Level 145+ Prize Medals worth it? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Level 145+ Prize Medals worth it?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ssibal

ssibal

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

If at level 145+ is using x3 Battle Manual + VIP + Prize Medals worth using to level to 150? And if this IS worth doing, how many x3 BM you think is needed? Considering the time of clicking the npc 0.o

#2 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

............ Do you have that many Medals that a Single BMx3 isn't enough ?

#3 ssibal

ssibal

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

I have around 6k Prize medals... was wondering if I should use that to 150 my character which is currently at 145 or use it to get weapons or armors

#4 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

6k Medals shouldn't take more than 30mins. So just 1 BMx3 is enough.
You might also want to find out first how many Medals you need exactly to ding 150, and you might have some left for equipment you want... or Job Exp.

........Why didn't you do this Yesterday while we still had 2x EXP going on too ?????????

Edited by Pyrasia, 07 July 2011 - 07:03 AM.

#5 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

server exp doesnt affect the medals but vip/non-vip does :lol:

#6 ssibal

ssibal

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

Yeah x2 Exp doesnt affect it I believe. Is it really that fast to burn through 6k medals in 30 minutes? 0.o Coulda sworn it took longer than that to keep spamming the npc

#7 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

it really isnt that long, it takes like 3 minutes to get through 2k

#8 ssibal

ssibal

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

Ohh wow. Alright thanks guys lol gotta see how many medals I'll need first

#9 ssibal

ssibal

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

if not im not wrong I can be getting 432m exp with vip+6k medals+x3bm thats pretty close to 145-150. Wow lol

#10 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

i havent tried using medals past 145. But personally, i have from 100-120 the exp IS AWESOME. You can plug alot of the medals into your jobs and get ahead on your job exp really early so you dont end up being 150/46. And have vip/x3 battle manual so you can get the most out of the medals.

Edited by Cubical, 06 July 2011 - 09:24 AM.

#11 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

job exp is based on base level. if you plan to do jobs with medals, do base first.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

job exp is based on base level. if you plan to do jobs with medals, do base first.

Base level 141 is all you need and you can get the maximum job exp possible with the medals.

#13 DeadlySinner

DeadlySinner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Just a friendly suggestion. DO NOT USE Prize Medals for Job exp. It's a WASTE. 6k is enough to get you from 145-150 on x3. Or at least close.

#14 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

Just a friendly suggestion. DO NOT USE Prize Medals for Job exp. It's a WASTE. 6k is enough to get you from 145-150 on x3. Or at least close.

I was at 60% to base level 147 and got 150 with 150 prize medals to spare using 4k medals.

It would of been worth it to me if they left bio 2 turn in one more week. I could of use the hat and put all the exp toward job to finish it out. Had no clue the high level characters in the game would only get one week to do their turn in when everybody else got 2. This game hates high level characters. We get no love.

#15 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

The game caters to high lvl people. Woe/pvm/pvp and most of the mechanics for it are catered to higher lvls. You've had countless exp and turn in events. It would be hard for gms to make it any easier in the midst of all the medals in box and exp events unless they put in a kafta lvlin coupon

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Oh I know someone who got to lv150 through x3 BM's+Medals alright...And they were lv125 when the Bio2 turn in began too. No, they did not get 20+ levels through the quest before using medals.

#17 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

The game caters to high lvl people. Woe/pvm/pvp and most of the mechanics for it are catered to higher lvls. You've had countless exp and turn in events. It would be hard for gms to make it any easier in the midst of all the medals in box and exp events unless they put in a kafta lvlin coupon

The game hardly caters to high levels. WOE is definitely not a place for low levels. PvP doesn't really matter. I went in before I was a third level. Went up agains friends my own level. PvM is good for high or low levels. They set the game up where you can go to a area and level no matter what level you are. So I really don't know what your talking about. As far as the GM's selecting bonus stuff goes, they definitely cater to low levels. There has been several low level turn in events. More than I can count. The quests they design are for low levels. I can't remember a quest that catered to people above 125. What turn events have high levels had. Abyss and Bio2? The 2x exp helps everybody but that doesn't mean that the high levels should be left out of the turn in events. My character is 150. I leveled that character to 150. Mostly straight up grinding. I can tell you that its a lot harder getting from 125 - 150 than it is to level a character to trans and back up to third level. I have 3 third level characters so I should know.

Edited by DarkDan, 06 July 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#18 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

if you are not a new player and you think this game is still a grind, then i dont kno what to say

#19 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

if you are not a new player and you think this game is still a grind, then i dont kno what to say

This is the first game I ever played like this so I have no reference point. I will say that I made a 150 character in less than a year. Is that good or bad? I just don't think grinding for hours to get to 150 is much fun. I like the turnin's more. I had a blast doing abyss and bio2. Making a party with my RG to level doesn't make sense outside a turnin. I get less experience. The game can be a grindfest or fun. If its not fun people will quit playing. Sad but true. I know a lot of my friends will never make it to 150. Just don't have the drive to do it. They get tired of it and quit.

#20 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

thats dumb, did not know that. but in my defense i did raise my base while raising my job.

#21 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

If at level 145+ is using x3 Battle Manual + VIP + Prize Medals worth using to level to 150? And if this IS worth doing, how many x3 BM you think is needed? Considering the time of clicking the npc 0.o

This is exactly what I did. I started at lvl...146 I think though, and I got to 149 with 4000 medals. With 6000 you should be able to 150 with one x3 Manual, server exp bonus events (x2 or x3 if you're VIP), and an Aumdura Benefit. I just wore the aumdura benefit + x3 manual and +8 red pirate hat because I didn't really care to test everything.

That being said, I got 77k per medal in my chat box, so if you're hitting 70k+ you should be fine to 150. I suggest doing it - job exp is a waste.

#22 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

6000 medals on a VIP and x3 , assuming you are at 0% to start will take you to 149 , needing 51750000 ( or approx 60% ) to hit 150

#23 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:17 AM

Server bonus events don't stack with medals, the only things which increase medal exp is being VIP or not, and using a BM or not. Pretty sure using aumdura benefits don't increase it either, nor will the red pirate hat.

Edited by Hrishi, 07 July 2011 - 01:18 AM.

#24 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:35 AM

Because this thread is about the useage for Price Medals...
I'm still hesitationg for using mine for EXP, because I always have in mind, that I could use them to get a Lv 4 weapon (or elemental armor) and sell those to get some zeny.
Is this even worth it? With Seal 4 repeatable now and this huge amount of price medals through the Lucky Boxes, are there still buyer?
And what whould be more worth on Ymir?

#25 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

Because this thread is about the useage for Price Medals...
I'm still hesitationg for using mine for EXP, because I always have in mind, that I could use them to get a Lv 4 weapon (or elemental armor) and sell those to get some zeny.
Is this even worth it? With Seal 4 repeatable now and this huge amount of price medals through the Lucky Boxes, are there still buyer?
And what whould be more worth on Ymir?

That depends really.

Personally I would just go for the EXP, but I have a fairly easy time making Zeny. I think the price on slotted elemental armors is too low to really waste the medals on, and the only way you can increase your profit on those is by state enhancing them. And, of course, you're taking a huge risk doing that (but it's the different before a 20mil Fire Armor [1] and an 80mil +3 stated Fire Armor [1]).

Some of the weapons, like Excalibur, are still selling at a nice price but I'm not sure how easy those are to sell. I'd imagine not very since they're very niche market and most of the people who want them already have them.

If you're confident in your zeny making abilities, get the EXP. If you would rather get a zeny boost, do some research on Ragial and probably invest in a weapon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users