Best way to make money? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best way to make money?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 chris2

chris2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

Which 3rd class is the best for making alot of money? I know gank rogues probably make a little bit of money but it will take forever to save enough for valk gear/nyd garb, etc. So are their any 3rd classes that can solo mvp's without spending tons on pots, etc?

#2 Berserker

Berserker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

IMO probably RK would be a good class to make money. I think they have huge range of varieties monster they can kill and drop good loots. Not saying other classes are bad, but its just Ive seen RK did very well in that area.

#3 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

sorc with kahii can deal almost all kind of mobs and mvps, LOOK OUT OF CREEPS LIKE ALICE (dispell hurts)

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

The best advantage of RKs is the ability to wear one Main Gauche [4] (Or any other [4] weapon with four slots), carded with four Hunter Flies and don't lose any damage at all. [if you play with Dragon Breath]

But then. Dragon Breath is a forced fire-element skill. You will never defeat some MVPs, unless you have a second resort to attack. [Clashing Spiral?]

And unlike sorcerers, they don't need external help and buffs [Yes, Kaahi].

I would suggest you focus on some consumables though. Mandragora Flowerpot, Prickly Fruit, items for Genetic cooking... If you don't play Valkyrie, you might earn a very nice amount of zeny from these items.

Also. I would suggest you to make friends. It's better than "finding 9999 new ways to solo"

#5 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

When an RK sees a genetic or sura camping an MVP its better to just walk away. Sura would be the best to make money imo.

#6 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

Sura or Genetic to mvp...

...and in pvp/woe these are the best classes too. Thanks Gravity :rolleyes:

Edited by SirDouglas, 03 July 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#7 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Sura or Genetic to mvp...

...and in pvp/woe these are the best classes too. Thanks Gravity :rolleyes:

Royal guards are pretty OP in woe/pvp too.
But nothing compared to genetics, no delay, no cast time, all skills are good and perfect for different purposes.

#8 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

Here you go!

#9 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

But nothing compared to genetics, no delay, no cast time, all skills are good and perfect for different purposes.

All right moron, it's time someone called your ugly dumb troll butt out.

I want you to make an "overpowered" genetic once. Let everyone know what it's like 125+ in any place that gets decent EXP. Should be easy with "no cast time" huh? Wait till you play with NO GOD ITEMS once, see how easy it is. Oh yeah, and how godawful expensive it is as well... burning through a couple million zeny in pots for a hour of leveling, getting very expensive gears ( hell should be cheaper now since +7 can be almost guaranteed ) and having a HP pool that DROPS when you change to 3rd class and don't go up worth a crap when you level. Then you can delete your failboat sorc that gets one shotted by genetics ( forget where your blining mist key is DUH? ). Then you can whine about EVERYTHING that kills genetics if you so much as look at em funny.

Here's a hint, you can't get instant cast even with +15 foods full cast reducts, +20 foods, and strings.

#10 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

I want you to make an "overpowered" genetic once. Let everyone know what it's like 125+ in any place that gets decent EXP. Should be easy with "no cast time" huh? Wait till you play with NO GOD ITEMS once, see how easy it is. Oh yeah, and how godawful expensive it is as well... burning through a couple million zeny in pots for a hour of leveling, getting very expensive gears ( hell should be cheaper now since +7 can be almost guaranteed ) and having a HP pool that DROPS when you change to 3rd class and don't go up worth a crap when you level. Then you can delete your failboat sorc that gets one shotted by genetics ( forget where your blining mist key is DUH? ). Then you can whine about EVERYTHING that kills genetics if you so much as look at em funny.

Here's a hint, you can't get instant cast even with +15 foods full cast reducts, +20 foods, and strings.

lolwut?

#11 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

genetic is not easy to lvl, try making a genetic start from lvl 1 novice, i bet you will stop lvling when you hit an alchemist. now are you sure you are on the right server? to get instant cast you need a ridicilous amount of dex+int, now calculate if you can get enough dex/int to instant cast without sleipnir and hammer.

first of, you play in valk, you complain that GHOSTRING, are over priced, so i assume people in valk, isn't flooded with that many god item like ymir does. how can someone like you that plays on that server complain about instant cast genetics. if they have instant cast, meaning they have god item to use, THAT MEANS, its not the class thats over powered, is the items that are powerfull. you are so bad, you are mad because you die to white imprison, please give us all a favor and stop posting about other people being better than you. first of you make your self look really stupid, and 2nd of all please make a genetic, and tell us how over powered that class is (without ANY god items)

thank you

#12 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

I have out mvped a sura at a mvp simply by getting to it first and getting the mvp to reflect. Its all about finding the mvps first and dealing the most damage before comp arrives

#13 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

Anything that can solo nid and super bapho makes the best money...

#14 chris2

chris2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Anything that can solo nid and super bapho makes the best money...

