God seal quest chain - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

God seal quest chain

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

There really is a problem with the quest chain. As soon as the meging seal comes up, people rush to do it. On Ymir its been getting done in the middle of the night for the Americas, so your main player base doesn't have the chance to do it unless they stay up until all hours of the night. You guys really need to fix this. Either make the experience split between all the quests, or require people to finish all 4 seals before they can reset (ideally do both things). A change like this could even make the seal release requirement become possible to reinstate back at 100 people.

It's just ridiculous for the people trying to make the item that they have to wait forever because no one is interested in the other seals, and its ridiculous for the people who actually want the experience from the meging seal and cant get it. Send this request to kRO, or do it yourselves, whatever it takes. Just please fix this.

#2 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:03 AM

Theres an easy way to fix this. roll the seals yourself if you want the rewards, the people who put the work in time it SPECIFICALLY to avoid large amounts of people being online to minimise competition for god items and also to maximise what they can get from seal rewards.

I find it odd you say the people who are making god items are missing out on the seal 1/2 rewards since they are the ones who dictate when those seals open /hmm

Also having a requirement to do all 4 seal quests is impossible. Just do a search and you'll find all the reasons why listed in the previous threads that started like this.

#3 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

Other regions of the world miss out on all sorts of stuff due to timezones. Get over it, America shouldn't be the spoilt child of the world.

#4 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

There really is a problem with the quest chain. As soon as the meging seal comes up, people rush to do it. On Ymir its been getting done in the middle of the night for the Americas, so your main player base doesn't have the chance to do it unless they stay up until all hours of the night. You guys really need to fix this. Either make the experience split between all the quests, or require people to finish all 4 seals before they can reset (ideally do both things). A change like this could even make the seal release requirement become possible to reinstate back at 100 people.

It's just ridiculous for the people trying to make the item that they have to wait forever because no one is interested in the other seals, and its ridiculous for the people who actually want the experience from the meging seal and cant get it. Send this request to kRO, or do it yourselves, whatever it takes. Just please fix this.

Your suggestions would just ensure the seals seldom roll and be counterproductive to your goal.

If you want seal 2 to open at a time convenient to you make seal 4 close by doing it.

Edited by Anko, 09 July 2011 - 06:18 AM.

#5 Icey

Icey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

seal 2 avg life time is 80mnts

#6 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Your suggestions would just ensure the seals seldom roll and be counterproductive to your goal.

If you want seal 2 to open at a time convenient to you make seal 4 close by doing it.

Actually I don't believe it would be counter productive. If you look at it where all 4 seals are required to be finished, and the experience is split up between all the quests, then people would spend the time doing all 4 quests to get the xp. And it wouldn't sit on the 4th seal forever.

@Scott - I was only mentioning the country because its the largest player base, and the home location of the business. It has nothing to do with being spoiled or whatever. They do woe's when they do because thats when its the best for the largest part of the community, not because they are trying to be fair. The seals should be the same, it should support the largest part of the community (which in this case would be good for everyone, since all the seals would give experience and there would always be at least one active).

@Hroth I have no idea what you're trying to say by "1/2 rewards". That sentence didn't make sense. Also, I did try a search, the only reason why I can see someone not wanting this is because they they cant KVM spam seal 1.

#7 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Seal 2 will open always at night time because thats the time i want it to open why? because less ppl play during the night why should I share seal 2 with ppl who arent willing to coperate to opening seal 2?and for the record if you make it so u have to do all 4 seals that isnt going to affect me because I already do that, its my effort to open seal 2 with a few others I should decide whenever I want it to open.

Edited by DeltaRay, 09 July 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#8 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

As for making it mandatory to do all 4 Seals in order to reset, it won't happen. Reduces profit for iRO.

Missed a seal run? Cool, wait for the next one. Nothing to spaz out about honestly. I was amongst the first that realized the potential of seal 2 quest but since it's become so absurdly popular, I miss quite a few of the runs.

Better luck next time.

#9 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Actually I don't believe it would be counter productive. If you look at it where all 4 seals are required to be finished, and the experience is split up between all the quests, then people would spend the time doing all 4 quests to get the xp. And it wouldn't sit on the 4th seal forever.

If the exp for seal 2 is split between all 4 seals, the number of people doing seals for exp is going to drop drastically. Seal 4 only gives its rewards when you turn in the ores - that requirement alone deters most people from doing it.

Increasing the count for all seals will make seal 2 stay open for what 1-2 hours? The trade-off is that it will be open far less often than the usual daily rolling. I often miss seal 2 due to the time it opens but i dun care cos i know the next day it will open again anyway.

The seals open at late times precisely because the people questing do that deliberately. If you do seal 4 and then 1 then you control when seal 2 opens.

#10 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

As for making it mandatory to do all 4 Seals in order to reset, it won't happen. Reduces profit for iRO.

Missed a seal run? Cool, wait for the next one. Nothing to spaz out about honestly. I was amongst the first that realized the potential of seal 2 quest but since it's become so absurdly popular, I miss quite a few of the runs.

Better luck next time.

I don't see how it could possibly reduce revenue for iRO. Do explain this logic.

