Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

POPULAR

Recently I came across some threads complaining about ROSE and, well... about ROSE, but none of them really stated what are the problems, so I decided to try to complile a list of ROSE's current problems.
These are mostly the most recent complaints I found across the forums.

• Inflation: ROSE's economy is suffering from a gigantic inflation. The inflation combined with the zulie cap on trades and vend shops cause a lot of scams, because some items have greater value than the current culie cap. Therefore increasing the zulie cap is unavoidable.
    Possible solution: Introducing "money sinks" to remove some zulie from the game could help. Perhaps some cool looking item(s) for large amount of zulie sold by a random NPC in Junon. Perhaps some adjustments to the drop tables could also help.

• Item Mall vs In-game content: Lately there has been an excess focus on Item Mall content and not so much on in-game content. Orlo part 2 was out for like a half year, and there was still no mention of the final chapter of Orlo. Zeppelin has also mentioned those "Orlo CG's" which should've arrived not long after Orlo 2, but I still can't see them. Bug fixes are cool, but it would be cooler if it wasn't only Item Mall along them.
    Possible solution: More focus on in-game content. Inform players about the state of "in development" contents such as Orlo 3 and Orlo CG.

• Quality of Item Mall content: Back in the old forums when the 3D creation section started I saw Calanor (or someone) refuse an user created item, because it was "not enough ROSE style", but nowadays when transformers are running around Junon Polis you really can't tell what's the so called "ROSE style". What happened here? Seriously... Transformers?! Did the developers really ran out of creativity? Not just those, but those alien guys... Pogo and his friends...
    Possible solution: Keep Item Mall stuff more on the "ROSE style".

• Quality of In-Game content: As far as I could observe: the dev team's concept of content is limited to: new maps, new mobs, new gear. In a world where 60% of the maps and items are not used it's safe to say that we have enough of each of them. What we lack of is stuff like hard instances, Clan Wars, random in-game events, quests, a more interesting pvp and other stuff...
    Other than that... The time we had to wait between Orlo 1 and Orlo 2 was like a whole year. We waited a year for ONE city which is barely visited by anyone and some quests. I for one expected that there would be something special, something new, but I was wrong. One year wasted for an empty city, because nothing's there to draw the players there.
    Possible solution: Adding some fun random in-game events. Reintroducing Clan Wars (which was also mentioned to be in development). Adding some instances with hard and challenging bosses. Adding some more interesting pvp area or beefing the current ones such as the very underused Oblivion Temple Campgrounds.

• Balance of gems: There seems to be a horrible imbalance between gems. It seems like that the only good gem currently is Diamond followed by Topaz for clerics.
    Possible solution: Adjusting the bonus stats given by gems.

• Lack of feedback on suggestions: This, especially this gives us the feelings that the development team doesn't give a poo about our suggestions. A simple yes or no would at least give us the feeling that they actually care...
    Possible solution: More feedback from the devs on our suggestions.

• Story: The last addition to the so called hero quest was like... centuries ago and since then, us (the story freaks) still wait till we can finally complete that riddle!
    Possible solution: Continue the hero quest.

• Quests & NPC dialogues: Not everyone can understand english well, for them it is often hard to navigate in the NPC dialogue to accept a quest, apart of that, most players are lazy, so they dislike reading.
    Possible solution: Adding a quest marker to the option in an NPC dialogue which would eventually lead to a quest.

• Crafting & Artisans: With Union gear and re-roll hammers around the only useful thing artisans can craft are gems or pots, and occassionally Castle Gears.
    Possible solution: Either improving the current crafted gear (like turning them into sets), or adding new crafting recipes which are better and require items that are only obtainable from specific places like bosses or unions.

• Zulie cap: Due to the inflation mentioned above people these days can easily stock more zulie than the zulie cap and many items are valued over the trade/vend price cap. This is a source of scam and therefore bad for the game.
    Possible solution: Increase the zulie/trade/vend cap.
    [Fixed]

These are only some thing I could think of. Post more things if you got them.

Edited by PickUp, 12 July 2011 - 11:36 PM.

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

very good pickup!

one thing idk if its just my Union Uniform stuff but mine says Item Grade:Brave now i dont think it should say that being a union outfit but what do i know....

#3 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

+1
U posted some points I showed in my letter that got deleted from the forums and so many more that I 100% agree with. Lets hope they actually listen to you.

#4 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

Recently I came across some threads complaining about ROSE and, well... about ROSE, but none of them really stated what are the problems, so I decided to try to complile a list of ROSE's current problems.
These are mostly the most recent complaints I found across the forums.

