HP Bars for Monsters - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

HP Bars for Monsters

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

Now I'm damn well sure this has been said before, or at least been giving a little thought into during the past, but why do we seriously not have HP bars for the monsters? Is there any real reason? Every single MMORPG I have ever played (except for maybe like 1 other that I can't even think about right now) has included an enemy HP bar. I mean is RO this way because its more of a challenge? Sure not having an HP bar to display will leave ya guessing, but is it really more of a challenge? There should be an option for people to be able to display monsters HP bars period. (And I'm not saying to display the actual amount of HP either.. just a green bar I can follow to know when the monster I'm fighting is near death.) Let's hear the communities opinions..

#2 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

No idea why they don't want to show it themselves, so not even gonna guess on that, but just use RCX and your problem is solved. Only problem with RCX is if the monster has been ks'd, it won't be accurate, or if you fwing and return, it'll show the bar as full again, but otherwise it's rather nice if that's what you want. Personally it just adds more junk on my screen, especially when mobbing.

#3 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

..Works hard in Game and buy a Dragon Ball Spec... You can see Goku's Power is more than 9999!! with it.

#4 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

afaik rcx is illegal ever since some guildleader claimed he was cheating by using it

:P

#5 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

sucks that knives arent illegal, cause someone once killed a person using one. One hell of a reason to ban them by that logic, eh?

Edited by Charon, 02 July 2011 - 12:44 PM.

#6 shawno1984

shawno1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

On a sort of related note it would be great if they let us see how much SP our party members have. Why doesn't it do that already :P

#7 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

I think the answer is simple. RO is OLD. When it was released, most people were playing it on a dialup connection, and it was important that the game send as little data to the client as physically possible. I'm pretty sure this is why there's no monster health, no mana bar on anyone but you, and the overwhelmingly majority of multi-hit skills roll damage only once and use that number for all hits, as well as the lack of any form of long range chat that isn't limited to party or guild.

What surprises me is that when they made the Renewal client, which was supposed to modernize the game, they didn't take into account the fact that basically no one is on dialup now, and so the reasons for these limitations are long gone. It doesn't look like there's any plans whatsoever to address this stuff before RO2 unfortunately.

afaik rcx is illegal ever since some guildleader claimed he was cheating by using it

:P

I'm pretty sure the *unmodded* version is allowed, as it's the only way to stop the spam if you don't play on Ymir.

It's not really something I've kept track of though (no reason to use it as a Ymir player), so I'm not sure.

#8 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

Now I'm damn well sure this has been said before, or at least been giving a little thought into during the past, but why do we seriously not have HP bars for the monsters? Is there any real reason? Every single MMORPG I have ever played (except for maybe like 1 other that I can't even think about right now) has included an enemy HP bar. I mean is RO this way because its more of a challenge? Sure not having an HP bar to display will leave ya guessing, but is it really more of a challenge? There should be an option for people to be able to display monsters HP bars period. (And I'm not saying to display the actual amount of HP either.. just a green bar I can follow to know when the monster I'm fighting is near death.) Let's hear the communities opinions..

There is an skill ingame to see enemies HP. And it only works on monsters.

Do you realize all games that show monsters HP also show other people HP?

#9 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

You don't seem to understand that I don't give a rats ass about Sense, or a skill. It should be a mandatory option for players.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

mandatory option

LOLZ

#11 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

he probably meant default option but yeah that was kinda cute lol

#12 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

What I meant is it should be mandatory that the game comes with an option to turn on/off the monsters HP bars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users