The State of the Game - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

The State of the Game

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

I Didn't suggest anything, i stated that it is a fact that TriggerSoft [the company who made ROSE NA to start with... had that system before private servers even existed. It's not a new/invented system, its how the game started.

#52 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

Feuer is right.

That how it was in iROSE refining: chems, hearts, and catas.

Sounds exciting right? I farmed for weeks trying to earn enough to attempt to refine once or twice a month.

#53 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:29 AM

Back then refines meant status, and if you had a single set of 9 armor and weapon, you were considered in the best of the game.
There's ALOT of stuff that's been forgotten over the years, going back and reading the patch notes brought back ALOT of memories.

#54 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

i think the most important in the game to change is.

Job Balance

seriously it's not more fun to play anymore if you have a char that can't beat a champ
champs are the strongest atm.
but wtf ? only the 2handed sword ? BALANcE THE SPEAR AND AXE TO.

not only champs have to be the strongest but.
Every job need's to be strong. (so there will be some competition)
BALANcE pleazzZz

another idea.
they must change the amount of shops in 1 city/place.
like - 50 shops in junon / 50 shops in zant / 50 shops in luna / 50 shops in eldeon etc..
wouldn't that be more fun traveling around the 7 planets ?

Edited by iRon, 08 July 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#55 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

+1 for over usage of the word balance and spelling it wrong everytime lol

Job Balance

seriously it's not more fun to play anymore if you have a char that can't beat a champ

BALANcE pleazzZz

another idea.
like - 50 shops in junon / 50 shops in zant / 50 shops in luna / 50 shops in eldeon etc..

also, that wouldn't be wise, as there are level restrictions on going to certain planets. Also theres only 4* planets...

Edited by Feuer, 08 July 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#56 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

+1 for over usage of the word balance and spelling it wrong everytime lol

eww is suck at english.

#57 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

-fuels up flame tank-

Ok After readings everyones input here I've got some valid points to make.

1 ROSE used* to mean R.O.S.E. = Rush On Seven Episodes, however when Gravity purchased the license from TriggerSoft they renamed it to ROSE Evolution, hence there is no more indication there ever will be all 7 planets. Look for yourself it's a true statement.

First point is invalid. Get your facts straight. Triggersoft was still developing Rose Online when the game was renamed ROSE Evolution, which was September 2006. It wasn't until spring/summer of 2007 that Triggersoft stopped development and shut their doors, and Gravity took over. Gravity began with changing drops during late summer and early fall 2007 and began to overhaul the skill system with its first major update in January 2008. The term R.O.S.E as in Rush on Seven Episodes (ie seven planets), has never officially been abandoned. Hence why we saw Gravity develope and release Orlo (another in the sequence of the originally planned planets). As far as I know, Gravity is still (albiet) slowly, working toward release of future planet content, assuming the game remains commercially active long enough.

2 you're all right, no game design team will EVER read forums for advice on what to do, and seeing as ROSE has no method at all to petition or report a VALID argument / suggestion [isn't there a suggestions thread somewhere...probly full of dust?] they will never do exactly what you want.

Incorrect. The developers have read the forums on many occasions and incorporated ideas from the community into the game. They may never meet our dreams and expectations, but that is another issue.

3 I too have played ROSE since iRose OB.. my acc is dated 2005 and this was my 3rd! acc from when i started. I remember a user named DeeBee hacking a GM account, GzP and RageZone completely destroying the market with the duplication hack, them whiping ALL user data from the server and moving to pay-to-play to "officially launch" the game. This was infact their first step towards trying to create the "cash cow". After they realized ROSE wasn't completed enough, because they rushed to launch so they had a reason to whipe accounts and duplicated items, they re-opened it to free-to-play and instated an Item Mall. This item mall launch had lv 70 weapons that at the time where amazingly statted but not OP, useful items at reasonable prices and best of all, almost all of it was trad-able. However they've managed to block trading on most good items, jacked up prices, and added EXP and Drop items to increase only IM players abilities to play and win [i myself have ALOT of money invested in the item mall, probably over 500$ by now] however my disappointment in this games Development is as much if not ten fold more then players who are under 18, dont have a credit card, or money to buy game cards. Seeing as the last update to the Hero quest was in patch 24x, and we're on what...34x??? that's over 100! updates without a SINGLE one being ABOUT THE STORY OF THE GAME!!!! HELLOOOOO!!!

I too played Irose from Feb 2005 until closing in August 2005 and opened my 1st account in NArose in Sept 2005 during closed beta. Yes, much of what you say is ancient gaming history - get over it. Cash cow? I think thats over stating it. Perhaps they had bigger asperations than they were willing to stick with. Basically if you put all your hope in any form of entertainment, at some point you will find you're let down.

