make free valkerie server worth playing - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

make free valkerie server worth playing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tobuman

Tobuman

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

I downloaded game today registered account/patched/made char... and to my horror there were 90-95% bot's in training area... and players everywhere outside of training area abusing practically every rule there is!!!

How can the Valkerie server be worth a darn when:

1. players can use dead branches on any map...(theres should be a designated room)

2.There are merchant shops everywhere in towns... and i mean everywhere, in the street~offthe street inside houses,on maps

3.The Economy is overrun price gouging,shopps with x100 of 10 different card= botting etc....

4. New players can't even get to the town they need too to turn into mage class because on maps that don't spawn high lvl monsters ~there are mvp's
and high lvl mobs~ spawned from dead branch....

P.S. i played this "Original" "MAIN" server expecting to be able to experience the game with clasic 1/1/1 rates but instead of finding a fun friendly comunity with helpful [GM]'s i found a un-managed server overran with bot's,unstable economy,Extremely unfriendly players,zenny sellers,spammbots and the like.....

Most dedicated private Servers are 100% better than this crap existence of an excuse for a server. thanks :/
~TOBU~

Edited by Tobuman, 20 August 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#2 Tobuman

Tobuman

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

seriously no one comment's???

#3 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

Yeah,and this is one of the main reasons why more people play this game over in Korea more than here in the states due to all those things you listed.Newer players to the game have little to no chance to ever hit the 2nd jobs without help if they hope reach to it thus forcing them back into pservers again.Just picture if all those bots were players at how much money Valk/Ymir would be getting.

Bots are nearly impossible to get rid of because of their ability to adapt to 1 thing,just like monsters that attack on site,bots are programs that have a 1 track mind that have command list of things to do when encountered.The best thing imo for GMs to do to slow botters is to change up on how they go after them everyday.Say if Heimdale for example were to just install something like Punkbuster,that would work for a period of time until the botters came up with the anti version then they adapt and go on with their usual bull.But if Heimdale did Punkbuster one day,threw in a Karfa that deleted 3rd party sprites another day,went on a deleting spree with other Gravity GMs the next ect. Then youll have results because the majority of botters are lazy players and most wouldnt know how to change the AI for each day/week,and it would most likly piss them off.Some may quit,others would stay,but bots would be slowed making them near damn press left click like everyone esle..

#4 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

I downloaded game today registered account/patched/made char... and to my horror there were 90-95% bot's in training area... and players everywhere outside of training area abusing practically every rule there is!!!

How can the Valkerie server be worth a darn when:

1. players can use dead branches on any map...(theres should be a designated room)

2.There are merchant shops everywhere in towns... and i mean everywhere, in the street~offthe street inside houses,on maps

3.The Economy is overrun price gouging,shopps with x100 of 10 different card= botting etc....

4. New players can't even get to the town they need too to turn into mage class because on maps that don't spawn high lvl monsters ~there are mvp's
and high lvl mobs~ spawned from dead branch....

P.S. i played this "Original" "MAIN" server expecting to be able to experience the game with clasic 1/1/1 rates but instead of finding a fun friendly comunity with helpful [GM]'s i found a un-managed server overran with bot's,unstable economy,Extremely unfriendly players,zenny sellers,spammbots and the like.....

Most dedicated private Servers are 100% better than this crap existence of an excuse for a server. thanks :/
~TOBU~

Survival of the fittest pretty much go here, That is why some guilds do rescue mission of novices (my guild has done so when found lost players

lets see if I can tackle this

1.- There have been putting limit in some places where you cannot break branches anymore, but pretty much there is this freedom because people complain when is take it away...

2.- Valk doesn't have that much of control, even if misntrel/gypsy start cleaning streets, they can get in trouble

3.- report suspected shops, prices are always changing, bnot much to do, I'm happy marc card price went down, since I need to buy 30 cards more for guildmates since they cannot afford so ^^u

4.- Pretty much goes like this, get the job levels at novice training, do the test, so they give you free warp tickets, use it, look for the hot spots of players, prontera is like a metropolis full of crime yet there is still good people living in there...

/hmm about the last comment, 90% of valk server population comes from private servers... So saying that is kind of a contradiction... A lot of people who came from Privates just go wild... to the point I cannot even say it in here.

Valk is not the original main, that was ymir pre-valk era... Yet evrybody know Valk is a rougher tougher server that started 0.5X exp/drop

Is gonna sound mean, but if you wanna experience a original tought server, only ARO (Arabian) is the one still left since is newest oficial server...

Also, you have barely one day playing alone, my latest guildmates, four of them played alone until second class, two of them leveled outside "Exp Quests", when I meet them they were in the worse condition yet they have a fricking will of survival and love for their characters, they found themselves feeling weird to the point of one of them telling me, is weird to have so many people looking at him as a equal even being new/poor and badly armored second class (and add her sister running with a new hat in the back int he scene)

At the end what make any server playable is the own community, you can solo your way to certain level, yet even new content without friends is out of reach... And this is a base for being happy in here

Edited by Kiryu, 22 August 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#5 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

2. Use http://ragial.com/3 to search for items you want. Besides, the clustered vendors has always been a thing every since even before Iris came along.

As for your private server comment, do you wonder why there are no bot farms on private servers? Because gold farmers don't give a damn about private servers. This is why mostly only official servers of any MMO have bot farm issues.

It seems that your main gripes are bots and dead branches. DBs have always been part of the game, even during "classic" RO. Bloody Branches is a whole other issue, but on the majority of the time, if you post what MvP is wandering around what map on the forums, people will go there and clean it up for you.

#6 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

unfortunately a lot of the problems being experienced on valk are old problems experienced by the old original servers.

there will always be botters, if you have an in game currency, botters will always try to profit from it. unfortunately being the big business it is, they employ the best minds to make sure they stay one step in front of any anti-botting measures.

the vendors on prontera main street have always appealed to me i must admit. the item search database that is available is definately an advantage. any vendor selling what looks like botted items should be investigated IMO.

dead branches have always been a prickly subject, i have many posts on the old forums calling for their use to be restricted. i would say that dead branches was probably the starting point for the mass exodus of players off the game. i played the old chaos server for years and almost everybody had a merchant AFKing in orc dungeon. this was practically destroyed overnight by people spamming dead branches (newly upgraded to include the super biolab monsters) and killing everybody in orc dungeon. beginner spots were also a favourite location too, effectively killing off any new interest in the game. bloody branches on the other hand, were extremely rare, expensive and used solely for what they were there for.

in the end, a decision which i believe cost gravity dear was to listen to the few, not the many and allow the free usage of dead branches to continue. within months my complete guild and friends list had all quit. dead branches wasn't the sole issue but definately to many the beginning of the end.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

There are botters in every MMO.

#8 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

Valk was designed to have people transfer to Premiums. You already have a huge benefit by being able to have unlimited accounts.

#9 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

While what either sides are saying (DBs should be stopped/restricted, No-DBs would cause hate-mail) I have to take the side of at least restricting the DBs to a certain extent. For example, not calling in 10 different monsters - among them perhaps a Thanatos - and killing off a new player.
Or Dungeon-Only restrictions. In Dungeons you expect stronger monsters, but if you're in the middle of Prontera, walking to Izlude and being killed by a DB-Monster is not fun.
You lose players - even players who might consider paying for Ymir later on.

C-A

#10 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

DB was nerfed.... it use to let us break in towns. Ah~ the good old days :lol: Darn thoses DB abusers >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users