Seriously though..Deep Sleep on Emps? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Seriously though..Deep Sleep on Emps?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Fix this crap already. Guilds coming up with the excuse of "If you can't beat'em join'em" for healing their Emps using this bug are simply asking for this topic to be brought up again.

I remember when the Burn/Leech End on the Emp issue was fixed quickly too after people brought it up. I don't see why this bug hasn't been solved by now.

Edited by GuardianTK, 02 July 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, definitely an old issue now that really needs to be fixed. =/ Surprised it hasn't yet, TBH.

#3 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

kRO simply fails at fixing bugs, if a lot of the 3rd class skills are any indication. You know what that means...

Time to fix it Gravity style: disable Deep Sleep skills! :P

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

kRO simply fails at fixing bugs, if a lot of the 3rd class skills are any indication. You know what that means...

Time to fix it Gravity style: disable Deep Sleep skills! :P

It's probably a priority issue. I know for a fact that Burn/Leech End were a real problem for WoE. Simply affecting an Emp meant insta-break with said status effects. In this case, Deep Sleep heals the Emp.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

I've never tried it but does Arullo hit the EMP if you target someone close enough to it thru its splash effect? These skills are strange, they seem to target NPCs as well but don't really do anything, at least it does that when I play around on my wanderer with SV.

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Deep sleep on emp defeats the idea of renewal emp change. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

I've never tried it but does Arullo hit the EMP if you target someone close enough to it thru its splash effect? These skills are strange, they seem to target NPCs as well but don't really do anything, at least it does that when I play around on my wanderer with SV.

Yes, Arullo does affect the Emp if the person you target is within range of the skill's radius.

#8 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

I thought I remember reading that this bug had been fixed on kRO...or maybe that was just barricades and guardian stones.

It does need to get fixed though.

#9 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

not a big deal
you could heal emps pre renewal and was all okay.
this way you need a sucessful rush instead of 20 failed rushs to break a castle. i actually like it this way.

#10 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

I thought I remember reading that this bug had been fixed on kRO...or maybe that was just barricades and guardian stones.

Looks like they did get around to it: http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=76535

Two months ago though, maybe it got packaged with the skill balancing instead of being sent over as an urgent fix.

#11 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:51 AM

Never found it to be a problem imo. Only thing you really need to do is prioritize killing classes that can inflict deep sleep.

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

not a big deal
you could heal emps pre renewal and was all okay.
this way you need a sucessful rush instead of 20 failed rushs to break a castle. i actually like it this way.

I don't think you could compare renewal emp and healing with prerenewal emp and healing.

Prerenewal, emp had 150k HP (I think iRO emp had more HP after a custom patch?), that is like 3 minutes and half of sanctuary with +healing gear. However... you couldn't really outheal emp when attacking was going on. a simple ME would remove safety wall and sanctuary together, and emp took a lot more damage than it could be healed for. You could break an emp in under 20 seconds without much effort.

Renewal emp takes fixed damage. It has 700~ HP, and takes a few minutes to break. Renewal brought a lot of immobilization and disabling skills which help slowing down the breaking more, like cursed circle, the forced sitting skills, deep sleep, manhole, white imprison, and such. Deep sleep fully recovers the emperium in about 50 seconds, while and at the same time, keeps the breakers unable to attack. Unlike sanctuary prerenewal, it can outheal the breaking, and all it takes is one or two performers who can flag in. This may not be much an issue on woe1, where you flag in to a room far from the emp, but in woe 2, where you flag in a few steps next to the emperium...

If emps can be healed by deep sleep, it would be nice to have old emperiums back which can take more damage too.

#13 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

I don't think you could compare renewal emp and healing with prerenewal emp and healing.

Prerenewal, emp had 150k HP (I think iRO emp had more HP after a custom patch?), that is like 3 minutes and half of sanctuary with +healing gear. However... you couldn't really outheal emp when attacking was going on. a simple ME would remove safety wall and sanctuary together, and emp took a lot more damage than it could be healed for. You could break an emp in under 20 seconds without much effort.

Renewal emp takes fixed damage. It has 700~ HP, and takes a few minutes to break. Renewal brought a lot of immobilization and disabling skills which help slowing down the breaking more, like cursed circle, the forced sitting skills, deep sleep, manhole, white imprison, and such. Deep sleep fully recovers the emperium in about 50 seconds, while and at the same time, keeps the breakers unable to attack. Unlike sanctuary prerenewal, it can outheal the breaking, and all it takes is one or two performers who can flag in. This may not be much an issue on woe1, where you flag in to a room far from the emp, but in woe 2, where you flag in a few steps next to the emperium...

If emps can be healed by deep sleep, it would be nice to have old emperiums back which can take more damage too.

Thank you for summing up everything I have tried to say in the past.

#14 Berserker

Berserker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

Yes it does. Im using it sometimes, pretty convenient to put some ppl to sleep even those who hiding/cloacking next to it :rolleyes:
but i kinda forgot if I use it at the barricade for WoE 2.0 or the Emp. I think i did to both of em xD

Edited by Berserker, 03 July 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

You forgot to mention DSL being able to affect people through walls as well. ._. This provides a safety net for performers to drop back to in some castles, where the Emp is surrounded by walls.

#16 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

In WoE1 its a bit of a ballancing aspect. The idea that anyone could hold an econ for 2 straight hours without the emp being hit is rather silly with the amount of snap skills, portals for clean Mandragora Howlings, and other issues that make them difficult to defend. Essentially these are the reasons why these forts are not econed.

In WoE2 its a problem though. With a flag in spot that is so close to the emp, and thus the defenders are able to recover in under 10 seconds from their deaths, damage should be permanent.

Edited by Nombus, 03 July 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#17 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

renewal emp has 1,4k hp ( without any eco)

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

So the Emp basically regens around 28 hits every second while in Deep Sleep? Just great...

#19 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

Even worse then. It takes longer to break, but still heals in 50 seconds. Deep sleep people in the emp, and in the 5~ seconds it takes them to recover, the emp just reversed the last 140 attacks. Nothing comparable to prerenewal sactuary.

#20 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

maestros/wanderers op :rolleyes:

Edited by Andini, 03 July 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#21 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

maestros/wanderers op :rolleyes:

It's a coincidence that working deep sleep comes from performers. It would be the same if deep sleep came from a bishop, a sura, or a ninja.
The effect on the emp is the problem,

#22 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

obviously :rolleyes:

#23 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Working as Intended.

#24 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Working as Intended.

Your post is working as intended.

#25 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

i hate Dazzel more....couse im lower then the 150' Wanderer..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users