The State of the Game - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

The State of the Game

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#26 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Inflation cannot be stopped.

Which is why, in real life, free market economies never have and never will work, as they will always have to rely on state intervention in a situation like this to survive. The only difference is that in real life the poor would eventually die of starvation and live in squalor, whereas in ROSE the poor will just quit. There's not much to do about this, as the plutarchs, if you may, have a complete monopoly over the markets. What makes the situation even more unfair is that all these billions of zulie were gained before most of the players now online even played this game, as significant amounts of zulie can't really be earned by selling items to the NPC anymore.

Edited by RobbyKay, 07 July 2011 - 10:23 PM.

#27 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

-fuels up flame tank-

Ok After readings everyones input here I've got some valid points to make.

1 ROSE used* to mean R.O.S.E. = Rush On Seven Episodes, however when Gravity purchased the license from TriggerSoft they renamed it to ROSE Evolution, hence there is no more indication there ever will be all 7 planets. Look for yourself it's a true statement.

2 you're all right, no game design team will EVER read forums for advice on what to do, and seeing as ROSE has no method at all to petition or report a VALID argument / suggestion [isn't there a suggestions thread somewhere...probly full of dust?] they will never do exactly what you want.

3 I too have played ROSE since iRose OB.. my acc is dated 2005 and this was my 3rd! acc from when i started. I remember a user named DeeBee hacking a GM account, GzP and RageZone completely destroying the market with the duplication hack, them whiping ALL user data from the server and moving to pay-to-play to "officially launch" the game. This was infact their first step towards trying to create the "cash cow". After they realized ROSE wasn't completed enough, because they rushed to launch so they had a reason to whipe accounts and duplicated items, they re-opened it to free-to-play and instated an Item Mall. This item mall launch had lv 70 weapons that at the time where amazingly statted but not OP, useful items at reasonable prices and best of all, almost all of it was trad-able. However they've managed to block trading on most good items, jacked up prices, and added EXP and Drop items to increase only IM players abilities to play and win [i myself have ALOT of money invested in the item mall, probably over 500$ by now] however my disappointment in this games Development is as much if not ten fold more then players who are under 18, dont have a credit card, or money to buy game cards. Seeing as the last update to the Hero quest was in patch 24x, and we're on what...34x??? that's over 100! updates without a SINGLE one being ABOUT THE STORY OF THE GAME!!!! HELLOOOOO!!!

4 In-game content, this game is due for a COMPLETE overhaul if not revert back to the good old days, charm affected quest's, dealers actually crafted items EQUAL to item mall items sometimes better!, champs didn't SLAY EVERYTHING in their way, dodge worked and mspd was ONLY acquired through crafted items and DEX, SEN used to increase Skill Power [how many of you remember that? not many i presume as its been broken for over 130'ish updates].

Basicly ROSE [formerly Rush On Seven Episodes] will go NOWHERE until either Gravity gives up it's license, and a new more passionate Development team takes over, even if they just pump out 10 major updates and do what Gravity has done, atleast we'll have new content. I myself have lost faith in Gravity for about 1 year now.

5 I remember when i developed items for ROSE submissions on the old forums, i was told, by Calanor himself, that my items would not be implemented unless they looked more ROSE styled, The item in question[s] was a Gun and Launcher, that color and texture wise matched the lv 170? Dealer armor, only red instead of green. and yet, they have the SHEER AUDACITY to use TRANSFORMERS SUITS!!! Another item was a sword, that resembled a buster sword from Final Fantasy, with the exception it was a single blade, with thicker armor plating and a single edge. [I love single edged clay-more style blades] and that it was also too big [i did however take a screen shot in the SS threads somewhere with a sample pic] and yet the EPIC [it annoys me that they also think bigger is now better all the epic weapons are just too effing long for my taste but meh personal opinion] are 2&1/2 times bigger then my model. Hence they do NOT ever appreciate or concider our opinions, suggestions, or statements on our personal feelings over the game.

and they never will until its dead and they're looking for work again.

-Feuer

#28 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

Which is why, in real life, free market economies never have and never will work, as they will always have to rely on state intervention in a situation like this to survive. The only difference is that in real life the poor would eventually die of starvation and live in squalor, whereas in ROSE the poor will just quit. There's not much to do about this, as the plutarchs, if you may, have a complete monopoly over the markets. What makes the situation even more unfair is that all these billions of zulie were gained before most of the players now online even played this game, as significant amounts of zulie can't really be earned by selling items to the NPC anymore.

