7/5 Maintenance - Page 8 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

7/5 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#176 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Can we also get some kind of recycler for these kvm medals? Please???

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

#177 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Give them to me and I'll recycle them Posted Image

#178 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

So, hows the Alarms going?

#179 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

Why only /alchemist had been reseted? Why not /blacksmith and /taekwon?

If I were to make an educated guess, it's probably because alchemist's can build the points MUCH faster than any other, and it even's the playing field a little when things like this are done... this is just a guess, not sure to be honest... but I think it's a pretty fair guess.

#180 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

Also, Potions are used up quite fast as I assume, while tons of people have weapons from top ten blacksmithes aren't used up, they stay, and it could be very annoying for all players if their top ten weapons loose their bonus for a longer time because the blacksmith is on vacation or just hasn't the time or materials to catch up to the top ten.
Taekwon Points are also harder to get as Alchemist points, exspecially after renewal...

#181 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

I know, right? Cause some alchemists can get 250,000 ranking points in a day, possibly? It still caters to people who have a lot of money, or a big guild where they can say "Go and get me this junk to get ranking". Us littler guild alchemists have to make do with scrounging it, and now I have to do it all over again...

I might be missing something, but if your not currently ranked why is the reset bothering you? its not like you can slowly build up points to someday be ranked, because as you said a professional ranked potter will just make another 200k pots or something and push you off the list again (which is what they do regularly).

#182 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

I might be missing something, but if your not currently ranked why is the reset bothering you? its not like you can slowly build up points to someday be ranked, because as you said a professional ranked potter will just make another 200k pots or something and push you off the list again (which is what they do regularly).

I was ranked, and it took a lot of work.

Personally, I'd prefer a system where they just removed people who hadn't made any movement on the list for the last three months off. That way, active players would stay on, and people that weren't... wouldn't.

#183 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

The alchemist needs to reset to keep some of the market flowing and to be sure that retired 'chemists get off the list.

For TKD list I would be concerned if my ability to play the character disappeared 1 day due to a reset. Frankly a game mechanic where only the top 10 get to use the skills is extremely competitive, perhaps too much so.

And smiths, we likely will do resets on that list at longer intervals. Not sure how long yet but likely a year +.

#184 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

The alchemist needs to reset to keep some of the market flowing and to be sure that retired 'chemists get off the list.

For TKD list I would be concerned if my ability to play the character disappeared 1 day due to a reset. Frankly a game mechanic where only the top 10 get to use the skills is extremely competitive, perhaps too much so.

And smiths, we likely will do resets on that list at longer intervals. Not sure how long yet but likely a year +.

Does this mean we're getting another raffle, or another way to obtain more starsand?

#185 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

I saw plenty of starsand floating around on all the servers... perhaps a turnin for Bathories?

#186 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

I saw plenty of starsand floating around on all the servers... perhaps a turnin for Bathories?

That would be nice too, especially if you could put an eden npc to bypass needing a key for vip.

#187 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

A turn in sounds a lot more fair.

There's still so much Starsand in the market. Better to supplement the supply than completely drown us in them.

#188 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

I wouldn't reset the smith list because of the nature of the goods provided. People have to pay big money to use the weapons over a long period of time. Retired smith's weapons still hold value to their active owners. The alchemist situation is different because they are typically consumed quicker. People still pay big money, but those who buy in bulk usually have faith that the chemist that makes them will maintain their ranking. Top ranking blacksmith weapons are not very competitive so consumers probably aren't worried about buying weapons from a ranker even if that ranker is retired.

#189 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hey, Heim, make the turn-in exp be given to players in chunks of like 300k. I just found out I'm going to basically lose 2/3 of the turnin due to my level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users