Which classes can solo mvp's such as Nyd the best though? While being somewhat cost efficient. I don't want to spend like 40m on pots just to make 60m on a garb.

#15 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

You know genetics don't have fixed cast time? expensive? excuse me? i guess cart cannon ammo are really expensive, if you use Acid bombs hell plants for leveling being a genetic then you are stupid lol.
You wouldnt spend too many pots if you find a AB to level with, that is how is supussed to be. You dont seem to know genetic true potential...... you cant get instant like nothing, but easly can get almost instant cast time, happy?

genetic is not easy to lvl, try making a genetic start from lvl 1 novice, i bet you will stop lvling when you hit an alchemist. now are you sure you are on the right server? to get instant cast you need a ridicilous amount of dex+int, now calculate if you can get enough dex/int to instant cast without sleipnir and hammer.

first of, you play in valk, you complain that GHOSTRING, are over priced, so i assume people in valk, isn't flooded with that many god item like ymir does. how can someone like you that plays on that server complain about instant cast genetics. if they have instant cast, meaning they have god item to use, THAT MEANS, its not the class thats over powered, is the items that are powerfull. you are so bad, you are mad because you die to white imprison, please give us all a favor and stop posting about other people being better than you. first of you make your self look really stupid, and 2nd of all please make a genetic, and tell us how over powered that class is (without ANY god items)

thank you

Trolololololol.
Nope, even if they dont have instant cast time w/o hammer they will always run with a almost instant cast time and free speed pot, i'm actually making a genetic and cart canon dont seem to be weak, can almost 1 shot any mob at lv 105 with common gears.
How you can complain about expensive leveling when got a skill AoE like cart canon? with the right gears you just need 70 dex and reduction to have almost instant cast time, when it was a biochemist was pretty hard to level, but once is a genetic, is piece of cake, and im not leveling with another player, just using ice creams.

Edited by FiskBlack, 04 July 2011 - 08:48 AM.

#16 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

You know genetics don't have fixed cast time? expensive? excuse me? i guess cart cannon ammo are really expensive, if you use Acid bombs hell plants for leveling being a genetic then you are stupid lol.
You wouldnt spend too many pots if you find a AB to level with, that is how is supussed to be. You dont seem to know genetic true potential...... you cant get instant like nothing, but easly can get almost instant cast time, happy?

Trolololololol.
Nope, even if they dont have instant cast time w/o hammer they will always run with a almost instant cast time and free speed pot, i'm actually making a genetic and cart canon dont seem to be weak, can almost 1 shot any mob at lv 105 with common gears.
How you can complain about expensive leveling when got a skill AoE like cart canon? with the right gears you just need 70 dex and reduction to have almost instant cast time, when it was a biochemist was pretty hard to level, but once is a genetic, is piece of cake, and im not leveling with another player, just using ice creams.

Hmm the one who seems to not know the class is you.
Lets see here, 1: there just plain aren't that many ABs laying around that you can level with at any random time you get a chance to log in ( some people have lives you know ). 2: wait till you get to 130ish and tell me you are gonna one shot dragons ( and still keep that most likely giant axe / hurricane fury ) with no shield. 3: no way you can get "almost instant cast" with reduc gears alone. You can get down to maybe MAYBE 1/4 to 1/2 second IF you have strings, blessing, two sprint rings, dark illusion sunnies / elvens / miniglasses[1] ( bye bye ~3 levels worth of HP when you put em on then) , a +9 Katryn keyron carded hat, and at least +15 foods and 100 DEX and 110 INT, but mobs can and still will interrupt your cast. Good luck finding that minstrel to level / WoE with you full time too. 4: at 130 WITH an AB you can get maybe ~10-15% / hour at dragons / bradium golems if you go all out, but you spend 3-4K cannon balls easy and that's 1.4+M / hour and not even counting SP items ( rideword hat / nyd doesn't proc enough all the time to keep up SP) VS Mephs Sorc ( and heres a hint I have a 130's sorc as well ) that can kaahi level with the cost of..... maybe 300 red gems / hour in dragons... and thats if he is smart enough to have figured out kill cloud is a godsend down there. 4: it costs a hell of a lot less to outfit a sorc than a genetic, they need less reducs at the same places because of their much higher HP mod, don't need super expensive gears... even a +7 LBW is enough to level decently with and that costs what 1-3M on ymir now if that? Compare that to genetics, that need MVP drops to level decent and most of those have to be over upgraded. Lets see here hurricane fury: MVP drop, giant axe: MVP drop, saber[3] MVP drop(?) + has to be at least +9, twin edges: MVP drops AFTER you complete ET and fight the RG / RK for it because they want a violet fear + has to be at least +7 AND carded ( for AB / tornado damage) if you want a multipurpose weapon.

