Everyone needs an easier way to get kvm weapons - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Everyone needs an easier way to get kvm weapons

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Staymadandbad

Staymadandbad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

Alright, so you need 400 kvm match wins, in order to recieve enough to get your kvm weapon. 5 minute cooldown between matches. you can do approximately 10 - 12 kvm wins per hour, IF NOBODY else plays for a certain amount of hours straight, and you have dedicated people continuously helping farm it.

400 wins / 10/12 per hour = 33.3/40 hours of straight farming. Non-stop to achieve. This is un necessary, boring, and mind-numbing to waste that many hours of life, doing nothing but a VERY BORING wait grind.

Imagine breaking, at the very least, about 3-4 kvm weapons, (so really you wasted all those hours LOL @ you says the system) where you threw your hours of life away, and hoped for a rivaling competing weapon, just to lose a few. Oh, then what? Repeat the top step over and over til one makes it to +7. Disgusting and fail.

Whatever. And then..

You get that weapon, to +4 with regular oridecon ores. Ok it's still a kvm weapon, its decent in general. But in order to get a kvm weapon thats ACTUALLY WORTH IT, you have to spend alot of money. The minimum for "truly good" is usually around +7. Thats just some money, and sometimes people get lucky and dont really spend any. To get +9 or +10, it requires up to 200 dollars. Seriously? 200 dollars to be able to compete? On top of all of that mind numbing time frame of wasting your life away? Jesus christ. Come on GMs, throw us a bone already. This is a game where that kind of stuff should just NOT happen. Lighten up more on the casuals, heck even some dedicated people really.

Point being, everyone needs more weapon power, or you're going to see the same old people doing the same old things, and their characters being better in general than most other players. They've had their time, and now its time for the rest of the community that loves this game but doesnt want to throw their life away for it. Make it more fair for the general RO population. I dont care how many people complain here, if you complain you're just going to make yourself obvious and get pointed at.

Edited by Staymadandbad, 30 June 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

The GMs aren't gonna make it easier unless you pay them money. Lucky boxes and unlimited seal quests via reset stones.
Both of those the community wanted and the GMs cashed in.

#3 Staymadandbad

Staymadandbad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

Well, they also need to cash in on this, and at least help our weak asses get our kvm weapon easier, in some way or another. Take that kvm cooldown away at the least ffs.

#4 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

We all have lifes, and money dont grow on trees. I agree.......
Would be good if we have old kvm system back?
Pretty please!

Edited by FiskBlack, 30 June 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#5 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Seal 1 quest: 5-6 min (including time to reset seal status) -> 2-2.5 hours to get 2000 KvM badges.

This is fast, though not necessarily cheap. On valk, the reset stones could cost around 75m and ~another 150m to +9 it (hat recycler, buying HD ores from market).

What might seem dumb is that PvPing isn't the fastest way to get PvP weapons, but getting a +9 KvM itself isn't that hard (if you've got in-game resources or out-of-game $$).

#6 Staymadandbad

Staymadandbad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

no. The problem is the will to pay that much. What the hell do the seals have to do with kvm weapons?

Edited by Staymadandbad, 30 June 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#7 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

who ressurected Laz? seriously?

#8 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

They put badges in lucky boxes, and you're bitching to make it even easier. Jesus you are stupid.

#9 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

no. The problem is the will to pay that much. What the hell do the seals have to do with kvm weapons?

seal 1 quest: 5-6 min to get 80 kvm badges. Repeatable via reset stone (~3m on market).

#10 Staymadandbad

Staymadandbad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

They put badges in lucky boxes, and you're bitching to make it even easier. Jesus you are stupid.

Lucky boxes cost money. Stfu loser.

#11 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

Staymadandbad

#12 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Do you guys realize any of those ways cost money? Mean you can't get those in they way that it was supussed to be.
Mean, no money = no kvm gears? Not cool.

#13 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

Do you guys realize any of those ways cost money? Mean you can't get those in they way that it was supussed to be.

You can get in-game item and trade-sell then buy reset stones and such. Not that hard, you just got to actually play the game outside of events.

#14 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

You want kvm for free? Do kvm matches.

You want to pay zeny for a chance at kvm badges? Do lucky boxes/seal quests.

#15 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

You want kvm for free? Do kvm matches.

You want to pay zeny for a chance at kvm badges? Do lucky boxes/seal quests.

Get 2k KvM badges in KvM matches and i will stfu, but that wasnt the way how bg gears were supussed to be gotten, you guys forgot the mechanic of this kind of stuff, but is iRO GM's fault of course.

You can get in-game item and trade-sell then buy reset stones and such. Not that hard, you just got to actually play the game outside of events.

Almost the same as i told cybernetic, but well is true, not that hard. Is spending time getting Z or getting kvm medals, and right now is kinda hard get z witouth KP. Is not about a way to get EASY KvM gears, is about FIX the way to get it.

Edited by FiskBlack, 30 June 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#16 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

I got 2k KvM badge from battle in a week. I know some people got 2k within a week. I'm sure some people that idk got within a week. :P

#17 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

Do seal 1 & 3. Seal 2 if you can. Seal 4 you can skip unless you have ores to trade in. Sell the oca from seal 3 and that pays for the reset stone. All your charas over lvl 70 can do this and if you have other accounts on the same warpportal then you can do it on those and then submit a ticket to have the kvm badges transferred.

This methods needs zero real money input by you.

#18 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

You dont want to spend time, you dont want to spend money....... i say you dont deserve kvm weapon......

#19 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

You dont want to spend time, you dont want to spend money....... i say you dont deserve kvm weapon......

