MajinHank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFresh Meadows
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

Admins, hear me out on this one. Can you please make a dead branch arena, and make that map the only map where you can use Dead/Bloody Branches. It's pretty annoying when you're low leveled and training at some field, and a Banshee come out of nowhere and beats the virginity out of you!

#2 shawno1984

shawno1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

I just started playing on Valk a week ago, and I can honestly say that during my low levels (10-50) I died more from DB monsters than from the stuff I was actually fighting. It was very frustrating, and if it weren't for the fact that I've played before and understand how they work, I probably would have just quit instead... this is a terrible feature when new players can join and get one-shotted by powerful monsters in the low level zones

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Even if you disabled the Dead/Bloody Branches on a field map, people would find a way to polymorph the monsters that spawn there to get around that.

#4 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Dead Branches to kill BOTTERS !!!!!
If GMs will do nothing about them, then the players SHALL DO IT THEIR OWN WAY. MUWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

#5 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

Yeah something should be done. Not as bad as it used to be, but still bad. People do it either to be jerks, or because "I kill teh botz lols!", not realizing that bots don't suffer from this, they just respawn endlessly, while actual players get a bad impression of the game and might just quit. :P

#6 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Yeah something should be done. Not as bad as it used to be, but still bad. People do it either to be jerks, or because "I kill teh botz lols!", not realizing that bots don't suffer from this, they just respawn endlessly, while actual players get a bad impression of the game and might just quit. :P

Not to mention the DBs that are usually sold by the botters to generate zeny to sell for cash. You'd probably do more damage to them by not buying a thing they sell then by messing with their collectors.

EDIT: That being said, I miss having large amounts of DBs on my server. We used to have so much fun getting large groups to try and kill of 2k monsters at a time.

Edited by Makk, 30 June 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#7 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

DBs, when they're not used to be an ass, are a very fun item.

As for killing botters, this does. not. work. EVER. Bots can instantly flywing. Real players can't. You just make the bots stronger when you do this by kicking *everyone else* off the map.

#8 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Doesn't happen on Ymir. Just sayin.

#9 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

I remember when DB used to be able to be used in towns. NOT ANYMORE.

#10 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

Admins, hear me out on this one. Can you please make a dead branch arena, and make that map the only map where you can use Dead/Bloody Branches. It's pretty annoying when you're low leveled and training at some field, and a Banshee come out of nowhere and beats the virginity out of you!

why? bwing. PROBLEM SOLVED! too cheap for those? quit

Edited by BlackPotato, 01 July 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#11 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

I think anything that has been done on pserver won't see the day here. If they come up with a solution, my bet is that it's going to be different than a DB arena; perhaps better, who knows?

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

Disabling Dead branches would be another way to just remove a fun item for people who don't abuse it, and keep people who grief others with dozens of ways to grief. Solves nothing, but removes another bit of fun from RO.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:18 AM

I never really had trouble avoiding dead branch monsters when I played Valkyrie. It definitely was annoying though. But after a while I came to expect them and had fly wings on hand and walked close to the walls etc so I could slip past them.

They are most definitely an inconvenience. I think the people complaining they ruined their day or ruined the game entirely for them because they couldn't get past a certain map are being slightly dramatic.

That said, if dead branch monsters were like the mushrooms, and died after 5 minutes even if morphed, that would probably be good. I mean, if you're spawning monsters for fun, you should be able to kill anything from a dead branch within 5 minutes, right? No sense in ruining a map till maint if you get something you for some reason can't fight, such as a bio3 monster.

#14 Piers

Piers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationEmsworth

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

Wot Mwrip sed. Just take Dead Branches out of the game. They're fun but they're also useless - in practicality, at least.

#15 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

Wot Mwrip sed. Just take Dead Branches out of the game. They're fun but they're also useless - in practicality, at least.

Umm... in my opinion, if they are fun, they are not worthless... anything that makes a game fun isn't worthless...