5: free speed pot comment is retarded, alchy class has ALWAYS had that. It's called Lif, and even as a genetic I still use urgent escape sometimes in WoE / PvP if a sorc or GX / minstrel with dark priest cards and high ASPD manages to steal all my SP to get out of tight spots. Besides speed pots are "not expensive" anyways... you are only spending a couple million an hour using them after all ;-P

6: how can Meph complain when he has SIX AoE skills of which FOUR cause abnormal status effects on ( granted you can't use one skill on every map so far ) AND CAN GET INSTANT CAST AS WELL, without sacrificing as much survivability as a genetic.

7: defensive skills: genetic has a stupid thorn trap that costs as much to cast as crazy weeds, works on a single cell AND still has cast time + mandragora howling that costs 5 skill points ( not counting pre-reqs ) that works at max 80% of the time on people your level or lower, doesn't make uninterruptable skills interruptable - some will still hit no matter what even if you hide and costs a catalyst, and bloodsucker, also requires a catalyst. Compare that to sorcs who have vacuum - works on a what 5x5 or 7x7 AoE and costs nothing, dispel that costs a Ygem, can SP steal you, can SP burn you ( and it can hurt a bit when you have 4-5K SP), have blinding mist for evasion and reduction, have fiberlock for extra fire damage trapping people, can stone curse for a gem, can change your element for pretty cheap after a quest, can ME - and it is still helpful in some situations, and can safety wall. Oh yeah and at ~125 can start to have enough HP to survive some normal GFists, and even some heavy hitter GFists if you get a SW off to soak up the extra damage using normal gears like immune nyd and ebone armors, you will NEVER get that with a genetic with normal gears, and probably won't get that survivability without GR + DR combo since even a full KVM set won't reduce damage that much. Oh yeah, and even a normally geared GoH / non gloomied CS will if not kill you outright take away ~90-95% of your HP on a genetic, all Meph has to do is blinding mist and laugh at the LoL damage on a sorc.

And good for you, you are 105... like that's hard to get. Here is a hint, it does not start to get hard to level until 118-120+ then gets even worse at 130+, come back and tell me I don't know my own classes ( since pretty much BETA days thank you very much ) potential or leveling habits when you actually start to have to go to harder dungeons and fields to level. Hell you didn't even have to try and level pre-RE as even a biochem much less an alchy ( that could get a whopping ~2-3% / hour mobbing bathories at 98 if the place wasn't busy ).

#17 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hmm the one who seems to not know the class is you.
Lets see here, 1: there just plain aren't that many ABs laying around that you can level with at any random time you get a chance to log in ( some people have lives you know ). 2: wait till you get to 130ish and tell me you are gonna one shot dragons ( and still keep that most likely giant axe / hurricane fury ) with no shield. 3: no way you can get "almost instant cast" with reduc gears alone. You can get down to maybe MAYBE 1/4 to 1/2 second IF you have strings, blessing, two sprint rings, dark illusion sunnies / elvens / miniglasses[1] ( bye bye ~3 levels worth of HP when you put em on then) , a +9 Katryn keyron carded hat, and at least +15 foods and 100 DEX and 110 INT, but mobs can and still will interrupt your cast. Good luck finding that minstrel to level / WoE with you full time too. 4: at 130 WITH an AB you can get maybe ~10-15% / hour at dragons / bradium golems if you go all out, but you spend 3-4K cannon balls easy and that's 1.4+M / hour and not even counting SP items ( rideword hat / nyd doesn't proc enough all the time to keep up SP) VS Mephs Sorc ( and heres a hint I have a 130's sorc as well ) that can kaahi level with the cost of..... maybe 300 red gems / hour in dragons... and thats if he is smart enough to have figured out kill cloud is a godsend down there. 4: it costs a hell of a lot less to outfit a sorc than a genetic, they need less reducs at the same places because of their much higher HP mod, don't need super expensive gears... even a +7 LBW is enough to level decently with and that costs what 1-3M on ymir now if that? Compare that to genetics, that need MVP drops to level decent and most of those have to be over upgraded. Lets see here hurricane fury: MVP drop, giant axe: MVP drop, saber[3] MVP drop(?) + has to be at least +9, twin edges: MVP drops AFTER you complete ET and fight the RG / RK for it because they want a violet fear + has to be at least +7 AND carded ( for AB / tornado damage) if you want a multipurpose weapon.

5: free speed pot comment is retarded, alchy class has ALWAYS had that. It's called Lif, and even as a genetic I still use urgent escape sometimes in WoE / PvP if a sorc or GX / minstrel with dark priest cards and high ASPD manages to steal all my SP to get out of tight spots. Besides speed pots are "not expensive" anyways... you are only spending a couple million an hour using them after all ;-P

6: how can Meph complain when he has SIX AoE skills of which FOUR cause abnormal status effects on ( granted you can't use one skill on every map so far ) AND CAN GET INSTANT CAST AS WELL, without sacrificing as much survivability as a genetic.

