Rumors: +10 Headgear Kafra Card? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rumors: +10 Headgear Kafra Card?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 leofleo

leofleo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

Recently I have heard people talking about a soon to be implemented (kafra) card that will add a special effect if the headgear is upgraded to +10 (or higher?)
Could someone please confirm or at least tell me where his rumor comes from?

Additional question: If this card would actually be implemented, what headgear would u use for it?

Thanks <3

#2 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

http://forums.warppo...nd-a-new-event/

It's one of the winning card effects.

#3 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

bear in mind its subject to change, the kafra blossom card changed slightly from the original winning proposal.

Original: flat 15% resist to all elements
Actual: 10% resist to most elements, 2% chance to trigger additional 10% resist when receiving magic damage.

More interested in the 5% atk/matk per base stat at 100 weapon card myself, generic 20% matk ftw XD

#4 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

The original also had -2 to all stats.

#5 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

You have no idea how much Dev team was not a fan of the Kafra cards, apparently we need to make Kafra monsters to murder... So implementation status of future Kafra Girl cards is murky, and if they do go in their effects will likely be heavily modified.

#6 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

You have no idea how much Dev team was not a fan of the Kafra cards, apparently we need to make Kafra monsters to murder... So implementation status of future Kafra Girl cards is murky, and if they do go in their effects will likely be heavily modified.

Awesome. The "Kafra Blossum" card was a terrible idea.. compeltely negating the reason to get glorious rings (at a fraction of the cost). To be honest they should nerf them so they only do say, 7% from all elements, if that. Need to remember that since they are a card they can go in any accessory... and basically outshine glorious rings in any aspect. At least nerfing them to 7% would mean they're still decent, but glorious rings still are better for maximizing elemental reductions.

Edited by cybernetic, 07 July 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

In other words, the likelihood of us seeing any more of the Kafra cards is growing increasingly low and in case a miracle happens and it does show up, it'll most likely drop jellopy or something.

Edited by MrBudd, 08 July 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

Maybe you guys can make them Hugel Medal exclusive or something. I don't wanna butcher kafra girls for them either. =P

#9 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Put the cards on that forgotten Kafra Lottery in Aldebaran.

Make it cost like, 50000 KSP. (This is 500k in teleports, for who doesn't know)

Make the rate for each card be like, 1%.

Or make one Kafra Card Album, and this one sorting one of the kafra cards. With low rate [1-5]% in the Alde Kafra Lottery.

#10 VonEden

VonEden

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

+1 to asayuu

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

Put the cards on that forgotten Kafra Lottery in Aldebaran.

Make it cost like, 50000 KSP. (This is 500k in teleports, for who doesn't know)

Make the rate for each card be like, 1%.

Or make one Kafra Card Album, and this one sorting one of the kafra cards. With low rate [1-5]% in the Alde Kafra Lottery.

Not bad, certainly that system needs a revamp...pots and yggs are so 2004 Posted Image

#12 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

o.O new monster.. Kafra gone Evil it seen??...i guess The Dark Lord finaly corrup those Kafra staff..

#13 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

murdering kafras just seems .... wrong lol. Its like the most un-RO thing you could do in RO.

On a plus note, the fact one of them at least made it ingame shows how much OMPH our GM team has these days :)

As for glorious rings, they still have their place. They have a lot of other benefits, kafra cards are only slightly better vs water opponents and shadow/holy attacks. Glorious rings win hands down vs fire/earth/wind attacks since they provide aspd/heal/matk etc. Keep in mind warlocks at least get 15% resist accessories to all the main elements, and they're slotted !! (not that you'd put kafra card in there since they can get 100% resist without it easily)

Edited by Hrothmund, 09 July 2011 - 05:15 AM.

#14 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

The Anniversary events in the future should just offer something in which players can offer the anniversary event item to the Kafra girl of their choice in exchange for the card, with a limit on being given these cards one per account.

That would mean no Kafra killing, it aligns itself to a special, once yearly event, and costs the player the special anniversary item.

#15 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

Tone down the card effects and offer one in lucky boxes each month along with new pet tames. That way there is a greater variety of prizes in the boxes instead of mainly headgears being the draw.

#16 JohnBunny

JohnBunny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

murdering kafras just seems .... wrong lol. Its like the most un-RO thing you could do in RO.

AHAHA! This is exactly what I was thinking.

I'd feel dirtier than a puppy who just got done digging a hole in the yard.

Edited by Maka, 10 July 2011 - 04:50 AM.
Offensive to some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users