But there ARE ways to become richer then even the richest.... I just can't say them :X

However I do think prison boxes should drop in prison like it use too, that was a great way for a new player to farm zulie.... and you could spam pickup there and everything was worth something :waddle:

Edited by CaNehDa, 07 July 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#29 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

But there ARE ways to become richer then even the richest.... I just can't say them :X

However I do think prison boxes should drop in prison like it use too, that was a great way for a new player to farm zulie.... and you could spam pickup there and everything was worth something :waddle:

Im pretty sure that prison and orlo are the main farming spots in AURArose coz i dont think theres a ruins, but i saw updated pics on aura with like 20 partys + in each room

#30 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Im pretty sure that prison and orlo are the main farming spots in a pserver coz i dont think theres a ruins, but i saw updated pics on pserver with like 20 partys + in each room

edit your post please.(your not aloud to mention any other games other then WarpPortal games on this website)

And yea; what I've heard about their server I havn't liked ; they use chems and hearts to refine with, their max refine level is 9, when you refine the dura on your item changes.

They don't have buffsets....

Edited by CaNehDa, 07 July 2011 - 10:43 PM.

#31 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Yes there definitely are ways for new players to gain wealth, but I'm just concerned that many of them will be baffled by the crazy prices and quit before they get the opportunity to gain proper amounts of zulie. Plus the fact that most people (understandably) aren't ready to share their ideas on how to make money, as the good spots are very limited with only one channel per server.

#32 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

Looks like nothing has changed while I was away. :waddle:

#33 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Yes there definitely are ways for new players to gain wealth, but I'm just concerned that many of them will be baffled by the crazy prices and quit before they get the opportunity to gain proper amounts of zulie. Plus the fact that most people (understandably) aren't ready to share their ideas on how to make money, as the good spots are very limited with only one channel per server.

Yes the drop tabble needs a change; but most people are complaining about grade7 gems being too pricey when I think they're at a price they should be at...

cata is at a very reasonable price right now, and I really hope they don't screw that up if they do change the drop tables again...

Just wait till they quit allowing leachers in union war's and people start complaining about the price of union gear going up :X

OMG YOU'RE BACK?

I've missed you -_-

Edited by CaNehDa, 07 July 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#34 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

edit your post please.(your not aloud to mention any other games other then WarpPortal games on this website)

And yea; what I've heard about their server I havn't liked ; they use chems and hearts to refine with, their max refine level is 9, when you refine the dura on your item changes.

They don't have buffsets....

iRose/ROSE NA [pre Evo] you used hearts, chems, and powders to refine, it was the original refine system implemented by TriggerSoft. That game is simply "keeping it old school" and not effing up everything. I actually provide kudos for them for doing so, instead of changing the way things work every 6 months, it should be left alone and more added to it. Thats what this whole thread is on. Everyone keeps complaining about these stupid drop rates... its not the problem.

#35 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

iRose/ROSE NA [pre Evo] you used hearts, chems, and powders to refine, it was the original refine system implemented by TriggerSoft. That game is simply "keeping it old school" and not effing up everything. I actually provide kudos for them for doing so, instead of changing the way things work every 6 months, it should be left alone and more added to it. Thats what this whole thread is on. Everyone keeps complaining about these stupid drop rates... its not the problem.

yeah, that's when +7 or +8 is considered as godly and u can proudly running ard with it... fyi +9 was the max refine. that's what we call satisfaction compared to now.... u throw a stone.. easily hit few with full +15 set.

#36 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

correction.... it did change... but for the worse!

#37 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:31 AM

Go play there then, I wont miss you.

I like this refine system. The "new" refine system is great - took them a while to tweak it to perfection, but I believe strongly that its there.

The biggest issue in this game atm IS the droprates to ALOT of people...

New content?

The devs claimed they will be revamping the Union War system.

adding Clan Wars again; I'm a lil worried on this but ok... (personaly I think the clan war system should work on a bet; clan puts challenge in for an amount of zullie, that zullie is taken from clan master or dep master; till another clan master accepts the offer or they cancel the offer, both clans must pay an equal amount of zullie - 10b would be set as max, 1m minimal) winning clan takes all zullie, and the original 10b is returned to leader/dep and the rest of zullie gets split equally to the winning side) -- Sorry I just don't like the Idea of brave gear... but that's just me...

Adding Goblin Cave something or another (lots of people can't wait)

Stop asking for new content, when ya'll already know they're working on it :X

They released Orlo not that long ago...

Edited by CaNehDa, 08 July 2011 - 12:33 AM.

#38 RobbyKay

RobbyKay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

yeah, that's when +7 or +8 is considered as godly and u can proudly running ard with it... fyi +9 was the max refine. that's what we call satisfaction compared to now.... u throw a stone.. easily hit few with full +15 set.

