Revamping Scout's skill tree - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Revamping Scout's skill tree

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

Battle Charm at around 500INT already gives 50% attack speed buff, so I don't think it will give raiders any advantage with respect to cleric buffs, it will only help hawker solo PvM/PvP. Many people think scouts are pretty bad, but as you've said it will be good if played correctly, what I see it's wrong here is the attack speed of scout being too low which makes their DPS quite low also, offensive focus has a 20% critical buff and it cannot be utilized due to regular hits lacking DPS.

Since hawkers generally do not have AOE, I don't see why they cannot have their Hawker Accordance increase to 50%. Also some sort of additional attack speed passive is needed for scout skill tree. That's the most important issue I see currently, all the attack skills are fine, there is a reason why scout gets a poison arrow and a raider gets a phoenix slash (burn). Scout is not designed for full offensive, but rather a support class, only big problem here is champ still being overpowered.

For those who don't know, when a bow weapon says Attack Speed: Fast +1 and a spear weapon says Attack Speed: Fast +1, they are not the same attack speed if both rated at 0% attack speed, close ranged weapon and long ranged weapon are scaled differently, long ranged weapon is slightly slower than close ranged weapon which explains why bow weapon shoots ridiculously slow, same for Xbow scout/knight. On the other hand, gunbourg/arti are really powerful in terms of regular pew pewing, since they have some good attack speed passive. :thumb:

whoops, that was my mistake, I mixed up the hawker accordance with combat mastery. so yeah that 50% increase should be fine. i still think the aspeed passive on scout should be around 30-40% maxed which would help balance out the DPS. if they do make it so that both stuns don't share a cooldown, i don't think there should be any changes to the debuffs skills of a scout so leave everything else the way it is.

Edited by tENLAVUU, 17 July 2011 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users