Reward NPC for Alarm TI - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reward NPC for Alarm TI

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Otheos

Otheos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

So.. i did killed 400 Alarms and went to the npc which gave me the quest.
He is just telling me to wait until the 23h passed.
Do I really have to wait 23h to accept my quest reward? (hitted level 96 while killing the alarms)

#2 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:07 AM

Yes Heim said this.

"Accepting the larger Hunt Quest will start a 23 hour timer, after the timer expires and you have completed the Hunt Quest you can turn it in for full value of what the Monsters hunted were worth if you solo killed them!"

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=107

#3 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

lol how retardet is that, srsly?

THATS THE WAY TO DO IT GM!!
Get Quest -> Kill Monster -> Turn in -> Play any other game for 23hours -> get quest -> Kill Monsters...

#4 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

nah get a quest > kill monster > turn in > use a diffrent character to lvl. rotate it around and 23hr will pass w/o u noticing

#5 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

And I'm rather sure that your level 96 (OP) is over the TI limit.

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

And I'm rather sure that your level 96 (OP) is over the TI limit.

If you have the quest active in your quest log you can turn it in even if you've gone out of level range since accepting it.

#7 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Server:What server?

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

Nice point, I had cases like those during pre-RE TI quests.

Although... if after finishing the quest (regardless the level), no reward is given, and yet the 23h timer just started... it looks strange for me (that's what I understood)

EDIT: so, if I'm not misunderstanding again: you start the quest, 23h count down begins, you can only turn in after those 23h? (basing on @Sheckley post)

Edited by NeoNilox, 06 July 2011 - 06:37 AM.

#8 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

Yes Heim said this.

"Accepting the larger Hunt Quest will start a 23 hour timer, after the timer expires and you have completed the Hunt Quest you can turn it in for full value of what the Monsters hunted were worth if you solo killed them!"

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=107

That makes the least sense of anything ever. Why delay the turnin like that?

#9 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

i would say it is for the sake of parties, you wont automatically leave after just getting the quest reward. If the monster base exp is good enough it would help people partying and helping other people get the quest done

#10 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

The map itself isn't suited to parties though. It's structurally terrible.

#11 Sheckley

Sheckley

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationiRO Valk

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

I guess it is because of the bug abuse of the anni quest. It is easier to implement a cooldown with the real quest instead of another quest which disable to get the turn in quest again.

#12 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

lol how retardet is that, srsly?

THATS THE WAY TO DO IT GM!!
Get Quest -> Kill Monster -> Turn in -> Play any other game for 23hours -> get quest -> Kill Monsters...

Or, how about
Get quest > Kill monsters > Turn in > THEN you could: do the quest on another chara, grind normally elsewhere, mvp, pvp, sit and chat, run a instance, hunt items, help a nuub, or many other things. Remember, there are other things you can do besides only level when there's a over powered event.

#13 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Turnin is delayed so the party is more likely to stick around and make sure everyone got their quest filled out, and then login the next day to collect the reward and grab the quest again. It was also so we could in theory use fewer of the journal entries.

This is meant to be a trial of something we want to have more permanently, so this 1st weeks feedback is important for how we develop the rest of them.

#14 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

I +1 the new turnins, the old players need to consider that this turn ins, is for the new people on the server, those that dont have 3 150 chars on their account, this events will make easier the grinding, allow to meet new people.

And i would like to kudos the administration, because they are focusing more on the new players, and the potential economical gain that could lead to, because lets be honest, 3/4 of the "old players" that say they play this game and pay for the manual and etc, are mostly bored of this game, most of them dont really enjoy the game anymore =S

#15 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh. More daily quests? Cool!
Zenys, itams and eXPs plz!

Edited by Nitro, 06 July 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

I +1 the new turnins, the old players need to consider that this turn ins, is for the new people on the server, those that dont have 3 150 chars on their account, this events will make easier the grinding, allow to meet new people.

And i would like to kudos the administration, because they are focusing more on the new players, and the potential economical gain that could lead to, because lets be honest, 3/4 of the "old players" that say they play this game and pay for the manual and etc, are mostly bored of this game, most of them dont really enjoy the game anymore =S

I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure even new players would prefer getting their quest rewards NOW rather than wait for it. >_>

#17 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Now that I think about it I understand in a way why it's done like this.

Every Turn in event we've had thus far that was really good or even mediocre, many people have relied on it exclusively for their leveling needs. Having it the way it serves as a sizable boost to experience without it being an easy way to max level.

Only issue I see with it is the cool down is a bit excessive. 12 hours would probably work better. Not too broken for the work involved

#18 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

The problem in the Alarm map is the same as making a turnin event on Hunter Fly map, or Dark Priests.

They are HIGH botted maps (on Valkyrie). And then we need to compete the kills with the bots.

At least it's easy to know who is bot there, and we can KS they. [Aka rogues level 99]

But... Well, yes. If the GMs could give a better look to this map while the event is running, some people [me] would be glad.

Note: You don't need VIP to get warp to CT3. Just always vote Cool Event on the dungeon teleport service. They have GH, Byalan 3 and CT3

#19 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Turnin is delayed so the party is more likely to stick around and make sure everyone got their quest filled out, and then login the next day to collect the reward and grab the quest again. It was also so we could in theory use fewer of the journal entries.

This is meant to be a trial of something we want to have more permanently, so this 1st weeks feedback is important for how we develop the rest of them.

I can sort of understand why some people are complaining about this not being instantly repeateble since this is supposed to be an event. But, if this is a template for future, permanent, TI quests for 100+, it looks like a good idea. A TI quest that gives great exp, but with a full or half day cool down so that it's not event level over powered. Perhaps you may also want to look into other daily quest concepts like a delivery quest that changes delivery location and reward as you get higher level. Maybe as a level 40 you have to take something to second level of izalude dungeon and get 80k base/job exp but as say a level 120 you may have to take something to a person in juperos or someplace that is a challenge for that level and gives maybe 500k base/job. Basically, more daily quests like the Midgar Ore quest.

#20 Yuutsuki

Yuutsuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Question!
The npc said the turn in is for level 70-95. My character is 70 but he won't let me take the quest...
Shouldn't the turn in be for 71-95 so as not to be misleading?

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Question!
The npc said the turn in is for level 70-95. My character is 70 but he won't let me take the quest...
Shouldn't the turn in be for 71-95 so as not to be misleading?

There was a script error I believe Heim or Oda pointed out, it will get fixed.

#22 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

The killing portion of the quest is also entirely useless to anyone under 73.

#23 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

The killing portion of the quest is also entirely useless to anyone under 73.

Go kill goats. They'll give you 3 quick levels (70-73) so you can get the EXP. :waddle:

#24 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

if you use a little bit of zeny, you can easily get to 76 with the maneater blossom turnins

#25 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

Go kill goats. They'll give you 3 quick levels (70-73) so you can get the EXP. :waddle:

My Chaser is like 102, but I plan on using Harpies from 68 to 88, and then Wolves from 88 to 92, and then Kobolds to 99 for my Mastersmith.

My friend tried to do Alarms, but his party of 3 fell apart after like 280 kills. He then sturggled to find another party so gave up on it. He was playing a Sage.

Also, getting 76 off of Blossoms is expensive, even if the sellers are trying to undersell each other. Last I saw it was 800 per Blossom. It'd be millions to get to 76.

Edited by Scott, 07 July 2011 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users