@ DeltaRay The topic of this thread was proposing a change in the way the seals work in the first place, not if you're the one opening them or your reasoning behind it.

#11 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

If the exp for seal 2 is split between all 4 seals, the number of people doing seals for exp is going to drop drastically. Seal 4 only gives its rewards when you turn in the ores - that requirement alone deters most people from doing it.

Increasing the count for all seals will make seal 2 stay open for what 1-2 hours? The trade-off is that it will be open far less often than the usual daily rolling. I often miss seal 2 due to the time it opens but i dun care cos i know the next day it will open again anyway.

The seals open at late times precisely because the people questing do that deliberately. If you do seal 4 and then 1 then you control when seal 2 opens.

I see a problem here.

And yeah, the ore part of seal 4 does suck, but if it gives xp, it would be more of a reason to turn it in. After all they added in that new npc that allows you to trade armors for ores so its not like they're tough to get.

#12 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

I don't see how it could possibly reduce revenue for iRO. Do explain this logic.

@ DeltaRay The topic of this thread was proposing a change in the way the seals work in the first place, not if you're the one opening them or your reasoning behind it.

Limits the usage of reset stone spam. Reset stone = kafra shop purchase. Lower demand = lower sales.

#13 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

Limits the usage of reset stone spam. Reset stone = kafra shop purchase. Lower demand = lower sales.

I see where your going with that. It is possible, I won't say you're wrong, because you're not.

But if this games direction is solely based on revenue and not game balance, then perhaps there needs to be a policy change.

#14 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

you hit the spot.

#15 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

The exp shouldn't be split, at least not evenly. Right now each quest has one redeeming quality, which is the way things should be.
Seal 1: 40 extra KVM badges. Shortest/easiest of the four quests. Also, random worthless gear.
Seal 2: Large amount of exp. Also, OBB (nearly worthless).
Seal 3: OCA (more than pays for the reset stone), moderate amount of exp. No item requirements.
Seal 4: Allows god item to be made.

Seal 2 opens when it does because of the hard work of a few people. The real problems are those who reap the benefits of seal 2 without contributing to anything else. At first I thought that was the problem you wanted to address, but after I read your whole post it became clear to me that you are just another freeloader who wants even more (seal 2 opening at a time convenient for you) for nothing.

#16 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

The exp shouldn't be split, at least not evenly. Right now each quest has one redeeming quality, which is the way things should be.
Seal 1: 40 extra KVM badges. Shortest/easiest of the four quests. Also, random worthless gear.
Seal 3: OCA (more than pays for the reset stone), moderate amount of exp. No item requirements.

Seal 2 opens when it does because of the hard work of a few people. The real problems are those who reap the benefits of seal 2 without contributing to anything else. At first I thought that was the problem you wanted to address, but after I read your whole post it became clear to me that you are just another freeloader who wants even more (seal 2 opening at a time convenient for you) for nothing.

this ^

#17 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

IMOIt just shouldnt be possible to repeat a seal if you haven't done all 4.

#18 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

Just means the seals will never roll, that's really really REALLY counterproductive.

#19 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

i belive implementing the requirement of doing all 4 seals before reset would potentially allow for a single guild to hold the seals hostage if done carefully. this is counterproductive and detrimental to the community.

#20 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

Don't jump to conclusions, I'm actually waiting on seal 2 to come around, and then I'll have all 4, and THEN I will reset. I don't want to waste resets if I havn't gotten the most of them. I am wanting quest balance, not "something for nothing".

@ Hacks

A simple solution to this is an automatically rolling seal that resets once a week. No "seal hostage" as you put it then.

But whatever, I'm done replying to this thread now, its clear the forum community doesn't want something like this. No use preaching to the wrong quire.

Edited by Tkwan, 10 July 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#21 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

a simpler solution would be to give quests better exp so people don't have to rely on seal 2 to level.

#22 Gabe22400

Gabe22400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

but then we will have to roll seal 2 ourselves and not just 1,3,4

#23 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

i'm completely ok with that :P

#24 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Don't jump to conclusions, I'm actually waiting on seal 2 to come around, and then I'll have all 4, and THEN I will reset. I don't want to waste resets if I havn't gotten the most of them. I am wanting quest balance, not "something for nothing".

@ Hacks

A simple solution to this is an automatically rolling seal that resets once a week. No "seal hostage" as you put it then.

But whatever, I'm done replying to this thread now, its clear the forum community doesn't want something like this. No use preaching to the wrong quire.

even if you reset every maint all it takes is 8 minutes to do seal 1 without warp to payon so I can just get 4 of my other friends and we can all do seal 1,5 seals each of us and we just finished re-hostaging seal 1 within 40 minutes not gonna work just to let you know.If you really want to do seal 2 help by doing it now complaining on the forum.

Edited by Delta, 10 July 2011 - 08:01 PM.

#25 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

seal 4 really needs some attention in my opinion, the reward for it should be a weapon you can use, not just some random lvl 4 weapon. seriously, the text goes something like

let me find something suitible for you...

Queen's Whip (1) received.

on my GX... what is this i dont even

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users