• Inflation: ROSE's economy is suffering from a gigantic inflation. The inflation combined with the zulie cap on trades and vend shops cause a lot of scams, because some items have greater value than the current culie cap. Therefore increasing the zulie cap is unavoidable.
    Possible solution: Introducing "money sinks" to remove some zulie from the game could help. Perhaps some cool looking item(s) for large amount of zulie sold by a random NPC in Junon. Perhaps some adjustments to the drop tables could also help.

• Zulie cap: Due to the inflation mentioned above people these days can easily stock more zulie than the zulie cap and many items are valued over the trade/vend price cap. This is a source of scam and therefore bad for the game.
    Possible solution: Increase the zulie/trade/vend cap.

• Item Mall vs In-game content: Lately there has been an excess focus on Item Mall content and not so much on in-game content. Orlo part 2 was out for like a half year, and there was still no mention of the final chapter of Orlo. Zeppelin has also mentioned those "Orlo CG's" which should've arrived not long after Orlo 2, but I still can't see them. Bug fixes are cool, but it would be cooler if it wasn't only Item Mall along them.
    Possible solution: More focus on in-game content. Inform players about the state of "in development" contents such as Orlo 3 and Orlo CG.

• Quality of Item Mall content: Back in the old forums when the 3D creation section started I saw Calanor (or someone) refuse an user created item, because it was "not enough ROSE style", but nowadays when transformers are running around Junon Polis you really can't tell what's the so called "ROSE style". What happened here? Seriously... Transformers?! Did the developers really ran out of creativity? Not just those, but those alien guys... Pogo and his friends...

• Quality of In-Game content: As far as I could observe: the dev team's concept of content is limited to: new maps, new mobs, new gear. In a world where 60% of the maps and items are not used it's safe to say that we have enough of each of them. What we lack of is stuff like hard instances, Clan Wars, random in-game events, quests, a more interesting pvp and other stuff...
    Other than that... The time we had to wait between Orlo 1 and Orlo 2 was like a whole year. We waited a year for ONE city which is barely visited by anyone and some quests. I for one expected that there would be something special, something new, but I was wrong. One year wasted for an empty city, because nothing's there to draw the players there.
    Possible solution: Adding some fun random in-game events. Reintroducing Clan Wars (which was also mentioned to be in development). Adding some instances with hard and challenging bosses. Adding some more interesting pvp area or beefing the current ones such as the very underused Oblivion Temple Campgrounds.

• Balance of gems: There seems to be a horrible imbalance between gems. It seems like that the only good gem currently is Diamond followed by Topaz for clerics.
    Possible solution: Adjusting the bonus stats given by gems.

• Lack of feedback on suggestions: This, especially this gives us the feelings that the development team doesn't give a poo about our suggestions. A simple yes or no would at least give us the feeling that they actually care...
    Possible solution: More feedback from the devs on our suggestions.

• Story: The last addition to the so called hero quest was like... centuries ago and since then, us (the story freaks) still wait till we can finally complete that riddle!

• Quests & NPC dialogues: Not everyone can understand english well, for them it is often hard to navigate in the NPC dialogue to accept a quest, apart of that, most players are lazy, so they dislike reading.
    Possible solution: Adding a quest marker to the option in an NPC dialogue which would eventually lead to a quest.

• Crafting & Artisans: With Union gear and re-roll hammers around the only useful thing artisans can craft are gems or pots, and occassionally Castle Gears.
    Possible solution: Either improving the current crafted gear (like turning them into sets), or adding new crafting recipes which are better and require items that are only obtainable from specific places like bosses or unions.

These are only some thing I could think of. Post more things if you got them.

You missed:

• Users & Developers: After suffering for so long, users for the most part want to kick the developers in the junk.
    Possible solution: A "Kick the Dev in the Junk" day at the Gravity HQ. I'm sure that the California users will do us proud and make up for the rest of us not being able to attend.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 09 July 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#5 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

I would love to play this game more but until more stuff comes out and they sort out the balancing issues people are going to remain away :)

I also would love to know what happened with the new Castle Gear... I'm sure it was meant to be out agessss agoooooo...

Maybe we might get something in the development notes this month worth reading...

#6 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

you forgot a good dev team

#7 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Whoever bans players, some of the people who answers tickets, chooses to make players banned OR unbanned, yeah those guys need to be more professional, understanding, and friendly. I am still mad at whoever kept my clanny banned, for saying cuss words that bypassed their bad word filter, and talking bad about the game. It's like we are in elementary school sometimes, when you say a bad word u get a pink slip, but in this case you can be expelled. If the game was better they wouldn't hear much badmouthing of the game either. I was also mistaken once for having extremely inappropriate names and suspended for that. Of coarse, I didn't make those names, and they weren't mine... but I still got suspended and a simple "Sry" when they found out they were wrong.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 09 July 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#8 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

Whoever bans players, some of the people who answers tickets, chooses to make players banned OR unbanned, yeah those guys need to be more professional, understanding, and friendly. I am still mad at whoever kept my clanny banned, for saying cuss words that bypassed their bad word filter, and talking bad about the game. It's like we are in elementary school sometimes, when you say a bad word u get a pink slip, but in this case you can be expelled. If the game was better they wouldn't hear much badmouthing of the game either. I was also mistaken once for having extremely inappropriate names and suspended for that. Of coarse, I didn't make those names, and they weren't mine... but I still got suspended and a simple "Sry" when they found out they were wrong.