7: defensive skills: genetic has a stupid thorn trap that costs as much to cast as crazy weeds, works on a single cell AND still has cast time + mandragora howling that costs 5 skill points ( not counting pre-reqs ) that works at max 80% of the time on people your level or lower, doesn't make uninterruptable skills interruptable - some will still hit no matter what even if you hide and costs a catalyst, and bloodsucker, also requires a catalyst. Compare that to sorcs who have vacuum - works on a what 5x5 or 7x7 AoE and costs nothing, dispel that costs a Ygem, can SP steal you, can SP burn you ( and it can hurt a bit when you have 4-5K SP), have blinding mist for evasion and reduction, have fiberlock for extra fire damage trapping people, can stone curse for a gem, can change your element for pretty cheap after a quest, can ME - and it is still helpful in some situations, and can safety wall. Oh yeah and at ~125 can start to have enough HP to survive some normal GFists, and even some heavy hitter GFists if you get a SW off to soak up the extra damage using normal gears like immune nyd and ebone armors, you will NEVER get that with a genetic with normal gears, and probably won't get that survivability without GR + DR combo since even a full KVM set won't reduce damage that much. Oh yeah, and even a normally geared GoH / non gloomied CS will if not kill you outright take away ~90-95% of your HP on a genetic, all Meph has to do is blinding mist and laugh at the LoL damage on a sorc.

And good for you, you are 105... like that's hard to get. Here is a hint, it does not start to get hard to level until 118-120+ then gets even worse at 130+, come back and tell me I don't know my own classes ( since pretty much BETA days thank you very much ) potential or leveling habits when you actually start to have to go to harder dungeons and fields to level. Hell you didn't even have to try and level pre-RE as even a biochem much less an alchy ( that could get a whopping ~2-3% / hour mobbing bathories at 98 if the place wasn't busy ).

Congratulations you made sound hard something that is actually easy, almost every class spend that amount of money on leveling solo.
I never said you dont know your class, but jesus christ you never faced a Genetic on woe? I know how hard was leveling a bio in pre renewal but the best way was afk with homun on leveling spots.
I DONT KNOW if you are mad with mefis, I DONT CARE, but what you are saying is genetics are expensive to LEVEL? Please dont be such a moron... maybe in WoE and mvp are expensive but in leveling NO, is all about have the right gears, how is supussed to be.

You realized GoH and gloomy CS are ubalanced skills? Also Exceed break will 1 shot you in a worse way lol.

Okay what you said was retard you are chlling because you got slow cast time while wearing reduction gears? USE A MAGE CLASS with reduction gears you will know what is SLOW cast time!

Sorry for caps but you dont seem to play any other class besides genetics....

PS:Also you realized ALL god gears are good for genetics? <3

#18 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Trolololololol.

lol of course u can 1 shot mob t 105. i can also 1 sho mobs at 105 with sevre rainstorm, psykick wave, overbrand? 3rd class are powerfull, when you lvling a 105 3rd class is like lvling a lvl 5 novice. almost instant cast is nowhere near instant cast. if you wanna talk about instant cast a sorcerer can get it by simply having +10 and +20 int/dex food up with a 120int/110dex stats with a call Wind Ventus. god im sick of people saying oh this class is op cuz it has instant cast, oh this class is op cuz i get owned by em. they are not op, there are ways to counter certain class. L2P, maybe if people stop QQing on forum about other class being to OP, they will figure it out how to counter them

#19 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

lol of course u can 1 shot mob t 105. i can also 1 sho mobs at 105 with sevre rainstorm, psykick wave, overbrand? 3rd class are powerfull, when you lvling a 105 3rd class is like lvling a lvl 5 novice. almost instant cast is nowhere near instant cast. if you wanna talk about instant cast a sorcerer can get it by simply having +10 and +20 int/dex food up with a 120int/110dex stats with a call Wind Ventus. god im sick of people saying oh this class is op cuz it has instant cast, oh this class is op cuz i get owned by em. they are not op, there are ways to counter certain class. L2P, maybe if people stop QQing on forum about other class being to OP, they will figure it out how to counter them

genetic skills:
1.-easy to achieve a super fast time (OK no problem)
2.- they dont have aftercast delay (UMM OK No prob)
3.- They ignore racials (O.X)
DUDE YOU CANT HAVE ALL THAT BY NOTHING! i just want fixed cast times on genetic skills OR remove fixed cast times on all classes too!!!!!!
Remove after cast delay on all classes skills OR put after cast delay on GENetic skilss!!!!!
Make racials reduce genetic skills OR make all skills of all classes of all kind ignoring RACIALS!

#20 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Congratulations you made sound hard something that is actually easy, almost every class spend that amount of money on leveling solo.
I never said you dont know your class, but jesus christ you never faced a Genetic on woe? I know how hard was leveling a bio in pre renewal but the best way was afk with homun on leveling spots.
I DONT KNOW if you are mad with mefis, I DONT CARE, but what you are saying is genetics are expensive to LEVEL? Please dont be such a moron... maybe in WoE and mvp are expensive but in leveling NO, is all about have the right gears, how is supussed to be.

