96 replies to this topic

#1 carnisero

carnisero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

How the heck can you stop gates of hell? and why is it that monk have 1 hit KO skills and have a skill that can stop other class damage oO? i for once would like one of those dudes like heimdall or oda or whatever to talk about the monk skills compare to others o______O seriously.

#2 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

If you are in pvp then u might as well just pray u can survive but if it is a team battle like woe, it depends on your role. As a gen myself what I would do is to first cast mandragora howling and blood sucker him the stalk him around and try to kill with cart cannon. This is possible because woe dun allow Uninterrupted cast.
Each class has their own ways of killing one another in woe whether in team or solo. That's what's woe for, to realize your teamwork potential.
Usually I never go alone as I am extremely squishy as a genetic but I can make 150s look like 1/1 novices and that's where my teammate comes in

The whole game is already balanced as it is because everybody has their own OP portion. That's why I hate ppl complaining when they nerf one class and it ALL becomes imbalanced again

#3 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

I'd hesitate to say it's balanced, but yeah, having a good WoE team together really does make for more interesting play.

#4 Alumni

Alumni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

you use pneuma

#5 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

you use pneuma

^
1-4 levels is mele so Safety wall works
4+ levls of GOH use pneuma.

The game is balenced. You just dont realise it.

#6 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

^

I'm behind u polka!

#7 iNightX

iNightX

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:yggdrasil

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

you can also hide dodge it if their cast time is really slow

#8 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

If the game were so balanced I think it would be much more popular. The masses don't like being 1 shot everytime they move at max level. That's not PVP... A non-god item geared sura can 1 shot someone in full demi-human resists + GR + DR with Gates of Hells, even if the target has high VIT, and is max level right now. I've seen it done more than once. Heck, I got 1 shot in the same setup with Hallucination Walk up making that 700+ flee mighty useless.

#9 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Down my reputation all you want.

i keep my stand.

The game IS balanced as it is.

#10 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:19 AM

Down my reputation all you want.

i keep my stand.

The game IS balanced as it is.

Seriously, no. Even the deves of the game disagree with you... There is a reason a balance patch is coming up.

#11 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:53 AM

pvp is retarded, all the skils are OP there, that is the reasons why i hate pvp.

woe still enjoyable, if u have the money to spam ales and supplies, but if u will woe just with pots or slims u wont be having any fun.

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

^

How do you guess when to use pnu or SW in the fraction of second the sura takes to cast? Do they look funny on you, or their left eye winks, or other equal significant signal? :waddle:

I don't care much about suras having really nice strong attacks and 1 hit KO moves. I just wish bishops could learn the buffs and recoveries they have: gentle touch revitalize is seriously better than any archbishop buff. Gentle touch cure is a better recovery than clearance, it can be cast on anyone, you can cast it while being inflicted by Gx poisons without being interrupted, you can even recover yourself!, it heals much more barricades and stones better than you bishop the healing class will ever dream, you can also recover yourself while having old disabling statuses that bishops have to build to resist. Even gentle touch convert is a nice buff too...

But not really, to save you from a sura, just use the correct support. A bishop Another sura to disable/kill/pnuma/tank the damage/recover/inflict statuses and do a happy dance when everything is over -_-

#13 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

kad i am surprised this coming from you. I was sure of your reputation to handle champs/monks in pvp with your arch bishop. one of the things that were common in pvp Hps was sw and hide spam magnum break along with lex divina and linked holy light et all. this was pre renewal. I have yet to see Good AB in pvp. from what you are saying even you do.

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:47 AM

I rarely pvp, and when I pvp it is more fooling around then pvping, so my ability on pvp might be really low on what is effective and maybe high on what is silly but amazing/fun :waddle:

But I'm serious on wishing sura buffs and recoveries with a passion =/. Sacrament must be an infinitely immensely supergodly buff, because that is the only move that makes bishops different from HPs. And sometimes even, from just priests, now that assumptio doesn't work like before...

About sacrament! for some reason, just like clearance, it doesn't work outside of party in pvp. Not even in yourself, just like clearance ^^.

I want sura buffs. It's like, something feels wrong when I have to play 3 tabbed buffers in woe to buff my 'buff/healing class' before going everytime in woe @@.

Edited by Kadnya, 08 July 2011 - 04:49 AM.

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

You need to set your AB's roles. Have several focus on heal and others focus on Pneuma spam. Although, I really doubt there's nothing that can be done with GoH cast time. It's just way too fast with only a handful amount of DEX imo.

Shadow Chasers can manhole lock the bastard and call your offensive dudes to gangbang him. That's the way to go....

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 July 2011 - 05:34 AM.

#16 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

Ask jRO if this game is balanced. They'll quickly inform you of the situation.

Edit: Just throwing this out there.

A point of strength adds 0.5% weapon attack.
A point of dex adds 0.5% weapon attack to ranged weapons.
A point of int does not do the same for magical weapons.

Maestro vs Wanderer
Mechanic vs Genetic
Warlock vs Sorcerer
Archbishops

You should go through the posts in the Specific Renewal Feedback section. Pretty sure you have a lot more unhappy posters than happy ones in that area.

Pre-renewal was like Super Street Fighter 4. All characters are viable in their own right and each of them are unique in their own way.
Now it's like Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, where the game was intentionally unbalanced and now only four-five characters are viable.

Edited by Brindizer, 08 July 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#17 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

I wouldnt compare RO renewal to AE. Yangs got 10 extra invincibility frames on wake up, Yun has a 800 damage combo, but you dont see these characters winning tournaments consistently just yet. Only Daigos yun has had consistent results.