What happened to your nickname in the game? Wasn't it something equally repulsive as trying to circumvent the word filter?

you forgot a good dev team

I hassle the developers nonstop but the bottom line of this fiasco resides in their management/people who plan the development(head of development team). The developers in most cases just follow direction like hamsters in a wheel. I personally manage a team of 40 level 1 developers...they do what they're told by either a> our consultants b> our tier 2/3 developers who work with our divisions to figure out what needs to be done/fixed/created c> in rare situations, me although I spend most of my time just making sure the hamsters keep running in their wheels. :)

Unless Gravity is different than most shops(I wouldn't put it past them), they probably work in a similar fashion.

Your point is valid though, speaking from personal experience where my job relies on customer (our divisions are treated like customers to my shop) satisfaction, Gravity fails on so many levels it pains me. I can probably count the number of times I've seen someone say "i'm totally happy about the game" on one hand.

I don't know why we put up with so much strife/disappointment. I'd like to say I stay around because one day I hope to see the game live up to some semblance of my expectations but at the end of the day, I have no frigging idea why I stay around...perhaps I enjoy the pain of unfulfilled hope...lol.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 09 July 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#9 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

I think the gems definately need to be balanced. Say for a champ... Your obviously going to choose a d7 over an R7 because an R7 sucks cuz a d7 is so overpowered. I think stuff like say p7s should be upgraded. Along with like those opal and amythest stuffs, those were good for some specific classes... at times... but then they were nerfed. Add in LadyPsybers proposal about charm doing something ingame. btw I think they should make it so sense crafters have more of a point. Dont help the con crafters out anymore, gems are plenty enough personally... When I had a gem crafter I made at least double what I got it for on every gem. I just think that the mats needed should be less limited, and should be quite a bit more common because gems are an essential part of the game.

#10 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

What happened to your nickname in the game? Wasn't it something equally repulsive as trying to circumvent the word filter?

Perhaps to some it was equally repulsive. Maybe that was the point, to be repulsive, as I still am to you:D. you, your friend, or your phamdam reported me for it (or so they said), but that's okay:) Anyway, that is besides the point of this thread.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 09 July 2011 - 03:44 PM.

#11 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Those expensive items will take time and effort to make. Which leads me to believe the chances of getting something like pickup mentioned are slim. Most likely, if they would make nice items worthy of being so high priced at the very least they would end up as rare event items (such as superfighter), or an Item Mall item. We can dream though... and maybe it will happen. The Z cap in trade/vend must be increased in order to stay respectable by many people's standards. I don't understand what "money sinks" is.

Huh, where'd your post go yeoldknight?

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 09 July 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

Story: The last addition to the so called hero quest was like... centuries ago and since then, us (the story freaks) still wait till we can finally complete that riddle!
@Story
http://forums.roseon...posts=1&start=1

posted 4/29/2010
over a year ago

Quality of Item Mall content: Back in the old forums when the 3D creation section started I saw Calanor (or someone) refuse an user created item, because it was "not enough ROSE style", but nowadays when transformers are running around Junon Polis you really can't tell what's the so called "ROSE style". What happened here? Seriously... Transformers?! Did the developers really ran out of creativity? Not just those, but those alien guys... Pogo and his friends...
@QOIMC
The user that was denied their submission was mine. Another thing that is hypocritical atm.

Crafting & Artisans: With Union gear and re-roll hammers around the only useful thing artisans can craft are gems or pots, and occassionally Castle Gears.
@C&A
Blue armor should all contain set bonuses.
Grand for HP+
Demon for Crit
Legendary for Class stats
Saint for lower level and acc [need more acc to hit higher mobs while using lower armor] grinding set
Golden for MP+
etc and so on.

Edited by Feuer, 09 July 2011 - 04:32 PM.

#13 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

Quality of Item Mall content: Back in the old forums when the 3D creation section started I saw Calanor (or someone) refuse an user created item, because it was "not enough ROSE style", but nowadays when transformers are running around Junon Polis you really can't tell what's the so called "ROSE style". What happened here? Seriously... Transformers?! Did the developers really ran out of creativity? Not just those, but those alien guys... Pogo and his friends...
@QOIMC
The user that was denied their submission was mine. Another thing that is hypocritical atm.

