, but the point of having one is supposed to mark that you've earned it. At least I think so.

But I agree about the guild notice window. I don't think it needs more space necessarily (I know many people who keep them turned off because they take up too much of the chat window already), but it does need to be reformatted so the text wraps around as you type. Also it should just stop accepting text when you run out of characters. It's annoying having to guess when I've reached the limit.

#4 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

A wider guild window would make using recall rather hard, considering that now the screen blocks far to much of your screen already.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Make it so Recall can be hotkeyed please. It's not like some guild leaders aren't using unethical ways to use Recall without having to open up the guild skill menu manually for it already anyways.

#6 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Make the guild windows so that you can RESIZE it ~!!
It's a pain to scroll up and down thru the entire list.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

I could have sworn years ago there was supposed to be an update to the guild window system and also extending the max number of players in a guild from 56 to X, where is the number I can't remember xD

Does anyone remember this? Or was I dreaming?

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 June 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#8 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

I agree, it really could use a little sprucing up along with separate timers for all guild skills and maybe make the guild skills hot key able...but that's a different thread entirely. But for something like this I think jRO or kRO proper would probably have to be doing most of the complaining.

#9 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Only recall should have that 5 minute cooldown. All other [active] skills are so weak to have 5 minutes cooldown. Maybe the fake magnificat (and others) should have 2 minutes cooldown.

Also, it should have a option that each guild member could set on or off and then we could find it on the map. [Like we do with party members, we want to be able to do with guildies]

And yes, that window should be totally remade. The guild members page is too small and bad oriented.

The guild notice should always be the first thing that appears when you press ALT+G.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users