You realized GoH and gloomy CS are ubalanced skills? Also Exceed break will 1 shot you in a worse way lol.

Okay what you said was retard you are chlling because you got slow cast time while wearing reduction gears? USE A MAGE CLASS with reduction gears you will know what is SLOW cast time!

Sorry for caps but you dont seem to play any other class besides genetics....

PS:Also you realized ALL god gears are good for genetics? <3

Fisks reading comprehension = 0, that was leveling
Way to miss the point completely. Oh yeah, and way to miss the fact that I have a sorc that is higher than my genetic and a sura that is nearly the same level as well.
Name one single other core class other than merchants that consumes items worth more than 1-10Z to simply level. That means no expanded classes ( ninja and slinger are kinda stupid ideas TBH) BTW and probably not even archer classes since they have arrow crafting for free... maybe trapper builds but that is arguable since all they need is a quad HF dagger and never have to touch healing items. I guarantee you he spends 100% less than me leveling. As for your "slow cast time" on mages get some decent gears. My sorc has been killing 150s since it was ~115 and has a higher kill count than my genetic? Sorc is easier to get instant cast than genetic is.

Getting back to the point, yes I have a problem with Meph and I would kill his sorc with mine if I ever went to the bot infested hellhole that is valk. Just because he dies to one god geared genetic.... and hasn't WoEd in months according to one of his stupid rant posts, he wants to mess up a balanced class. If he is dieing on his sorc with 2 TIMES the HP a genetic has + defenses against both ranged and melee attacks he should just delete his last character. Period. End of story. A sorc can survive a LOT more than a genetic can. And yeah, I have fought other genetics, killed some and was killed by some, on both sorc and genetic.

Oh and BTW my cast on my genetic isn't slow. It's average / fast for non god items thank you much.

As for every god item is good for genetic... uh yeah, no. Bris is basically worthless. Yay extra .5% cast reduc and 800 damage when I wear 2 of them!!! And megs are better on other classes TBH, a sura / RK / RG gets much better burst damage with megs than genetics do.

Exactly. Especially people that have no idea HOW something is getting done, and how it is limited by number of items. Not every, or even most, genetic is going to have a hammer and shoes.

genetic skills:
1.-easy to achieve a super fast time (OK no problem)
2.- they dont have aftercast delay (UMM OK No prob)
3.- They ignore racials (O.X)
DUDE YOU CANT HAVE ALL THAT BY NOTHING! i just want fixed cast times ongenetic skills OR remove fixed cast times on all classes too!!!!!!
Remove after cast delay on all classes skills OR put after cast delay on GENetic skilss!!!!!
Make racials reduce genetic skills OR make all skills of all classes of all kind ignoring RACIALS!

You want to know why one class has no reuse delays and others do? You can have FIVE attack AoEs (yes you can have all five AoE attack skills in a sorcerer build!) with reasonable cast times that can get to instant cast to play with,and they can be cast one right after the other since they have only re-use delays. You also have a fast casting AoE trapping skill that can be mixed in with any of the other 5 AoE attack skills. Genetics are "either or" builds for the most part. If you want to be good at one thing the rest are not so good. You can be either howling OR good killing crazy vines, and the prereqs for crazy crazy vines is set up stupid and shouldn't be allowed in WoE just like any other skill that needs knockback for extra damage like Knuckle Arrow. Hybrids aren't really worth it, you lose damage. The one hybrid you can maybe do is howling + demonic fire branch and that's useless for the most part, tons of skill points for AoE acid bomb that isn't going to kill anyone except maybe 3rd classers who are still wearing eden gears...

As far as racials I don't know. I DO know defense is extremely gear dependent. I can hit one person for 10K damage in PvP with cart cannon and hit one other person 2 seconds later for 6K... and I know for a fact that the second person doesn't have access to a GR / DR combo. He does have a GR that can reduce everything a bit more. Almost everything is ranged in 3rd classes, immune isn't really the way to go anymore for PvP / WoE, get a noxious carded nyd mant and I think it is "heavy" valk / round buckler that reduces 30% of ranged attacks... this will help with Knuckle arrow and GoH as well.

Hell plant seems to be obeying WoE reductions at least ( and it seems like cart cannon is as well since it doesn't hurt nearly as bad anymore ) at 130 with only 18Kish HP hellplant should one shot me but it only does ~50% of the expected damage so seems to be reduced properly. As for ignoring racials so do traps as far as I know, and those can be spammed instant cast AoE a lot easier than cart cannon can, and do pretty close to the same damage as a moderately geared genetic would.