While it may seem hypocritical, things can change in time. Maybe this was the case? Have you tried resubmitting your item?

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 09 July 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#14 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

While it may seem hypocritical, things can change in time. Maybe this was the case? Have you tried resubmitting your item?

Indeed. I too was *knocked back* in the old forum days, over something else. Did it deter me?...nope, it just made me all the more determined.

p.s allbeit under different conditions. I finally did get what i asked for :)
The moral to this story, dont ever give up.

#15 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Indeed. I too was *knocked back* in the old forum days, over something else. Did it deter me?...nope, it just made me all the more determined.

p.s allbeit under different conditions. I finally did get what i asked for :)
The moral to this story, dont ever give up.

Never say never
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5-P9v3F8w
i had 2 post it even tho hes gay :/

Edited by tythemuss, 09 July 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#16 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

I hope the gm's get the wake up call (if it isn't blatantly obvious already). That is good list of concerns there Pick up, and if there is one thing the gm's should be aware of is that they should listen to the players. The players are the income of the game and without them Gravity would cease to exist. The proposals and suggestion section is filled with innovative ideas and realistic changes that will improve game play, can make the game more fun, balanced and keep people playing. Nearly everyday people are awaiting improvements to the drop table, class balancing (it it still flawed), (which the last patch we received any of was about 9 months ago. Lowering Champs mspeed in a half assed way 3 months ago hardly counts), new content.

The feedback we do receive pertaining to these is rare, and the event that we see these changes in patches is even more so.

Where are the other set bonuses for Reinforced, legendary dark gear etc.?
Where is the Orlo CG we heard about last fall?
Where are Clan Wars?

Feuer, that is hypocritical. Do you have the link to the item you submitted? Surely it can't be off of Rose Style anymore.

Edited by Phish, 09 July 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#17 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

Keep these coming guys, I wanna see how will the community react if next patch is 100% Item mall patch again. :)

Well at least, I think we get the die at above 0% HP bug fixed?

#18 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

I bet they purposely put bugs into the game each week, so that next week they can fix them and make it look like they r doing something :rofl: :D :go: :) :lol:

#19 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

I bet they purposely put bugs into the game each week, so that next week they can fix them and make it look like they r doing something :rofl: :D :go: :) :lol:

lol... nice conspiracy theory and a genius plan if that was really happening.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

links to my novice and older submissions

http://forums.roseon...osts=31&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=16&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=44&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=19&start=1
http://forums.roseon...posts=8&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=11&start=1

#21 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Never say never
(Its him video)
I bet they purposely put bugs into the game each week, so that next week they can fix them and make it look like they r doing something

LoL Tythe you posted the Justin. Now im going to get the Bieber fever :)
Wax on Wax off!

I dont think they deliberately introduce bugs. Crikey cut down on the Justin music :rofl: Its boggling your brains.

#22 Hitman2506

Hitman2506

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUSA!
  • Server:Leonis FTW

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

Never say never

why did u do that man cmon????

#23 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

why did u do that man cmon????

Coz wot they posted reminded me of karate kid the new 1 with this song in it :/, makes no sense no black guy no matter how good he is can beat a asian kid up at karate :/

#24 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Never say never

My 11 year old son said he was gay. I informed him that he made 150 million dollars last year and will probably make another 150 this year. He went really quiet and I don't think beiber is so gay to him anymore.

#25 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

links to my novice and older submissions

http://forums.roseon...osts=31&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=16&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=44&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=19&start=1
http://forums.roseon...posts=8&start=1
http://forums.roseon...osts=11&start=1

I can see both sides points from these pictures
(yours and gravitys)

I think biggest issue was (sorry I was too lazy to read, I just watched pictures and glanced at the descriptions) that you submitted these as next tier weapons
(please, correct me if I am wrong)
in such way they don't fit too well

most of these have way too high polycount to be used in Rose the way they are made (it can be fixed with using detailed textures instead of gazillion of polys)

it is true that transformers - spacy scifi gear looks strange in Rose, but IM items are a way to introduce "randomness" into game

anyway, as JB said before - don't give up
don't have a emotional attachment to your old work stuff and be ready for tons of bad comments (it's part of the learning/creative process) and even if you have more than 20 years of experience in field of design/art/gfx/whatever you will always have a chance to get lousy comments although you think it is the masterpiece
most of the time it just comes down to personal taste

so... about your models, take another look at them, compare them to what is currently in game or even better, compare them to old original stuff and try to improve your stuff
also, re-submitting them with another purpose might give you a "green light" this or next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VMTIPwk74

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users