Seriously monks - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously monks

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

@ Sinuar: You may not be aware of this but SW has a very low HP modifer on it now. Not that it matters, if the Sura is using one of their unpottable ranged skills and you use pnuema, all that means is they have to switch to a close range attack, and even if SW was useful, you couldn't use it as pneuma is now up. Which usually results in a combonation of Windmill/Cursed Circle/Gfist which is impossible to avoid with snap and no delay on everything but Gfist.

While all of this may be correct, my responce was more for the "It cannot be stopped even in WoE" caps spam that mefist had put into this topic, when speaking of GoH.

My point is, GoH can be stopped, Mefist is aware that it can be stopped, and still spams things like "It cannot be stopped!" in hopes of getting it nerfed into oblivion, not for balance sake, but because its an ability that he does not like personally.

Edited by Siunar, 08 July 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#27 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

There are other classes that one shot. And there are counter-attacks to Suras too.
Not like suras are immune to being oneshotted.

Just don't freeze in fear whenever you see a sura, and you'll figure out a way to fight them.

Edited by Susan, 08 July 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#28 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

There are other classes that one shot. And there are counter-attacks to Suras too.
Not like suras are immune to being oneshotted.

Just don't freeze in fear whenever you see a sura, and you'll figure out a way to fight them.

Is not that easy... but the fun thing is that genetics are worse lol
Anyways GoH can be stoped with pneum, bliding mist and hiding, but most of the times, suras got almost instant cast time and this skill also can't be stoped, dont forget CC... and some people still dont know how KA can be worse than GoH!

#29 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

@ Sinuar: You may not be aware of this but SW has a very low HP modifer on it now. Not that it matters, if the Sura is using one of their unpottable ranged skills and you use pnuema, all that means is they have to switch to a close range attack, and even if SW was useful, you couldn't use it as pneuma is now up. Which usually results in a combonation of Windmill/Cursed Circle/Gfist which is impossible to avoid with snap and no delay on everything but Gfist.

SW used as barrier on WoE? Are you kidding, right?

SW is only usefull to combine with a Dragon Breath precast. If there isn't way to set up pneumas and gambentain is too slow to remove all of them and magnetic earth doesn't help either...

But who cares, a sura will snap to the precast and CC everybody in a wink so the entire guild will pass and the precast will fail xD

#30 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

the only poison that a sura can cure worth mentioning is magic mushroom, and that poison is far less used by any decent gx

Edited by Andini, 08 July 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#31 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Unless it has changed in the last month or so windmill also has a short delay ( maybe 1 second-ish? ) after snapping, shorter than gfist but you can't do it right after a snap.

#32 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

My point is, GoH can be stopped, Mefist is aware that it can be stopped, and still spams things like "It cannot be stopped!" in hopes of getting it nerfed into oblivion, not for balance sake, but because its an ability that he does not like personally.

then your class deserves to be inmune to the cast limitations that woe brings? ITS THAT BALANCE FOR YOU?

#33 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

then your class deserves to be inmune to the cast limitations that woe brings? ITS THAT BALANCE FOR YOU?

I wasn't aware that I had said anything of the sort...

What i am aware of however, was the fact that you... are aware that GoH can be stopped, but still spam things like "It cant be stopped" because you dont like the ability and are hoping that the GMs will listen to you over someone who is actually interested in balance and not simply the destruction of an ability.

Get over yourself..

#34 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

I'd gladly trade a Sura's oh-so-hard-to-get GoH to a LK's super-damn-easy-to-get Clashing Spiral.

#35 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

I wasn't aware that I had said anything of the sort...

What i am aware of however, was the fact that you... are aware that GoH can be stopped, but still spam things like "It cant be stopped" because you dont like the ability and are hoping that the GMs will listen to you over someone who is actually interested in balance and not simply the destruction of an ability.

Get over yourself..

lets see, again you say that your class and more specific that skill deserves to be 1 of the few skills that cant be INTERRUPTED THEIR CASTING TIME BY BEING HITED? gloria domini should be the only skill that cant be stoped in woe, ALSO FUNNY THING THAT GOH AND GENETIC SKILLS ONLY HAVE VARIABLE CAST TIME, FUNNY? DUH?

#36 Siunar

Siunar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

lets see, again you say that your class and more specific that skill deserves to be 1 of the few skills that cant be INTERRUPTED THEIR CASTING TIME BY BEING HITED? gloria domini should be the only skill that cant be stoped in woe, ALSO FUNNY THING THAT GOH AND GENETIC SKILLS ONLY HAVE VARIABLE CAST TIME, FUNNY? DUH?

Where the hell did I say anything like that in my comment?

You are completely insane..

You're like a spoiled little kid who hasnt gotten what he wants, so you spout off anything that comes to mind, even if it is totally inaccurate and bogus as hell, in your mind, it makes sense and is relevant to the argument, when in reality, its just the ramblings of a mad man.

#37 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I'd gladly trade a Sura's oh-so-hard-to-get GoH to a LK's super-damn-easy-to-get Clashing Spiral.

And then CS gets nerfed and you want GoH back. xD

#38 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Sura is hands down broken.

The self buffs are ridiculously good.

The ranged DPS is huge.

The melee DPS is huge. Gfist, no need to discuss. GOH damage bonus coming when used in combo.

Range defense is absolute 0 dmg taken with pneuma.

Melee defense is absolute 0 dmg taken with cursed circle.

Movement speed is insanely fast, spammable, ignores immobile status with Snap.

Supportive skills are better than most and can burn targets SP to 0 instantly from a range.

When a class can do ALL things perfectly, it is not balanced. There is no area Sura fails at.

#39 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

The ranged DPS is huge.

The melee DPS is huge. Gfist, no need to discuss. GOH damage bonus coming when used in combo.

Supportive skills are better than most and can burn targets SP to 0 instantly from a range.

When a class can do ALL things perfectly, it is not balanced. There is no area Sura fails at.

+1

#40 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

+1

theres a green plus button if you want to +1 it :)

#41 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

The ranged DPS is huge.

Someone in this forum still have brain.

Spoiler

#42 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Someone in this forum still have brain.

*sarcasm detector explodes*

#43 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

And then CS gets nerfed and you want GoH back. xD

They will nerf GoH too IIRC :)

#44 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

They will buff GoH when used in combos, I think... not nerf, but buff. Or is there a nerf to GoH in the future?

#45 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

Id hesitate to judge a skill based on its performance in pvp. A lot of skills are more viable in pvp simply because the damage is unreduced. Just because i can go into pvp on a 99 knight and kill a 130+ rune knight with bowling bash doesn't mean my knight is any more viable than that RK in woe.

Now GoH is not really even comparable to Bowling Bash. But still just cuz it 1 shots in pvp doesn't necessarily mean it will kill any better than other skills in woe.

Edited by Scuba, 09 July 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#46 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:06 PM

Buff.

#47 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

There is no area Sura fails at.

aoe damage

#48 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

aoe damage

LoL right?

#49 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

If you say rampage blaster you should probably stop WoEing on level 50 baby characters.

#50 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

If you say rampage blaster you should probably stop WoEing on level 50 baby characters.

Rampage blaster still does decent damage in woe and is highly effective for lvling purposes. With how broken sura class is I can see how it looks like the rest of us are on lvl 50 baby chars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users