Yes. There were no venurunes or Lisent Hg, nor any plutorunes to prevent them fron breaking. Legit, +9 was a lot harder to get than the modern +15. iROSE was filled with +9 items though, but this was only due to hackers and dupers. Haven't played the iROSE system since 2005, but from what I remember, I think I prefer the old system to the current one. Now if they just implemented the best parts of ROSE Evo to the iROSE system...

#39 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

Bring back the old skool. !

and yes they REALLY need to stop the IM thing (I't's getting on my nervous)
i had 4 years of fun playing rose back in 2005.
those other years is only crap. Sure there where some things that where good to be developed.
they really need to check what's going on on R.O.S.E online instead of just making some TRANSFORMERS ??.
awesome i got a walking car that can fly :waddle:
NOT.

FIX THE BUGS. most important thing on whole ROSE ONLINE EVOLUTION RUSH ON SEVEN EPISODE'S 2,9 VERSION 999 W/E.
i came back from break and now i already am pissed of on somethings.
but ah well.
WE KEEP PLAYING ROSE RIGHT ? where's just addicted to the game but hate it lol.

and another tip for the developers :
why making an event that's only for high lvl people who have money ?
think about the low lvl nabs.
75k for a ticket ? i would seriously bought that when i whas lvl 3. [sarcasm]

+1 for ladypsyber.
WELCOME TO R.O.S.E.I.M Online

Edited by iRon, 08 July 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#40 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

Go play there then, I wont miss you.

I like this refine system. The "new" refine system is great - took them a while to tweak it to perfection, but I believe strongly that its there.

The biggest issue in this game atm IS the droprates to ALOT of people...

New content?

The devs claimed they will be revamping the Union War system.

adding Clan Wars again; I'm a lil worried on this but ok... (personaly I think the clan war system should work on a bet; clan puts challenge in for an amount of zullie, that zullie is taken from clan master or dep master; till another clan master accepts the offer or they cancel the offer, both clans must pay an equal amount of zullie - 10b would be set as max, 1m minimal) winning clan takes all zullie, and the original 10b is returned to leader/dep and the rest of zullie gets split equally to the winning side) -- Sorry I just don't like the Idea of brave gear... but that's just me...

Adding Goblin Cave something or another (lots of people can't wait)

Stop asking for new content, when ya'll already know they're working on it :X

They released Orlo not that long ago...

Original Clan War Release Info

as for your statement about Oro, they updated* Oro not too long ago, hence your complaints about its updated* drop system...IE you just prooved yourself wrong. Oro has been created for quite some time, Here's the original release date and info check the date Dec 22 2009!

As for the drop rates, its not going to matter when this game in run into the ground now is it? thats NOT the major issue here and its NOT what this thread is about... sorry

and a side note, why in the world would you suggest someone to leave the game that's pushing for its revival? I've dedicated all play time i had to PUSHING for this game to go back up hill, even if its going at a staggered and beaten pace.

Edited by Feuer, 08 July 2011 - 01:20 AM.

#41 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

In the time of DeeBee's hacks there were WAY more players. And even because of all the hacks like duplicate and trade hacks the market was much better. You could sell everything. Zant, junon and eucar were FULL of shops and I could barely turn around from all the lags. And I remember being level 75 becoming cleric and having the new buffs, it was freaking amazing because it took me sooo long!. Even now with IM and all these powders and thing I feel like there was more in that game then there is here. You had these 'jams' and 'charms' to help you level which was great! At least something happened there.. Here it's all boring. Few shops, ghost towns and maps, you've met 90% of the players, all the same equipment, nothing sells, everyone sits around in TG or whatever. There is a tooootal lack of challenge in this game.

They should make some special item that you can only buy ONCE at an NPC or something for 2bil. Whatever it is, not an item that will give you an advantage over others though, it should take out a ton of zulie out of the economy. And sure there are players that have 50bil but still, it's a start right! Kaybe they can make a cool 'old school' costume with 7 parts. Armor, head, gloves, shoes, mask, back, weapon which you can buy for 2bil each and can only buy ONCE. Maybe that will help on the long term :waddle:.

Edited by FeedisArti, 08 July 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#42 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

I hope they will listen

#43 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

They should make some special item that you can only buy ONCE at an NPC or something for 2bil. Whatever it is, not an item that will give you an advantage over others though, it should take out a ton of zulie out of the economy. And sure there are players that have 50bil but still, it's a start right! Kaybe they can make a cool 'old school' costume with 7 parts. Armor, head, gloves, shoes, mask, back, weapon which you can buy for 2bil each and can only buy ONCE. Maybe that will help on the long term :waddle:.

