#1 Saff

Saff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Restart : Odin

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Just curious, but when did we get Abyss Knight hats? They look pretty cool.
Posted Image

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

Part of the prize for USRC's top place teams is that they were able to request a personalized headgear from the USRC item list. One of the most popular choices was that particular hat. The hat is pretty rare, by our database count they virtually have not existed in renewal RO. Like the large hibiscus, these will probably be pretty rare.

#3 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

... this is WHAT WE ASKED FOR IN PARTICIPATION WITH USRC. YOUR KIDDING ME? i got the useless flower thats worth 0 zeny, and then the "top" teams get this? wtf man!

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

... this is WHAT WE ASKED FOR IN PARTICIPATION WITH USRC. YOUR KIDDING ME? i got the useless flower thats worth 0 zeny, and then the "top" teams get this? wtf man!

If it is useless for you, give it to me.

If it worths 0z, I buy from you for 10z. 100% profit.

#5 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

I would actually give 1m, so even more profit x3

Oda, will these headgears be aviable for other users aswell sometime in the future? In a year or such? :waddle:

#6 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

hibiscus flower: slotted(meh) 10 mdef(also meh)

ak headgear: slotted(ok) 10% damage redux from demihuman/boss(holy flucking shlit batman!)

you can compare A to B right? took the SAT's and all that? hence its uselessness.

#7 Leifthrasir

Leifthrasir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

It's a shame the Abyss Knight headgear is so darn ugly. If only it looked like pyramid head's facetruck;

Pyramid Headgear?

Also, this.

(x/100) * y = z

y = 0
z = 10

(x/100) * 0 = 10

x = (10 * 100) / 0

999 + 1 = 1000 (.1r% increase)
500 + 500 = 1000 (50% increase)
100 + 900 = 1000 (900% increase)
0 + 1000 = 1000 (INFINITE%!!!)

You would be making INFINITE% Profit. I say go for it!!

Edited by Leifthrasir, 08 July 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#8 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

how the-_- is 10z a 100% profit from 0z????????

edit: Leift posted first, meh

Edited by cRoc, 08 July 2011 - 12:24 PM.

#9 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

you should have won then xDD of course top teams will get better prizes

#10 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

There are clearly people who would appreciate that useless flower more than yourself, BlackPotato. I say you sell it to one of those people and get some of that sweet, sweet infinite% profit.

#11 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

omg it's infinite o:

Miscalculation from my part, I am sorry D:

Anyways. I want this flower. If you don't want, just mail me on Valkyrie. Name your price, if you hate this item too much, give it to me.

If I remember, it gives 15 MDEF and has a slot. Unless they nerfed it.

#12 Juno

Juno

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

Posted Image

#13 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

you should have won then xDD of course top teams will get better prizes

k, u win against Jologs next year and your allowed to say that.

There are clearly people who would appreciate that useless flower more than yourself, BlackPotato. I say you sell it to one of those people and get some of that sweet, sweet infinite% profit.

sorry, 15% mdef. everyone should have gotten a choice, mainly due to the fact that albeit on the list, it was unavailable for use in usrc. see any problem with that?

Edited by Inubashiri, 08 July 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#14 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Heim, this really takes the cake. I put together a USRC team specifically so we COULD get the USRC headgear. Now I find out that there are 2 different types of "USRC Headgear" those for people who win, and the crappy ones for everyone else.

+15 mdef is NOTHING in renewal. I'm sorry, but pre-renewal this headgear does make more sense. The Abyss Knight hat wasn't popular during the actual USRC fighting because it couldn't be purchased. The headgear you actually gave us would be halfway decent if it had +75 mdef...but +15? Do you actually play this game?

Giving everyone a choice of non-personalized headgear would have been the better play here. Way to make EVERYONE upset.

#15 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, it's pretty dumb. You should at least put it in lucky boxes or in the Kafra shop.
I didn't even care about USRC and I think it's pretty unfair.

#16 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

wow... you guys are lucky there was even a "participation" headgear... been in last 3 usrcs and this was the only one i got a headgear for just being there... you want a headgear of your choice... dont suck and put together a team that can get somewhere

#17 Watt

Watt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

k, u win against Jologs next year and your allowed to say that.

Jologs got 2nd place so if you won against jologs that means you got first place and you got one of those hats!!!! Y u so angry 4 gurl

#18 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Immeasurable profit, actually. 0 + 100% is still 0.

Edited by Scott, 08 July 2011 - 08:47 PM.

#19 Ceer

Ceer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSouth Kafra, Payon

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

wow... you guys are lucky there was even a "participation" headgear... been in last 3 usrcs and this was the only one i got a headgear for just being there... you want a headgear of your choice... dont suck and put together a team that can get somewhere

The participation prize used the same wording as the headgear entry for the winners, except the one for the winners was customized. We were not told anything about the most epic headgear in USRC being given to the winners, while everyone else got a piece of crap. I've offered the GM team 2 solutions...either upgrade the Large Hibiscus so that it's actually marginally useful in renewal (+75 mdef) or give us the same choice of headgear as the others got.

it would have been different if the GM team said:
-- Crap headgear for participation
-- Choice of uber headgear for the winners

#20 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

i cant believe people are qqing for iRO actually giving the winners the hats as prizes....... i think it pretty obvious that if you win you will get something better than the average ones

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

The participation prize used the same wording as the headgear entry for the winners, except the one for the winners was customized. We were not told anything about the most epic headgear in USRC being given to the winners, while everyone else got a piece of crap. I've offered the GM team 2 solutions...either upgrade the Large Hibiscus so that it's actually marginally useful in renewal (+75 mdef) or give us the same choice of headgear as the others got.

it would have been different if the GM team said:
-- Crap headgear for participation
-- Choice of uber headgear for the winners

But it seems the winners could get anything on +10. I don't know how did the system worked in this part though.

If they got a +10 gear AND any headgear or if they only got the +10 gear, and some of them chose that headgear on +10.

But I still want that huge flower. I tried to make one USRC party, but they failed to come~ /sob I wanted to show everyone how I fail on pvp... Oh wait.

[Crazy girl would actually choose the flower as winning prize /omg]

Edited by asayuu, 08 July 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#22 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:28 AM

Jologs got 2nd place so if you won against jologs that means you got first place and you got one of those hats!!!! Y u so angry 4 gurl

team we lost against, and got 2nd place. so we were supposed to be more organized with a newbie team than they are. riiiiiiight. we played to have fun, thats kinda the point of USRC. of course you want to win, but not possible when that is the situation.

i cant believe people are qqing for iRO actually giving the winners the hats as prizes....... i think it pretty obvious that if you win you will get something better than the average ones

obvious, no. when looking at the headgear list, "hint hint", theres 1 gear we cant get on there, logically thats what should be awarded to the people in usrc, but no... hibiscus flower, the one people used in the pre-renewal usrc client side. thats the difference.

#23 Icey

Icey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

lol, USRC is a COMPETITION. Losers get nothing that's just the way it is. The hat just a token of appreciation for participating the competition. If you don't want that hat sell it to me. Just pm me and I'll buy it.

Edited by Icey, 09 July 2011 - 03:28 AM.

#24 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

Because getting far this year was such a feat. 4th place is a joke, well even 1st place was a joke this year since no one but Afrikan's team seemed to take it seriously.

Edit: The headgears given to people in the past were named, but then available from the Kafra shop, or lucky boxes.
That's the way this should be in my opinion.

Edited by Myzery, 09 July 2011 - 05:48 AM.

#25 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

If you want that hat before everyone else you need to win. If you can't win then wait for it to appear in lucky boxes.

Edited by Anko, 09 July 2011 - 07:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users