For RO its more so the skill trees of certain classes are just horrible to begin with like Arch Bishop, Dance classes, GX, mechanic and the soon to be nerfed Shadow chasers. With the new balance patch everyones gonna change abit, but really it all boils down to having a useful diverse skill tree in the face of how renewal mechanics works and or favors[ie AoE skills that are safe like Dragons Breath or OverBrand]. High damage, AoE skills take the guess work out compared to single target skills which require you to calculate when the target is unsafe. This game has become more of who has the most damaging AoE skill over most other things. The weird part is that support class characters typically suffer most because they dont have the high damage AoE skill that melee classes have. While in past versions of RO you wouldnt dare venture far without a priest or wizard class in toe with you for support in mob control/mag/heals. Now just marry a linker, kaahi and dragon breath your way to victory.

Edited by Cubical, 08 July 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#18 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

Whine enough to let the company re-balance. Then have someone else whine.

#19 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

No one here, least me, is whining. I have access to 3 OP classes already. But i cant turn a blind eye to the fact that a select few 3rd job skill trees are just not up to par to make them viable and playable in a sane sense. My own wish is that i could go into detail about what needs to be changed, however i have 0 experience playing these classes because well, they suck and arent worth the time investment to 150/50 them. Because lets be frank, the best type of person to ask about what needs changed is someone that has tried different builds, was committed to their class and grinded on a class that falls into the lack luster category.

You dont see these type of people often. And you wanna know why? They gave up playing their -_-ty class to play; sura, genetic, RG, RK, and what have you. They did this not because they didnt love their class, but because they grew tried of not being able to do anything. Literally anything useful.

Edited by Cubical, 08 July 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#20 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

If you are in pvp then u might as well just pray u can survive but if it is a team battle like woe, it depends on your role. As a gen myself what I would do is to first cast mandragora howling and blood sucker him the stalk him around and try to kill with cart cannon. This is possible because woe dun allow Uninterrupted cast.
Each class has their own ways of killing one another in woe whether in team or solo. That's what's woe for, to realize your teamwork potential.
Usually I never go alone as I am extremely squishy as a genetic but I can make 150s look like 1/1 novices and that's where my teammate comes in

The whole game is already balanced as it is because everybody has their own OP portion. That's why I hate ppl complaining when they nerf one class and it ALL becomes imbalanced again

you stupid? or trol? GATES OF HELL CANT BE STOPED EVEN IN WOE, ALSO CLASHING SPIRAL AND DRAGONS BREATH, WHERES THE TEAM EFFORT? UH?
AND IT DONT HAVE FIXED CAST TIME, LIKE ALL GENETIC SKILLS, except the balanced 1 (mandragora howling)

Edited by Mefistofeles, 08 July 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#21 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

you stupid? or trol? GATES OF HELL CANT BE STOPED EVEN IN WOE, ALSO CLASHING SPIRAL AND DRAGONS BREATH, WHERES THE TEAM EFFORT? UH?
AND IT DONT HAVE FIXED CAST TIME, LIKE ALL GENETIC SKILLS, except the balanced 1 (mandragora howling)

Gates of Hell is countered by defending aura on a RG. I don't die from GOH. I usually survive GOH with a meged sura even.

#22 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Even though its been mentioned in this thread already, i sent him (Mefist) a pm a few days ago, explaining the difference between the levels of GoH and how Safety Wall and Pneuma can "Block" it to which he responded, meaning he is aware of these facts.

He isnt interested in balance, he is interested in nerfing an ability he doesnt like.

#23 carnisero

carnisero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:27 PM

How do you guess when to use pnu or SW in the fraction of second the sura takes to cast? Do they look funny on you, or their left eye winks, or other equal significant signal? :waddle:

I don't care much about suras having really nice strong attacks and 1 hit KO moves. I just wish bishops could learn the buffs and recoveries they have: gentle touch revitalize is seriously better than any archbishop buff. Gentle touch cure is a better recovery than clearance, it can be cast on anyone, you can cast it while being inflicted by Gx poisons without being interrupted, you can even recover yourself!, it heals much more barricades and stones better than you bishop the healing class will ever dream, you can also recover yourself while having old disabling statuses that bishops have to build to resist. Even gentle touch convert is a nice buff too...

But not really, to save you from a sura, just use the correct support. A bishop Another sura to disable/kill/pnuma/tank the damage/recover/inflict statuses and do a happy dance when everything is over -_-

lol funny but true. In order to kill a sura you need another sura.

But this is my point. all i'm saying is for other class to have a chance of getting buffs or damage as good as suras. Thats the only way to balance the game.

#24 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

woe still enjoyable, if u have the money to spam ales and supplies, but if u will woe just with pots or slims u wont be having any fun.

Actually i would have to disagree, there comes a time when you need to know when to pot your A$$ off, and when to drop, last Saturday WoE was the most epic WoE I've ever been in, and tbh, I spammed over 2k slims for the whole thing... but I only did tha to help my guild get past something... tanking can be fun and expensive :waddle: but there was also times, I just let them kill me, cause it actually made more sense. I was going to die anyways, why waste the supplies.

I just think your WoE experience might be a little jaded on just using pots or slims because of being in a smaller guild (not sure if that's the case or not, just a guess as to why it might be jaded)

also a lot of people don't need the money to spam ales, they collected them through the st patricks day event -_-

#25 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

@ Sinuar: You may not be aware of this but SW has a very low HP modifer on it now. Not that it matters, if the Sura is using one of their unpottable ranged skills and you use pnuema, all that means is they have to switch to a close range attack, and even if SW was useful, you couldn't use it as pneuma is now up. Which usually results in a combonation of Windmill/Cursed Circle/Gfist which is impossible to avoid with snap and no delay on everything but Gfist.

Edited by Nombus, 08 July 2011 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users