Rune Knight Build Guides - Page 3 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Rune Knight Build Guides

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#51 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

Swordsman and melee characters are somewhat different, as you do need enough DEX at all levels to hit monsters with enough accuracy (90% or so would be good). I can't really give you an exact number for every level but I'd just say to do it by feel; if you seem to be missing a lot, then pump DEX for the next level or two. Pump AGI when you are hitting things with enough accuracy so you can have more flee and attack speed. If you feel you are dodging well enough and are also hitting well enough, then you can add into STR.

Just to give you a rough idea, maybe aim for 10 STR, 20 AGI and 20 DEX at first, then maybe add AGI to 30. Then get to around 20 STR, 30 AGI, 30 DEX, and then try to get AGI to 40. Adjust this as you see fit depending on how you are faring against the monsters you are fighting. Also, even though you are an AGI build, you can still get VIT as well too, as it does help quite a bit, especially if you are planning on using any AOE at all.

I'd probably recommend going along something like this as your final build:

70 STR
90 AGI
45 VIT
1 INT
50 DEX
10 LUK

I added a bit of LUK since it gives some small bonuses (ATK, HIT, etc.) and doesn't cost very much to increase it to 10.

#52 MedMad

MedMad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi am RK lvl 113
My stat are : 70 str
80 agi
72 vit
44int
59 dex
33luk
am now reseting skill i need your help. i want to lvl has fast has possible and i also woe
can you please guide me trought stat wise and equipe please even stat if they arrent good Thank you!

#53 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

100 str
90 vit
53 int
60 dex

Bowling Bash + Ignition break, that'll be the fastest leveling method. Just made a brand new RK, and that's exactly what I did, and went from novice -> 142 in a week.

Spoiler

#54 Smolderbil

Smolderbil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

100 str
90 vit
53 int
60 dex

Bowling Bash + Ignition break, that'll be the fastest leveling method. Just made a brand new RK, and that's exactly what I did, and went from novice -> 142 in a week.

Off-Topic: Hey, aren't you itachi?

#55 MedMad

MedMad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hello back am now Lvl 135. I have been adviced by my guild member for my stat but more question remain.
I want to have: a Very strong DB
To use Cs and SB effectily.
HS has my secondary atak (Wont use mora set)
Right now here are my stat.

Str:90 aim for => 100 to hit a strong CS
agi: 1 i eard i should boost this since il get masquerade a lot. (i have noticed during pvp iget masquerade very easy).
Vit:100
int:100
dex: 83 => for this stat i much confused some say 90 is the way to go and that flee have been boosted so i wont hit other wise other pretend 75 is ok to hit evrey thing and that ishould boost luk to have a more powerfull CS untill now am aiming for 90.
luk: 20 aim =>41

alright so there you have it

Gears :
COD+7 => +9 card recomendation please i eard carat was the way to go since am to poor to aford an Maya p
pirat dagger
With does gears the no armor i can use with a set i have been recomended glorious suit. but i have a big status resistance problem should i just cary a second armor?
imune Niddg +6 =.+12
carnial valk +9
variant shoes
urs seal aim for => medal of honor
hide clip aim for = > glorius ring and some thing for sight a clip mostly

for the weapon the choice is clear Glorious spear but what can i use untyl then currently using bloody batle hook+4 decent bether than assulter+0

my buget is about 300M to 400M

Please make shure to put precise explaination acording to your answer or i might not consider them (i need to understand what am doing other wise am noobing edlessly) Thank you in advence!

#56 delamare32

delamare32

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationVA Beach, VA!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hello back am now Lvl 135. I have been adviced by my guild member for my stat but more question remain.

agi: 1 i eard i should boost this since il get masquerade a lot. (i have noticed during pvp iget masquerade very easy).
dex: 83 => for this stat i much confused some say 90 is the way to go and that flee have been boosted so i wont hit other wise other pretend 75 is ok to hit evrey thing and that ishould boost luk to have a more powerfull CS untill now am aiming for 90.

Gears :
COD+7 => +9 card recomendation please i eard carat was the way to go since am to poor to aford an Maya p
pirat dagger
With does gears the no armor i can use with a set i have been recomended glorious suit. but i have a big status resistance problem should i just cary a second armor?
imune Niddg +6 =.+12
carnial valk +9
variant shoes

for the weapon the choice is clear Glorious spear but what can i use untyl then currently using bloody batle hook+4 decent bether than assulter+0

Please make shure to put precise explaination acording to your answer or i might not consider them (i need to understand what am doing other wise am noobing edlessly) Thank you in advence!

hunting spear or brocca(+9)

Edited by delamare32, 03 September 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#57 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

INT in multiples of 8 to increase Storm Blast damage.

#58 MedMad

MedMad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Gears :
COD+7 => +9 card recomendation please i eard carat was the way to go since am to poor to aford an Maya p Also if i can have some cast time reduction or delay card one it in that case wht?
pirat dagger
imune Niddg +6 =.+12
carnial valk +9
variant shoes

i forgot to say i bought a +9 pike in hope of using 4 magnolian card has a status weapon
am realy looking for a way to take RG and sura decently.

Has have i seen on a video an Rk using frost driver or nova frost on a RG on pvp befor CS ing him how can i achive that?

And is ther something i should knw about sura excetp using millenium shields and SB when the CC?

For RG i eard som crazy stuf about using rune in frenzy but you cant use item on frenzy right..?

Is ther posible card or weapon that break amor i know of the mailbreaker but its hard to use whit no agi and no apropriat skill since its a dagger.. thx a lot !

