Everyone needs an easier way to get kvm weapons - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Everyone needs an easier way to get kvm weapons

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

heim, why is there a 5 minute cooldown on kvm? no one likes it and it only makes it more inactive. fix this please?

#27 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

I use to complain about it all the time until they came out with the Seal Quests. The Seal Quests give you a option but I do agree that the system the way it is right now is a joke. I refuse to do kvm matches. Right now the time it takes to get kvm that way is just plain silly. If there was no kvm for rolling the seals I would just buy lucky boxes. I would buy how much I could afford and wait until the next box event to get more.

Why would anybody do the kvm matches when you can get 80kvm from seal quest 1 in under 10min?

This game is so unpredictable. Who know what will happen maybe they will tweak it. I think you will probably get less people whining about it now that the seals offer kvm. If not enough people demand it then it will probably stay the way it is lol.

Edited by DarkDan, 01 July 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#28 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

In the perfect world the Kafra shop is designed to give exactly the sort of bonuses that make the normal game contents faster/easier to attain.

In that regard the KVM badges are a perfect example of making it faster, same with Battle Manuals and upgrade stones. All the functions they do is "enhance, or speed up" in game functions.

There are free methods of getting KVM, there are also alternate means (make lvl 70 chars and do all 4 seals on them, combine to 1 char bingo kvm weapon) and there is a Kafra means to speed it up (Lucky Box).

KVM set was designed to take about 2 months to get a set, the fact that many many players accomplished it the hardcore way in a week or 2 is a testament to how focused some in our community are.

I think you confuse focus for desperation. KVM before the GM fix was always buzzing and even moreso after Woe on Valk. Now after you "fixed" it and added cash shop alternatives it's a ghost town.

In a perfect world, Kafra Shop would compliment end game objectives not replace them. I wish Kafra shop was only an enhancement in this situation. Making or farming lvl 70 chars to do the seal 1 time ea. on 1 acct for 1 char is "wtfx??" That's wasting more time that farming the broken KVM.

Not saying it was intentional, but the fact that the "KVM" fix drives KVM badge sales so well would almost make one think...Ahh nvm I would hope that isn't the case.

TLDR: Unnerf KVM and let people play the game for the game content.

#29 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Maybe reduce the kvm cool down to like 1 minute so that those who are waiting can get in without having to spam the npc. So the kvm becomes less wait but is still certainly accessible by those who are just trying to join in on the running.

#30 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

I think you confuse focus for desperation. KVM before the GM fix was always buzzing and even moreso after Woe on Valk. Now after you "fixed" it and added cash shop alternatives it's a ghost town.

In a perfect world, Kafra Shop would compliment end game objectives not replace them. I wish Kafra shop was only an enhancement in this situation. Making or farming lvl 70 chars to do the seal 1 time ea. on 1 acct for 1 char is "wtfx??" That's wasting more time that farming the broken KVM.

Not saying it was intentional, but the fact that the "KVM" fix drives KVM badge sales so well would almost make one think...Ahh nvm I would hope that isn't the case.

TLDR: Unnerf KVM and let people play the game for the game content.

I would blame the people abusing it, not Heim in this case.

#31 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

KvM remains a ghost town because of the constant bugs that have existed for years and because of a cooldown that often procs when KvM bugs. There is nothing more annoying that spending 5 mins for your next match, getting everyone, and then being kicked out with a 5 minute cooldown.

Please consider removing the cooldown. Right now KvM is the slowest way of obtaining KvM badges... that's not right.

#32 Berserker

Berserker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

In the perfect world the Kafra shop is designed to give exactly the sort of bonuses that make the normal game contents faster/easier to attain.

In that regard the KVM badges are a perfect example of making it faster, same with Battle Manuals and upgrade stones. All the functions they do is "enhance, or speed up" in game functions.

There are free methods of getting KVM, there are also alternate means (make lvl 70 chars and do all 4 seals on them, combine to 1 char bingo kvm weapon) and there is a Kafra means to speed it up (Lucky Box).

KVM set was designed to take about 2 months to get a set, the fact that many many players accomplished it the hardcore way in a week or 2 is a testament to how focused some in our community are.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users