#21 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:21 PM

Fisks reading comprehension = 0, that was leveling
Way to miss the point completely. Oh yeah, and way to miss the fact that I have a sorc that is higher than my genetic and a sura that is nearly the same level as well.
Name one single other core class other than merchants that consumes items worth more than 1-10Z to simply level. That means no expanded classes ( ninja and slinger are kinda stupid ideas TBH) BTW and probably not even archer classes since they have arrow crafting for free... maybe trapper builds but that is arguable since all they need is a quad HF dagger and never have to touch healing items. I guarantee you he spends 100% less than me leveling. As for your "slow cast time" on mages get some decent gears. My sorc has been killing 150s since it was ~115 and has a higher kill count than my genetic? Sorc is easier to get instant cast than genetic is.

Getting back to the point, yes I have a problem with Meph and I would kill his sorc with mine if I ever went to the bot infested hellhole that is valk. Just because he dies to one god geared genetic.... and hasn't WoEd in months according to one of his stupid rant posts, he wants to mess up a balanced class. If he is dieing on his sorc with 2 TIMES the HP a genetic has + defenses against both ranged and melee attacks he should just delete his last character. Period. End of story. A sorc can survive a LOT more than a genetic can. And yeah, I have fought other genetics, killed some and was killed by some, on both sorc and genetic.

Oh and BTW my cast on my genetic isn't slow. It's average / fast for non god items thank you much.

As for every god item is good for genetic... uh yeah, no. Bris is basically worthless. Yay extra .5% cast reduc and 800 damage when I wear 2 of them!!! And megs are better on other classes TBH, a sura / RK / RG gets much better burst damage with megs than genetics do.

Exactly. Especially people that have no idea HOW something is getting done, and how it is limited by number of items. Not every, or even most, genetic is going to have a hammer and shoes.

You want to know why one class has no reuse delays and others do? You can have FIVE attack AoEs (yes you can have all five AoE attack skills in a sorcerer build!) with reasonable cast times that can get to instant cast to play with,and they can be cast one right after the other since they have only re-use delays. You also have a fast casting AoE trapping skill that can be mixed in with any of the other 5 AoE attack skills. Genetics are "either or" builds for the most part. If you want to be good at one thing the rest are not so good. You can be either howling OR good killing crazy vines, and the prereqs for crazy crazy vines is set up stupid and shouldn't be allowed in WoE just like any other skill that needs knockback for extra damage like Knuckle Arrow. Hybrids aren't really worth it, you lose damage. The one hybrid you can maybe do is howling + demonic fire branch and that's useless for the most part, tons of skill points for AoE acid bomb that isn't going to kill anyone except maybe 3rd classers who are still wearing eden gears...

As far as racials I don't know. I DO know defense is extremely gear dependent. I can hit one person for 10K damage in PvP with cart cannon and hit one other person 2 seconds later for 6K... and I know for a fact that the second person doesn't have access to a GR / DR combo. He does have a GR that can reduce everything a bit more. Almost everything is ranged in 3rd classes, immune isn't really the way to go anymore for PvP / WoE, get a noxious carded nyd mant and I think it is "heavy" valk / round buckler that reduces 30% of ranged attacks... this will help with Knuckle arrow and GoH as well.

Hell plant seems to be obeying WoE reductions at least ( and it seems like cart cannon is as well since it doesn't hurt nearly as bad anymore ) at 130 with only 18Kish HP hellplant should one shot me but it only does ~50% of the expected damage so seems to be reduced properly. As for ignoring racials so do traps as far as I know, and those can be spammed instant cast AoE a lot easier than cart cannon can, and do pretty close to the same damage as a moderately geared genetic would.

And all those are pathetic weak AoE skills lol.

I will give some facts in your face, so you will realize why genetics are unbalanced.
Lets see genetics got no fixed cast time, well is fine, not all the classes will got that, no delay too, well they can spam all their skills not big deal.

Mandragora Howling: This skill can make useless almost any class adding 5 seconds fixed cast time with a really high chance, luckly we got a "balance" but this is temporal so is just about wait and the :rolleyes: storm come back.

Hell Plant: Ignore demihuman reduction high damage even in woe, trap type skill, easly spammeable, long range also you can out put hell plants on the same cell, nothing will pass unless a RG use Eart Drive/trample, and luckly the RG dont suicide steping by mistake.

Thorn Trap: A trap wich can be casted on the enemy disabling it to move, you cant use earth drive cause it does dealt damage while you are on int, at least on WoE similar of blood sucker, the only thing that could counter that is trample.
This will disable almost any meelee class.

Acid Bomb: This skill itself is strong, not big deal in WoE but can be highly spamed as almost any of the genetic skills use megs and this skill will HURT. THIS SKILL SHOULDNT BE BASED ON ATK TOO!

Blood Sucker: Caster class, you are -_-d up! I can just spam that and laugh at you cause you wont able to do anything, unless is instant!

Cart Cannon: Problem GR? Unless the user of GR is a RG, it will drop in 3 seconds by CC spam. This skill is also AoE the best for leveling in this class. This skill also ignore Demi human reductions.