#16 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

Am I the only person with a Flywing on hotkey here ??? (F4 key, actually xD)
Geeez

#17 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

The only people who complain about dead branches are noobs. Anyone else would fwing or know why there was a random monster in a field and brush it off like nothing. Back when I first joined iRO and dead branches were usable in towns and dungeons, (oh my god payon dungeon was always infested with dead branch trolls) I thought it was hilarious to die to that sort of thing, then watch people try to come in and kill them off and fail miserably.

If dead branches rub you the wrong way, then RO isn't the game for you. There are far more annoying things to be worrying about IMO. However, I wouldn't mind a dead branch arena. I still think dead branching in south pront has become somewhat of a tradition, though.

Edited by Daize, 01 July 2011 - 07:02 AM.

#18 Aqualys

Aqualys

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

I think only the veterans of the game don't mind random monsters walking around too much because they know how to deal with them, or have enough gameplay experience to know how to fly wing, or otherwise avoid them in general.

The problem is for the new players. It *is* frustrating to start a game, find monsters you can handle to fight, and suddenly you get OHKO'd by something ridiculously overpowered (for the area), not knowing the concept of dead branches. It is frustrating when you don't know, and when you aren't experienced. This is where this becomes an issue, in my opinion, because it leads to confusion and frustration. A new player will start wondering what they did wrong in their stats, or think the game is just too complicated to figure out with maps having such large range of monster difficulty, or whatever.

#19 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Dead Branches to kill BOTTERS !!!!!
If GMs will do nothing about them, then the players SHALL DO IT THEIR OWN WAY. MUWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

quite true actually. :P
btw mvp/high lvl monster came out from nowhere rarely happen right?
newbies supplied with ample of fly wing.
use it, accept it as training for escape from unexpected danger :P which u will face it so many times later when reaching lvl.75+).

Edited by razirazo, 01 July 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

Having caught a few bots myself, I can safely say tht the vast majority of them are not stopped or slowed by Deadbranches/Polymorphs/etc. They teleport away.

Ironically, most of the deadbranches used in the attempt to stop botters was probably originally farmed by a bot. If you see the merch sflkjefle sitting in town selling 5000 DBs at once, maybe you might want to not buy from them.

I think DBs lend a bit of danger and unpredictability that would be a bit of a shame to lose from the game.

#21 valgissn

valgissn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Dead branches should be changed to spawn killer aggressive porings that do 9999 dmg per hit then.

#22 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

Having caught a few bots myself, I can safely say tht the vast majority of them are not stopped or slowed by Deadbranches/Polymorphs/etc. They teleport away.

Ironically, most of the deadbranches used in the attempt to stop botters was probably originally farmed by a bot. If you see the merch sflkjefle sitting in town selling 5000 DBs at once, maybe you might want to not buy from them.

I think DBs lend a bit of danger and unpredictability that would be a bit of a shame to lose from the game.

Yes my good friend sflkjefle. I have seen bots named like this. But what about the clever botters with real names? Or the others who sell the db's to buying shops and then are resold by the non botters who bought them from botters? Although a db room sounds nice it wont stop this problem. not even close.

#23 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

This is one of the main reasons I left Valkyrie, as this was where I commonly saw this behavior. The branching I saw first hand often had nothing to do with bots but petty vengeance. Mad at the party that didn't invite you cause they were full? BB them! Yes, I remember a party back when I first started where this actually happened. A sin cloaked and branched the entire gator map. I was not amused. The leader did not say ewww you stink go away nub, he said the party was FULL. <.< Many times they are used as a revenge tool for something ridiculous.

Edited by Trixdee, 02 July 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#24 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

I think it's fun when someone breaks tons of dead branches in south prontera. What I dont enjoy is when I am leveling a newbie I get tons of mobs spawned on me because someone thinks I am bot without even talking to me.

#25 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

I think it's fun when someone breaks tons of dead branches in south prontera. What I dont enjoy is when I am leveling a newbie I get tons of mobs spawned on me because someone thinks I am bot without even talking to me.

ahaha..
I used to be treated like that too, just because i'm "too silent". :P
lol its hard to keep chatting with everyone when u need to concentrate with your objective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users