4 In-game content, this game is due for a COMPLETE overhaul if not revert back to the good old days, charm affected quest's, dealers actually crafted items EQUAL to item mall items sometimes better!, champs didn't SLAY EVERYTHING in their way, dodge worked and mspd was ONLY acquired through crafted items and DEX, SEN used to increase Skill Power [how many of you remember that? not many i presume as its been broken for over 130'ish updates].

Basicly ROSE [formerly Rush On Seven Episodes] will go NOWHERE until either Gravity gives up it's license, and a new more passionate Development team takes over, even if they just pump out 10 major updates and do what Gravity has done, atleast we'll have new content. I myself have lost faith in Gravity for about 1 year now.

5 I remember when i developed items for ROSE submissions on the old forums, i was told, by Calanor himself, that my items would not be implemented unless they looked more ROSE styled, The item in question[s] was a Gun and Launcher, that color and texture wise matched the lv 170? Dealer armor, only red instead of green. and yet, they have the SHEER AUDACITY to use TRANSFORMERS SUITS!!! Another item was a sword, that resembled a buster sword from Final Fantasy, with the exception it was a single blade, with thicker armor plating and a single edge. [I love single edged clay-more style blades] and that it was also too big [i did however take a screen shot in the SS threads somewhere with a sample pic] and yet the EPIC [it annoys me that they also think bigger is now better all the epic weapons are just too effing long for my taste but meh personal opinion] are 2&1/2 times bigger then my model. Hence they do NOT ever appreciate or concider our opinions, suggestions, or statements on our personal feelings over the game.

and they never will until its dead and they're looking for work again.

-Feuer

Your statement above is patently false. I've seen ingame content credited to people from the community numerous times. It just sounds like you are bitter because your creations weren't chosen to use in the game. But some of your claims above are plainly false.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 08 July 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#58 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

Job Balance

BALANcE pleazzZz

another idea.

Axe- Highest AP +1 crit passive x2
Sword-Highest Acc, but 2nd best attack +1 acc passive x2
Spear-Range +attack speed passive x1

hmmmmm, which ever should I choose?

#59 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

Job Balance

BALANcE pleazzZz

another idea.

2h champ is not the strongest on fair pvp by 1.
Axe champ/Scout/Knight/BC/Gun bourg can beat 2h champ easily.

#60 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Welcome to the new rose where there is so little new content that they need to make the old content so impossible to get what you need that it FORCES you to play in order to get something. (some of the epics, quests that force people who are 220 to have to make new email addresses/open up new accounts to get materials 100% necessary to participate in event quests)

Gotta keep the programers coding item mall crap, so they make other things so you need to spend 2-3 mind numbing months on the mining the same thing.

It's ok though...by the shrinking numbers of players in the game it's inherently obvious that the dev's stupidity is getting repaid to the game by shrinking revenues.

WOW, what I wouldn't pay to speak to the level of management higher than the game managers who look at the overall numbers of what each game brings in to gravity. 2 minutes of informing how the developers have all but driven this game into the ground with their shortsightedness/inability to make customers happy. So many simple fixes ignored in favor of the item mall crap that has driven hundreds of players away probably permanently into the arms of other games. At least before when there were more players the greed of the game programmers was somewhat hidden in a much more even division of item mall to REAL content. Now that there are so few players, the item mall crap is pounded at us mercilessly and repeatedly until I just want to scream. I've started to fear even LOOKING at the new update notes as I know it will be dominated by more and more item mall CRAP. Seriously...I don't even look anymore as it's like a broken record that keeps skipping...ITEM MALL..ZIIIIPP....ITEM MALL....ZIIIIP...ITEM MALL....ZIIIIIP...ITEM MALL.....ZIIIIIP...ITEM MALL.

Worst of all, the story line has been left behind in a smoldering useless pile with a bunch of crap that has no right or reason to be in the game. Bot costumes? Gambling Spins for outfits with rocket boosters on the back? etc etc etc.

gg Rose dev's!

What is the best for player, is not always good for company.
But, i love your idea and many forumer's idea here.
You are simply the best LadyPsyber. I like the way you care NA Rose. thumb up ^.^!

#61 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

Which is why, in real life, free market economies never have and never will work, as they will always have to rely on state intervention in a situation like this to survive. The only difference is that in real life the poor would eventually die of starvation and live in squalor, whereas in ROSE the poor will just quit. There's not much to do about this, as the plutarchs, if you may, have a complete monopoly over the markets. What makes the situation even more unfair is that all these billions of zulie were gained before most of the players now online even played this game, as significant amounts of zulie can't really be earned by selling items to the NPC anymore.