#59 KnighteyKnight

KnighteyKnight

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

1. using frost diver? maybe they used blue naght sieger

2. ashura can be reflected back by using Death Bound (you still take damage or died)

3. you cant uses rune when you in frenzy state AFAIK, maybe others can helps with this one

4. i only know that Atlas Sword can break your opponent's armor

#60 ArkAngel905

ArkAngel905

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

How would the IB/BB buld make up for the loss of the SP for INT? Would it be significantly less damaging than a pure DB/HS build?

#61 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi, after reading everybody's post, now I have no idea which build of RK I should choose.
I have no zeny and I have no god items, so can I assume that RK is not a class for me?

Thanks.
:p_sad:

#62 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

RK is not god item dependent class..& no matter which class you choose, You end up requiring a lot of zenny for getting good gears for WoE/MvP/PvP..
You can start a RK..but, I recommend to have a merchant alongside..with overcharge & discount skils maxed, you can save & earn a lot !!

#63 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

RK is not god item dependent class..& no matter which class you choose, You end up requiring a lot of zenny for getting good gears for WoE/MvP/PvP..
You can start a RK..but, I recommend to have a merchant alongside..with overcharge & discount skils maxed, you can save & earn a lot !!

Ya, actually I'm of merchant class right now, but training is so slow, and drinking water is wasting me a lot of money.
So I'm considering maybe a swordsman class, with that hp recovering skill, I can just sit down and wait.
But I don't know which build of RK I should go with.
I'm just gonna play PvM. Some people say SVD, some people say AGI.......

Any suggestion?

#64 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Being a RK is gonna take some time...First you have too figure which Build you want your knight to be..imo, AGI knights or Hybrid Knights level up much faster than SVD..
More Info here: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Knight

#65 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

How "effective" is the hybrid build?
Would I end up hitting lower level monsters, and missing and dying from hitting monsters who are higher level than me?
Let say if I was level 120, I wouldn't have problem hitting monsters of level 120 and lower, but what about monsters of level 130 and higher?

Let me know if my question is stupid, thanks.
:p_sick:

#66 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Following the premise that it's typically unwise to put too many points into one/a few stats, hybrid builds are almost always more effective than a monolithic build. With the hybrid RK, you won't miss monsters, since Dragon Breath requires fairly high DEX anyway. You get (almost) the best of both worlds: the speedfreak 2-handed sword AGI build and the bulky, AoE-oriented DB build.

Personally, I'm aiming for a pure DB/HS build because I want to have the highest possible damage in those skills, but you should never underestimate the strength of a hybrid build. The "jack-of-all-trades" types work surprisingly well in this game.

#67 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Following the premise that it's typically unwise to put too many points into one/a few stats, hybrid builds are almost always more effective than a monolithic build. With the hybrid RK, you won't miss monsters, since Dragon Breath requires fairly high DEX anyway. You get (almost) the best of both worlds: the speedfreak 2-handed sword AGI build and the bulky, AoE-oriented DB build.

Personally, I'm aiming for a pure DB/HS build because I want to have the highest possible damage in those skills, but you should never underestimate the strength of a hybrid build. The "jack-of-all-trades" types work surprisingly well in this game.

Cool, thanks for telling me.

Do hybrids often use spears or two-handed swords?

#68 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Spears are more preferred as it can be used for hundred spears too..
Two handed swords are preferred for quick leveling as a LK & early stages of RK..

#69 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Spears are more preferred as it can be used for hundred spears too..
Two handed swords are preferred for quick leveling as a LK & early stages of RK..

Ok, I think I'm gonna try a hybrid following Mr. Budd's guide.
And I'll choose the one-handed spear from Eden instead of the two-handed sword.

Thanks for the advice.

:p_idea:

#70 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hybrid with vellum spear / mailbreaker / vellum khaltz is wtf is woe

#71 Tashohnie

Tashohnie

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

I'm in a touch position, recently come back to Ragnarok about 10 days ago on my 62 knight, I've rebirthed and I'm now 101 RK. I leveled up to 101 as a 2H aspeed character and had lots of fun although it did go really slow towards the end, even though I had 190 aspeed. I hit 100 and turned in to a Vit/CS type RK and to be honest got bored and started a new character. I've now stat reset and skill reset and really don't know what way to go, I followed the aspeed guide on that link and had fun but found at around 100 it just didn't seem to go as fast, as the vit/cs build I could 1 shot some mobs which was fun but not really overly fun...

Just a bit stuck as to what to do now :/

#72 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm using the skill simulator for RK:

Dragon Breath 10 -> Dragon Training 2 = 12 Points
Ignition Break 5 -> Death Bound 5 / Sonic Wave 2 / Wind Cutter 3 / Enchant Blade 5 / Rune Mastery 2 = 22 Points
Hundred Spear 10 -> Phantom Thrust 3 = 13 Points

12 + 22 + 13 = 47 Points

At job 50, there will be only 2 points left, at this point, Rune Mastery and Dragon Training Aren't maxed, and I thought these two skills were quite useful/important, so, how do you guys deal with this?

Thanks.
:p_sick:

#73 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Max rune mastery and Dragon training, there is no reason to not max those.

#74 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Don't get DB + IB + HS. Get two of them, usually DB and something else. Rune Mastery is kind of a must.

#75 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Don't get DB + IB + HS. Get two of them, usually DB and something else. Rune Mastery is kind of a must.

So it comes down to IB vs HS??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users