That's actually a cool idea. I don't know if it would help the economy much, but it would be cool to own a very expensive set worth many billions...The only set worth many billions that I remember is the superfighter Set. We definitely could use more sets or equips like it.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 08 July 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#44 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

I've spent the last 2 hours investigating and analyzing game content to item mall content through the news system starting with a thread post dated 11/02/2006 and am currently at the date 06/23/2009. I'm going to release a full report on a new thread detaling the trend of IM to Game Content [including bug fixes!] but i'll be honest....im not to happy with just a 2 year spread ... and i still have another 4 years to analyze...

#45 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

YES! Let's fight this hyper inflation with this idea. I vote to move this to proposals because zulie keeps going into the game, and certian quests give 18m rewards like the orlo stuff. It's only taken out when a really rich person quits, by crune, and by the CG quest which is a mere 50m. I remember back right when evo started and money like that would be alot, at least to me. Now I'm at the point were I might buy something DOUBLE that without even thinking about it.

#46 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

YES! Let's fight this hyper inflation with this idea. I vote to move this to proposals because zulie keeps going into the game, and certian quests give 18m rewards like the orlo stuff. It's only taken out when a really rich person quits, by crune, and by the CG quest which is a mere 50m. I remember back right when evo started and money like that would be alot, at least to me. Now I'm at the point were I might buy something DOUBLE that without even thinking about it.

Putting something in that section is useless anyway :waddle:. Putting anything anywhere is useless because let's face it... there have been so many good ideas un used -_-
Thanks though -_-

#47 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

Putting something in that section is useless anyway :waddle:. Putting anything anywhere is useless because let's face it... there have been so many good ideas un used -_-
Thanks though -_-

That's true, I spend most of my forum time there.. but I've only seen 1-3 things ever implemented.

#48 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

I've spent the last 2 hours investigating and analyzing game content to item mall content through the news system starting with a thread post dated 11/02/2006 and am currently at the date 06/23/2009. I'm going to release a full report on a new thread detaling the trend of IM to Game Content [including bug fixes!] but i'll be honest....im not to happy with just a 2 year spread ... and i still have another 4 years to analyze...

Lol, that's got to be depressing, but +1 if I had one for your effort. Hopefully the people who run this game are paying attention and humbly accepting the facts presented to them then focusing on improving the more crucial aspects of the game more than they have been lately. I don't expect much, but I still have a tiny whiny bit of faith that this game will improve. Then again, they apparently are making a good income from the recent additions to IM which leads me to believe they are a bit "comfortable" right now. That I do not understand. I would think if they are making more money, they would feel more obligated to make a larger effort at improving the game, than just spew out a ton of minor updates, very few major updates and the Item Mall Items. Many of these also come with bugs that will be needed to be corrected later on ....which also can take tons of time to be repaired or just be a minor interruption to the game(it's annoying, but would be more acceptable if the game play mechanics improved, if there was more game content being added (not just revamped) but kudos on the new UW map, and very aggravating bugs were fixed, and so on).

Some times I think for certain people to make big improvements they have to reach a "bottom", in order to fully realize they need to get up. Maybe it is about the same for Rose. They're not there at their bottom yet, but they seem to be sinking, according to a large amount of players, including some of their own forum moderators if I remember right. Sure Zep has mentioned that they are actually doing better than ever, but I think he's basically repping for the company, sticking up for it like many involved in a company like he is would. It's possible he's even told to say that, or "requested to" Personally, if I was involved in a company like this where I could improve the game directly, I would realize it's potential and work my butt off sweating, crying, ripping my hair out, out of frustration almost every day to make it better because I would know it can be done and a high functioning game will make far more money and in the end take less work to operate successfully... But I'm unfortunately not intelligent in that field of work, even tho this is one of my special interests for now, so someone else needs to do that, except for ripping out their hair maybe...

If something great doesn't happen soon, or something new and exciting, what should anybody expect the outcome to be in the long run, other than a loss of reputable long time players and newbies, profit, and reputation? Sorry guys, but I've only seen one Rose Online review video, and a few respectable website reviews in text. None of them were honestly speaking highly of the game. I would like to see that change. I know it is possible and shouldn't have to take a year or more to get a lot of it done.

Meh. I feel negative. I don't like to be that way on here contrary to what some may think. I just want the game to be more fun again. Oh well... I would still play the game until it went to it's grave, but I would not be happy if things didn't change, and I would find a new game to whine about and take up the majority of my gaming time after so long, replacing most of my time spent on Rose. I still have not found a game deemed worthy enough of that, but I know if I keep looking I could find one.

#49 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

My official analysis and response to your thread

This took me,... 4 hours to complete?

#50 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

and a side note, why in the world would you suggest someone to leave the game that's pushing for its revival? I've dedicated all play time i had to PUSHING for this game to go back up hill, even if its going at a staggered and beaten pace.

The part where you suggested they make the refine system use chems and hearts is the part that urked me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users