We get state intervention almost every single update. The summer promotion? Where do you think all that zulie goes that is spent on the events? GONE to (hopefully) slow inflation due to there being too much zulie in the market. The problem is that they also release really dumb things which have permanently HARMED the market more than anything they've done to help...plutos being one really big example.

What is the best for player, is not always good for company.
But, i love your idea and many forumer's idea here.
You are simply the best LadyPsyber. I like the way you care NA Rose. thumb up ^.^!

Thanks a lot. I appreciate people who see my passion for the game. I know I come off very strong and aggressive sometimes but it's only because of my love for the game. I tried soft and cuddly in the past, but it's quit obvious that soft and cuddly does not get the attention of Gravity. As for the people who think my rants mean I should quit...lol DREAM ON...i'm like that guy from Dr Strangelove who hopped on/rode the nuclear bomb that was being dropped that would start WW III...i'm going to ride this stinky poop of a game as it falls towards its destruction...until it totally blows up and is destroyed. It's like a car wreck to me...no matter how horrific, I just can't look away...

-fuels up flame tank-

Ok After readings everyones input here I've got some valid points to make.

1 ROSE used* to mean R.O.S.E. = Rush On Seven Episodes, however when Gravity purchased the license from TriggerSoft they renamed it to ROSE Evolution, hence there is no more indication there ever will be all 7 planets. Look for yourself it's a true statement.

-Feuer

I will add some interesting information for people who didn't already know...a whole ton of orlo existed before Gravity got it's greedy fingers into the game...very buggy and missing a bunch of maps but it was there. When you put that into perspective, it makes you wonder how much time is put into developing free content.

I wonder why they don't take a couple hours and make another video or two to throw up on to youtube to advertise the game...they took the time to make up some "funny" stuff that happened in their office however they don't make more videos that show new content(like jROSE does) that hopefully will draw new people into the game. It's a free frickin game, why the hell aren't there thousands of people playing it at all times????

They should be promoting the hell out of the game...hell why don't they offer up some of their (MY PREEEECIOUS) ohhh so (MYYYY PRECIOUSSS) good item mall (MYYYYY PRECCCIOUS) crap to the winner of the best video that 1) promotes the game 2) manages to hide our despair at the rapidly shrinking community. (sorry just watched lord of the rings again and Gollum/the ring totally reminds me of Gravity/the item mall...both covet their "treasure" to the point of absolute destruction).

Edited by LadyPsyber, 08 July 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#62 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

And yes, LP is corrent CoffeeMuse, alot of Orlo was already developed and working prior to Gravity buying their license.

and Bitter? hahaha noooo, i've found much more lucrative places for my 3D designs to go to than a game that was never going to pay me. The point i was making is that something fantasy based, and based of current in-game playstyle was "not befitting of Rose" and yet TRANSFORMERS were added just to boost up IM release / sales...

#63 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

2h champ is not the strongest on fair pvp by 1.
Axe champ can beat 2h champ easily.

Axe champ IS a 2h champ so I'm going to assume you mean sword instead of 2H? Sword>Axe

#64 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

And yes, LP is corrent CoffeeMuse, alot of Orlo was already developed and working prior to Gravity buying their license.

and Bitter? hahaha noooo, i've found much more lucrative places for my 3D designs to go to than a game that was never going to pay me. The point i was making is that something fantasy based, and based of current in-game playstyle was "not befitting of Rose" and yet TRANSFORMERS were added just to boost up IM release / sales...

The "epic"(i use the term lightly) weapons look like day-glo painted monstrosities. Not even CLOSE to sticking to the story line. I'd say 9/10ths of the content over the last year has either been marginally outside or just plain WAY out of the story line. Is there nobody in their office that has an imagination to make stuff that isn't knock-off or copied from movies/things around us now?

We want NEW things...things that are fantastic and different than things we can see every day. Who the hell wants to be surrounded in the game with the same stuff they seek to forget/not see in real life??? To me, that's where they're really annihilating their customer base...instead of making fantastic things nobody has ever seen, they're just making new versions of what we see every day. That's why rose did so good in the beginning...it was so different than anything else that people did or had and for that people got addicted and had to play it. That edge has been lost due to sloppy programming/lack of imagination.

People are playing just to exist until new content comes...I rarely see ANYONE excited to play anymore. Hell of a way to run a game when your customers feel like that. :/

Edited by LadyPsyber, 08 July 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#65 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Before its too late!

#66 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

The "epic"(i use the term lightly) weapons look like day-glo painted monstrosities. Not even CLOSE to sticking to the story line. I'd say 9/10ths of the content over the last year has either been marginally outside or just plain WAY out of the story line. Is there nobody in their office that has an imagination to make stuff that isn't knock-off or copied from movies/things around us now?