Thorn Wall: Another trap, good against almost any class but not awsome as thorn trap.

Cart Boost: Speed pot effect, and +50 atk too, Woah.......

Crazy vines: Not the best, but pretty good AoE skill.

Not mentioning all the +20 foods the genetics can make for themselves! Wait, i already mentioned it...
Genetics don't actually need hammer or shoes or megs to do a good averange damage, but when they got those, none class can even think about killing them.

Well you use another classes and you still think genetics are weak, cheap and balanced, that makes me think you want your class to still be OP, dont be fooling around.

I think almost ALL genetics skills are good, maybe Cart tornado is sucky tough? Well the point is they got skills for EVERYTHING except buff, full functional and strong killers, i would love to see you against a Megged/hammer/bryn Genetic on WoE or PvP.

Edited by FiskBlack, 04 July 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#22 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

Mefisto. Stop being idiot and stop complaining about Genetics in all possible threads.

[Myeorou]

Okay, okay... Your defense to genetics is okay... But one line annoyed me so much.

Each Severe Rainstorm cast requires 20z to work. We need to carry over 10k arrows to properly level. And we don't have neither a cart, nor increased carry without KP.

Well, let me think too. Great Echo uses a 200z catalyst... Almost the same price as the Cart Cannon cannonball, right? And requires a second performer, it has a cast time, and 10 seconds cooldown... Song of Despair [aka "dancer traps"] use the same catalyst.

And unlike a trapper, if a performer wants to use quad HF, he/she will suffer the pain of having horrible damage.

In the other side, they won't spend as much as a genetic because of their (someway) high HP mod... But a crappy SP mod. So the expenses (on potions only) might be the same.

But yeah. Maintaning a Genetic is costly as hell. Yes, they are very strong, but very expensive.

Also. ABs also need expensive catalysts to level. Blue Gemstones.

[Edit Note]

I think everyone is off topic. This topic was supposed to be "the best way to make money", not a Genetics X Sorcerers topic.

Edited by asayuu, 04 July 2011 - 08:32 PM.

#23 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

And all those are pathetit weak AoE skills lol. 14-20K is weak in WoE? Being crystalized / bleeding is weak? Taking wind damage ( that pretty much has no reductions that are used anymore besides maybe the blossom cards - and those are a retarded idea ) and getting stunned is weak? Ok, I will admit being poisoned is a bit on the weak side but the ~3 hits per second in the AoE of the spell makes up for that.

I will give some facts in your face, so you will realize why genetics are unbalanced.
Lets see genetics got no fixed cast time, well is fine, not all the classes will got that, no delay too, well they can spam all their skills not big deal.
Seriously, are you retarded?
Mandragora Howling:This skill can make useless almost any class adding 5 seconds fixed cast time with a really high chance, luckly we got a "balance" but this is temporal so is just about wait and the :rolleyes: storm come back. Boring killed genetics while howled on my sorc AND genetic. It helps when you have a guild allies that can I don't know work together. Level resistances also seem to apply to success on this as well.

Hell Plant:Ignore demihuman reduction high damage even in woe, trap type skill, easly spammeable, also you can out put hell plants on the same cell, nothing will pass unless a RG use Eart Drive/trample, and luckly the RG dont suicide steping by mistake. Gets destroyed by ME, crazy vines ganbentain and reflected by RG even if you are two portals or more away. This skill is working as intended since it was intended to do fixed damage based on the users int and targets level.

Thorn Trap:A trap wich can be casted on the enemy disabling it to move, you cant use earth drive cause it does dealt damage while you are on int, at least on WoE similar of blood sucker, the only thing that could counter that is trample.
This will disable almost any meelee class. No worse than ankle snare. RGs earth drive casts faster than the 1/ second damage this does, suras can snap out and sins can backslide out. damage is MUCH less than leechend.

Acid Bomb:This skill itself is strong, not big deal in WoE but can be highly spamed as almost any of the genetic skills use megs and this skill will HURT. THIS SKILL SHOULDNT BE BASED ON ATK TOO! Yeah 2 seconds fixed cast time and waht another 1-2 seconds animation delay is really spammable... it's adequate ONLY if you have sacrement + strings . if you want to give me my old formula back I would really welcome that.. the higher INT available and scaling of the old attack means it would get even stronger plus I could use those silly points in STR to get more VIT / AGI.

Blood Sucker:Caster class, you are -_-d up! I can just spam that and laugh at you cause you wont able to do anything, unless is instant! Plenty of un-interruptable skills, plenty of skills that cast faster than the 1 per second hits this does, the only really useful thing for bloodsucker is low level casters and shadow chasers that are stupid enough to shadow form lone genetics. Sorc skill killing cloud does damage for just as long AND can be precasted on portal spawns AND does ~2-3 hits per second versus the one hit per second genetics do.

