Get rid of the "level penalty" - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Get rid of the "level penalty"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

Or give people who are level 150 the special privilege of 100% dropsand 100% exp.

#2 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

I thought I read somewhere that iRO is going to remove the exp penalty for killing monsters much higher than you, and remove the drop penalty for killing monsters much lower than you. Does anybody know if this is in our future plans? Or just a rumor?

#3 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

So we can all just lvl off of 150 killers on -_-ty maps w/ lots of monsters.
Good Idea... not.

#4 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Or give people who are level 150 the special privilege of 100% dropsand 100% exp.

why you need exp on a 150? guild exp? i checked and its not affected by level penalty, about job... hein said something about a new sistem curve, when you are 150 you must be already job 50, and the people 150 before the update was about get gifted all job levels, the level penalty about monsters higher than you its stupid, BUT the penalty for lower monsters its A MUST with this NOOB renewal mechanic, where all people can be 150 in less than a month

#5 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Heim says a lot of things...lalala

#6 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

Exp penalty just needs to be polished up, the huge fall (+15-16) replaced by gradual reduction.
-higher level than player monsters should feel worth killing even when 20 levels higher
-lower level than player monsters should give slightly more exp, but not as much as to ruin the purpose of the exp penalty
Spoiler

But sadly, they don't give a damn about approaching it that way.
All Heim did was make a poll with the options whether we dislike higher or lower monsters giving crap exp.
And to everyones surprise most people voted "higher", except for people above lvl 130 who voted lower... see the problem there?
So what we then got is a promise that they'll change the penalty for higher levels.
Why the hell would they limit it to addressing only on of them anyways?
I also find it hard to believe that it's so hard to edit these numbers, that there wasn't any change yet.

#7 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

Why is it that Droyd always get so many down votes?

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

the exp penalties are actually a good way of keeping 90% of the server from using the same map from 1-150 (lolthors). drop penalties are just bad though since you actually NEED to hunt stuff lower than your level quite often for quests etc.

Players who have just changed to 3rd job at 10x lvl shouldnt have to put up with 14x lvl chars one-shotting everything in magma for example.

Edited by Hrothmund, 05 July 2011 - 06:49 AM.

#9 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

:rofl:.....(Wiping eyes)........ :wink: .......(Use eye drop)....... :Emo_21: ...

Goodness your coffee is a little too strong this sunrise Droyd! ( Running on the field calling a timeout :p_err: )

..Uuhem.., i though of plenty of treasures Elites can be doing, but i haven't heal from my injuries, from the battle ten years ago yet... I'm thinking of rewarding Unique Leadership to the next Game generation, at The Tournament, but will accept Diamond Square's offer as Advisor.

(Hmm..., the 100% drop is a Hall Of Fame Idea, but comes with a risk/price. The Market Block in the Highlands would be thrilled...
(Verdict in by Game Courts ruling on 100%exp.., Only 50%exp is awarded to the Winner of Monthly Tournament Celebrations. 2nd and 3rd places receive a scroll, entitling them 4 days of 50% ...) :rolleyes:

Edited by Scientistic, 05 July 2011 - 07:32 AM.

#10 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

The EXP penalty should definitely stick around in some form, at least for monsters below your level, but the harsh penalties all of a sudden when you get out of range are pretty irritating. I do hope, however, that the drop penalty permanently gets the boot from iRO.

... Between Droyd and Scientistic, I'm totally reminded of Time Cube guy somehow...

#11 Zalen

Zalen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

First of all you can't get rid of these penalty rates.. It would just make the game way to easy. You'd have people lvl 50 killing lvl 90+ monsters and leveling like crazy. Maybe upping the range of the the levels that you have to be to defeat monsters would work. For example.. Now its about anything 15 levels higher where you can currently level.. Change that number to about.. 20-22 levels higher and it might actually work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users