Upgrading with enriched over safe - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrading with enriched over safe

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hey i dont know if anyone has been using encriched elu of late but sense they put in the recycler i would say the chances of upgrading with it or HD for that matter has gone down. I dont know if this is true but i didnt want to spend my zeny on safe upgrade hats for my ygg crown and i had always been pretty lucky with upgrading in the past about 1 out of 3 and it took me 11 crowns. I failed 3 times trying to go to 5 and this has never happen to me it could have been a bad upgrading day but makes me think. Some of my friends are starting tonotice a diffrence too when it comes to upgrading on tryed to upgrade some st paddy hats 8 of them, he failed 3 on the way to 5 and got one +7. Out of 8 seems like you would get more atlest i used to lol. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the chances all seem to be normal elu rates when using encriched, and the HD chances seem to have gone way down to +9 my ygg ccrown i used about 300 so far and it still isnt +9 whats going on? lol

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

I'm almost sure that it's illegal for them not to show the odds on stuff like this. Every other game that has a system like this that I have played shows the odds. Especially since real money is involved.

Edited by Myzery, 01 July 2011 - 02:52 PM.

#3 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

One has to wonder what possible reason they have to not show the odds other than they don't want to be held accountable if something "accidentally" changes.

#4 Staymadandbad

Staymadandbad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Technically it's not illegal. It really IS morally wrong though. Though, this situation reminds me of people who used to go put their welfare checks into the poker machines in the 1990 era. It's all a gamble, and the machine doesn't tell you the odds, though it should. But knowing those odds, would keep more people away from it, making them profit less.

The mystery and hope of being better, is usually what catches the customer in this case. I am against it.

#5 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

Seems like it, Ive been failing alot more often. Blew alot of pirate hats and ygg hats. Before it wasnt so hard, now seems to be a kp waster. I dont know though maybe its just bad luck. But i dont believe in bad luck =P.

#6 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

I have noticed this after the 1st week of boxter i.e the previous maintance. IRO wantedly :P up the refine rates to promote their mid guard coin upgrade rates. They do this pretty often to-_- people up and make them buy more hd/ enriched stuff. Its a A very big scam. i broke 5 armours going from +4 to +5 with enriched. :P its supposed to be 90% success man!!!

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

Having over upgraded loads of stuff using enriched and regular ori/elu, the rates to me fall in line with what I'm used to with sample sizes of 100-300 units to break. (I break a lot of stuff I forge).

#8 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Upgrading is an abomination. Instead of a quick, chance based system, it should have been a longer, task based system that provides results.

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

Upgrading is an abomination. Instead of a quick, chance based system, it should have been a longer, task based system that provides results.

I really have to agree with this.

I mean there was NO reason other than pure greed to increase upgrade max to +20 as it's INSANE and really not in the least possible.

I recently had a +5 KVM lvl 4 weapon. I decided I really wanted to get it safely to +7 so maybe I would have a chance to get it to +9 eventually with HD ores without breaking. I started doing the Anniversary quest for lots of Ygg Crowns. It took me 20 Ygg crowns to get this weapon from +5 to +6. In other words it took 10 attempts of what should have been a 40% chance so when people talk about not believing in bad luck it frustrates me no end. This is also considering that back a couple months ago I tried slotting panties. It took me 35 panties to get 1 slotted.

The fact is there should ALWAYS be a SAFE way to upgrade without breakage.

Upgrading beyond +10 is just such a stupid idea. I mean if your SUPER EXTREMELY LUCKY you get a +11 weapon back. 90% chance though that doesn't happen. If you are VERY unlucky it will break. And still even if that doesn't happen it still gets downgrade THREE lvls which is insane. This is just such a ridiculously obvious Cash Crab as even using their Cash bought HD ores will still downgrade by 1 on fail.

Lets hear it for Super long quest + loads of zenny + time investment for safe upgrades without downgrade possibilities.

Keep in mind the above suggestion would be a multi purpose benefit. It would encourage gameplay, be a bit of a zenny sink to keep inflation down and provide opportunities to all for upgrades.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 02 July 2011 - 01:23 AM.

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

Having over upgraded loads of stuff using enriched and regular ori/elu, the rates to me fall in line with what I'm used to with sample sizes of 100-300 units to break. (I break a lot of stuff I forge).

I concur. People have a small run of bad luck and instead of thinking "that was unlucky" they jump to wild conclusions "the GM's are plotting against me ?!" instead.

Comes up every time theres something new upgrade related, and randomly inbetween.

#11 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

The thing is though, if the GMs did change the rate, how would you honestly know? They changed rates from what they were before enriched was put in and never told anyone.

#12 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

0.o Well I made a +7 yagg crown with 1 only. So the rate is the same, just string of bad luck.

Sometime I used like 10 and couldn't make one, sometime I make 3 +7 out of 3... so just strings of luck.

#13 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

It feels about the same to me.

But I do agree it is questionable business practice not to show the rates somewhere. Even to just have them listed somewhere on the website would be sufficient.

#14 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

I doubt that they would show any kind of rates then they woudlnt be able to change it without our knowning more. but i do think that they are lower then they used ot be coz i could get 1/3 at a low day to get something to +7 but now i fail to +5 like 1/3 of the time what the hell lol.

#15 wogus0415

wogus0415

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I spent about 1200 hd oris getting a kvm weapon from +7 to +9. they definitely tamper with rates during events like these.

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

A friend of mine got his kvm mace from 7 to 9 in 12 hd oris a day or 2 ago. I got a bunch of things to +9 on 300? hd oris. level 4 weapons mind you. You just have crap luck

#17 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

I just made a +9 KVM Katar, +9 KVM 2h axe, +9 KVM Mace, +12 KVM spear and a +9 Ice pick as well as a +9 Giant axe with left over ores. On average, the KVMs took 300 HDs or so to get from +7 to +9. Took about 1500 or so to get from +9 to +10 on my KVM spear.

Rates have not been tampered with. Bad luck can hit at any time.

#18 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

All the the rates that are stated on IRoWiki are statistical averages done long ago. No one ever said it was 90% to go from +4 to +5 on armor/lvl 4.

I duno the reason that the refine system may also not be reveal is it may be sort of complicated in nature more so than drop rates. It may also revolve around the time in the day as well as a random roll based on that time. If it were that easy to figure out the system some one would of posted it somewhere before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users