Cart Cannon:Problem GR? Unless the user of GR is a RG, it will drop in 3 seconds by CC spam. This skill is also AoE the best for leveling in this class. This skill also ignore Demi human reductions. Maybe if the caster has god items or is buffed all to hell AND has string as well. No different than EDP SB dancing or even cross impact. Blinding mist seemed to reduce hits as well, I haven't tested yet with a genetic friend in PvP yet though... it just SEEMS like I can out pot cart cannon more often in mist.

Thorn Wall:Another trap, good against almost any class but not awsome as thorn trap. Seriously? Not as good as thorn trap? This is stupidly OP in WoE and should be disabled. No knockback means you take a LOT of damage at 193 ASPD. can be casted on walking targets to make sure they walk through it as well. Only fire spells / weapons negate it.

Cart Boost:Speed pot effect, and +50 atk too, Woah....... Seems to have been fixed to only work with only cart skills as intended - no longer adds 50 ATK to normal attacks meaning most likely not going to affect acid bomb either. Still no different than using Lifs urgent escape. Speed pots are available to anyone as well.

Crazy vines:Not the best, but pretty good AoE skill. Seriously? Wide area ganbentain + up to 10 hits of 1500% damage is only "pretty good"? This is one of the better skills genetics have, but it costs a lot to make up for how good it is, 10 items that are from one monster to make ~4ish casts.... unless you have a second genetic just to make supplies for your first one.

Not mentioning all the +20 foods the genetics can make for themselves! Wait, i already mentioned it... Yeah, if you want to sacrifice other stats so you can get a halfass decent brew rate sure.... or have a second genetic.
Genetics don't actually need hammer or shoes or megs to do a good averange damage, but when they got those, none class can even think about killing them. Pulease sura snaps in and GoHs up to 3 times instantly and the genetic is gone. GX oblivion curses and it's useless, GX venom impresses and EDP ECs and attacks at 185-193 ASPD the genetic is gone, ranger warg bites and stands back and snipes the genetic from farther away than the genetic can cast and it's gone..... we have no HP to speak of.

Well you use another classes and you still think genetics are weak, cheap and balanced, that makes me think you want your class to still be OP, dont be fooling around. You still have no reading comprehension do you? I said they are a balanced class without god items. Just because one class is better at surviving and not as good at killing without having to actually THINK does not make the class that is decent at killing and not so good at surviving weak.

I think almost ALL genetics skills are good, maybe Cart tornado is sucky tough? Well the point is they got skills for EVERYTHING except buff, full functional and strong killers, i would love to see you against a Megged/hammer/bryn Genetic on WoE or PvP. Yeah tornado is kinda sucky, demonic fire / expansion is pretty useless too. And I have fought decked genetics both on my sorc and with my genetic. It's not that difficult on the sorc, vacuum them and drop a mist on em, unless they have the blind immunity headgear along they are blind as long as they are in mist.... and sorcs have freecast and a longer cast range to the edge of the AoE. Plus it is always helpful to have guild backup since that is what WoE is for. EDIT: They also have buff skills through item sling even if it is kinda crappy for the most part.

Edited by meoryou2, 04 July 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#24 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

I think from the last posters we can decide the best way to make money already:

Genetics are very strong, and only need costly items to play good. So, target hunting items genetics use, they will sell. =p

Any genetic who thinks their HP or SP is too low, I invite you to play an archbishop. Surprisingly, not only you have better skills, but the same HP and even better SP...

Edited by Kadnya, 04 July 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#25 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

lol speed pots cost money? Urgent scape? Poor lif, she will die with any skill, you cant compare with cart boost.

hahaha, int give immunity to blind effect, good luck using bliding mist on the genetic, this also will help the genetic too considering the sorc cant target him too.

Int, yeah of course +80 str 2x megs are not good as 20+ int 100->120 you wanna talk dumb? You baddie...

Thorn trap is targed and ranged, you silly.

EDP sb is meelee, cart cannon is ranged, and one of those ignore demihuman reduction, guess wich one?

You know i dont like knowing GoH,CS,DB cant be stoped? Those should be fixed.

Crazy vines is good but not all the genetics know their potential, considering all their other skills are awsome too, but you just told me some stuff i didnt know! So that mean they got another super skill. Also thorn wall is OP too thanks for the advice!

Mhmm! I guess oblivion and warg strike just work on genetics, cool!

Fix? Disable god items for WoE/PvP and sieges. That would be better for the role playing!

I think from the last posters we can decide the best way to make money already:

Genetics are very strong, and only need costly items to play good. So, target hunting items genetics use, they will sell. =p

Any genetic who thinks their HP or SP is too low, I invite you to play an archbishop. Surprisingly, not only you have better skills, but the same HP and even better SP...

Kad, they just care about their class. Nothing else.

Edited by FiskBlack, 04 July 2011 - 09:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users