^
+1

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Alright, so you need 400 kvm match wins, in order to recieve enough to get your kvm weapon. 5 minute cooldown between matches. you can do approximately 10 - 12 kvm wins per hour, IF NOBODY else plays for a certain amount of hours straight, and you have dedicated people continuously helping farm it.

400 wins / 10/12 per hour = 33.3/40 hours of straight farming. Non-stop to achieve. This is un necessary, boring, and mind-numbing to waste that many hours of life, doing nothing but a VERY BORING wait grind.

Imagine breaking, at the very least, about 3-4 kvm weapons, (so really you wasted all those hours LOL @ you says the system) where you threw your hours of life away, and hoped for a rivaling competing weapon, just to lose a few. Oh, then what? Repeat the top step over and over til one makes it to +7. Disgusting and fail.

Pretty stark contrast to opening a few lucky boxes, getting 2000 kvm badge, getting your weapon, using recycler to +7 it safely, and using HD ore to safely +9 it huh?

I am not quite sure in your example why the person would spend $200 +10ing it but not the money to get it safely to +7 without doing even a second of KVM fighting :P! just saying.

#21 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Seal Quest 1 is the bomb. Reset stones are tradable now. It only takes about a hour of farming fish parts on two maps to get enough to do like 5 or 6 runs of the Quest. I got bored and did the quest and bragged to my guild members that I could get 800kvm in one roll of the Seal. Now everybody in the guild uses it lol. Since the seal came out I have done it enough to get my kvm spear for my RG and a KVM mace and KVM fist for my Sura. Then they came out with the Hat Recycler and they are all +9 now with no risk pretty much.

I just wish more people would sell fish parts. I would buy the hell out of them if they did. Once people catch on that the fish parts are valuable then the quest will be a real gold mine for kvm.

It does not take $200 to upgrade a KVM weapon to +9. Probably on average you could do it on $25 - $30. I know because I have a +9 KVM spear, fist, mace, katar.

Edited by DarkDan, 01 July 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#22 MojoChinto

MojoChinto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

I disagree. KVM weapons are so good that they need to be difficult to attain. Also, I made +9 without spending a cent of real money. I did spend a lot of zeny, but that's the price to pay to get a great weapon. I bought all HD Ore with zeny and the sold any leftover boxes (you can open boxes during the upgrade process only when you need them).

For the seals... Regarding fish parts, you can buy 2/9 of them from an NPC in Comodo. The other 7 you can farm easily in East Comodo cave and Byalan dungeon. If you do seal 3 you can get exp and an OCA which you should sell to buy a reset stone (like Anko suggested).

#23 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

I agree with OP on this issue. Kafrashop is meant to give advantage to paying gamers but it should not be something that is an absolute. Kafrashop should not essentially be, buy this or take forever to do it for free.

KVM as it stands is totally -_-ed up. GM's "fixed" it and then sold badges when noone could do KVM in a reasonable timeframe and gave up. KVM being the LAST resort for getting KVM badges tells you just how bad off it truly is.

If we were to use a degree of difficulty scale from 1-10, 1 being most difficult and 10 being easiest most convenient. KVM should range around 5-6 anything through kafrashop should be 7-8. Instead they made KVM so bad it's more like 1-2 and kafshop is 9-11 (yes, I know the scale stops at 10).

1 KVM match avg is 6 min. That's 10 an hour if you can run flawlessly through each match. That's 50 badges in 1 hour if you win. 2000 badges for 1 weapon means you need to work a full time job on RO for a week (8 hours a day for 5 days). Some of you might say, "O that's not long, heck I can do that right now!" But what you don't understand is that is the absolute best case scenario lol. That is if everyone you need is there you always get in and always win. It will NOT always work like that. Adding in considerable variables and you are looking at maybe 3-4 times that much effort. Which would be 1 month straight KVM. Average gamer will like to talk to friends, level, MVP, or WOE so let's double that time for other activities and events outside of grinding KVM and you are looking at 2-3 months trying to get one weapon. Or buy 20-30 reset stones (70-120m on Valk server) and do it in less than a day.

The disparity between the two is too large. This isn't a petition to nerf the reset stones/quest, but to return KVM to the way it was. KVM/BG used to be a buzz and now it's crap b/c the GM's "fixed" it. Well, my grandmother had a saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It wasn't broke. Breaking game mechanics and selling the rewards through boxes or indirectly through quest repeats is just wrong when you don't allow people a reasonable alternative in game.

P.S.- This is just discussing the weapon. Thinking about getting KVM rings and full armor set would make you wet your pants and cry for your mommy.

Edited by LordVader, 01 July 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#24 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

Oh I know. Take the KVM 5 minute cooldown off and make 3-4 rooms.

And make one alert that you need to stop once each hour. Not forcing you, but warning you something like: "After this whole hour, you should wait 10 minutes for your health. If you don't care, it means you don't have health. If you don't have health, you surely are a bot. We will report the admins of the server if you continue playing uninterruptely"

And if the problem is that. Make VIPs get x2/x3/x4 KVM points each victory. 10/15/20 instead of 5.

Make all the gear have a 10% off for VIPs.

And maybe most important: Make KVM badges tradable. Some people don't need KVM and would love to earn some zeny from it.

#25 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

In the perfect world the Kafra shop is designed to give exactly the sort of bonuses that make the normal game contents faster/easier to attain.

In that regard the KVM badges are a perfect example of making it faster, same with Battle Manuals and upgrade stones. All the functions they do is "enhance, or speed up" in game functions.

There are free methods of getting KVM, there are also alternate means (make lvl 70 chars and do all 4 seals on them, combine to 1 char bingo kvm weapon) and there is a Kafra means to speed it up (Lucky Box).

KVM set was designed to take about 2 months to get a set, the fact that many many players accomplished it the hardcore way in a week or 2 is a testament to how focused some in our community are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users