#1 oKinGo

oKinGo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

I am currently start making a battle cleric. I have no idea on what's good or bad for a cleric. I need a stat suggestion and gears. If you can please also explain why it's good for that current situation. As it is now my cleric have a full support stat. Which is max Int and points left go to str. I have a full precious for a LOLz. Please help discuss here ty ^_^.

#2 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hi FireSpear!

My stat suggestion for you:

Int+Dex+Con

Int = Damage/Mdef
Dex = Damage/Dodge
Con = Accuracy

Gears:

Full Chiv or Chiv (Chest+Glove) and Reinforced 25/25 (Head+Shoes)

Before I explain anything, you need to ask first so I know where to start. :lol:

#3 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

I think no one would share their secret stat since most people wasted 2-3 reset skill/testi only to figure their own style.
But i can tell you in general..
There are three kind of battle cleric:
1) INT-DEX-[little CON]-SEN = Dodge-> Full Glorious set + Oro present Mask + Dread sword shield + Typhoon P7/D7/TZ7.
2) INT-[312 STR]-[200 CON]-DEX/SEN-> Full Chiva set + Ego Mask + Aurum/Menaching shield (if u dont want spend alot STR)
3) INT-CON-STR-DEX-SEN-> mix Chiva/Glory or Prec/Glory + Oro present Mask + Dread sword shield + Lava D7/TZ7.

Once you figure the best BC build, you'll be immortal.. even a champ absolutely die to vs the best Battle Cleric.
Good Luck. :angry:

p/s: Thats why epic wand is suck on additional stat ? crap :lol:

Edited by Xenania, 06 July 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#4 Hirokazu

Hirokazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

Orb of abyss is the best when it comes to offhand when it comes to Battle cleric because of the magic tool block rate :waddle:

#5 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

at the moment its rly hard to get a rly good batle cleric...

its cuz..at the moment..there a more and more aspd classes....champs(1 and 2-hand),katar,scout,artisan... and its rly hard to servive against high aspd classes.

so i think...the dodge guide...i dunno.. i dun think u wil get enough dodge to get acceptable misses.so its way easyer for aspd classes to get higher acc then u dodge.

so i think int/str/con build will be fine..or even aspd int/dex/con/sen+glorious...but then u better get pots with u and nice buff sets^^

#6 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

at the moment its rly hard to get a rly good batle cleric...

its cuz..at the moment..there a more and more aspd classes....champs(1 and 2-hand),katar,scout,artisan... and its rly hard to servive against high aspd classes.

so i think...the dodge guide...i dunno.. i dun think u wil get enough dodge to get acceptable misses.so its way easyer for aspd classes to get higher acc then u dodge.

so i think int/str/con build will be fine..or even aspd int/dex/con/sen+glorious...but then u better get pots with u and nice buff sets^^

Yes, its really headaching.. BC need to split up points on many stat and skill.
Will be great if Cleric have two debuff skill as well.
Battle cleric is the most expensive class = IM party buff + IM combat skill.
But seem the dev hate cleric. LoL

pvp by 1 with aspd class, spam mana wave(not voltage strom) + full chiva + lava d7.
pvp by 1 againts range class/melee aoe (scout, xbow knight/champ 2h, spear), i wear full aspd gear + Glory.
pvp by 1 againts mage, i wear full crit acc + Lumi. when i got dispel, i only rebuff: Battle, Clobber, Crit, Valkrie.
It work well on me.

Share your experiment please, Foxy.. i know you are a good BC. ^^

Edited by Xenania, 08 July 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#7 SMMoA

SMMoA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

There are godly but few BC's in Draconis but I rarely find them online anymore such as IceFlame and cloudOmega or Wink?. I suggest you ask them for advice.

Edited by SMMoA, 10 July 2011 - 02:00 AM.

#8 Jeshiro

Jeshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

My experience as a battle clerics, dodge really works a lot specially some champ just rely on accuracy stats from items/equips..
i was helping leveling some noob one time, at DoD, a Champ at max level tried to hit me.. i was surprised that he misses about 1 for every 5 attacks he did..
i was expecting i could be hit hard and kiss the ground.. well what do you know i was standing for about 15 of his hits.. and then he realizes i was not dying, and resorted to using skills, and there after some few more hits i died.. i have no buffs this time, and i was around 160ish level..

and after i respawned and got back to supporting lowbies, he comes back and hit me again, same situation he misses.. and i tried to fought back, my damage(magical) around 1k.. but my normal hit was "miss".. which i already expected.. so i am expecting i could kill champ when i turned 200 or so..

now im a middle of whether to use typhoon P7 or D7... i want to have high AP and high aspd at the same time..

#9 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

TBH i dont even know why people even bother making one these days. If your smart enough your better off going another class.

#10 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

TBH i dont even know why people even bother making one these days. If your smart enough your better off going another class.

And why not? Battle Clerics are immortal with heal plus a good amount of def.

#11 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:45 AM

Cause their attack skill sux? I mean if you compare it to other class, Bclerics are no where close to them. I have a battle cleric as well (as you can see in the sig, duh?) and the only reason why im still playing it is because its the longest char that ive played.

#12 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

Cause their attack skill sux? I mean if you compare it to other class, Bclerics are no where close to them. I have a battle cleric as well (as you can see in the sig, duh?) and the only reason why im still playing it is because its the longest char that ive played.