We want NEW things...things that are fantastic and different than things we can see every day. Who the hell wants to be surrounded in the game with the same stuff they seek to forget/not see in real life??? To me, that's where they're really annihilating their customer base...instead of making fantastic things nobody has ever seen, they're just making new versions of what we see every day. That's why rose did so good in the beginning...it was so different than anything else that people did or had and for that people got addicted and had to play it. That edge has been lost due to sloppy programming/lack of imagination.

People are playing just to exist until new content comes...I rarely see ANYONE excited to play anymore. Hell of a way to run a game when your customers feel like that. :/

I for one like the epic wepons.

I also like my Bumbleebee costume. It goes very well together with my launcher.

I know a whole lot of people that like the looks the new epic weapons so I dunno what ur beef is :X

#67 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

I know a whole lot of people that like the looks the new epic weapons so I dunno what ur beef is :X

the beef is that a while ago, as a response [and not a topic thread so i can't find the actual post,] there was a responce from a member of the Dev/Rose team stating that item production was slow as replicating the original art concept is not easy, so as many of us volunteered our efforts [some rejected some not, most of the items added were simply models and texture ripped from mobs already ingame and added as back EQ] and were shot down as the items weren't ROSE styled enough, they turn around and release transformers suits...

The only way i could ever find this acceptable is if there was a story to it, perhaps we had alien visitors that left remnants behind and thus powersuits and transformers were invented? who knows, but they aren't rose. its another item you HAVE to pay to get, or spend a ridiculous amount of zuly to get, not exactly that someone new has that much money to buy them in the first place.

#68 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

Every thread about this topic is pointless....
If you want to do something about this everyone has to fight but not everyone wiillll so pointless argument, pointless topic, pointless hope, pointless game. But that's how I think. I only play because I seriously love my clan. If our clan just disapeared I wouldn't give 2 S@#$ about this game.....AT ALL! But yaaaaa all i needed to say. Flame me please because it would be pointless....

#69 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

Every thread about this topic is pointless....
If you want to do something about this everyone has to fight but not everyone wiillll so pointless argument, pointless topic, pointless hope, pointless game. But that's how I think. I only play because I seriously love my clan. If our clan just disapeared I wouldn't give 2 S@#$ about this game.....AT ALL! But yaaaaa all i needed to say. Flame me please because it would be pointless....

They only "flame" i have for you is that its because of people like you that nothing goes anywhere [im not directly blaming you] The attitude of "Everything pointless stop trying, give up, leave" etc is why the Gravity ROSE development team seems to think they can do whatever they want and be successful at it, which is not true.

We have to tell them, sometimes repeatedly, they're making a mistake and we don't like the outcome. If they didn't the game mechanics would be broken and the game would completely die. that's the point of these post's. If you honestly feel it;s not going to help, then remain silent and do nothing, because your input will never be considered if you don't voice it. You have the ability to change things for better, you just don't try, which is your perogative. I won't judge you on that, but don't discourage other members of this community from having a say.

#70 iRon

iRon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1120 posts
  • Location[NL] Flevoland

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

this maybe sounds weird but.
i had more fun playing this game when it whas pay2play.

#71 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

this maybe sounds weird but.
i had more fun playing this game when it whas pay2play.

I could probly +1 your post's all day as I agree with many of the statements you make xD Pay2Play meant no childish antics or freeloading players damaging the economy / content ya know? People who pay for a game, by earning money from working a job, have more respect for it then people who get handed something.

#72 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Wait to Triggersoft had Orlo developed already? Before Gravity bought the license? What was Gravity doing for like the past 4 years then?

#73 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Wait to Triggersoft had Orlo developed already? Before Gravity bought the license? What was Gravity doing for like the past 4 years then?

They quite literally were just re-doing what Triggersoft had already made, and adding item mall. Go look at my thread and youll see the statistics.

#74 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yes...I distinctly remember people getting the banhammer for hacking their way and walking around Orlo LONG before it was in the game and before Gravity.

As for epic's, the few people who like their look are WAY out numbered by the people who think they look like spray painted garbage. The fact you like your transformer wanabee knockoff outfit TOTALLY underscores how screwed your view on what belongs in the game and what does not. I mean seriously...go look at 99.9999999% of the game and ask yourself if your 2011 based costume belongs in the game. This is me rolling my eyes like about 11ty times at you. Like it or not, ask yourself...does it really belong in there???? Where does putting real world copy knockoff junk end? Do we put the space shuttle in there? How about we just delete all the other content that fits with a magical/old age society and put in new plumbing and change everything. God, why do you even bother to play if you think crap like that belongs in the game?

Rose sure as heck isn't for you if you think transformer garbage belongs in the game.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 09 July 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#75 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

I think the looks of the epic weapons are the least of our problems. Most of them like fine aside from the fact that some are unnecessarily huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users