2 fast cooldown stuns, 1 spammable skill, and a 10 second mute, now that sucks. :D

#13 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

2 fast cooldown stuns, 1 spammable skill, and a 10 second mute, now that sucks. :D

Ok mister "i know everything". I wont even bother arguing with you.

#14 Jeshiro

Jeshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

TBH too, it isnt hard to understand, the preference to be different!!
most classes yes they can output great amount of damage.. question is can they support?!
battle clerics can be flexible.. can support and can battle..

now why am i trying to explain the obvious?!

*Cheers!

#15 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

And may i know your IGN for your battle cleric?

#16 hx1206

hx1206

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

lmao i like ur sign nick! lol +1 for u

#17 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

lmao i like ur sign nick! lol +1 for u

OFFTOPIC : LOLOL thanks :>

#18 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

I'll have to agree with Soda on this one, because I to have played a Battle Cleric for the longest time.
Starting out as a Sen Cleric, to Ap/Aspd and finally acc/def/ap.
The skills on a Battle Cleric compared to all other classes in their PvP skills is seriously a waste of time and it makes you not worth using a Battle cleric for pvp.
Melee also? A battle arti can perform much better and out classes a battle cleric overall even though an artisan and cleric come under a similar support class.
Weapons such as those Epic weapons are all beneficial to all classes except for the Clerics as always.

The stuns are good, but having just 1 spamming skill is just not enough, eventually you'll reach a point when they are all cooldown.
If I remember correctly, Voltage storm had it's cooldown increased by 6 seconds according to the patch notes, I can't remember which one though.
I personally say that is not enough skills available to make it a full on attacking class, even Battle Artisans pretty much outclass this.
Don't get me wrong though a Battle Cleric pretty much holds it own 1 on 1 easily, you pretty much are unable to die if you continuously heal, which also makes it good for quick kills and boss hunts outside of PvP situations.

In General I find the skills lacking badly.
Unless you go to the offensive tree, which doesn't really help either, the Battle Cleric's offensive skills does not even offer any status down effects such as attack power down.

I mean if clerics were given another spamming skill, attack power down status effect or even a burn, then you're pretty much a killer overall.

As a PvPer, Battle Clerics are pretty much the Champ killer but I personally think they have no chance vs a well equipped Raider or an Arti.
As a etiquette, usually clerics do not use heals, no raiders cloak that sort or even pots are used (unless the PvP is agreed to under certain conditions)

Say for example someone stuns you just before you can mute, skill or even stun, you've already lost one of the skills being used.
Especially vs a raider your limited numbers of skills will usually half-hit/miss and the same goes for melee also, even if you have high def or hp, the burns or poison tears through and probably a stun gets in after to stop purify.

However in union war situations overall you're better off as a supporting class or a melee type, focus on picking off champs, bourgs/artis and mute if necessary, especially mages and other clerics.
When you're ganged, there's not much you can really do and hope you kill them without getting stun locked or muted or try and run for it.
So the best thing to do is group up with another Cleric in a party.
But then again a Battle Artisan works much better in this area picking off players.

Battle clerics now I tend to see as more of a semi-battle class than a proper battle class even if you ignore all the supportive skills such as heals. (e.g getting Voltage Jolt for a 3rd stun on the offensive tree, or fire ring)
The skills in general aren't versatile enough, sure the voltage storm has an aoe stun effect, but it doesn't help that much when used.

Overall it's defiantly fun to play, heal, buff up and you're off.
I personally believe that the Battle Cleric is one of the most fun class to use.

But again the class is on a decline due to much better classes out there.

#19 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

TBH too, it isnt hard to understand, the preference to be different!!
most classes yes they can output great amount of damage.. question is can they support?!
battle clerics can be flexible.. can support and can battle..

now why am i trying to explain the obvious?!

*Cheers!

You go a point there.. :D

#20 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

agreed

#21 CastanhoBR

CastanhoBR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:Burguer King

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

I'm making a battle cleric too. I jut want to know about the skills... currently i'm out of any flame, bonfire... And have low mana... but maxed all the wand passives... Currently on lvl 203 Don't know if I should get flames... and some mana passive.. :X

Thank you guys!!

#22 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Sounds more like a support cleric to me. If you are really going to be fighting, you wont be using much mp hence you wont need the mp passives of flames.

#23 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

whats the best build for fs war clerics???

#24 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

I'm making a battle cleric too. I jut want to know about the skills... currently i'm out of any flame, bonfire... And have low mana... but maxed all the wand passives... Currently on lvl 203 Don't know if I should get flames... and some mana passive.. :X

Thank you guys!!

Common.
Meditation : lv 1
Cure : lv 5
Soul Doubt : lv 5

Supportive.
Wand Mastery : lv 18
Wand Control : lv 18
Mystic shielding : lv 9
Improved wand mastery : lv 18
Mana drop,Voltage shock : lv 9
Recovery : lv 5
Party heal,Integrity : lv 5
Blessed Mind : lv 8 or lv 7 and use 1 sp to Soul revive
Purify : lv 1

Cleric.
Magic Battle mastery : lv 18
Wand focusing : lv 18
Mystic armour : lv 9
Wand combat mastery : lv 18
Mana wave,Voltage storm : lv 9
Dragon skin : lv 9

Good Luck.

Edited by Xenania, 29 July 2011 - 05:50 AM.

#25 Geni

Geni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

where do I get the mute skill? Cant see it in my skill tree...

Where do you get the orlo jewelery that has defense and magic defense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users